• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Release Dates Confirmed + New Trailer

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
TownIllustrationA4_350_05_Dcombined - Copy.jpg
During Nintendo's Digital event for E3 a brand new trailer for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire was shown off. The trailer, which can be seen below, introduces us to Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert, and shows off certain parts of Hoenn.

Hoenn_map.png
The official Pokémon website has also confirmed that outside of Japan the new forms of Groudon and Kyogre are known as Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre. The two forms are obtained through Primal Reversion. We've also got a pretty new map of the Hoenn region which you can see above.

GrouKyoIllustration.jpg

The official release dates for the two games have been confirmed. Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire will be released for the 3DS in the US, Japan and Australia on the 21st of November. The games will then be released in Europe on the 28th.

That was quite glorious. Nice to see the new megas in movement. Swampert looks enormous as expected. They all look great.

The map is very intriguing as well. That dark island at the top in particular.

PS: Fortree looks pretty.

Last edited:
I'm shaking with excitement! Brand new megas are going to be available, including Mega Groudon and Kyogre. I just can't wait to use them!

Also, I'm anxious to see what new features lay in this remake of Pokemon's third generation...

On a final note, though, I can't wait to see if there's a Mega Rayquaza!

The art style on the map and of Groudon and Kyogre after the kid looks at the wall painting is absolutely gorgeous. Some areas don't look familiar so I'm guessing they were revised Gym or Trick House puzzles. There does seem to be a lot of areas that could be extra content archipelagos.

The parts the interest me the most are the dark island to the top, the island to the right of cycling road, the island south west of Pacifidilog (Might be Battle Tower), the volcano north west of Sootopolis and the water-logged caldera-like structure in the bottom right corner. Also the area where the Abandoned Ship was that area looks way to big to be a sunken ship. I mean if you turned it on it's side that area is nearly as big as Rustboro which is one of the larger cities.

The cloud in the just south west of Sootopolis is bugging me, I doubt it but maybe something is under there

The "dark island" at the top when looked at a bit closer, actually is just the silhouettes of Archie and Maxie surrounded by a dark gray smoke. The area just southwest of Slateport is almost definitely the Abandoned ship; remember: Pokemon maps are not usually to scale. Sky Pillar's island has been shifted down a bit to form a more even shape. A lot of "new" areas on the map are actually places that existed in the original map but never held anything, and have likely been expanded upon for exploration purposes as well as probably any future event legendary capture areas. The island for the Battle Frontier is most likely covered in clouds, since the theme of covering post-game areas in clouds keeps recurring.

While I'm not entirely convinced there are actually any new areas that are completely noteworthy, I'm not saddened by that because most of Hoenn was fun enough to explore, and I don't think anyone actually /likes/ exploring water areas for the scenery.

Anyway, great trailer, totally psyched for November, and it needs to get here SOON.

This was worth the wait! Out of everything shown in the trailer, my favorite parts have to be
  • Seeing how the menu bars and speech bubbles are based on the ones from the original Ruby & Sapphire games
  • Seeing the Hoenn megas and the updated Hoenn region in 3D while keeping the same feel of the original games
  • Roxanne's new design (now looking forward to seeing the other gym leaders)
Plus, Maxie and Archie look a lot better in the game than they did in the CoroCoro scans, so even though a lot of cringed at the new Team Aqua and Team Magma, I'm sure they'll still do justice while giving them some more personality.

The only thing that bothers me from all this is that the map covers both the Sky Tower and the Battle Frontier, so I'm hoping this doesn't mean that they're not going to create a third game (Delta Emerald) to show them. Other than that, this is absolutely amazing!!

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
The only thing that bothers me from all this is that the map covers both the Sky Tower and the Battle Frontier, so I'm hoping this doesn't mean that they're not going to create a third game (Delta Emerald) to show them. Other than that, this is absolutely amazing!!

They aren't going to make an Emerald remake just to show off the battle frontier. If they want it in the remakes, we'll see them, but most post-game areas have a habit of being covered by something on the maps. And we will see Sky Pillar - it was in Ruby and Sapphire and the only place to catch Rayquaza, they wouldn't cut such an important area. (The Delta Emerald thing happens all the time, they claim names like Pokemon Water Blue and Pokemon Grey so that if those games ever DID arise, they would own them.)

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I think I just came. To a realization that is. These games aren't even out yet and they've already replaced RSE as my favorite games in the series. From the few quick scenes we've seen so far, the 3DS has truly done Hoenn justice because it is absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to see the region proper along with the other Gym Leaders. I think that was Flannery's Gym in the trailer where Brendan was dropped down the hole since that was her puzzle in the originals.

As far as the map goes, the cloud near Pacifidlog Town is definitely the Sky Pillar and the large cloud in the southeast is the Battle Frontier. What intrigues me is the swirling cloud to the west of the Battle Frontier. Is it Southern Island where you can catch the other Lati@s? It couldn't be Far Away Island where Mew resided in Emerald could it? Perhaps a new area all together where Gen IV-VI Legendaries could be caught? It intrigues me!

My calendar is marked and my body is ready for November 21st.

They aren't going to make an Emerald remake just to show off the battle frontier. If they want it in the remakes, we'll see them, but most post-game areas have a habit of being covered by something on the maps. And we will see Sky Pillar - it was in Ruby and Sapphire and the only place to catch Rayquaza, they wouldn't cut such an important area. (The Delta Emerald thing happens all the time, they claim names like Pokemon Water Blue and Pokemon Grey so that if those games ever DID arise, they would own them.)
That's true, and think that Kiloude City was covered on the map for the Kalos region too.

I know about the licensing thing now, & I do believe that the chances of getting a Delta Emerald are 1000/1, it's just that I feel that since we're getting OR/AS right after X & Y were released, and looking at all of the surprises Game Freak has thrown at us since last year, anything could still be possible

Oh wow! May I say, the characters look better in-game then official artwork ( protagonists). And Mega Sceptile ♥

Also, I love the fortree. Eeee~

And, instead of Mega Rayquasa, why not Primal Rayquasa? It would work better with the story, if it has a big role in the story-line.

And the beggining of the trailer is so cool!

Now, if there's a region I've never played in, it's Hoenn. I kind of got shoehorned out of it by a combination of my DS and the availability of Ruby or Sapphire to me. I simply never got a chance to get it, and then didn't really have much time to dedicate to the search/playtime, either, especially because I started playing in the fourth generation. However, if it's anything like X and Y, the main storyline should be relatively short, which is helpful. It's going to be fun exploring the region for the very first time. It'll be a great late birthday present.

What is that THING at the top of the map? That creepy little purple and brown place up their? BECAUSE THAT SHOULD NOT BE THERE. It's creeping me out...