• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon RolePlay: Way to the Indigo league! (RP)

"I won't let happen! Spearow, I choose you, use Wing Attack on the vines!" Levi yelled, placing his hand inside his pocket and pulling out Spearow's PokéBall, and, throwing it forwards, as the Spearow went out, it glared at the Bulbasaur, flying towards its vines and attempting to hit them with its wings. "I won't let you hang with her, not right now! Haha!" Levi said, stomping the ground and watching the bird flying towards the Bulbasaur's vines.

Casimiro whipped its head to look at the Spearow, matching the glare with equal intensity. The Bulbasaur reached out with two more vines and grabbed hold of the foe, pulling it close. Casimiro's eyes shined with determination as he let loose a large amount of the same purplish powder he had sprinkled on the Poliwag Isaiah had captured earlier. The Sleep Powder was spread out around Levi and his Spearow, which meant that if the two didn't get out as soon as possible, they would be put to sleep.

Last edited:
"RIGHT SPE- Aaaahh... use pe- ahhh!" Levi said, falling down and sleeping. Spearow started to get drowsy, placing its head inside its own chest, sleeping (That's how birds sleep XD). Levi started to move around, getting near the end of the hill, almost falling down, but, Mark came out of the leaves, holding out a PokéBall with a smile on his face, he had just caught a new Pokémon, and it was a Belsprout!

"Hello! I just caught a Bu- OH MY GOD, LEVI!!! BELSPROUT, GO! USE CONSTRICT AND PULL LEVI BACK!!!" Mark screamed, throwing the PokéBall forwards, and the PokéBall opened, Belsprout jumping out of it and moving its hands forwards, and they stretched forwards, constricting Levi, Belsprout then pulled Levi back to a safe area, saving him! "Good, Belsprout! But... one question... Why is Levi sleeping? Hmmm?" Mark said, turning his head to Isaiah, noticing that the Bulbasaur had something on its vines, and it was Spearow! "Wait... oh no... this isn't happening... WHY?! JUST WHY?!" Mark screamed, looking at Isaiah with an angry face. "YOU MUST EXPLAIN THIS!" He roared.

Casimiro sighed and let Spearow down gently before shrugging and gesturing with his vines toward Isaiah, who was standing slightly closer to Angle. The Bulbasaur tried to explain that the two were going to talk in private but stopped midway and sighed in irritation. Isaiah called out, "I need to have some private time with Angle, but Levi got in the way and was being a bit of a nuisance. I had no other choice, sorry!"

"You don't need a private time with her! I forgot to tell you two the rules from our team. THE FIRST RULE IS: NEVER HIDE SECRETS FROM THE FELLOW MEMBERS!" Mark yelled, turning his head to Isaiah, pulling out Pikachu's PokéBall and staring at Isaiah. "Since you attacked one of our leaders... I have no choice left... but battle you!" Mark said, throwing Pikachu's PokéBall forwards. Pikachu came out of it, looking around and sitting down. "PIKACHU, USE THUNDERBOLT!!!" Mark yelled, but the Pikachu didn't seem to respond, she just started to play with the grass around her.

"Hmmmm!!! I love donuts!" Levi said, still sleeping, but he then opened his eyes, getting up, feeling a chill, and, as he felt that, it started to snow! The grass quickly got covered by snow, and the snowflakes kept bugging Levi, he then looked at Mark, who was threatening to battle Isaiah, Levi then just got on his way, nodding, and, when that happened, Mark returned Pikachu to her PokéBall and nodded back. "Sorry, Isaiah. I understand you, but I just don't want you two ignoring us! If you two keep flirting around, we will get completely ignored, and that was not our intention. If we get ignored, we will have to disband," Levi said, making a sad expression, but, he then started to feel the edge of his body slowly getting numb, and he pulled a brown hoodie that was made for snow out of his shoulder bag, wearing it. "Let's get going!" Levi said, returning Spearow to its PokéBall and running down the hill and going towards the PokéCenter. Mark followed Levi, he didn't look so happy.

Last edited:
Ignoring?! Is it too much to ask for a brief conversation in private?! Isaiah was annoyed to no extent at this point. "Disband? Okay, I understand you guys are normally eccentric, and I'm okay with that, but you guys shouldn't be so clingy to where you disband the second two other 'members' want to have a simple conversation. Also, when did I ever say anything about flirting?" Isaiah threw his hands in the air in agitation and looked back at Angle helplessly.

Angle was a way away, and was looking at stuff around. She was feeling a little weird at the moment, but hearing some carnage going on behind her made her jump. She made her way over to her friends, and tilted her head in curiosity and bafflement at what was happening. “What in the Distortion World is going on here?” She said sternly, looking disdainfully at the bunch.

Isaiah turned around and saw Angle with a stern look on her face and mentally cursed. "Sorry for the commotion. I wanted to speak with you in private, but Mark and Levi said some gibberish about me flirting around with you and ignoring them, and said that they would have no choice but to disband, which is a bit of Taurus Manure to me, because it seemed like they were overreacting too much. But anyway," He continued, noticing the snow falling around him. "It's getting pretty cold outside. We can talk more about this later." Isaiah gazed at Angle and took off his hoodie, wrapping it around her. "Come on, let's go," He said, a warm smile on his face despite the cold as he looked into her eyes.

Levi and Mark went in Levi's room. Levi took his shoes off and sat down on the couch, watching Mark doing the same. "So... do you want to watch their b- MARK! YOU DIDN'T BATTLE YET!!!" Levi yelled, looking down at Mark, who grinned, nodding in agreement. "LET'S HURRY! YOU NEED THE BADGE!!!" Levi yelled once again, getting his shoes and his brown hoodie on, walking towards the door, unlocking it and running towards the end of the corridor.

"WAIT FOR ME! COME ON!!!" Mark yelled, getting his shoes on and running towards the open door, nearly falling to the side since he was still trying to get his foot in the shoe. "HEEEY!!!" Mark screamed, stomping the floor in order to shove his foot completely into the shoe, he then tied the shoelace, running after Levi, hopping on his back, but, he wasn't counting on the fact that he is 12 KG heavier than him, and that made Levi fall instantly, causing both of them to get harmed a bit.

"ARE YOU CRAZY?!" Levi screamed, getting up and looking down at Mark, who got up, laughing at Levi's overreaction, he then walked out of the PokéCenter, running towards the place where Isaiah and Angle were, as he got there, he giggled, approaching them and waiting for Levi to arrive, as he arrived, Mark smiled, taking a deep breath.

"Want to come with us to the GYM? I will battle Brock!" Mark said, opening a big smile. "I really want some cheer up, you know... haha!" Mark said. He was expecting a yes, however, who knows what might happen?

"They're young... they might just be jumping to conclusions," the girl murmured. Angle wrapped the jumper tighter around herself and smiled warmly at Isaiah. "Thanks... you sure you don't want this?" she asked, a slight laugh escaping her lips. Her cheeks faded to a pale pink, and she looked at the ground, though looked up again quite quickly when she heard Mark run up to them. "Uhh... sure! We all wanna challenge the gym, so we may as well just go together."

Isaiah smiled and laughed, his breath fogging in the cold air. "I'll be fine. I just need to make sure that you are, too." He thought about saying what he had meant to confess to Angle if the two would have gotten a moment in private, but all of a sudden, Mark approached them, and Isaiah nodded along with Angle. "Sure!"

Last edited:
"Alright, let's go! Oh, and you can battle him first. I suggest -- wait, you don't have a Pokémon, right?" Mark said, tilting his head and thinking a bit, he then realized that he could ask Levi to borrow a Pokémon for her, but he then just thought that it'd be impossible due to Levi's personality. "Wait! I know! Isaiah could catch a Pokémon for you!" Mark said, blinking his left eye while looking at Isaiah.

"Mhm! That's right! Well, better get going, I want to see you two losing, haha!" Levi said, laughing and running towards the staircase that leads to the streets of Pewter, and, as he reached the streets of Pewter, he ran towards the GYM.

"WAIT FOR ME!!!" Mark screamed, running after Levi.

Isaiah laughed as the two boys ran off to the Gym, sighing in amusement. "You know, it's like one second they're here, and the next second, they've run off to somewhere else." Suddenly, Isaiah realized that it was indeed just him and Angle, which gave him exactly what he needed. "Actually, Angle, could I talk to you for a minute?" Isaiah was aware that the two were still outside in the middle of a snowstorm, but the cold wouldn't be able to prevent him from saying what he needed to say at the moment.

“I think they might’ve forgotten about my Pidgey,” Angle giggled, looking after Mark as he ran off. She remarked, “Yeah, I think they can teleport or have super speed or something,” Angle laughed, looking at the ground M.D. inhaling deeply. She tightened Isaiah’s hoodie closer around her. “Um... sure!” She answered him, apprehensive as to what he was about to say.

Isaiah chuckled and looked into Angle's brown eyes. "This has been on my mind the entire time since I've met you, and I just... have to get this off my chest, so let me start by saying this. Angle, you are the most beautiful girl I have ever laid my eyes on in my life, and even that's only a fraction of what goes on in my mind everytime I see you. I'm sorry if I make you uncomfortable, trust me, no one's as uncomfortable and nervous as I am, but I just had to say it." Isaiah's face was now burning and beet red, but he felt a ton more relaxed, having finally been able to confess his feelings for the girl. He continued to gaze into Angle's eyes with a warm smile on his face as the snowstorm raged around the two.

Last edited:
Angle felt her face flush red as he complimented her so... forwardly, and her chocolate-coloured gaze widened further than it already had done. “Th-thank you...” She murmured, looking at the ground but then she couldn’t stop herself from looking back up to Isaiah. “You know, I think you’re really cute... and really interesting, too. Like... I just think you’re an amazing guy.” She said, trying to find a way to convey what she felt into words.

Isaiah smiled and ran a hand through his hair, which was now freckled by several snowflakes. "I don't mean any offense, but I sense that there's a 'but' coming," He joked, chuckling softly. "But you know, it's not only your looks, but your personality just makes me so attracted to you. That's why," Isaiah swallowed hard before continuing. "I would very much like to... be in a relationship with you; not just as friends, but as... uh, boyfriend and girlfriend. If not, I totally understand. After all, it's only been merely a day since we met."

Last edited:
Angle blushed even further, and nodded. She and Isaiah had, much like he had stated, merely met a day ago, but she felt a sort of connection with him. “Um... I’d like that, a lot.” the girl said, smiling, her eyes sparkling bright even in the dull, snow-covered sun. “And there’s no buts. I just... no one’s ever said something like this to me before. I’m a bit shocked!”

Isaiah sighed with relief and smiled warmly. "As am I. Well then, we should start making our way to the Gym. Don't want to keep Mark and Levi waiting!" He grinned and gently took Angle's hand into his own before walking towards the Gym. Isaiah's mind was still silently fathoming and trying to confirm: yes, this did just happen.

Angle giggled, also in a state of slight disbelief, and walked towards the Gym. She wondered if she would be able to win against Brock; yes, her Squirtle was strong against rock type, but her Pidgey might not do too well- though, it couldn’t be that hard if Levi beat Brock with a Charmander and a Spearow. She was probably just overthinking it, to be honest. “Yeah, they’ll probably just explode if we take too long,” she joked.

Isaiah laughed and nodded in agreement as the two continued to walk. "That's very likely." Soon, the Pewter City Gym came into view. "Well, we're almost there." He glanced at Angle and smiled warmly, gently squeezing her hand briefly. It felt soft to the touch, and it filled Isaiah with a sense of warmth despite the howling snowstorm that raged around him and Angle.

Last edited:
"Leggo, Mark. I'm getting sick of this City," Levi said, sprinting towards the GYM and getting in it. Brock was sat down on his rock, he seemed really chill. Levi randomly screamed and walked upstairs and standing where Mark was when he battled, Levi then looked down at Brock, who was still sat down on his rock.

"Okay, I guess we will have to wait for Angle and Isaiah... you know... they might be coming," Mark said, looking down at the ground and thinking of a lot of things that could have happened. Levi then pushed Mark to the side, screaming, and that made Mark wake up from his deep thought, making him laugh.

After making it to Pallet Town from about a week of non-stop biking, a young boy got off and rested against a brick wall, that was really a barrier between the world and a set of stairs leading to the entrance of a certain Professor's lab, but he didn't exactly pay attention. He just laid there, resting and breathing heavily. Hunger and exhaustion caught up to him and he panted, unable to grab enough oxygen to satisfy his pulsing head.

After what seemed like an eternity of rest, he shakily stood up, unsure of what to do now. When he looked about, he realized that there was a huge laboratory behind him with a giant windmill: Profressor Oak's lab!

He remembered from all those TV shows him explaining about the Starter Pokemon and even treating him like some celebrity. He parked his bike against the wall and rushed up the stairs, using his remaining strength to climb these steps that
could determine his future, the door that was the gateway toward his goals.

He burst through the door with lots of gusto, but immediately couldn't hold up his own weight as he nearly collapsed on the ground, holding up weight by catching himself on a nearby table. Professor Oak, an old man renowned for his information and research on Pokemon, was in the room and nearly jumped from the explosive entrance. When he saw the state of the young boy, he immediately reached for a wheelie chair and scooted it to the boy, helping him on to it. The boy looked ashen white and his stomach pained him. He doubled over in pain and Oak looked quite worried for the boy. He told him to wait while he rushed upstairs to find some food for the famished boy.

When the professor went back downstairs, the boy had stayed in the seat given to him, unable to move. The professor gave the boy an apple, and he dug right into it like a starving Charizard. He then asked the boy's name, the boy's lips now slightly covered in apple juice. After the boy swallowed his chunk of apple, he covered his mouth with his other hand to seem slightly decent and not seem as some feral child: "My name is Sean McLoughlin. I came from Saffron to get a Pokemon and start my journey to be a Grass- and Electric-Type Gym Leader."

Professor Oak smiled, happy to see such a determined child. Although, he realized that he didn't have any Pokemon for him except for an Eevee. He introduced himself with a jovial smile, saying: "Well, I'm Professor Oak. Nice to meet you, Sean. I have a Pokemon for you, as well as a spare Pokedex, but I have to warn you that this Pokemon can be a little mischievous, yet he's still quite loyal."

Immediately after he was done talking, Sean began to speak with as much energy as he had busting through the door. Man, this kid was just boundless in energy. Professor Oak just chuckled and retreated back a bit to press a button on an apparatus.

The apparatus was quite large, almost reaching this boy's shoulders. There was a large space in the middle of two pieces anchored into the ceiling and into the floor. There were wires and cables extending from the bases of each part and were partly why the large machine was anchored. There was a small circular slit across the edges facing the two pieces, that had a large piece of protective glass. Inside were three placeholders for the usual three starters. The middle opened up when the professor pressed the button, causing a Poke Ball to appear from the inside as backup starter Pokemon.

It had a DNA symbol on the Poke Ball, and Sean, albeit excited, was hesitant. Why? He didn't know. He slowly and shakily got up, using the tables and the machine to support himself as he made his way to the Poke Ball.

"How long did it take you to get here?" asked Oak, interrupting Sean from his apparent reverie.

Sean, startled, stuttered out: "Um... A week... I didn't stop biking... I uh... I ran away from home... My parents didn't support me in my endeavor to become a gym leader, since they wanted me to be a business man. I hate business and I hate learning about economy, so I left."

The professor concerned for his parents, asked: "Wouldn't they be worried for you?"

"With how they argued with me, it sounded like they didn't care and have already disowned me," Sean said, his face and voice void of emotion, yet his eyes showed he was quite hurt. He looked back at their argument, and his eyes nearly started to brim with tears until he shook them back. He continued: "This is a way to show my dad that I am my own person, and that I can achieve whatever I want if I set my mind to it."

Oak, smiling at the spunk and determination this kid had, said: "Well, what are you waiting for? Chase your dreams and tell your dad 'I told you so'."

With that encouragement, Sean grabbed the Poke Ball and held it up to his face, almost as if he were peering inside by looking through the spherical confines. He pressed the button and the ball grew in size, and he pressed it again to release the Pokemon from it's confines, sending a red beam of bright light to the machine, where a quadruped, fluffy Pokemon looked up at his trainer. Sean and the Pokemon looked at each other, having a staring contest. He couldn't believe it. Wasn't this Pokemon the rare Eevee?

He broke the stare by looking at Oak in disbelief, who just let the boy have his moment with his Pokemon. Shakily, Sean extended his hand toward the Eevee, who sniffed it cautiously. After confirming that this boy smelled alright (and that he either had food or had eaten something), he immediately mewled in an adorable tone, basically saying with a brimming face of energy that he liked this human. He hopped into his arms, which caused him to fall on his back. The Eevee looked confused, thinking that humans should have more balance than that. He got off and Sean got up, chuckling a little. Even after that, he seemed quite fine, petting the fluffy head of his new companion.

He happily nuzzled into the touch and tried to playfully bite his fingers. He managed to bite one, and Sean just laughed like a little kid, saying "Let go, silly."

The Eevee taunted by shaking his head, and then laying down and setting his head on his trainer's hand. Sean smiled and picked up his partner, the Pokemon snuggled up to the warmth of his chest and the warm embrace he held him. Sean took the Poke Ball and clipped it to his trainer belt, and accepted the already offered Pokedex. He set it in his vest pocket before leaving and thanking the professor.

They both waved goodbye to each other before making to his bike. He sat down on his bike, his legs still shaky from having no rest and hardly any energy. The Eevee put his paw on his chest, with a worried expression. He felt his heart rise to scary levels and Sean guess why Eevee was upset: he needed rest. He chuckled and agreed and got off his bike and wheeled it to the side of the professor's lab, hidden by the treeline. He set his bike against the wall and slowly sat down. When he made it, his Eevee settled down on his chest and fell asleep. He felt lucky to get such a caring Eevee, but wondered why Oak warned him about the mischievous side of his Pokemon. He decided to just put it to the back of his mind whilst he fell asleep, holding his snuggly Pokemon.

"They're taking so long... let's battle, Mark!" Levi said, looking down at Mark, who nodded and picked up Pikachu's PokéBall, running out of the GYM, and Levi followed him, they got into one of the PokéCenter's battlefields, and Mark threw his Pikachu's PokéBall forwards, and the Pikachu came out, she looked up at Levi, laughing and sitting down, falling asleep.

"Come on..." Levi said, looking down and walking away, "I think I can see them coming, Mark! Come, let's go to the GYM before they notice us!!!" Levi screamed, running away, and Mark followed him, after, obviously, returning his Pikachu to her PokéBall.

Angle smiled back at him, and wordlessly she walked toward the Gym. It came into view and even with the bitter cold of the air, she still felt some sort of... warmth, in the air around her. Hm. She waved at Mark and Levi as they also appeared in her line of sight, and she looked weirdly happier than she usually did.

Levi looked back, waving at Angle and walking towards her, he raised his eyebrows, and he looked at the PokéCenter, opening a smile and sighing. "It is cold out there, I don't think I will come-" Levi said, but, he got cut by Mark pulling him by his hoodie, he had an angry expression, however, he wasn't really angry, he made that expression due to the strength he was using.

"Come on!!! Let's go!" Mark said, looking at who Levi was talking to, he then raised his eyebrows, waving at Angle "Hey! How is it going?"

Isaiah chuckled as he watched the Mark and Levi screaming and running toward the Gym from afar. He and Angle arrived at the two double doors of the Gym, and Isaiah held the door open so the latter could enter first. He waved at Mark and Levi and grinned almost half-heartedly, remembering their previous exchange. Becoming friends with two extremely eccentric kids was going to be a bit harder than he thought. "Hey, guys!"

"Oh, hey! How is it going?" Levi said, waving at Isaiah. Levi wasn't really mad at him, he just got pissed off for some minutes, but he was all cool again, and he just wanted to make friends since the start, to be honest, he didn't really remember what had happened before.

"Oh, hey, Isaiah!" Mark said, smiling. He then turned back, running towards the stands to watch Angle's battle. Levi did the same, and as they both sat down, Levi pulled out a little marshmallow out of his shoulder bag, eating it. Mark picked some of them, and they started to eat marshmallows while the battle wasn't happening.

After sleeping for a full 14 hours, his Eevee woke up him with a few licks on the cheek and pouncing his chest. Sean giggled and rolled over, falling back to sleep. The Eevee just lightly growled in frustration before pouncing on his back and biting his ear a little. After shrugging his Pokemon off, he yawned and stretched, arching his body so he could get all of his muscles, and got up, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. He pet his Eevee, and thought up of a name and what to evolve him into. If he wanted to, of course. He gave Eevee the option by saying:

"I have an idea. I'm gonna call you Joltz? That alright? Because I was also wondering if you would like to evolve into a Jolteon."

The Eevee thought for a moment, and then bounded about happily, liking the idea of being an Electric-Type, fast and proud. He pounced Sean's chest once again, and the boy hugged his adorable Pokemon before grabbing his backpack and got up. He then got on his bike and told his Pokemon that they'll be training their speed to Viridian City. The Eevee nodded, liking the idea, and got a head start before Sean could even get comfortable yet.

Sean then began to bike out of the forest's edge near the professor's lab and headed off down Route 1, seeing his partner was already at the border between the town and the route. He pedaled as hard and fast as he could, finally catching up to his fast Pokemon. They were neck and neck as they wound around the hilly route, finally reaching Viridian City in a matter of 10 minutes. The duo, panting and Sean getting off of his bike to rest against a tree and Joltz laying next to him, looked about at the dead city of Viridian. Even though this place was quite big and urban, there was nobody around. Strange.

After about several minutes of rest, they got something to eat. After they ate their breakfast, they traveled on to Route 2, North of Viridian City. They raced each other through Route 2, not stopping until they reached Viridian Forest. It was quite the spooky forest, but it wasn't as dark, since it was noon. As they walked about, they could hear the fluttering of nearby Pidgeys and the scattering of Rattatas as they all ran off and away from the newcomers of the forest. After seeing such a prospective clearing for training, he went up ahead and parked his bike and got ready to train his Pokemon's speed and reactions.

Time Skip To An Hour~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After exhausting themselves to becoming better, Sean and his partner had fallen asleep, with Joltz resting on his lap. They did quite well. As well as increasing his Pokemon's speed and reaction time like he wanted, his Pokemon also learned a few moves. Them being Covet, Baby-Doll Eyes, and Quick Attack, as well as the usual ones Eevee already learned but already starting to get used to, which were: Helping Hand, Growl, Tackle, Tail Whip, and Sand-Attack. Since there were no other Pokemon as a dummy for the Eevee, Sean had taken it upon himself to have his Pokemon use the moves against him. He also noticed that Eevee had been using another move that he didn't know what it was. Joltz, after getting hurt from accidentally using the move wrong, had used some kind of power within itself to heal. What was it? Wish? Something to that effect.

Anyway, while they rested, they heard quite the commotion at the other end of the clearing. Sean and Joltz got up, even though their tired bodies screamed at them to rest. They cautiously and a little painfully crouched forward until they made it to the other side. From the bush, he could see a Bulbasaur fighting a trainer's Charmander... And won. The trainer's Charmander got knocked out by a Tackle. The trainer returned his Pokemon and ran off, unable to continue his journey through the forest and having to retreat up North, towards the Pewter City's Pokemon Center.

The Bulbasaur was quite tired, and was startled when he saw another human and an Eevee staring at him from behind some bushes. It looked quite scary, and he was about to run off, but his leg was quite damaged from the fight. It was burned.

After seeing the Pokemon at this state, Joltz walked up to it and told the Bulbasaur that they were just here to help and that they wouldn't be battling him at all. Unable to buy this new Pokemon's story, the Bulbasaur tried to flee from blind panic, but fell over and landed with his face smacking into the ground. Even though this Bulbasaur was a little stronger than the wild Pokemon here, he definitely wasn't strong enough to take on anything else. The fact that it beat a Charmander was a miracle in and of itself.

Remembering that the first gym leader is a Rock-Type Gym Leader, he needed a Grass-Type, so what better way than help the poor guy and buy their way with kindness, so he could join them?

With that, Sean told Joltz to find some berries. He didn't know what kinds healed which status ailment, but he knew that Oran Berries healed a Pokemon and helped to alleviate pain. While Joltz fled to find some helpful berries, Sean sat down and leaned his back against a tree. The Bulbasaur took a seat far away from the trainer, on the opposite of their little clearing, away from the big one that Sean and Joltz were using as a training ground. Sean pulled out a granola bar and began to eat it, finding that his stomach was growling.

Seeing such a delectable snack, the Bulbasaur's eyes lit up and stared at the bar. Sean chuckled and cracked a piece off and threw it to the Pokemon. Bulbasaur got startled by the sudden action and flinched back, but eased up a bit when it landed next to him. He then leaned toward it, sniffing it to see if it was dangerous. He then took a little nibble, biting off a bit and finding that it was quite chewy. After some time of tasting it, he decided that it wasn't poisonous and he ate the entire thing within a few bites.

While the Pokemon was eating blissfully, Sean had managed to get closer, leaning on the tree quite near the Bulbasaur. Not fooled by his means of getting close, the Pokemon glared at Sean, almost saying: "Don't try anything funny."

Sean just raised his hands in a surrender fashion before resting against the tree. With that, Joltz burst into the clearing, with a Rawst, Pecha, and Oran berry in his mouth. He walked over and set them in front of the Bulbasaur. The Bulbasaur sniffed all three, and ate the Rawst and Oran Berry, curing him of his burn and his healing him. He left the Pecha Berry for Joltz, who ate it happily.

After seeing that he could trust the two, he challenged them to a battle immediately, headbutting Eevee playfully. Sean then decided to fight the Pokemon, challenging him to a duel as well. If Sean won, then Bulbasaur would just have to join their team. If Sean loses, Bulbasaur can live his life peacefully in the forest. The Bulbasaur agreed to the terms and began the fight.

"Mark, you could go first, they're taking a while..." Levi said, looking down at Angle and Isaiah, and Mark looked at Levi, patting his shoulder and getting up, he then placed his hand inside his pocket, pulling out a PokéBall. "Go, Mark! Beat Brock!!!" Levi said, picking up a marshmallow and placing it inside his mouth, chewing it slowly, watching Mark walk downstairs and getting into position.

"Right, boy. Are you going to challenge me? Keep in mind that I will go all out!" Brock said, walking towards his rectangle and pulling out Geodude's PokéBall, throwing it forwards. As the Geodude came out, it growled its own name, looking at Mark, who smirked and threw the PokéBall he was holding forwards, and, the Pokémon that came out was Pikachu.

"Geodude, use Mega Punch!!!" Brock screamed, and the Geodude went towards Pikachu, slamming its fist on her face, making her fly away, hitting a wall, completely fainted. Mark looked back, he was shocked, his Pokémon was knocked out in one hit... and the only thing that he had now was his Belsprout.

"Ghhh!!! Okay, Belsprout, I choose you!" Mark screamed, pulling out Belsprout's PokéBall out of his pocket and throwing it forwards, and, as the Belsprout came out, it glared at the Geodude, and the Geodude glared back at it, and, that continuous glare ended when Mark ordered Belsprout to use Vine Whip, and, the Belsprout punched the air, and its arm stretched up to Geodude, slapping its face many times, the Geodude went back, a bit harmed, and Mark smirked. "BELSPROUT, END THIS WITH ANOTHER VINE WHIP!!!" He yelled, and the Belsprout did the same thing again, and the Geodude fell down, fainted.

"Hmph! No problem. Geodude, you can rest now. Onix, I choose you!" Brock screamed, returning Geodude to its PokéBall and pulling Onix's PokéBall out of his pocket, throwing it forwards. As the Onix came out, it roared, making a huge wind current that caused Belsprout to be sent back due to its weight. "Onix, use Slam!" Brock screamed. The Onix moved its body to the sides, getting in a comfy position and moving its tail towards Belsprout, who got hit, and it instantly fainted!

"BELSPROUT, NO!" Mark yelled, running towards Belsprout and picking it up, he started to examine Belsprout's body, and he then returned it to its PokéBall. "Brock... you did well! I think I need to train a bit..." Mark said, turning his head down and walking away, getting up to Levi and sitting beside him. Levi took his cap off, placing it inside his shoulder bag.

"You've done better than you did in the tournament! That was perfect, dude!" Levi said, trying to cheer Mark up, and it worked! Mark opened a smile and looked at Levi, and his eyes widened, and he turned his head down, noticing that his Pikachu was walking around, and, as he noticed that, he pulled out Pikachu's PokéBall, returning her to her PokéBall. Levi and Mark started to laugh, and they then started to talk about games and soccer again.

The Bulbasaur got himself ready for the battle against Joltz, growling passively at Joltz. Joltz looked almost a little playful, as this was his first battle. They both got into a fighting stance, Joltz's tail wagging slightly and pointed up and the Bulbasaur's bulb on his back began to flex, as if it were mixing up powders and such, which he can't use because he isn't as experienced enough to flex it out into a sizable cloud of paralyzing or poisonous powders.

Bulbasaur made the first move, charging forward with a Tackle. Sean told Eevee to use Quick Attack to jump over the Bulbasaur, which Joltz obliged. He charged forward faster than the average Tackle, using his speed to jump over the Bulbasaur's body and disorient him for a moment before Joltz turned back around on his front paw and charged forward with a regular Tackle, slower but more powerful. The Bulbasaur used his vines in an attack known as Vine Whip, slapping the unbeknownst attacker. Eevee got slammed to the side, almost landing on a tree and ended up rolling on the ground toward the base of one of the trees.

Sean encouraged Joltz to get up, which he struggled, but stood up quite quickly. Bulbasaur didn't give Joltz a moment to steady himself, as he was already charging forward with his head extended, intending to hit Joltz with a Headbutt. Seeing how Bulbasaur used Headbutt, Joltz used the nearby tree and jumped off, making the Bulbasaur hit the tree with the Headbutt. The tree rattled and it caused some Bug-Type Pokemon to fly off or at least jump off to a safer branch.

Joltz then used Tackle again, this time hitting Bulbasaur on his rump, sending him toppling over on his head and sliding off the tree as his bud landed against the bark of the tree. Bulbasaur then used his vines to right himself, landing on his quadruped feet and sending a Leech Seed toward Joltz. Joltz, due to his earlier training, dodged it by strafing sideways, and immediately landed another hit, this time with Quick Attack. The Bulbasaur got knocked a ways away, with Joltz getting into a fighting stance, reading his opponent's movements for anything he might possibly do.

The Bulbasaur, having been trained before and abandoned by another human, saw this and decided to psyche out the Pokemon. He went for a Tackle, charging forward. Joltz was about to dodge out of the way when Bulbasaur used his vines to jump higher in the air and then proceeded to slam his vines with his body weight and momentum, damaging Joltz quite considerably. Joltz cried out in pain as the Pokemon finally landed on him, trying futilely to shake him off. Sean told Joltz to roll over, which he did, trusting in his judgement but not sure if it would work. It did though, causing the Bulbasaur to jump off before taking a nose dive into the ground. Joltz then automatically used that weird power again, some weird sparkles and light came off of Joltz and went up into the air. If Sean could remember, the sparkles came back down a little while later.

Bulbasaur went in to use Headbutt again, trying to hit Joltz. Joltz saw this and quickly dodged to the side, then using Quick Attack to hit the Bulbasaur's side and forcing him to tumble away. Seeing that the Bulbasaur was now sufficiently weakened, Sean needed to use a Poke Ball. Luckily, he kept a few from his home. He only had two, so he threw one. That one landed just short of the Pokemon, but the rebound carried it enough to where it bopped the Bulbasaur's nose. The Pokemon shook the confines, trying to free itself. Bulbasaur then escaped from the ball, breaking it in the process. The lights that were sent into the air now landed and got absorbed into Joltz, healing him from the previous damage.

Bulbasaur saw this and tried to attack again, but Sean threw his last Poke Ball, the charging Pokemon made it easier to hit because of the decreasing distance between the two. The Poke Ball landed on its bulb, and recaptured the Bulbasaur. The Bulbasaur shook again and again. It was unable to fully escape, however, and decided to stay with Sean.

The Poke Ball ended its shaking with a click, and Sean just about leaped into the air with joy, running over to pick up his Joltz in a triumphant embrace and twirl around. He was so happy! He picked up the Poke Ball of his new member and decided to call him Fushi. The Bulbasaur then escaped from his Poke Ball and extended his vine, as if it were a handshake. Taking the vine in an awkward handshake, Sean smiled gratefully as Bulbasaur decided he liked the name he was given.

With that out of the way, he decided to train with the Bulbasaur, and learn that his other moves (besides Headbutt, Vine Whip, Leech Seed, and Tackle) were Grassy Terrain, Grass Whistle, and Growl. Since Grass-Types are not normally known for being fast, Sean went ahead and helped to raise the defenses of his Pokemon by having him take repeated beatings from Joltz's Tackle and Quick Attack, being able to now brush it off as if it were nothing. The Bulbasaur already knew a few tricks up his sleeve, as well, but didn't want to share it and even teased Sean with it. Sean would just have to see when he uses Bulbasaur in his next battle.

With that, the sun was about to set, so he headed off toward the end of Viridian Forest and set up camp, resting in his sleeping bag and blanket and his Pokemon surrounding him and cuddling up next to him to share the warmth.

The match, even if Mark lost, was entertaining. Afterwards, Angle approached her friend, a smile on her face. “Hey, you did good! I wouldn’t worry about it.” She said. In truth, Angle herself was nervous- she didn’t know whether she’d be able to win, to prove herself- she wanted to battle. That’s what she’d always wanted to do, even when her family had told her she should do contests and performances. She was anxious to prove herself. “So... is Isaiah going next? Or should I?”To be honest she was so nervous she kind of hoped Isaiah would want to go next.

"Haha! Thank you! I need to train a bit and get used to Belsprout. Ah, and my Pikachu doesn't seem to help, then I might give it away or something..." Mark said, looking down at the marshmallow pack and picking one up, moving his hand towards Angle and looking up at her. "Want one?" He said, smiling.

"Mark, if you give it away... give it to me! I really want that Pokémon, I was looking at it... I was spectating how it battled, and it is so beautiful!!! I want it, please!!! It fits me so well... I will give you anything, just give me that Pikachu!!!" Levi said, looking at Mark, who just gave Levi a smile before looking back at Angle. Levi wanted the Pikachu because he knew that the next GYM was a Water-Type one, and he didn't want to lose.

Isaiah smiled and patted Mark's shoulder in encouragement. "It's alright, you did great! You'll beat him next time, I'm sure of it." He chuckled and put his hands in his pockets, gesturing for Angle to go first. "Ladies first. Good luck; I'll be cheering you on all the way." Isaiah grinned and winked while flashing a quick thumbs up. He made his way to the stands and sat down, letting out Casimiro and Quirino, who both took their seats next to him. "Watch this battle closely and try to get a taste of Brock's battling techniques," Isaiah instructed.

"Hah, thank you! I hope you do good, Isaiah!" Mark said, looking at him and opening a smile. Mark kept his hand up towards Angle, but he turned his head to Levi. "Soo... if you want the Pikachu... I'd like to have your Caterpie, it is like... your most useless Pokémon when it comes to battling, right? If yes, I could make it stronger! Even though I don't really like bugs... I will try to keep it away from my body..." Mark whispered to Levi, he wanted the Caterpie because he wanted a team mixing all the Pokémon types or something near to that.

"No! Not Caterpie!" Levi said, looking away from Mark and crossing his arms, and Mark raised his eyebrows and laughed, looking at Levi in a defiant way and opening a smirk.

"Then no Pikachu for you!" Mark said, waiting for Levi's reaction, and he just turned his head towards Mark and nod, and, after that, Mark just turned his head to Angle, waiting for her to pick the marshmallow.

Politely, Angle held her hand up in refusal to the marshmallow. She personally thought sweets were really sickly, though she would drink soda pop all day every day if she had the choice. Nervously, the girl nodded. "Okey-dokey. Wish me luck," Angle murmured. She knew Pidgey wouldn't do to well in this battle, but she was hoping she could rise up and manage to win against Brock.

"Are you here to challenge me?" Brock asked, and with a gulp Angle nodded. She decided she would lead with Pidgey so Squirtle's opponent may be slightly weakened by the time she sent out Squirtle.

"Okay, go Geodude!" Brock yelled, and Angle respectively sent out Pidgey. Brock scoffed at her choice- and she understood why- but she couldn't do much else.

"Pidgey, use Leer!" Angle instructed, aiming to lower the defence of her opponent so she could hit harder. Geodude fell for the bait, and shivered under Pidgey's glare. Angle knew that meant the move had taken effect. "Quick Attack!" she ordered again, and Pidgey swiftly barrelled into Geodude, knocking it backward. She smiled, knowing she had got some decent damage.

"Geodude, use Tackle!" ordered the Gym Leader, and before Pidgey even had the chance to dodge it was on the ground. Angle became increasingly worried, but she had faith in Pidgey nevertheless.

"Now! Mega Punch!" Brock yelled, becoming more and more riled up.

"Dodge it!" Angle squeaked, panicking for Pidgey's wellbeing. Luckily, Pidgey darted out of the way, and Angle let slip a sigh of relief. "Okay! Quick Attack again!"

Geodude again was barrelled into, and Pidgey let out a triumphant squawk. The Pokémon thought it had won.

"Rock Tomb!" Brock ordered, and Pidgey was caught off guard- so it couldn't dodge. Angle grimaced as her Pokémon was slammed tot he ground in rubble.

"Pidgey is unable to battle! Please send in your next Pokémon!" Ordered the referee, and Angle sighed, returning Pidgey and quickly losing faith in her ability as a trainer.

As the sun shone on the faces of the new trainer and his Pokemon, Sean stretched as he crawled out of his sleeping bag and rolled it up, stuffing it in his backpack, as well as stuffing in his blanket. He then woke up his Pokemon with a gentle nudge on the sides. Joltz and Fushi both groggily yawned and got up, while Sean was already getting on his bike. Joltz, happy to see that they're going to run again, instantly bounded forward with no sign of him even sleeping a moment ago. Fushi, however... He looked a little saddened because he knew he wasn't going to catch up. Seeing this, Sean got off, and picked up Fushi, cradling him in one arm as he got back on his bike again.

When he started to pedal, with Joltz catching up quite easily, Fushi could feel the wind in his face. It honestly felt nice to feel such a rush, but it slightly scared him a little. He extended his vines from the base of his bulb and wrapped himself around the waist and arm of his trainer, scared that he's going to fall off. Seeing this, Sean quietly hushed Fushi as he started to growl from the experience, promising him that he won't drop him. Seeing in his eyes that he was telling the truth, he held on even tighter and relaxed a little, but still kept a wary eye for anything that would tell him they're going to fall.

After about several minutes, Sean finally made it to Pewter City. It was quite large, so he just tried his best to find his way through the city, his pedaling becoming relaxed as he let his feet rest on the pedals and the built up momentum took him around the city. As soon as he saw the rustic building said to hold the Rock-Type Gym Leader known as Brock, he rode up to it, seeing through the windows that a battle was already in progress.

It was between the gym leader and a young girl. Interesting. He stopped short of the door, folded up his bike and hooked it to the front of his backpack, then walked inside, Fushi landing on the ground and him and Joltz walking alongside their trainer to the spacious gym. It had a rocky battlefield and bleachers on the sides to watch the battle. He was already planning on using the rocks themselves in the battle somehow. He'll think up of something.

He saw two eccentric boys on the bleachers, a marshmallow bag being eaten from, and another boy apparently comforting someone. He walked up to the bleachers and watched the battle unfold, waving to the boys on the bleachers before taking a seat. It pays to be courteous, he guessed. He saw the ending of Pidgey and felt a little bad for the Pokemon. He could feel the adrenaline pump through for his first battle against a trainer, let alone a gym leader. He looked over his Pokemon, seeing that Eevee probably wouldn't be a great matchup against Brock, even though he's fast and quick. It would probably be better to have him out and weaken the opponent. Fushi, on the other hand, was a great Pokemon to use. He knew that Rock- and Ground-Typed Pokemon were weak to Grass-Type attacks, and if those guides on the gym leaders were correct, he uses an Onix and Geodude, both of which were Rock- and Ground-Types. This should be interesting.

Mark shook his head in agreement, moving his hand towards his own head and throwing the marshmallow into his mouth, chewing it. "Good luck!" He said while chewing the Marshmallow, making it hard to understand what he meant. Mark then picked up another marshmallow and turned to Isaiah, offering it to him.

"GOOD LUCK, ANGLE!!!" Levi screamed, pointing forwards, trying to somehow motivate Angle and cheer her up for the upcoming battle. "Oh, look, Mark! Another person!!!" Levi said, poking Mark, who turned his head towards Sean, waving to him. "Hey, bro. How is it going?" Levi said, opening a smile.

"Yeah! How are you doing?" Mark said, swallowing the marshmallow and picking up another one with his other hand, offering it to Sean.

As the battle unfolded, Levi got really interested, he was studying how Angle battled, and he found out that she had some sort of potential, he then started to scream like a crazy blonde guy whom's name shouldn't be spelled, but, he then frowned upon Angle's Pidgey faint, he was expecting more from it. However, Levi knew Angle had another Pokémon, and he then alerted her, and he also said that the Pokémon that she had were mega strong against Geodude and Onix.

Last edited:
Seeing the proffered marshmallow, Sean took it gleefully and tore it apart into three chunks, and gave one chunk to each of his Pokemon, the last one being for him. He loved it, but he didn't know what his Pokemon thought. Fushi didn't mind it, but he had a look of discontent. He probably just didn't like sugar. Joltz, though. He loved it. He gobbled it up instantly and bounced around in joy. Sean smiled and responded to Mark and Levi, saying: "Nothing much. It's been a hectic two weeks trying to get here. You have no idea what I had to go through."

He chuckled, but a little half-heartedly. But his spirit rose once he rethought that he had just went to Pallet Town from Saffron City, and then sped his way over to this battle. He then had to confess something to the two boys, saying: "Well... This battle will be my first battle against a trainer. I only battled one Pokemon, and that was to catch Fushi here, my Bulbasaur."

With that, Fushi grinned and made a croaking noise, as if it were some kind of frog Pokemon. Sean chuckled and pet his little buddy on the head, who then nudged into it some more. Seeing that Fushi was getting all the attention, Joltz decided to fuel his jealousy into his Headbutt that he had seen Bulbasaur use. Of course, it wasn't at all full strength, since Joltz didn't know how to properly use it. It was more like a Tackle, and leading with his head. He smashed into his trainer's arm, who looked down and chuckled at his sudden action toward jealousy. He then used his now bruised hand to pet Joltz behind the ears, who gratefully mewled and rested on his leg. Such cuties, he thought.

"DAMN! TWO WEEKS?!" The duo exclaimed, gasping while turning their heads slowly to Sean. They spent some days to go from Johto to Kanto, but two weeks seemed way too much for them. Not to mention that they went from Johto to Kanto with trains! "YOU'RE CRAZY?! HOW DIDN'T YOU... I DON'T KNOW... DIE?!" Levi said, tilting his head, still surprised.

"Dude, you seem to care about your Pokémon... like... a lot. Your Pokémon are also really cute! Ah, and you seem to be really good! What is your name? Ah! And do you like Pokémon Wrestling?!" Mark said, getting even happier, he really wanted more friends, and he didn't even bother to ask from where he was! Mark had a smile on his face, he was just waiting for Sean's response.