• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon Out Today in North America!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
slack-imgs.com.jpg

Just a quick reminder for Pokémon Mystery Dungeon fans living in North America: Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon, the latest incarnation of the series playable on the Nintendo 3DS/2DS/New 3DS, is out today at retail locations and digitally on the 3DS eShop.

Keep in mind that any eShop purchases of the game made between now and December 6th, 2015, will also net you a free download code for the Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon home menu theme. For those of you who'd rather buy the game physically, you'll apparently find a code for this same free theme on the game case's cover sleeve. The code must be redeemed by October 31st, 2016.

Sadly, as recently announced during the latest Nintendo Direct, Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon won't hit Europe until February 19th of next year, but for all of you North Americans who plan to pick it up - I hope that you enjoy it!

It seems I'm between a rock and a hard place mission wise, since the game threw a Salamence in my face early, and Sparky and I are incredibly underleveled. I'm going to try a few more times, using a Blast Seed strategy. If that doesn't work, I'll just make a new file.

Omgosh! I am totally addicted to the game! (Hence the reason I've been offline.)

My heroine is Fennekin, nicknamed Autumn
My Partner is Treeko, nicknamed Kip

It's totally different from the start of the other PMD series games, I'll add a spoiler for those wishing to know.
The way you start the game is so interesting! For starters, you don't meet your partner, much less form a team with them, until many rather short chapters in. You play as a school kid for what seems like ages before you even meet Amphoros who is the exploration master and that's when you form a team.The connection orb, in the picture behind Amphoros, is really cool in the way of recruitment. As a junior member of the Exploration Society, you aren't allowed to take missions, instead you use your connection orb to assist Pokemon who need your help. After that, the Pokemon that the Pokemon you saved knows will show up on the constellation. For example, Autumn and Kip save an Azurill. That Azurill is aquatinted/friends with Wishcash and Metapod. After you complete their mission, Azurill will be connected to Autumn and Kip, and now Wishcash and Metapod can request help. There is no such things as rewards with the connection orbs, which I think is very interesting. If a Pokemon decides to give you a rewards, you can pick it up via Kangeskan. The reward mainly is that if you connect to a Pokemon, they can join your party instantly. So here I am, trotting around as a lvl 12 Fennekin with a lvl 11 Treeko behind, and after him I have a lvl 55 Dragonite. So it can make your quests easier or harder depending on how you wish to play the game. I've onky started the game, 5 hours in, but I swear, I haven't ever played a more difficult PMD game off the bat. Even in Explorers of Time, it eased me into the game slowly than turned up the heat. This time they just kinda threw you in and started to boil. One last note that I like about this game, is the team preset option. You can only have teams of three unfortunately, but you can have up to five preset teams to play as if one of your Pokemon is 'closed for the day', another somewhat irritating feature. I recommend the game, so buy it people! It's good!

If you have the game and you want to talk about how awesome it is or see if each other's tips are helpful, just message me! I promise I'll try to be online today.....XD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
As I won't be playing this game for a bit yet (but do want it), I've been really enjoying reading about everyone's impressions of it. Thanks for sharing, guys. ^^

For anyone else who's already had the chance to play it, do share your thoughts! They're interesting to read.

I have never played a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game o-o but this'll be my first. I may or may not get it before Christmas, hopefully before xD. Anyways, I'm pretty excited to play the game as it looks amazing, I'd be starting a new game series, and because I have heard that the Mystery Dungeon game series(?) is pretty great. ^^