• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon World: Shadows of the Past

Anubis took off his mask and bowed. He said" I'm Anubis sir. Illusive handed Kestrel to Mark. He then took off his mask and said" I'm Illusive sir. I might not be able to use illusions but I can dish out really strong electric attacks. I'm kinda fragile, so sustained battles aren't my specialty. I'm pretty good at hit and run fighting though." Illusive then bowed to Mark.

"Alright, I will keep that in mind then." Mark said, grabbing Kestrel. "Go watch T.V or something in the Main Hall." Mark closed the door. He put Kestrel in a chair. He sat down in another chair, waiting for the Rufflet to wake up. He worked on the Pokeballs while waiting.

"Well, Anubis, Illusive... I think that you deserve a rest. It's been a hard day. Do whatever you want, I'm going to talk with Roswell. If we want to infiltrate in that tower, we will need more ideas." Venen said, going to Roswell's room. Once she was there, she knocked several times. "Roswell, it's me! Venen! Can I come in?"

Kestrel woke up. His vision was blurred, but he could distinguish a mysterious figure in front of him. He tried to move, but he was kinda tired or hurt after the torture of Anubis and Illusive. He closed his eyes again. "Where... Where am I? And who are you? Are you good? Bad?" Kestrel laughed a little. "Well... I guess that it doesn't matter now..."

Anubis and Illusive put back on their masks. The two then went to the main hall and stared at the tv in amazement. Anubis said" This is amazing. This is so cool. Is this what humans did in their free time?" Illusive said in a feminine voice" I wonder what else they did for fun."

"It doesn't matter now." Mark answered giving Kestrel berry juice. "So, you may have heard of us. We are the Ancient Echoes. We want to bring back the technology of the past to today. But, we sometimes have to be violent to get some of the tech. So no one approves really. Anyways, I am Mark. I am the leader here. I am sorry about those small demented Zoruas, they just joined." Mark drank from a bottle of Soda. "So, I ordered you to be brought here, for you to answer this simple question. Are you a Human?"

Anubis heard the words demented zoruas. He was offended because mark was the leader of this place yet he couldn't recognize that he was a fennekin. He was also offended because he was called demented. He shouted" Hey our parents did that to us all the time! We just are really angry at the world for doing that kind of thing to us and we want to show the world what it feels like to feel what we have felt! Also I am not a Zorua!"

Mark opened the door. "I just met you and you said you can't do illusion. Or it was your sister, I don't really care! Also, I thought you were wearing a costume." Mark said back. "And even if your parents did it to you, doesn't mean its just to torture people because your parents were abusive! Also, it was your PARENTS not the WORLD!" Mark closed the door again. "Sorry about that."

Anubis said" That was Illusive. Also I was and I took off my mask revealing my fennekin face." Illusive said" we sort of are adopted siblings. We were both in the same kind of family and Anubis helped me escape. Also how are we to know that the world is any different then our families if we never got to see anyone else. The rest of our towns did nothing to stop our parents, so we know they were in on it. We never got to interact with many Pokemon as ourselves outside of them, so as far as we know most of the world hates us. Also if the ones that were supposed to be the ones that cared about you the most did that kind of thing to you your mind would be somewhat messed up too. It might take a while for us to not want to torture the world? Basically we would need to learn that their are a decent amount of Pokemon that care about us before we could stop being so angry. Also mommy said we could torture them. Anubis said" Look I'm sorry for the fact that I'm angry at the world for what a small group of Pokemon did to me. I know I shouldn't be angry at everyone for what a small group did, but unless I know I am loved by a decent number of Pokemon It will be hard to see any good in the world. From what I have seen there are three types of Pokemon the bullies the victims and the Pokemon that see Pokemon being hurt by someone else and does absolutely nothing. I would rather be a bully then a victim, and if you try to be a bystander you might end up as a victim. I have seen no heros in this world. Those don't exist. Everyone just looks out for themselves."

Kestrel opened his right eye. "They are right." Kestrel said, breathing intensively. "And... If you ask about if I am a human... Does it matter?" Kestrel stopped talking. After some seconds of silence, he continued. "I only see Pokemon all around here, so I suppose that I am a Pokemon too. And if I were a human... Do you think that anyone would believe me? Most of the Pokemon wouldn't. Maybe I am just crazy." Kestrel continued, trying to avoid the question. "Like most of them said".

Venen heard all the argue from the hallways, but she ignored it. She just looked at the place where all the sound was coming, sighed and continued knocking the door.

Mark sighed. "I sensed something appear out of nowhere with my glasses." Mark explained. "I will belive you if you would say you were human. I went to the past once, and I became a human. I theorized that in the past, Pokemon become Humans, and in the future, humans become Pokemon. Of course, my Time Machine broke when I went to go get people to help me invade." Mark drank more Soda.

"Is that so?" Kestrel said, still with an axed voice. "Well... I may want to return. Well... If I have to judge my experience here, at least the few... How long I've been unconscious?... Well, I'd love to return. But since one of my dreams was always turn into a Pokemon... I'll give it another chance. Well... Like if I had some more options... And yeah, I am a human. Don't ask me how or why I've turned into a Pokemon, but I am a human. I can't believe that you... Well, then you are my last hope if I want to come back."

Venen supposed that Roswell was not there. it was a pity since she managed to get some pieces that may be useful for the investigations he was running. She returned to the main hall and stayed some minutes watching the TV show.

"Well, that was simple." Mark said. "Tomorrow, there is much to be done. Go into the guest bedroom, and sleep, when you want to." Mark opened the door to the Main Hall. He went out and turned off the T.V. "Alright everyone, go to sleep." He said, moving the T.V into his room. He then worked on the Pokeball.

Kestrel did not hesitate and left the room. He walked along the hallways, limping, exhausted. Venen led to her bedroom. The other minions started to go to their beds, but she was interrupted by a small Rufflet. "Excuse me, where is the guest room?" Kestrel asked. "Yeah, the third intersection, then you go right and... Second door, the left one." Venen explained. Kestrel thanked her for the information, then both Pokemon continued with their ways, but Venen turned again. Is he...? Venen went first to Mark's room, knocked the door and entered. "What is that bird doing here? Has he joined us? Please, he is crazy!"

Mark opened the door. "Venen." Mark yawned. "I am crazy. Also, one is better than none. If he is telling the truth, he can show us the Power Source. If this guy thinks he is a Human, then he is devoted to get back, and help us. I mean, I kind of believe him, not very much, but mostly I do." Mark closed the door to sleep.

"Telling the truth? How is that even possible? Humans disappeared long ago!" Ven said, angrily. "Ok. Ok. I'm not gonna argue. I'm just gonna say that I'm not going to take care of him. And if he is a human, something that I really doubt, I'm not gonna train him, right? I normally don't move any of my fingers if one of my Unovan Salandits get in trouble, don't expect me to do something different with him, right?"

"I will see if Rosewell could do it, if not, then I will." Mark said through the door. Mark then fell asleep in his bed. He hoped to finish the Pokeballs by the next day.

"Alright. Have a good night then." Said Venen while she was slowly going to her bedroom. She had a quick bath and started to sleep. Kestrel went ahead and started to sleep comfortable, but he was not used to sleeping with other people. He wondered if Pokemon snored too. Last time, when he was trapped, he didn't sleep, but neither did his savior, so he couldn't check it up. In a matter of hours, the night passed, and the sun started to rise again.

Anubis and Illusive didn't know where the bedrooms were, so they fell asleep where they were. The two Pokemon's noses twitched in their sleep. Illusive started talking in his sleep. He said" I love family. I do anything for them." Illusive then pressed his head into Anubis's leg in his sleep. Anubis's tail wagged slowly while he slept.

Mark woke up. He went to the calendar and crossed out another day. He wanted to test the intercom that he made. "Hello, everyone wake up please." Mark said into the Microphone. He then walked up to a Piece of Paper, and wrote down some plans on it. He went onto the intercom again. "After everyone eats, please come to the Main Hall please." Mark waited in the Main Hall for everyone to show up.

Venen woke up, still irritated for the presence of that mad Pokemon in the army. She took some berries and ate them, while one of her Salandits brought her a cup of tea. Venen took it and started to go to the Main Hall.

Kestrel didn't sleep very well, so he was kinda tired when he woke up, several minutes later than the other Pokemon that slept with him. He tried to ask for directions, but the other Pokemon simply ignored him. His belly was roaring, so he just followed the other Pokemon, expecting to reach a kitchen or a canteen, but he ended up in the Main Hall too. He sighed. "Well, I guess there is no breakfast for me today..."

Anubis and Illusive woke up. The two had fallen asleep in the main hall. Anubis walked over to mark and said" I'm a fennekin. Illusive is a Zorua. The two of us were both in similar situations family wise so we helped each other out. Also if you never have experienced love before except from one Pokemon it is hard to believe that the world cares about you. Now that we have a mommy our anger at the world should go away. Then we will only want to hurt Pokemon if they oppose us or have something we need." Anubis went over to Kestrel and said" Sorry about yesterday it's just me and Illusive have experienced more hate then love and we are kinda angry at the world. Our parents did that to us normally. If you aren't going to hurt the ones I care about we will get along fine."

"Yeah good speech." Mark said. "Anyways, I am anticipating by the next Two Days, the Time Machine will finally be fixed. So, I will be assigning you jobs. The ones on the left." He said pointing to the Pokemon on the left. "You guys stay here with me. The rest of you will follow Venen, and Rosewell if he decides to come out of his room." He then pointed at Kestrel. "And you are going with Venen. I am giving you Pokeballs to test out. The button on the top will release the Pokemon inside. So Venen's group will be going to Black Tower with the Pokeballs. Everyone grab their Go-Googles and go to the Tower." He ordered. He headed to his room.

Stygian was flying through the air,he escaped a pack of pokemon and landed in a tree near the tower "oh my goodness,how the hell am i alive!?" He then chuckles and looks down "how has the world come to this? It's so...messed up!" He gets up and looks towards the tower "what the? How did I not notice that" he pushes himself off the branch and glides to the tower

Venen heard the speech. "As you say, boss." She took the Pokeballs and the Go-Googles. Then, she went aside and started talking again. "Ok guys, the ones that are gonna come with me... You'll better come here again. I'm not going to explain it twice." Then, she waited until all the minions grouped around herself.

"Don't worry, I just hope that this is not happening again.It still hurts a little bit." Kestrel said, offering his wing as a signal of peace, but it didn't last long because he heard his name. He stared again to Markus and nodded. "Yeah, yeah, as you say." Kestrel approached quickly to Venen, but not too much. He knew that she didn't like him.

Anubis and Illusive were pretty much in the middle. Anubis looked at mark and said" We are kinda in the middle. Where do we go? Illusive said" Maybe we could get some basic training before we go on a mission." He then said" If you need an electrical power source maybe I could act as one until you find a permenent solution." Anubis said" I'm sure we don't need to much training Illusive. Maybe anger management help but not training. I can disguise myself as whatever I want and you can pretty much destroy any none ground type with one hit. Granted you will also be knocked out in one hit, but hit and run fighting can prevent that."

Mark turned around. "I am in charge of the electricity and we are fine." Mark explained. "And I think that going with your Guardian is better than staying around here." Mark then started heading into his room again.

Stygian climbed onto the tower and latched onto a window "ugh,this is tough as a gliscor" he pulled himself up and landed in a completely empty room "huh...that was anticlimactic"

Anubis and Illusive followed Venen. Anubis looked over at Kestrel and saw the pokeballs. He asked" What do those do? I assume he gave them to you because if you aren't crazy and you are a human you would know how to use them. Are they dangerous?" Illusive said" if you are a human you would know how to use them without being told what they are. If he wanted to see if you were being honest he could have just said who to use them on with no instructions on what they do or in case of emergency do this. I guess he believes you but not wholeheartedly."

"Well, I guess I could try, but I am not used to manipulating things using wings." Kestrel said. "You! Be quiet!" Venen said, angrily. It was more than obvious that she didn't share the same opinion that Mark or the other Pokemon. For her, it was just a crazy Pokemon that was looking for some attention.

"Ok, our objective is the Black Tower. We'll start heading there right now, so we should be there by midday." Venen shouted. "We need to get into that tower and get some pieces for the machine. But this time we have something new, a trained army that will try to stop us. This will be tougher than most of the other battles. Luckily, we have this human technology with us. I think is... Like a jail." She took one Pokeball. "Instructions are clear, attack everyone and leave no living Pokemon if it is possible; everything needed for having access to the Black Tower and have some pieces." Then, Venen approach to Kestrel and took his Pokeball. "If you don't mind, I'll have this..." She said. "Everyone, we'll be going in 10 minutes, so take everything you need." Then, she started to walk to the outside of the Castelia Sewers and waited, with a bunch of Unovan Salandits following her."

Anubis grabbed his bag. Illusive said to Kestrel" I guess mommy doesn't even believe what you are saying is possible. Some Pokemon have power over time. Maybe Celibi or dialga thought our time needed you if you are not crazy. That is the only possible explanation I can see other than your crazy. So there is a chance your not crazy, but a small one considering how almost no one gets to see legendary Pokemon. So the odds are your crazy, but if dialga or Celibi appeared before me and told me you were telling the truth, first I would check if it is an illusion with a attack.Then I would check if it was a ditto by tickling them because I have heard most ditto a can not stay transformed while being tickled. Then I would know you aren't crazy. I'm not going to assume either way, but if I see evidence you are telling the truth I will believe you. Anubis said" There is also the possibility you are being hypnotized." Anubis said to Kestrel" Being a human seems boring to me. There are Pokemon that are smarter stronger and more unique then humans. If I were you I would be very happy to be able to fly."

"I'd love to know if I've seen Dialga or Celebi. It's a pity that I've lost memory." Said Kestrel. "And I'd love to fly if there was somebody that could teach me. Last time I tried I ended quite bad, against a roof, and then, completely knocked out." Then, he started to go out, following Venen. After all, he didn't have anything to pick up. Well.. He had nothing.

Venen waited outside. A lot of Salandits followed her. It was a sensation that she liked, a lot. Venen took the Pokeball that she took away from Kestrel and hers and gave them to two of them. "If I had to trust on these instead of mi abilities, then I wouldn't be loyal to myself. And I need a little bit more of... Fun."

He then exited the room and went downstairs,he was in the black tower "where am i?" He said to himself "I think I made a mistake coming in here" he rushes out the window he came through and glided away,unaware that he was going in the direction of anubis and kestrel

Anubis said" Hey at least you are not locked up in a cell. You can smell the fresh air stretch your wings. Imagine if you were trapped in a cage. I spent a good portion of my time with my original parents in a cage and it wasn't fun." Mike woke in Black City. He was confused because he didn't remember going to sleep here. He tried to think of the last thing he remembered. He didn't remember any memories that involved any human relationships. All he remembered was various memories about himself showing love to pokemon. He then looked in a window and saw his reflection. He smiled when he saw his reflection. He didn't care how or why he was a pokemon. He didn't even care that he saw no other humans because he never cared about humans in the first place. He decided to never speak of his human life again. Then he tried to think of a new name for himself. He couldn't think of a new one, so he decided to keep his old name. He decide that he would pretend to have amnesia to hopefully make the other pokemon less suspicious of him. He walked around looking for another pokemon.

"Well... I know that sensation too. I was trapped a whole night in a cage because a pair of Pokemon thought that I was a member of the Ancient Shadows. And look where I am now..." Said Kestrel to Anubis. "I just hope that I don't have to fight because I have no idea."

Venen waited several minutes. Once all the army had taken some Pokeballs and the Go-Googles, she shouted and started to march around Castelia City. In a matter of minutes, they reached the desert. She ordered to everyone to wear the Go-Googles, and then hey started crossing it. It was cloudy. Maybe a sandstorm was getting near of them. While they were wearing the Googles and they kept closer to each others, it shouldn't be a problem.

Anubis picked up Kestrel. He said" If no one else will I will protect you. You need time to learn to have a clue." He put on his goggles and helped Kestrel put on his.Illusive put on his and said" I want to believe you really I do. It's just what you are saying is so unlikely."Anubis said" Is what mommy said about those things accurate? Are they kinda like a jail? How would anyone fit in it? Why would a human need a Pokemon jail?"

"Thanks." Said Kestrel. "And... Well, Pokeballs were just a tool for us. I mean, if you want to believe me, then go ahead. Some humans believed that Pokeballs were something like a jail, while others had a different idea about it. I simply don't know, the only thing I can assure about that was that most trainers had his Pokemon there, especially the ones that could be potentially dangerous, just to avoid having troubles with them. And I don't know how they fit in there. It's a mystery to me."

In a couple of hours, Venen and the rest reached Balck City. Still, in the forest, she started to talk again. "Well, minions, you know what to do. Remember to use the Pokeballs and find the Pokemon that has the key just to open the Black tower." She adjusted her pamela and started walking towards the city, followed by some of the minions. In the meantime, the citizens noticed their presence and started to prepare their defenses.

Mike saw everyone preparing to defend the city. He tried to find somewhere to hide. He didn't want to be involved in any fighting. He started to whimper. Anubis said" What is a trainer?" Illusive said" Well Did you know any useful human knowledge. You know medicine technology etc.."

Stygian was gliding towards the city,due to actually getting hit in the air with a large gust of wind "HOLY ARCEUS I'M GOING TOO FAST!" He fails in gliding and crashes near the city "ugh...my head" he gets up and walks forward,unaware he was heading towards the entrance

"A trainer is a human that made his Pokemon fight." Kestrel said, waiting for more minions to go to the city first. "Pokemon combats were a popular hobby, even work, for some of them. Other humans liked to use their Pokemons in shows, others preferred to take care of them... There was a lot of jobs related to Pokemon."

Venen waited at the entrance of the city. "And don't forget to check that the Pokemon you are dealing with has the key. Then you can do whatever you want." She looked behind, expecting not to find more members of the Ancient Echoes there, but, to her surprise, there were a few Pokemon there too. "Hey! You attack or I get rid of you! I'm not going to allow cowards or pacifists; here is kill or be killed, and if you aren't killed by someone of the town, I'll do it by myself!" Venen said, completely irritated. She was not going to allow any mistakes.

Anubis sighed and said" Well this isn't really a stealth mission or something I good at but ok." Anubis ran in with Illusive following him. Illusive hoped that the city guards wouldn't kill a kid. Illusive looked around for someone alone he could pick off. Anubis said" You do the attacking Illusive I will take the hits." Illusive used a very powerful thunderbolt on a guard knocking it out. Then Anubis pulled the two into a bush near the barracks. They planned on ambushing anyone that came out.