• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon RolePlay: Way to the Indigo league! (RP)

Sean couldn't help but laugh at their antics, a light-hearted smile appearing on his face while they gawked at the amount of time it took him to go from Saffron to Pallet. He had to give them an explanation:

"Well, it took two weeks because I was on my bike, and I had saved up rations to leave since I was already planning on doing that when my parents wouldn't let me on an adventure, since my dad wanted me to be a businessman for Silph Co. I was merely taking my time, since biking is a little bit, especially when almost everyone wants to battle you and even catch up to you, only to realize you didn't have any Pokemon. Joltz, my Eevee, is the first Pokemon I got from Professor Oak. Fushi, my Bulbasaur, is my second Pokemon I caught in Viridian Forest. With how rare they are, I'm so lucky to have on my team."

He smiled at Mark, who complimented on his Pokemon and asked him some questions. He answered them politely, saying: "My name is Sean McLoughlin. Nice to meet you both. What are both of your names? And I used to watch it on television until my dad wanted me to go to boarding school, so he banned me from watching TV. When I get some kind of Pokemon to use in that wrestling dojo thing over there, I'll participate. I'm more partial to watching those kinds though."

He loved watching the wrestling matches. If only he had a Pokemon capable of being in there...

"WHAT THE, WITH A BIKE?! HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE? ARE YOU A SUPER-HUMAN OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT?!" Mark exclaimed, gasping at Sean's statement, he never saw something like that, and he couldn't even imagine someone biking for 2 weeks, he was getting tired just by thinking of it! "Oh, and my name is Mark Wang, but you can call me Mark, or Wang! Haha! Oh, it is good to know that you like Pokémon Wrestling! All those Pokémon are so cool! Which is your favorite?" Mark said, blinking his eyes faster than usual, he wanted to know more!

"AAAAAAAHHHHH!!! WHAT ARE YOU? IM GETTING AFRAID!" Levi yelled, placing a marshmallow in his mouth and chewing it slowly. "Oh! A businessman? Seems boring! I want to be a Pokémon expert!" Levi exclaimed, crossing his arms and raising his eyebrows. "Oh, and my name is Euclides Levi, but Levi is better... but you can call me Euclides," Levi said, smiling.

Sean couldn't help but keep chuckling. These guys, no matter how hyper they were, made him feel so overjoyed. He just replied between chuckles, unable to contain himself:

"It's called 'I love to run and bike and be outdoors'. I mean, I'm pretty sure my calves have evolved into cows or something," he looked down at his legs. They were quite beefy for a 10-year-old boy, but he seemed to be lacking muscle in the arms, since they were quite lanky. He continued: "I want to be a Pokemon Gym Leader, one who specializes in Grass- and Electric-Typed Pokemon. I'm currently on an adventure to capture, or at least understand every single Grass- and Electric-Typed Pokemon." His eyes were brimming with determination as he smiled boldly at his dream.

He had to continue though: "Nice to meet you, Mark and Levi. What do you want to be Mark?"

"Hahahaha! That's what happens! Oh, and I want to be a Pokémon Doctor, I'm fascinated by Pokémon and their way of living that may differ depending on their type, species or even something minimum like D.N.A inheriting! I want to gather a team that is formed by... well, almost all types of Pokémon because I can't gather 17 types of Pokémon in a party of six! Haha!" Mark said, opening a smile and closing his eyes.

Levi placed his cap back on his head, and, for some reason, he got up. "I need to use the bathroom!" He said, running down and walking around the GYM, and, he finally found the bathroom! As he walked in, the lights turned on, they were activated by a sensor that was on the roof, and Levi quickly noticed that. Levi then walked up to the only toilet that the bathroom had, he then unzipped his pants and did what he needed to do, but, while he did it, the lights turned off! His eyes widened and he screamed like a little girl, he quickly pulled his pants up and zipped them again, running away from the bathroom, still screaming, he then reached the bleachers, sitting down beside Mark, his breath was puffy and fast, and he had a shocked expression, he then turned his head towards Mark, nodding, and Mark started to laugh, he almost fell from the chair he was sat down.

After stabilizing himself, Mark looked and Levi. "Bro... you're so funny when you're freaked off! Hahaha!!!" Mark chuckled, laughing again, Levi then crossed his arms and looked away, he looked angry, but he then started to laugh, and they then started to say some random things that didn't make sense.

Isaiah chuckled and glanced at the newcomer, waving. "You'll have to get over their eccentricity sometime. It's hard, I know. I'm Isaiah, nice to meet you." He then fixated his gaze on the battle once more. Angle seemed to be in a state of panic and uncertainty, so Isaiah called out, "Relax, Angle; you got this!" He smiled warmly, hoping she would notice.

"Isaiah! The marshmallow!" Mark said, pointing to his left hand, which was the hand where the marshmallow was being held, he then shook it, chuckling. 'You don't want it?" He said.

"Sean, I have a question... you're from Johto?" Levi said. He was ready to recruit another member! He knew that his crew was kind of big already... but the more the merrier, right?!

Sean just chuckled, and responded to both Isaiah's statement and Levi's question, saying: "Nice to meet you, Isaiah. And no, I'm not from Johto, but my parents were from there. They moved here shortly before I was born to start a business, but it flatlined, so they just decided to work with Silph Co. for the time being. Anyway, why do you ask? Is it because you're from Johto?" He couldn't help but say this with a wry smile. It felt fun to be around these types of kids. He then told Isaiah another thing: "Hey, I haven't been around anyone this eccentric, and I'm quite alright with it. It's a breath of fresh air. If you've been to my house, enthusiasm and positivity are a little absent."

"Oh! Mark, should we recruit him? He is basically from Johto... but... he is from Kanto..." Levi said, turning his head to Mark, who nodded yes, smiling. "Right! Sean, do you want to travel with us! And, yes! I'm from Johto, as well as Mark! We are both from Ecruteak City," Levi said, waiting for Sean's answer with a smile on his face.

"Sean, did you know that there was a tournament in Viridian? We participated it, I lost in the first round, but who cares?!" Mark said, smiling and pointing to Levi, "he lost in the semifinals of that tournament!" He stated.

Sean raised an eyebrow and smiled, wanting to join this group now. He chuckled as he gave his reply: "Well, sure I'll join. I've always wanted to go to Johto. It's where all my family is now. I would rather go there than stay here. My mother used to live in Olivine City, while my dad used to live in Mahogany Town. And that's what that large building was for.... Well, that would've been fun to join, but if I remember correctly... Viridian City is the last place to go for a gym badge, and Giovanni there is the toughest out of all the gym leaders, unsurprisingly. Which would mean you should've seen some extremely strong people there. And I mean, people who have had their Pokemon for at least a year and have been going around the entire region, and most of their Pokemon are fully evolved and really well trained. Did you meet anyone like that during the tournament? Then again, it would be unsurprising if you didn't, since they would all be focused on challenging the gym leader there anyway. Still though, it's impressive that Levi got to the semifinals. How did you do it?"

He smiled and stretched his aching back muscles. He had completely forgotten about the battle happening right before him. Man, these kids were like time-wasters. It's cool though, but it's still interesting.

"YES!!! ANOTHER MEMBER!!!!" Levi exclaimed, raising his hand as if he wanted a hi-5, and then Mark slapped his hand, giggling. "Well, I didn't really know that Viridian was the place where the last GYM was... I didn't see the GYM building... maybe it was in the other side of the City..." Levi said, placing his hand on his chin and thinking a bit.

"Right! Now that we got 5 members... I guess our team shouldn't have more members, right?!" Mark said, turning to Levi, who shook his head and woke up from his daydream, nodding. "So... we will go when we are all done here, ok? It is snowing outside, then we should bring our hoodies with us!" Mark said, smiling.

"Well, I battled against trainers that weren't so though, the last one was good, but his Pokémon didn't look well-trained. The guy who defeated me fought against a guy with a weird red Pokémon with pincers instead of hands... I can't really tell what that Pokémon was because the PokéDex had nothing to tell me about that thing... it looked really strong, it defeated all the runner-up's Pokémon with one hit each," Levi said, and he was, obviously, talking about the winner's Scizor, which was so strong that gave the runner-up no chance at all!

"That's true! That Pokémon looked strong and though, even if Levi had won, he wouldn't stand a chance against that Pokémon," Mark said, looking at Levi, who nodded.

Sean nodded and remembered that his dad owned that kind of Pokemon. His dad had owned a Scizor and it would help him on business trips by protecting him if anything had gone wrong. His father taught his son about the Scyther family, since it was his favorite family. That was the only thing that made him seem human, to be honest. He then replied: "Well... My dad has a Scizor. That's what they're called. He said they're Bug- and Steel-Types and they evolve from Scyther. Those large bugs with scythes for hands. He also said that Professor Elm from the Johto region had founded them after trading one when it held a Metal Coat. It's probably why your Pokedex didn't say anything on them."

He then went on to the other topic, going a little backwards for them. It was getting a little difficult to keep up now, but he wasn't so sure if it was his fatigue or that these kids gave off so much energy that it was causing him to be slightly dizzy.

"And I took a shortcut that led to the gym. That's why I was able to get through Viridian City within 3 hours. Also, I didn't notice the snow, to be honest."

He chuckled. He really hadn't. His Pokemon never showed any signs of being cold, or he was just oblivious. It had turned out that the Viridian Forest had kept the snow away from the ground floor, so nobody got hit with the snow. Now that he remembered, he only started seeing the snow before he entered the forest, and after he left the forest. Weird. He guessed that those trees were really quite thick. Either way, he didn't feel cold at all.

"With how much activity I'm going through, I doubt I'll feel cold. Maybe if I'm not doing anything, even through this thick jacket. Fushi, you alright with the cold?"

His Bulbasaur just shook his head a little bit and started to shiver slightly. That's why Bulbasaur wanted to be held so much. To remedy this, he held on to his Pokemon, holding him near his chest to keep him warm. Fushi then went into his green jacket, eliciting a small chuckle from Sean. He pet his Fushi and allowed Joltz the spot on his lap, who bounded gleefully on there and curled up into a little ball while facing the battle down below.

Last edited:
"Scizor... oh... it looked cool, I want one!" Levi said, opening a big smile, he thought Scyther was a Pokémon that was easily found in the wild, he obviously didn't know that a Scyther is only found in the Safari Zone. "I'm getting bored, Charmander, Spearow, Caterpie, come out!" Levi screamed, and Mark gasped, running away from Levi.

"DON'T YOU DARE TO PLACE THAT BUG NEAR ME, I KNOW WHAT YOU WANT, YOU WON'T DO THAT AGAIN!!!" Mark yelled hysterically, and, his face got completely red due to anger, but he then came back, sitting beside Levi and calming himself down with good thoughts.

Levi's Pokémon came out, Levi picked up Caterpie, cuddling it. Levi's Charmander came out of its PokéBall and yawned, laying down on Levi's shoulder bag and sleeping. Levi's Spearow came out of its PokéBall and landed on Levi's shoulder, looking around the area and pecking his head, Levi giggled, petting Spearow's head.

Sean chuckled at their silly antics again. These kids, he swore they were on a sugar high or something. He guessed that maybe they wanted to trade a Pokemon or do something to the other Pokemon, which was why Mark made a sudden remark when he saw the Caterpie. He then thought that maybe he should have a battle with one of them, and get to know how to fight a trainer. He stood up, holding Fushi securely so he wouldn't fall out of his jacket, and sensing the sudden movement, Joltz jumped up to his shoulder and perched there. He then asked if one of them would like to battle him, as he didn't want his first trainer battle to be a gym leader. He was thinking about just fighting outside, next to the building.

Last edited:
"Hmmm, we could battle, let's go!" Levi said, getting up. Levi placed his Charmander inside his shoulder bag, placing its head and the tip of its tail outside, he didn't want to burn his whole shoulder bag. Levi then placed Caterpie inside his cap. Caterpie growled, crawling to the middle of his head and moving its body up, causing Levi's cap to fall over it, and, since the cap is bigger than its whole body, the cap covered it completely and fell backward due to its antennae, Caterpie then growled once again, as if it wanted some attention, and it started to crawl around Levi's head.

Mark looked at Levi's head and at the Caterpie, making a gross expression. "He is crazy..." Mark muttered, getting up. Levi walked forwards, looking back at Sean and signaling him to come, Mark followed him and looked back at Sean, smiling.

Nervously, Angle flashed a smile at Isaiah, and nodded. She could do this. She just had to make sure nothing happened to Squirtle.

“Okay Squirtle, you’re up!” Angle called, throwing her partner’s Pokéball. Out from it emerged Squirtle, and a newfound confidence filled the girl. “Use Water Gun!”

A jet of water shot from Squirtle’s mouth, barrelling straight into Geodude. One hit, and Grodude was out- thanks to Pidgey’s hard work. Angle fist-pumped the air, grinning at her achievement. But there was still Onix, and she’d seen how strong that Pokémon was.

“Onix, use Slam!” Brock ordered, and Squirtle was knocked back. Angle wasn’t having it.

“Squirtle, Growl and then Water Gun!” She said, hoping to weaken Onix’s stats before she attacked. Onix was hit, and it winced at being hit with the super effective move, toppling backward.

“Onix, get up!” Brock pleaded, and Onix rose. “Use Rock Tomb!!” he shouted, and rocks cane flying toward Squirtle. The Pokémon was hit, but the move was not very effective, meaning Squirtle was still going strong.

“Finish this! Water Gun!” Angle instructed, and Onix was hit-hard- and it was a KO. A smile curved Angle’s lips as she took the badge graciously, celebrating in her head. Triumphantly, the girl placed the badge in her badge case, still smiling. “I did it, guys!!” She chirped, sounding immensely happy- she had doubted herself for a moment.

Her gaze befell a newcomer, and she offered them a quizzical glance. “Uhh... who are you?” She asked Sean, wary of strangers as she often was.

"Huh? What?" Mark said, turning his head towards Angle, gasping and running towards her, making weird noises with his mouth. "Good job, Angle! Do you want to watch Levi's battle against Sean? Or you will stay here and watch Isaiah's battle?" Mark said.

Levi also turned his head towards Angle, walking slowly towards her, being very careful, trying to keep Caterpie on top of his head. "Uhhh, good!" Levi said, taking Caterpie off his head, keeping the cap on its head and holding it against Angle. "Isn't she cute?!" He said, smiling and closing his eyes.

Sean saw the girl and smiled at her, waving a hand at her. He walked up to her and greeted her: "My name is Sean. Nice to meet you, Angle."

Fushi peered out over the zipper keeping the jacket together, looking at the girl with bright red eyes. Sean couldn't help but giggle and he scratched the forehead of the Pokemon, getting an endearing growl from the cute Pokemon. He then introduced his Pokemon: "This is Fushi, my Bulbasaur. This little Eevee on my shoulder is Joltz."

With a chirp, Eevee waved and greeted Angle, happy to see someone new. He then congratulated her on a well-fought victory as he clapped several times. He looked on at the exit to the outside world and waited for the boys to catch up with their girl. He could tell that one of these boys had a crush on this girl, but he didn't know which.

“Thanks!” Angle chirped, a smile still on her face. She hated to abandon Levi and Mark, but she wanted to see how Isaiah battled- and, she wanted to cheer him on. “I’m gonna stay and cheer Isaiah on. You guys go have fun. Oh, and, nice to meet you too, Sean.” Angle murmured, turning back toward Isaiah.

"I hope you hit a wall with your little toe," Levi said, frowning and placing Caterpie back on his head, walking towards the exit. The Caterpie moved its body down and started to sleep, and, as it did it, the cap fell back on his head. As Levi reached the door, he looked back to the battlefield, waiting for Mark to come.

Mark looked back at Levi, waving and running towards him, getting near him in no time, he then looked back at the battlefield, waiting for Sean. "COME ON!!! LEVI SAID YOU'RE A LOSER AND HE ALSO SAID HE IS GOING TO WIN EASILY!!!!" Mark yelled, laughing out loud.

"SHUT THE HECK UP! I DIDN'T SAY THAT!!! SEAN, YOU'RE COOL AND YOU'RE NOT A LOSER, BUT I WILL EASILY WIN!!!" Levi yelled even louder, and Mark just covered his ears and closed his eyes. "Never do that again, dry grass hair," Levi said, laughing, but Mark was still with his ears covered, that means he didn't hear what he said. Mark then uncovered his ears and opened his eyes, looking back at Sean.

Sean just chuckled and shrugged off Angle's hesitance when talking, since he figured she was shy around random strangers. He walked outside, only to get yelled at by the boys. He just chuckled, not so sure how this battle was going to pan out. He could think outside of the box at times, and the battlefield nearby was quite spacious. Nothing to get in the way of a good battle, not even environmental objects, like boulders or trees.

He just smirked as he walked closer, and then he said: "Considering this is my second overall battle, and my first trainer battle, I wouldn't be surprised if you won. Although, I take into account of the environment and how your Pokemon move. Seeing you have a Spearow, a Caterpie, and a Charmander... Well, your Spearow would be quite fast and strong with its beak. Caterpie would be very slow, but would probably react quickly. Your Charmander is all around a fast and strong fighter himself. If my Eevee can outspeed your Spearow, well.... That would make my day. I mean, I've been training Eevee's speed since I got him, and he has larger legs than others of his kind. Plus, my Bulbasaur is quite resourceful and would use his vines to his advantage. Hopefully, one of us wins. Whoever wins gets to challenge Brock first. How about that?"

With that, before anybody could say anything, his PokeDex began to beep. Sean looked confused and pulled it out. It opened up and immediately began to expel all the information it had been holding about the Pokemon he was seeing.

"Bulbasaur. The Grass- and Poison-Type Seed Pokemon. It'll evolve into Ivysaur when trained enough. The green bulb on Bulbasaur's back was grown there after a seed had been planted there from birth. The bulb uses the chloroplasts to enable photosynthesis, so it could give both the animal and the plant energy. The nutrient-rich seeds also in the bulb help give them both energy, as well, aiding them in regions where food is scarce. As the Pokemon grows, so does the bulb, gaining size as it ages. Most of these Pokemon are excellent caretakers of sick and baby Pokemon, and are generally well-behaved and very loyal toward their trainers. When the Pokemon is about to evolve into Ivysaur, its bulb will flash blue and plants around it start to flourish. Most Bulbasaur disappear right before they evolve to go to a secret place, where a ceremony is held for all Bulbasaur, led by its final evolution, to help them evolve into Ivysaur. They then return to their trainers. They mostly live in forests or grasslands throughout Kanto, although Starter Pokemon like these are very hard to come by.

They may have the Abilities Overgrow or Chlorophyll, which is rare. Overgrow boosts the Pokemon's Grass-Type attacks if they in danger of fainting. Chlorophyll boosts their speed when the sun is shining at its brightest.

They are very adept at using their vines, spores, powders, and seeds, all supplied by the bulb on its back."
"Charmander. The Fire-Type Lizard Pokemon. It'll evolve into Charmeleon when trained enough. The tip of its tail holds a flame that has been there since birth. Sometimes, the newborns will accidentally burn themselves or others when trying to acclimate to having the strange flame on its tail. The flame is the indicator of the Charmander's health and mood, and it makes sound if you are in a quiet enough area. If it burns brightly, the Pokemon is strong and healthy. If it burns weakly, the Pokemon is sick or exhausted. If it wavers, it's happy. If it's blazing, it's enraged. It is said that if the flame ever went out, the Charmander will die. Even if the tail gets wet or gets rained on, the fire will still burn, the contact of the fire with the oncoming water creates steam. These Pokemon, when found in the wild, exhibit pack behavior, crying and calling out for others of its pack if it ever finds food or trouble. It prefers hot places, and are usually found in mountainous regions, but they are usually found with trainers, as they are Starter Pokemon.

They may have the Abilities Blaze or Solar Power, which is rare. Blaze boosts the Pokemon's Fire-Type attacks if they are in danger of fainting. Solar Power boosts their ranged attacks when the sun is at its brightest, but the ensuing power increase will hurt the Pokemon gradually.

They are very adept at using their claws, teeth, and flame pouch. They'll even use the fire on their tails to distract their opponent before making a move."
"Squirtle. The Water-Type Tiny Turtle Pokemon. They evolve into Wartortle when trained enough. Right after they are born, their back swells and hardens to become the shell. Although, during this phase, their shell can be quite soft. When it hardens completely, it will become so resilient that prodding fingers will bounce off of it. When it's sleeping, it will withdraw into its shell for added protection while it slumbers. When it senses danger, it will withdraw into its shell, and shoot its powerful Water Gun with amazing accuracy from within to scare away predators. Before it can learn Water Gun, it usually uses the foam to make itself look bigger and dangerous. It's shell, isn't all for protection. The grooves on the shell's surface and the general rounded shape help minimize drag when swimming, helping them to swim at high speeds. They can be found in or around small ponds and lakes. Sometimes, they can be found on secluded islands with the rest of their evolutionary family.

They may have the Abilities Torrent or Rain Dish, which is rare. Torrent boosts the Pokemon's Water-Type attacks if they are in danger of fainting. Rain Dish gradually heals the Pokemon when it's raining.

They are very adept at using their thick skull, shell, and water expulsion organs to deal damage while also tanking it."
"Caterpie. The Bug-Type Worm Pokemon. They evolve into Metapod when trained enough, and will secrete a hard substance to coat over itself to achieve evolution. A notable characteristic of this Pokemon is the red antenna, or osmeterium, on its head. It releases a stench powerful enough to repel predators. Sometimes, it doesn't work and they fall prey to the bird Pokemon. The structure and the large eye-shaped markings also aid in scaring predators away. Its green coloration also helps with camouflaging the Pokemon on the leaves in which it eats. It does this to protect its soft and weak body. This Pokemon can also scale most surfaces without breaking a sweat, by using its suction cups. Caterpie will shed its skin many times to grow before finally cocooning itself in thick silk for evolution. It can also spit this silk in order to entangle foes. It usually feeds on vegetation, and it's vast appetite causes it to eat leaves larger than itself, eating a hundred leaves a day. These Caterpie are quite attracted to the Vermilion Flower. They also live in forests. Because of how fast they grow and evolve and how easy it is to catch, these Pokemon are great for novice trainers.

They may have the Abilities Shield Dust or Run Away, which is rare. Shield Dust protects the Pokemon from any additional effects of a move because of the dust or scales that cloaks its body. For example, it will still take damage from Body Slam, but it won't get paralyzed. It won't stop moves that are purely Status moves. Run Away helps the Pokemon flee from battle quickly and successfully every time, just not against another trainer's Pokemon.

They are adept at using their String Shot in combat as a way to shield themselves or entangle their foes before they strike."
"Pidgey. The Normal- and Flying-Type Tiny Bird Pokemon. They evolve into Pidgeotto when trained enough. Pidgeys have a really sharp sense of direction and homing instincts. They can locate their nest, even when far removed from any familiar surroundings. It is normally a very docile Pokemon, and will prefer to flee than to fight back due to its dislike toward fighting. However, they will fight back ferociously if cornered. By flapping rapidly, they can whip up dust clouds and create whirlwinds to disorient their predators and foes before flying away, or flush out potential Bug-Type prey. Pidgey is extremely common and can be seen in meadows and forests.

They may have the Abilities Keen Eye, Tangled Feet, or Big Pecks, the latter being rare. Keen Eye protects the Pokemon's eyes from getting damaged, effectively preventing their accuracy from lowering. Tangled Feet will raise their evasion if they are confused. Big Pecks prevents the Pokemon from having its attack lowered, since its pectoral muscles are larger than most birds and they are usually very proud of them.

They are adept at using their wings to create lots of wind to push the foe back, or kick up sand to disorient their foes. They're also quite fast, as their feathers help reduce drag when flying."
"Spearow. The Normal- and Flying-Type Tiny Bird Pokemon. They evolve into Fearow when trained enough. Unlike it's counterpart Pidgey, Spearows are extremely aggressive and territorial, but can't fly too high or too far, since their wings aren't large enough or well developed as Pidgeys to enable long flight. They have to flap at high speeds to keep themselves aloft, but they can fly very fast to protect their territory, but they tire easily. Spearow's loud shrieks can be heard over half a mile, or one kilometer, away. This screech is used to warn others of danger. These Pokemon are known to see in black and white, and will chase its foes in a large flock. These Pokemon are usually found in desolate wastelands and fields, where they hunt for insects by flushing them out with its short wings, and then plucks them with their stubby beak. Farmers like Spearow and will use these Pokemon to get rid of Bug-Types that hurt their crops, and will even take care of them. Although, they are quite reckless, and they will stand up to anybody, even larger Pokemon, if it has to protect its territory.

They may have the Abilities Keen Eye or Sniper, which is rare. Sniper raises the damage done if the Pokemon's attack is a critical hit.

They are adept at using their speed to disorient their prey before they dive down and peck at them harshly."
"Geodude. The Rock- and Ground-Type Rock Pokemon. It evolves into Graveler when trained enough. Geodude's sturdy arms help it climb sheer mountain faces steadily. They are also proud of their sturdy body, and will bash against other Geodudes in a contest of some kind to prove whose body is harder. The longer these Pokemon live, the more chipped and worn its body becomes, making them look rounded. Their heart will always remain hard, craggy, and rough, though. Once they become completely round, they will be calm and quiet. They can be mostly found on mountain trails and fields. Sometimes, they will sit still in these areas, and they are often mistaken for natural rocky formations. They are often stepped on or tripped over, and that will sometimes cause them to swing their arms in anger and attack the person. When they sleep deeply, it buries itself halfway into the ground. Once buried, they won't awaken, not even when someone steps on it. You better hope that rock you stepped on was a sleeping Geodude or a plain rock. Speaking of mistaking them, some people have actually thrown Geodude at others during a snowball fight, since their rocky and round appearance gets them hurled. Although, I don't know why these people haven't figured that snowballs aren't heavy and hard, like a Geodude. In the morning, Geodude will roll downhill in search of food.

They may have the Abilities Rock Head, Sturdy, or Sand Veil, the latter being rare. Rock Head protects the Pokemon from any recoil damage from their own moves. Sturdy protects them from any one-hit knock-out moves, like Fissure, or keeps them fighting after they should faint. Sand Veil makes them harder to spot in a Sandstorm, effectively raising their accuracy.

They are adept at using rocks around them, their craggy body, and their fists to attack their opponents, causing bruises and even broken bones."
"Onix. The Rock- and Ground-Type Rock Snake Pokemon. It is not known to evolve into or from any other Pokemon. If it can evolve, I don't have it in my memory storage. You'll have to upgrade me to find out. Anyway, this Pokemon has a magnet in it's brain that serves as an internal compass, enabling it to not get lost. It's fin on the top of its head houses this magnet and allows it to sense anything in the ground while it's digging. It's body also absorbs many hard objects, making them very solid. As it grows older, it becomes more rounded and smoother, eventually becoming similar to black diamonds. Despite Onix's size being 26 feet long, or 8 meters, it can tunnel under the ground at over 50 miles, or 80 kilometers, per hour. This causes tremors and a terrifying roar that echoes a long ways away. The massive, winding tunnels it leaves behind are used as homes by Diglett. Onix also love to eat boulders while tunneling underground. Somehow, Onix can turn any part of its body or its head 360 degrees. Creepy. It is usually a very aggressive Pokemon that will constantly attack humans and other Pokemon when in pain. Onix can be found in mountains and caves, though it prefers underground tunnels with little light.

They may have the Abilities Rock Head, Sturdy, or Weak Armor, the latter being rare. Weak Armor raises the Pokemon's speed every time it gets hit with a physical move, but it also lowers their physical defense.

Onix are very adept at burrowing through the ground and using its long form to its advantage, snaking around the battlefield and slamming foes with its large tail. It will even constrict their foes in a tough Bind."
"Eevee. The Normal-Type Evolution Pokemon. It can either evolve into Vaporeon when exposed to the Water Stone, Jolteon when exposed to the Thunder Stone, or Flareon when exposed to the Fire Stone. It is currently unknown whether or not Eevee can evolve into anything else. I would recommend updating me if you would like to know. Anyway, Eevee are very hard to find in the wild, but they are most commonly found in cities and towns, or being experimented on in labs. Since they have an irregularly shaped, or unstable, genetic structure, they can very easily adapt and evolve perfectly to live in almost any environment. Most Eevee have a naive personality, although your Eevee seems to be very naughty and mischievous. Good luck trying to get over that. Anyway, if the Eevee has been with their trainer for long enough, their face may hold traits of their trainer's face, or even adopt their mannerisms and personality.

They may have the Abilities Run Away, Adaptability, or Anticipation, the latter being rare. Adaptability powers up the moves that are the same type as the Pokemon using them, furthering the boost that was already there. Anticipation makes the Pokemon shudder if there is a potentially dangerous move, either a one-hit knock-out attack, or one of their most powerful moves.

They are very adept at using their surroundings to their advantage, as well as using their speed and body to overthrow their opponent. Although, they aren't as good at it as some other Pokemon."

Sean, his eyes wide at the amount of information being thrown at him, tried the shut the darn thing up by closing it. It didn't work. He then jammed it in his bag. Still wouldn't shut it up. He could still hear it, and he just sighed until it was done talking, which took 10 minutes. After that, he just sheepishly and nervously chuckled as he got into the position in the battlefield, letting his Eevee go first.

Last edited:
"I already defeated Brock, uh?" Levi said, placing his hand inside his shoulder bag and pulling out his badge case, opening it and showing it to Sean, it had one badge, and it was the boulder badge! Levi then raised his eyebrows, looking at Sean and smiling. Levi then placed his badge case back into his shoulder bag.
"Damn... let's see what I have here..." Levi said, placing his hand under his chin and looking up to the sky, but, he quickly moved his head back down because the snow was bothering him.
"Well, I got Caterpie, which could make that Eevee slower using its String Shot... I also have Charmander, but it doesn't really fit this battle... Spearow could use Gust and knock Eevee out... but the Bulbasaur could do exactly what Isaiah's Bulbasaur did... Yeah, better start with Caterpie," Levi thought, placing his hand inside his hat and taking Caterpie out of it, setting it down. The Caterpie instantly woke up and looked at the Eevee, ready to attack. "OK, NOW USE STRING SHOT!!!" Levi yelled, looking at Sean and smirking.

"Levi, I will buy some things for camping and such, okay? I heard that we will have to get past Mt. Moon, and I also heard that it is big... we should get our things ready!" Mark said, walking away and walking through Pewter, he then found a shop that was specialized in what he was looking for, camping tools!
Mark got in and looked for a camping tent. After walking around, he found not one, but five camping tents! Each one was 500 PokéYens, and Mark had 3.000 PokéYens, that means he could buy it! The camping tents were in a box that had about 50 centimeters, Mark could easily pick them up. Mark picked one of the boxes up, and it wasn't so heavy, he walked towards the cashier counter, placing the box on it, the cashier looked at him, and Mark placed his hand inside his pocket, taking 2.500 PokéYens out of it, placing them next to the cashier, which was a girl with about 1 meter and 67 centimeters, with long brown hairs and an Asian physiognomy. The picked the cash up, opening the safe box and placing it all inside it.
Mark then looked around, noticing that there was a big brown backpack with 2 side pockets and a BIG zipper on its top, which, if opened, revealed a ton of other pockets, Mark instantly ran towards it, picking it up, it was only 200 PokéYens, that means it was basically nothing. Mark then got the other boxes, one by one... and he placed them all on a cart, getting out of the market, he then chuckled, thinking of what Levi would do if he was the one buying those things, Levi would be in love with the cashier! "Okay, time to place this in our room and then buy the fruits and food..." Mark said, pushing the cart towards the PokéCenter.

Eevee saw the String Shot, and the speed training helped quite considerably. He bounded to the left before taking the initiative of his own, charging with a Quick Attack straight toward Caterpie, white streaks of air pass him by as Sean looked confused at Eevee. He didn't even say anything. Well, at least Eevee could fight on his own, but he hoped Eevee was smart enough to get out of a crazy situation. Or at least listen to him. He did see Mark leave as he got supplies, but kept his eyes on the battle, he didn't know what to do or what to say. He was just a little dumbfounded as he saw his Pokemon attack without any orders. He just held Fushi near his chest as he surveyed the area. Well, he could use Sand-Attack to push the snow on top of Caterpie, causing the Pokemon to get cold real fast. If he could remember right, Bug-Types were weak to Ice... Right? He couldn't remember, but it sounded about right.

He saw Eevee jump over the Caterpie at the last second, purposefully missing the Pokemon. Now was his chance. Sean cried out: "Use Sand-Attack, but bury him in snow!"

The Eevee, surprised and forgot he had to take orders from his trainer, almost stumbled as he stopped, but tried his best to kick the snow up and cover the Caterpie with it.

"CATERPIE, DODGE IT AND USE STRING SHOT AGAIN, TRY YOUR BEST!!!" Levi yelled. The Caterpie even tried to avoid it, but it was caught due to its low speed, the Caterpie got buried in the snow, and it then shook its head, getting rid of the snow that was covering it, it then growled its name, closing its eyes as if it was happy, but it then fainted. "CATERPIE, COME ON!!!" Levi yelled, picking Caterpie up and removing the snow that was around it, placing it inside his cap again. Levi then opened his shoulder bag, pulling Charmander out of it and setting it down. "CHARMANDER, USE FLAMETHROWER!!!" Levi yelled. The Charmander looked up, tilting its head, but it then turned back to Eevee, opening its mouth and... yawning! It then closed its eyes, falling down and sleeping. "COME ON!!! WAKE UP!!!!" Levi yelled, running towards Charmander and poking it, the Charmander woke up, looking around and getting itself up, looking at Eevee, opening its mouth and sending out a stream of fire towards it, it wasn't so strong, but it could still damage Eevee, at least a bit!

Seeing how unresponsive the Charmander was to his own trainer, he decided to give him something to fight. He told Eevee to use Quick Attack. Instead of evading like normal, Eevee flew past the small stream of a Flamethrower, speeding past it and even jumping over the flame. He charged forward and tried to hit the Charmander with its body full on. Fushi peeked out of the jacket and saw how rude that Charmander was. Maybe that Charmander didn't understand his trainer, or the other way around... Or both.

"CHARMANDER, USE METAL CLAW!!!" Levi yelled. The Charmander stopped the Flamethrower, and, as it ceased, it looked up, but it couldn't react in time, it got hit by the Quick Attack and got sent back, but it didn't get harmed that much, it then glared at the Eevee, attempting, without any order, to use Flamethrower at it again. The Charmander lost its control, and it opened its mouth, sending another stream of fire towards Eevee. "Wow! Calm down!" Levi said, opening his eyes widely.

Seeing how Charmander didn't even listen or obey his trainer, Sean wondered if Charmander was unimpressed with his trainer somehow. Or maybe, it was just a hot-head. Seeing this, Sean then said: "SNOW-ATTACK!" He might as well dub the name Snow-Attack now, since it was basically a Sand-Attack, but with snow. The Eevee, picking up on this new name for this kind of situation, kicked the snow high in the air, causing it to warm up and the ensuing cold water was heading straight toward Charmander.

The Flamethrower did hit Eevee's rump, though, but the snow helped protect him from a little bit of it. Although, it was still enough to singe his rump and tail, and he sat down quickly in the snow to halt the burning.

"CHARMANDER, USE FLAMETHROWER ONCE AGAIN, BUT THIS TIME, USE IT ON THE WATER, LET'S MAKE SOME STEAM!!!" Levi yelled. The Charmander took a bit to understand, but it then turned his head up, firing another Flamethrower, but, this time, aimed at the water, which was almost hitting it. As the Flamethrower hit the water, a steam cloud was formed, surrounding the whole area, Levi smirked, he was almost sure that Sean's Eevee wouldn't be able to attack his Charmander due to the steam.

Meanwhile, Mark finally arrived at the PokéCenter, he couldn't enter the PokéCenter with the cart, then he just picked up the boxes, one by one, placing them inside his own room. Mark also placed some things inside his backpack, walking out and pushing the cart back to the camping tools store.

Seeing the Charmander had finally listened for once, Sean smiled. Finally, a proper battle. As the steam covered the battlefield, Joltz could feel his instincts coming back. He started to stalk Charmander slowly, the crunching of the snow underneath his paws becoming barely audible. He stalked around the Charmander, trying to find something past the vigilance of the Pokemon. He saw the tail and thought that maybe a Snow-Attack would cause him to turn around, so he kicked up a small bit of snow at the Pokemon, only to bound away in another direction, being obscured by the steam.

Sean didn't want to say anything, since he knew that Joltz knew what he was doing. He thought at first. All he could hear was the roaring flame of the tail from the Charmander, and then a pelt of snow. Whether it landed on the Charmander or the ground, he didn't know, but he guessed Joltz tried to use Snow-Attack to pelt the Pokemon and attack from behind. He couldn't help but think how smart this Eevee was. Where did Oak get this Eevee?

The Charmander, not being able to see at all, got pelted by the snow, turning back, and it got confused but it then realized that its own tail was the problem, but it didn't know how to fix it. "Charmander! Use a small Flamethrower forwards, and do it constantly, and with small, I mean with the size of the fire on your tail! Let's see if they find us now..." Levi said, smirking sarcastically. The Charmander listened to Levi's voice, but it took a while (You can use this as an advantage) for it to do what he said. The Charmander slowly opened its mouth, firing a small flamethrower that could be kept up for minutes or even hours.

Mark finally finished pushing the cart, he sighed, pushing the cart into the store and walking out, clapping his hands together and walking back into the store, he did that because he didn't know where the supermarket was, but he knew that the cashier knew where it was. Mark walked up to the cashier's counter, which had no one, even though the shop had 10 or 15 people in it. "Hey, do you know where the supermarket is?" Mark said, looking down at the cashier. The cashier smiled, looking right into Mark's eyes and blinking simultaneously "Oh, yes, I know! It is actually near this shop, you just need to run down the street, then turn to the left and... boom! You're there," The cashier said. Mark smiled, kind of shy due to how the girls looked at him. "Okay, now I need to run because you're weird," Mark said, running away, and the girl frowned, muttering something that didn't sound good.
After running a bit, he finally arrived at the supermarket, he entered it, feeling the warmth that came from the heater, he then got a cart and started to look for foods.

Last edited:
Not sure what that was going to accomplish, Sean yelled "NOW!" once Charmander started firing his little stream of a Flamethrower, since the glow cast by the Flamethrower would make it harder for Charmander to see straight ahead, but would help him see from the sides. The Eevee then charged forward, using the steam as a way to keep it concealed and sprinting forward and sending his head straight toward Charmander's back, trying to do something akin to Fushi's Headbutt. The form was quite nice, but Joltz's neck and head weren't supported enough to withstand the shock of hitting anything. If Joltz ended up heating Charmander, he would sustain recoil, as if he were using Double-Edge or something of the like.

Sean and Fushi just watched and try to hear what was going on through the mist. They could see the glow of the fire from Charmander's stream, but couldn't see any Pokemon through it. He only knew that Charmander would be busy making the flame for it to hardly notice the Eevee coming up behind him.

"CHARMANDER COME BACK!!!" Levi yelled, picking up Charmander's PokéBall and raising it on the air. A red beam was sent towards Charmander, and the Charmander got hit before it could be returned, but it didn't faint. "Okay, Spearow, I choose you!!!" Levi said. The Spearow nodded, flying into the air and flying around the steam cloud. "SPEAROW, USE DEFOG TO GET RID OF THE STEAM!!!" Levi yelled, and the Spearow flapped his wings so fast that he created a strong wind current, which hit the steam cloud and dispersed it. "That's it! Now try an Aerial Race on the Eevee!!!" Levi said. The Spearow nodded, flying down towards Eevee, drifting to the left before hitting it with his own body, aiming his wing on Eevee's face.

Mark finally had picked everything he needed, he then started to see if they were all correct. "Cereals, rice, beans, french fries, watermelon, oranges, grapes, marshmallow, pizza and a lot of water and cola... yeah, I think this is enough to survive." Mark then pushed the cart towards the cashier's counter, but, he stopped in the queue and waiting for his time to come.

Last edited:
Seeing that Spearow was quite fast in the sky, even after all the training Joltz had done, he knew he wasn't quick enough to dodge the Wing Attack. He glared up at the Spearow until it dove at him. He tried to jump out of the way, but wasn't fast enough, not even with Quick Attack, and he was sent flying back to Sean, the wing hitting his chest and he landed on his back. He slid and created a trail in the snow. Struggling, Joltz tried to get up, but the Aerial Ace severely hurt him. It seemed that the Aerial Ace was a critical hit. Instinctively, Joltz used Baby-Doll Eyes. The execution of the attack is quite quick, as quick as Quick Attack. The Eevee just looked up at the Spearow with adorable, sparkling, baby eyes to make the Spearow think twice about hurting it and hopefully not go so rough on the poor Pokemon.

Sean just looked at this and tried to hide a chuckle. He couldn't help himself as he had this wry look about him. Although, he figured that Spearow would be faster than Eevee, but hopefully Joltz could do something before he gets knocked out. He wasn't so sure if Fushi can handle attacking the Spearow, let alone Charmander, especially when the snow covering the ground would actually cause Fushi some discomfort.

Last edited:
"SPEAROW! DON'T TRUST THOSE SOULLESS EYES!!!" Levi yelled, and the Spearow even heard Levi, but it looked straight into Eevee's eyes because it didn't really understand what he meant. The Spearow started to descend, but it got cut by Levi's scream, which was: "SPEAROW, USE DEFOG!!!". The Spearow started to chirp, and, in some seconds, a LOT of Spearows could be seem, they were ANGRY! The Spearows stopped next to Levi's Spearow, and they started to flap their wings, creating a destructive wind current that was sent down towards Eevee.

Meanwhile, Mark had finally reached the cashier's counter, and he started to place everything he had bought onto it, the cashier then told him that everything he had bought would be 300 PokéYens, and Mark picked up the last PokéYens he had, giving them to the cashier, and she placed it inside the safe-box. Mark then placed it all on grocery bags, running towards the PokéCenter.

Last edited:
Seeing the weird band of Spearow randomly appeared, he wondered why this was even a thing. Surely this wasn't a part of the battle, and if this stunt was used in any other legitimate battle, this would've caused some major outrage and a disqualification. Joltz didn't get bothered by the Defog, as it only made it easier to see. Joltz calmed himself down, and closed his eyes, focusing on what he needed to do. He looked up at the swarm of Spearow and picked out the one with the trainer. He then used Covet, as he didn't exactly see anything that Spearow was holding, but was wanting revenge. That was something he wanted to metaphorically steal. He sauntered over, not so sure if this would work, since his trainer didn't exactly show him how it was done, but he just went with his instincts. When he got close enough, he quickly jumped in the air, trying to headbutt him, but not with the headbutt attack.

Sean was a little sour at the calling of the Pokemon. He would have to have a word with Levi, since Defog can surely be used by one little Spearow and be just as effective.

"SPEPAROW, NOW USE PECK!!!" Levi yelled. The Spearow chirped in reply, and all the Spearows flew away. The Spearow then glared at the Eevee, moving its head back and then moving it forth, attempting to peck Eevee's head with all his strength. Levi wasn't sure if the attack would work, he was trying to use something new, seeing how Spearow wasn't so strong using its wings, he tried to use its beak, which, different from its wings, was kind of strong.

Mark reached the PokéCenter in no time, getting in his room and placing all the grocery bags down on the table, he then opened the door, running out of the hotel section of the PokéCenter and dashing towards the GYM area.

The Covet and Peck clashed, the Eevee getting his ears and head pecked quite harshly from the extremely hard, stubby beak while almost tackling the Spearow (had permission to clash attacks) because a Covet isn't exactly a Tackle. Joltz fell to the ground, landing a little roughly from the earlier damage he took. He turned around to face the Spearow and used Quick Attack to get close and jump up at him, wanting to send him down to the ground. He jumped quite high, attempting to grab Spearow on the way down and make it easier to attack.

Sean got a little tense as he saw them both clash, but he guessed it was better than completely missing and the Spearow following him down.

"SPEAROW!!!" Levi screamed, watching the Spearow falling down to the ground and, getting grabbed by Eevee and being sent down, Levi just looked at that, completely shocked. "SPEAROW, DON'T FAINT!!!" Levi yelled, and, the Spearow got up, opening its wings and getting rid of the snow around its body by shaking it. "SPEAROW, TRY TO USE FURY ATTACK!!! NOW!!!" Levi screamed, and the Spearow flew up to Eevee, attempting to slam its beak against it.

Mark drifted on the snow, almost falling, he then looked at Sean and Levi, walking up to them. "Levi, I bought all the supplies!!!" Mark exclaimed, waving at him, and Levi rolled his eyes towards Mark, nodding. Mark then moved the snow under him around until he could see the grass, he then sat down with his legs crossed, watching the battle.

Sean then took action. "Joltz! Use Snow-Attack and Quick Attack!"

After, jumping off of the Spearow, the Eevee obliged and shoved snow with his powerful hind legs up towards the Spearow. Whether Spearow was blinded, distracted, or now can't fly very well from the snow, Joltz used Quick Attack to dash around the attacking Pokemon and attack it from behind, trying to hit it. Sean can tell this Spearow may be on its last leg. Birds weren't known for flying away after having their wings drenched in snow, let alone a Spearow.

Sean waved to Mark jovially after he got a moment. He could tell that Levi wasn't having it at all.

Spearow's wings got covered by snow, and it fell down to the ground, rolling forwards and getting up. "SPEAROW, THAT'S IT!!! YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO!!! USE YOUR MIGHTIEST ATTACK, THE POOP BARRAGE!!!" Levi screamed, and the Spearow tilted its head at Levi's order, but it then nodded, sending a barrage of poop towards the Eevee. That isn't really a Pokémon move, as you may know, but, Levi thought it had some logic, and he thought it should be used!

"Hey, Sean!!!" Mark said, waving at him. Mark then slammed his hands into his legs, getting hyped to see the end of the battle, but, when Spearow started to poop, he turned his head away. "COME ON!!!" Mark yelled, inflating his cheeks purposely as a sign of disgust.

Seeing this... Unholy attack, Joltz JUST missed it by jumping over it at the last second. He still got some on his legs, and he started trying to shake it off and rubbing it in the snow. Since bird poop is quite clingy, it wouldn't come off too easily. He just tried to battle, but it was distracting him with the smell. God, that was disgusting (this is the equivalent of flinching). It was making his eyes water.

Sean just facepalmed. Even though he was probably a little younger or maybe the same age as this kid, he wouldn't pull a move like that. That's disgusting.... He sighed, wondering if that move was illegal too, but I guess a Pokemon has to poop...