• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokemon Warcraft! Discussion

Which jewel should be the next one?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey everyone. I just talked to Playful, and since she never wrote an exit post she has given me permission to do a post where Rolen mentions that he heard coughing from her room, and then Maira will go check on her and then report back that she has a nasty cold. This way Playful can rejoin if she ever wants to.

Can we get a vote, please? All in favor of reducing his powers, please say:

“It’s Nerf or Nothing!”

And give the reason, please.

“It’s Nerf or Nothing!”

Because he was already very OP without extra powers like this, not to mention a noticeable lack of weaknesses, the only major one being the removal of Joltik.

I just thought of something and I think he should keep it, just not use it yet. I plan on making things more difficult, the main events that is, so he might need it in the future. Meanwhile have him bond with the spirit or something like that.

Honestly I feel like he is a little OP as well.

Here are my reasons why I feel some nerfing is in order.
  1. He is incredibly fast.
  2. He super intelligent. I mean even going as far as saying others or dumber then he is. Now this might be a personality trait, but being smarter then, lets say a wizard who has studied since he was very young and learned his craft well.
  3. He know how to make potions.
  4. He is a theif that has a major reputation.
  5. Now he has a literal god that can take over sometimes. I could understand if it was just power granting, in his post Wes was taken over because he was weak.
  6. Sometimes I feel that some of the things he has done have blocked other characters from developing story arcs. I have a couple of examples for this. When we were in the task of knocking down Azumi, Wes trapped Rolen who was not really doing anything at the time. Then he cut the rope that was meant to knock Azumi off balence. I would not have minded so much, but I felt like he was to advanced when we were just starting out in some places.
I just feel like some of the powers he has can be toned down a notch or two. Wes seems to outshine and make others feel like secondary characters with Wes being the main focus. I am not saying he is a bad character that is not it at all. I love his personality, but I feel when we have some character who are not as combat focused, it would be better to give him a few more weaknesses or tone down the powers. I am not saying he has to give up the powers. Just make the weaknesses more apparent until he gains more control. I can understand him being good at a few things, but I feel that Wes seems good at everything he does. That is not very fun for others who have tried to work around someone who is basically more powerful then your characters. Take Rolen for example. He is not that great of a fighter. He only knows a few spells that take him awhile to learn. We all made characters who were just starting out with some having more control then others. I just feel it would be better story wise to have a character who learns more as they go. Instead of someone who seems to be the perfect fighter. Now this just how I feel. I am not the RP creator so I can not tell him to nerf his character, so I am just leting my feelings on this be known.

Yeah haha I get what you’re saying, even I thought it seemed a bit powerful but given the circumstances I figured it was appropriate. I was honestly gonna kill off Wes cause it did too much damage to his body. I get if you want me to change it, my whole idea for him is that he can be very powerful, but he can’t maintain it very long (he hasn’t even won a fight yet and has ended up unconscious every time due to the electricity)

Edit: Also Emo I don’t feel Wes is anymore powerful than Sarah and he’s certainly weaker than Azumi and Sam. Sarah also had a reputation before, can make potions, is very fast, could stand up to the ponpa pora or whatever it’s called. I get Wes has a very strong power but I don’t necessarily feel this is justified coming from you. I feel it’s a little weird to nerf someone when he has literally landed one successful attack since he was introduced and hasn’t won a single fight.

Yet another edit: I have been open to nerfing him before (seen in my introduction when I adapted him) and I also got permission from hecotoro before introducing the power up.

Last edited:
(I didn’t wanna edit my previous post for the third time so sorry for the double post)
I also don’t get how Wes could’ve been overpowered before if you had the weaker of your two characters (Amra) shrug off his attacks like they were nothing

Edit: Also his being smarter than the rest of the guild (minus Esa) is literally just based on the stats renz made.

Well let's use the discussion to help @Mango137 out.
*OPENS WES DISCUSSION THREAD*
Strengths:
Super intelligent
Turbo fast
Electric powers
Can make potions
I don't see the thief thing as a problem, but let's add it
Has a god in him now

Weaknesses:
Depends on Joltik
Gets tired quickly

Is there something you could remove to balance him? For example, do you really need the super intelligence?

I guess I exaggerated his intelligence, he’s not a super genius or anything, his intelligence stat is just one higher than Rolen, he also has the lowest constitution, average physical strength, and his potions don’t have any offensive advantage it’s literally just for his backstory because of his dream to be an apothecary

Edit: Again the point is he’s a huge glass canon, he might be an offensive powerhouse but he can’t keep that form up long and if he takes a hit he’s done for. I would honestly rank him 3rd or 4th strength wise so I don’t fully understand him getting nerfed. (Azumi killed Wrecker who escaped Wes, he and Amra fought on equal terms, the spirit form literally kills him)

I think we should specify that a little, I would say Wes is more street smart then Rolan. But when it comes to magic, calculations, book smart basically, Rolan would be better.

That’s fair, its just his general knowledge, like knowing the sand would turn to glass. He’s a quick thinker because of his high iq but I’m sure Rolen would beat him in a game of chess or something. If you were referring to him calling Amra an idiot it was because she jumped below stealth rocks.

I’m fine with the fact she was able to hold him off, in fact I thought it was a really great way to do things! My point is that I don’t think anyone can claim he’s overpowered if he gets toyed with by someone with a wooden sword while he is at full strength in a form he can only maintain for 10minutes. Of the characters Wes has fought he lost to Azumi, Amra, Crossblade, and Wrecker. He would definitely lose to Sam and Diablo and probably lose to Sarah, Phoenix, Zagan, and Tyler. So if all of hecotoro’s, emo’s, and jay’s characters have beat him or probably would beat him I think the idea of a nerf is ridiculous. If we’re being honest the only person who currently has fairly powered characters is Renz.

I was not saying the reputation was bad at all. Sarah does not really have anything magical about her, besides being able to see better in the dark, and move from one shadow to the next. If the sun is out and there are no shadows anywhere then that basically negates that. Sarah does not know that much about potions. She only knows how to make poisons and use them effectively. I am also not using Sarah as much because I want to have side stories where she disappears when somethings are going on. Sarah may not have all physical weaknesses, but she also has a few moral ones as well. She is very protective to the point where she would sacrifice herself to save someone else. She can not stand to see a child hurt or in pain. Not all weaknesses have to be phsyical to be a weakness.

Amra can not use magic at all. She only have her physical prowess. Though she has trained with magic users before. Which is part of her backstory. She can not take much of it, but she can withstand it for a short time.

I am just saying that when you add you need to add a weakness as well to balence out. Take him passing out, in real life someone would have been knocked out for hours with that much energy used. It is not the powers that are bad persay. It is the lack of weaknesses. Also feel sometimes that when my character spars with yours it just seems to be a one sided thing.

Also lets take into account Sarah's strengths.
  1. She can see in the dark with her element.
  2. Can move from shadowy spot to the next.
  3. Has training in a few weapons. Daggers, crossbows, staves.
  4. She make and use poisons
  5. She has trained since she was a little kid to be agile and how to move in a forested area.
Now I will list her weaknesses.
  1. She can not use magic.
  2. Her darkness element does not have any attacking properties at all.
  3. She is very protective and pron to temper flare up when she sees someone being mistreated.
  4. When there is kids involved Sarah will do anything in her power to make sure they are safe. Even if it means sacrificing herself for them
Also I very much think that Wes would beat Phoenix. He has no fight training at all. The most he has going for him would be his speed and his inventions. If he did not have those he would be be done for. Phoenix is performer trained. He is very much only been able to get out the way of attacks not make them.

With Amra and Wes fighting I feel like Wes would have Amra if he had hit her. I know that the only fight they had was not the best, but at the time I was very much in the middle of doing a lot of research. If I did not want to fall behind, I had to make quick work of them and I know they were not my best posts. I have been working on that some.

The fact that Wes would go down from one good hit is irrelevant because he has not, within my memory, been hit. I will say that Sarah and Amra tend to do the same thing as well, to be fair, but again those characters have both physical and mental weaknesses (I mean that as in Sarah’s care for children).

I find it unfair the amount of things people dodge, sometimes. The times Rolen has been attacked:

Emma: Two Jabs: Blocked one, took the other hard.

Emma: A two jab uppercut haymaker combo: took them all.

Diablo: Flamethrower: Severly burned.

Whereas Wes and Amra tend to go through whole fights without getting touched, which is just plain unrealistic. Not to mention the amount of minor autoing that seems to happen.

@Hecotoro ultimately it’s you’re choice as rp creator but I assure you I could prove every point justifiable. Real quick here are my short answers to each of your concerns.
Super intelligent: Yes, Wes is very smart but every character is entitled to a few key strengths. As we already discussed he is just a good quick thinker and very adaptable, if it was planning a strategy or taking a test he would probably be worse than a good number of the other characters.
Turbo Speed: The other of Wes’s strengths I really wanted him to focus on, but it is not even attainable without Joltik and he can only have it for 10 minutes. Also Azumi ran close to as fast without being charged up and her class not being as fast in general. Also Sarah has an equal speed stat as him and can teleport with shadows or darkness, which I feel is much more powerful because during the day there will always be shadows, and at night, well, it’s dark.
Electric powers: Yes he has electricity as his element, but he’s not even good at it on his own, it’s basically all Joltik (or now the spirit). Also complaining about electric powers would be the same as complaining about any elemental power which plenty of characters have and are far more proficient with (Sam’s wind, Azumi’s ice/water, Sarah’s darkness).
Can make potions: just healing ones really, it’s mostly just for support
Has a god in him now: yes but he has no control over it and it leaves him very weak as the power literally kills him. Also Sam and Azumi have a very similar thing and Tyler is apparently a super strong ghost

If mental things count as weaknesses I can add them to the list.
Weaknesses:
Very fragile
Not good at working in a team
Will push himself past his limits and end up hurting himself
Prideful and overestimates himself
Is not able to maintain a powered up form very long.

Honestly I think Wes himself is very fairly powered. The difference is I have utilized Pokémon with my characters more than anyone else besides Jay (in this last fight the only other Pokémon besides one of mine or Jay’s was Umbre for a brief appearance). By utilizing Pokémon it allows him to basically gain the strength of another minor character, cause that’s what a Pokémon really is, a support character. So Wes and Joltik might be over powered but Wes himself definitely isn’t.

The fact that Wes would go down from one good hit is irrelevant because he has not, within my memory, been hit. I will say that Sarah and Amra tend to do the same thing as well, to be fair, but again those characters have both physical and mental weaknesses (I mean that as in Sarah’s care for children).

I find it unfair the amount of things people dodge, sometimes. The times Rolen has been attacked:

Emma: Two Jabs: Blocked one, took the other hard.

Emma: A two jab uppercut haymaker combo: took them all.

Diablo: Flamethrower: Severly burned.

Whereas Wes and Amra tend to go through whole fights without getting touched, which is just plain unrealistic. Not to mention the amount of minor autoing that seems to happen.
Amra hit Wes with the hilt of her dagger, Amra shot Wes in the leg, Amra planted Wes on the ground, Azumi hit Wes with the wooden sword, Crossblade hit him with doublade, Haxorus hit Wes with dragon tail (durning the training fight), Wes was pinned by a rock. Those are just off the top of my head. I assure you he has taken hits. And again, he has not won a single fight yet, how can he possibly be too strong.

I did say within my memory. Most of those were relatively minor injuries, though. But if you compare it to the amount if hits he has avoided... And in regards to intelligence, Wizards are exceptionally intelligent, and the only reason I made Wes’ higher than Rolen’s was because you explicitly said he had genius level Int.

Oh, and by all rights Rolen should have gotten blasted in full by Diablo, but then he would have died.

Yeah they were only minor injuries yet they still caused him to black out because he has horrible endurance as a weakness, he doesn’t even last long enough to take a serious hit

Well after deep thought, I think the problem is the other characters are not getting too much action. How many moves does each character get per battle?
That’s a good point, he definitely has been exposed to a lot (Crossblade on the roof, ambush in the mines where the uneven split of enemies caused Wes to take his own) if he is on the level or Sarah in strength I can have him take more of a backseat like she does so other characters get more of a chance.

I know that I have made to where my characters have dodged a lot of attacks. I am working on that. That is why I have been trying to work in Sarah and Amra getting his more. Sarah has been badly burned by a magically enhanced fire that will probably burn for a long while after is is healed. I have also decided to add a few things to Sarah like her having an panic attack while she was being healed. I have planned to make things more diverse and harder on my characters. I just have not had much time to make them better for a bit. I wanted to stay active, but it caused me to be stretched thin at times. Then with the addition of a puppy to house and training for it.

I am going to do better in how I am writing the fighting for this RP. What I have been doing is not great in terms of the story. Which I will try and correct in the future.

Oh, and I don’t remember much about him getting hit by a Dragon Tail, but statistically it has a Knockback of 40ft or so... so most people would take more damage from that than you would think.

I’m not saying you don’t have good reasons for most of your powers... but compared to a lot of the others it is a lot. Azumi can heal some and is an excellent warrior, but takes a lot of hits from what I’ve seen. From two battles she has had both a major leg injury and an arm with several broken bones. To date Wes has just passed out with no permanent damage, except some small stuff like bruises or cuts. It just seems very unfair, the amount of power he has these days.

Maybe it was a duel chop but Haxorus snuck up behind him and slammed him into the ground, knocking him out. Also I was planning on Wes being out of commission for a good week or so after this. And I feel like it got skimmed over but I genuinely feel like everyone could have equal or greater power than Wes if they utilized their Pokémon in battle. Look at Crossblade, he used doublade, galvantula, and Haxorus and destroyed Wes. Meanwhile nobody else really uses their Pokémon which I feel is a big waste of potential

You do realize Rolen’s Pokémon is an Abra, right? He can teleport, but that’s about it... and Umbre has battled a good bit. Nana is communication for the guild. I forgot Maira had a Leafeon, so it no longer exists. Anakin can fight as well, though I haven’t seen him much. And Flare is still resting back at the guild.

That’s what I’m saying, Joltik is inherently weak but I came up with a way to make him strong. Why doesn’t Abra grab Rolen’s head and use calm mind to focus him and make him better at magic. Though I can’t say for sure since I joined late, in my experience Umbre has fought along side Sarah but they haven’t combined forces like Wes and Joltik or Crossblade and doublade did too create one more powerful fighter instead of two strong ones (though I don’t know exactly how that would work with Umbre).

That’s what I’m saying. Most of the others cannot really join up. And Faze knows only Teleport, and potentially one attack but that is a last resort of mine in case something goes very long. If and when Faze evolves, he could be more useful, but for now he and Rolen just... are friends.

Honestly I forget Anakin. He could do so much and I plan for it and forget it.
Anyways, I think Wes is good. Just remove genius intelligence to street smart or fast thinker, something like that. Maybe let the other characters get more action though, which I will try and include in the stories.