• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon world Journey

Looks like I missed a lot during the time I didn’t login into Pokécharms.

I will leave this RP, unfortunately. I missed a little bit too much and since everyone seems to already have advanced forward a lot.

I may consider rejoining when you guys move onto a new region with a new character, but for now, I will leave this RP.
They have only really made it to viridian city. I think a few might be heading to pewter city or route 22...

Kalos doesn't have contests, they have trials the females and their Pokemon go through to test their baking, intellect, memory, and other such things, in the hopes of becoming the Kalos Queen.

Contests are different between the games and anime though. In the games, there's the dress-up round, dancing, then appeals. In the anime, there is a dress-up and appeals in one, and then there's performing in either a single or double battle against another contestant and you have to decrease their points or knock their Pokemon out in order to win. You battle twice or three times in a tournament style before you get the ribbon.

Also, @EmoKitty21, is it alright if I get the Pokedex and then have my character leave? My character is waiting for Grace to give him the Pokedex, but I haven't made my post for him to grab the PokeBalls or portable PC box yet. XD was wondering if I can auto her for a second. Is there anything important she'll say?

@RenzFlintrock, Contest are going to work kind of in Sinnoh fashion. There will be a mixture of Kalos flair into the mix. When we do end up going to Kalos, we will have the Kalos Royalty. This is will be in two categories, one for females, and the other for males. The Kalos contests will be like that of anime, but includes males into it. The two winners will basically share the spotlight as Kalos king and queen. I plan to incorporate other aspects later on into contests as the region passes.

@Merciless Medic, I do not mind if you auto Grace. The main thing that she would say is explain how the pc box works, and inform him on the functions of his pokedex. She would also tell him to be careful and don't try and go into a long drawn out search for the missing pokemon, as she would not want to see him hurt.

Name: Evelina Oats
Sexuality: Straight
Personality: Evelina has a bigger than life personality, dramatizing every expression and gesture and emphasizing on every little point. She's incredibly easy to impress and very excitable, being loudly enthusiastic about just about anything she can be. Eve also is a dreamer, she truly does intend on being the champion of every region. Eve is a sensitive girl, and isn't afraid to speak up when she sees something that she feels is wrong- but she's happy 99% of the time. She is also incredibly optimistic and forgiving, choosing to see the good in everything.
Height: 5'3
Defining Feature: She's fairly average as far as appearance, but her big personality is easy to spot in a crowd
Physical Appearance: Eve is a fairly average girl overall, she doesn't much stand out at all. She has pale skin with a pinkish tone, flushed with color on her face and joints. The girls body is fairly petite in general, with thin appendages and a small hourglass body. Eve's hair is short and curly, large black curls loosely dance around her shoulders and match her dark, thick eyebrows. Her hair is a shade of jet black that reflects the light off of each smooth ringlet. Eve spots large, round eyes with thick lashes and honey brown pupils, her eyes are soft and expressive, easy to read once matched with her eyebrows. A dash of freckles is dusted across her nose and cheeks.
Clothing: Evelina has chosen to find a balance between cute and comfortable as she pairs a loose white blouse with a tan below-the-knee pleated skirt. Eve matches this attire with a pair of white, knee-high socks and a pair of dark brown work boots. Eve pairs off the feminine outfit with a white bucket hat.
Starter: Corsola (Coral); female
Pokemon: Corsola

Name:
Keir Oats
Sexuality: Pansexual (probably)
Personality: Keir could not care less. About anything. The once energetic boy put dreams behind him randomly when he decided it was 'too childish' at about the age of 13. He's a pretty child person, truly living the go with the flow mantra. Nothing phases Keir nor does it really please him, but he tends to be easy to get along with because of his general acceptance of everyone's opinions and ideas seeing as it's too much of a bother to come up with his own. If he could, Keir would sit in one place for the rest of his life. He's rather lazy, but once told to do something he never argues or tries to get out of it.
Height: 5'8
Defining Feature: His hetero-chromatic eyes
Physical Appearance: Keir managed to grow fairly tall besides his family's short genes, but he otherwise looks very similar to his sister. Despite being an overwhelmingly lazy boy, he sports a fairly athletic build with wide shoulders and muscular appendages he most certainly did not earn. Keir's hair is the same jet black color as his twin's, the sides are only about an inch long while the top is just grown out enough to see the slightest bit of curling at the tips and pushed back in a sloppy quiff. Keir's eyes are round, one a deep coffee brown color while the other a soft honey-brown. Keir's skin is fairly pale, only slightly darker than his sister's, with a slightly more olive undertone.
Clothing: Keir's closet really doesn't have that much diversity. In the hard choice between grey and black, the dark gray sweat pants came out victorious are Keir pairs the baggy pants with a dull red t-shirt with a silhouette of a magikarp across the chest. Keir sports a braided black and white bracelet on his right wrist, his sister made it when they were kids and old red trainers.
Occupation: Technically a trainer, is really just following his sister around
Starter: Anorith (Jeff); male
Pokemon: Anorith

Family History (warning:boring): Keir and Evelina are twins to a pair of pokemon archaeologists in the Kanto region. Their parents liked to travel and study different pokemon fossils, so they weren't home a lot when the kids were little. But they were a loving perfectly loving little family that had everything they needed. At the age of 10, the twins' mother wanted to give them both pokemon but their father said he would only allow his children to get rock types- they got chose any rock type of any region. Still, the pair had no reason to leave their home- and although Eve was chomping at the bit for adventure since she was 5, her parents deemed it to dangerous. After years of begging, eventually the Oats parents agreed to let their daughter become a trainer but only under the condition that Keir joined her. With nothing better to do, the boy shrugged his shoulders. And with that, the pair began their pokemon adventure.

Last edited:
That's a likely scenario, but I was hoping he meet another person or two before taking off.

Part of me feels like I should dial his age down a bit; He's the oldest trainer here.
He can still meet others. There is Barefoot Kitten's characters, and Renz and Playful's characters that are still in the lab. Also if you want to dail back his age then you are more then welcome to.

Hey @Merciless Medic while your posts are really good, I think you’re getting too far ahead... some characters haven’t even left the lab, and for everyone but you it’s still the same day... but you’re several days in the future. I’m also not entirely sure how realistic those battles were, either, because while they were really good they felt far beyond a new team and a trainer who doesn’t have badges yet. I could see Skorupi carrying the team and stuff like that, and overall the battles were well laid out, but the moves were a little much. A junior trainer in a gym probably wouldn’t have a Diglet with Rock Slide, let alone rock tomb and Ancient Power as well. And I didn’t think Beedril even learned Baton Pass...

Yeah, I don’t want to be rude or anything. I was most concerned about getting so far ahead, really, and the crazy moves everything was using had me a bit put off. But your writing style is really good, and if it weren’t for getting ahead.... y’know, to be honest, you could probably make a good written work from that.

I could. XD I wanted to get him pretty far ahead before I started taking a break from RPing heavily for a bit. I'll edit it so they are less experienced.

Although, my original thought was "Well, they are being trained by Brock, who probably has a full team of Golem, Steelix, Aerodactyl, Kabutops, Omastar, and Rhyperior, so maybe he has collected a vast array of TMs and his Pokemon know a butt ton of moves, so he'll teach his more powerful gym trainers what he knows."

My thought process. XD

Plus, Poito is pretty advanced right now, so I wanted to give him a bit of an issue. I'll go on and make him look like he struggled more.

Although, Brock does give out TMs for Bide in Gen I, Rock Tomb in FRLG, Rock Slide in HGSS, and Headbutt in PE. I'll incorporate that into my post.