• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon - Johto Adventures (discussion)

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
(I hope I’m not too late to sign up)

Name: Otis Russell

Hometown: Used to live in Aspertia City in Unova, but she has just recently moved to New Bark Town in Johto.

Starter: Snivy, but now a Serperior

Final Team:

-Spirit, who is a female Serperior

-Nia, who is a female Scolipede

-Clara, who is a female Flygon

-Mary, who is a female Ampharos

-Joey, who is a male Unfezant

-Clever, who is a male Zoroark

Rival: She has none so far.

Family: She only has her mother, and her name is Lily.

Best Friend: She has none so far.

Crush: She has none so far.

Main Goal: To be the best pokemon trainer in the world!

Other: She used to live in Unova. Otis and all of her pokemon wear sky blue matching bandanas around their necks.

Name: Skylar

Home town(in Johto): Violet City, with Isabell!

Starter: Shinx

Final team: Luxray, Florges, Umbreon, Pyroar (Male), Meowstic (Female), Ninetails (Alolan).

Your Rival: None, she likes everyone :3

Family: Phoenix, (Sister) - Who may be in the roleplay later if I decide to

Best Friend: Isabell, obviously!

Main goal: See loads of Pokemon, and catch ‘em all.

Last edited:
My name is Max and my team consists of a primarina a mimikyu a Altaria a shiny Eevee a Gengar and a Raichu (alola form) is that okay and and my town is the starting town in the Johto games.

They went by "Pokeball Pokemon go Ray". I removed their post from the thread.
I and by the way my Pokemon was named lunala it was just a
Raichu

Last edited by a moderator:
(I hope I’m not too late to sign up)

Name: Otis Russell

Hometown: Used to live in Aspertia City in Unova, but she has just recently moved to New Bark Town in Johto.

Starter: Snivy, but now a Serperior

Final Team:

-Spirit, who is a female Serperior

-Nia, who is a female Scolipede

-Clara, who is a female Flygon

-Mary, who is a female Ampharos

-Joey, who is a male Unfezant

-Clever, who is a male Zoroark

Rival: She has none so far.

Family: She only has her mother, and her name is Lily.

Best Friend: She has none so far.

Crush: She has none so far.

Main Goal: To be the best pokemon trainer in the world!

Other: She used to live in Unova. Otis and all of her pokemon wear sky blue matching bandanas around their necks.
Accept!

Name: Skylar

Home town(in Johto): Violet City, with Isabell!

Starter: Shinx

Final team: Luxray, Florges, Umbreon, Pyroar (Male), Meowstic (Female), Aerodactyl.

Your Rival: None, she likes everyone :3

Family: Phoenix, (Sister) - Who may be in the roleplay later if I decide to

Best Friend: Isabell, obviously!

Main goal: See loads of Pokemon, and catch ‘em all.
Accept too!

I'm tempted to join if there's room for one more.
Yea, you can join us!

I and by the way my Pokemon was named lunala it was just a
Raichu
Can you please make the characteristics again? Without a Raichu naned lunala?

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Actually, Jodie.xox, that's not how it goes - please make sure you read the rules yourself (rather than rely on second hand descriptions) before spreading misinformation to new users. The section mentioning "Several final notes on legendaries" also includes the following text:

"Lastly - being what they are, Legendary Pokémon are doubtless to have, well, legends about them. Myths and stories, depictions in art and on the walls of ancient temples, rumored cryptid-esque sightings that cannot be proven or disproven as being the actual being - the works. Needless to say, such myths and stories would doubtless capture the minds and imaginations of trainers - whether or not they actually have the skills and capability to survive an encounter with such monsters. Reading stories about legendaries, chasing rumored sightings (that are most likely a case of mistaken identity), being fascinated with old folklore etc. is perfectly fine and does not require special approval so long as no actual encounter takes place. Any actual encounter with a Legendary (even at the culmination of a long pursuit) is subject to the rules mentioned above."

So yeah, you're perfectly fine having dreams about legendaries if dreams is all they are. If your character is just having a weird dream about flying around through ultra space on a Lunala and firing pew pew lasers at space invading Team Galactic Pikachus because they just happened to read a book about Alolan Mythology, that's fine and dandy (so long as you actually make sure to point out that it was a dream). If it's a legendary pokemon communicating with your character by means of dreams, though, or alternately if it's an illusion of a legendary Pokemon when your characters are trapped in a dreamscape due to mind-eff!- induced by, say, a psychic type or a ghost type, that's a bit more ambiguous and would be treated as an encounter requiring permission. It is a good idea to ask if you're not sure, mind!

Anyway, Pokeball Pokemon go Ray, you don't get to name a Pokemon after another Pokemon species, especially not a legendary Pokemon (nice attempt to attempt to walk back your rule-break, complete with another rule-breaking double-post), though.

Lastly. I am getting immensely tired of having to stress this in virtually every god damn discussion thread ever, but. One word posts are never okay. One word posts are SPAM. This is a forum. NOT a chat room. Posts must have discussion value. If you want to acknowledge something but you don't have more than just "Ok" or "Thanks" or anything of the sort to add, use the Like function. Yes, same applies for "Accepted." Make your post more than one word long, for deities' sake.

Name: Robert

Appearance: He's about 5'6 tall, has black hair that he has stand up, and has dark brown eyes. He wears a long-sleeved dark green shirt, a gray scarf, blue jeans, and black sneakers.

Hometown: Four Island

Starter: Misdreavus

Final team:
- Misdreavus (F)
- Delcatty (F)
- Espeon (M)
- Meganium (M)
- Torkoal (M)
- Corsola (F)

Your Rival: None

Family: His mother and older sister back in Four Island.

Best Friend: None

Crush: None

Main goal: To travel to new places.

Name: Tony
Home town: Azelea Town
Starter: Riolu (F, Lena)
Final team:
Lucario (F, Lena)
Dragonite (M)
Golurk
Bisharp (M)
Lilligant (F)
Snorlax (M)
Family: Unnamed father
Crush: None (Yet?)
Main goal: To beat the battle frontier.

~Rinko~

Previously PrincessPika~chan
Well, Imena will probably recognise your character @Red Gallade because Azelea Town is quite small and they're both from there.

Anyways, I'm wondering if one of my characters could have two Pokemon on hand in my first post, I probably can, but I just want to double check.

well I meant like... someone you could beat but m'k

Name: June
Home town(in Johto): Goldenrod City
Starter: Aron
Final team: No idea...
Your Rival: No one yet
Family: He has a single mother back home.
Best Friend: Eliza
Crush(if yes, write it): Not yet...
Main goal: To have fun...

Name: Eliza Cross
Home town(in Johto): Mahogany Town
Starter: Charmander
Final team: Depends how the rp goes...
Your Rival: June
Family: She has none that she speaks of.
Best Friend: June
Crush(if yes, write it): Nerp yet.
Main goal: To become the strongest pokemon trainer/researcher ever.

Miraclous Ladybug, that show about kids who transform into animal-themed superheroes, using magical jewellery, or Miraculouses. The one I have up right now is set in Ancient Egypt, and follows the life of a magician-in-training, the princesses of Egypt, and an artist, as they save Memphis from the evil Horwedja (Hawk Moth)

Name: Robert

Appearance: He's about 5'6 tall, has black hair that he has stand up, and has dark brown eyes. He wears a long-sleeved dark green shirt, a gray scarf, blue jeans, and black sneakers.

Hometown: Four Island

Starter: Misdreavus

Final team:
- Misdreavus (F)
- Delcatty (F)
- Espeon (M)
- Meganium (M)
- Torkoal (M)
- Corsola (F)

Family: His mother and older sister back in Four Island.

Crush: None

Main goal: To travel to new places.
Accept!

Name: Tony
Home town: Azelea Town
Starter: Riolu (F, Lena)
Final team:
Lucario (F, Lena)
Dragonite (M)
Golurk
Bisharp (M)
Lilligant (F)
Snorlax (M)
Family: Unnamed father
Crush: None (Yet?)
Main goal: To beat the battle frontier.
Accept!

Is it too late to sign up here? I haven't role-played in a while and was just wondering.
You can also join!

well I meant like... someone you could beat but m'k

Name: June
Home town(in Johto): Goldenrod City
Starter: Aron
Final team: No idea...
Your Rival: No one yet
Family: He has a single mother back home.
Best Friend: Eliza
Crush(if yes, write it): Not yet...
Main goal: To have fun...

Name: Eliza Cross
Home town(in Johto): Mahogany Town
Starter: Charmander
Final team: Depends how the rp goes...
Your Rival: June
Family: She has none that she speaks of.
Best Friend: June
Crush(if yes, write it): Nerp yet.
Main goal: To become the strongest pokemon trainer/researcher ever.
Accept!

@Pokémon Golder and @Luma_Star you are needed to reply
I'm sorry! I reply now...

Name: Autumn
Home town(in Johto): Mt. Silver??
Starter: Absol
Final team:
Absol (with mega stone??)
Jolteon
Gardivoir
Ninetails
Milotic
Sceptile

Your Rival: Gold
Family: My Absol duh.. lol
Best Friend: Red
Crush(if yes, write it):None yet
Main goal: To be the very best like no one ever was ( beat Gold and Red)
I hope it's not too late to join. I am willing to change my character if it conflicts with the narrative before I join (if I get accepted) It was fun making this post anyways so if I don't get accepted then it's all good regardless.

Name: Autumn
Home town(in Johto): Mt. Silver??
Starter: Absol
Final team:
Absol (with mega stone??)
Jolteon
Gardivoir
Ninetails
Milotic
Sceptile

Your Rival: Gold
Family: My Absol duh.. lol
Best Friend: Red
Crush(if yes, write it):None yet
Main goal: To be the very best like no one ever was ( beat Gold and Red)
I hope it's not too late to join. I am willing to change my character if it conflicts with the narrative before I join (if I get accepted) It was fun making this post anyways so if I don't get accepted then it's all good regardless.
Can you please ask @StellarWind Elsydeon for the mega-evolution? I read the rules, so you must ask Stellar.

Name: Navarro Jardenil

Home town(in Johto): Cianwood City

Starter: Krabby (Named Victor, was a gift from his parents for his twelfth birthday.)

Final team: Kingler, Gyarados, Octillery, Simipour, Ludicolo (Yes, Navarro is a water trainer.)

Your Rival: None.

Family: Born to Braiden and Anaya Jardenil, Navarro lived in comfortable middle class for his entire childhood and his parents rarely got into altercation. His day to day life was extremely tame in Cianwood City, and so Navarro is constantly anxious about the alien challenges that a journey may present to him. Despite this, he still is determined to at least try upon an adventure in John. He had an older brother, however he left for Sinnoh soon after Navarro was born, and his family has heard little from him. His name was Jakob Jardenil, and Navarro still feels latent anger and longing for his brother, even though he attempts to suppress these feelings in pursuit of his goals.

Best Friend: The ocean. He never indulged socially much as a child, preferring to keep to his research of the world around him, and especially the sea that he was so insatiably infatuated with. It is here, spectating the ocean and all of the Pokemon inhabiting it, where he got his passion for the psychological structure of Pokemon.

Crush(if yes, write it): None. Though Navarro doesn't vehemently hate romance, he simply had no sufficient candidates for this sort of affection in his previous years. Any that were present he considered to be insufficient. He's wary of these kinds of relationships, and relationships in general due to the fact that he sees it as a source of betrayal and loss, even if he still considers it occasionally.

Main goal: To further study the psychological structure of Pokemon, the effect of battling on this structure, and such. At a very basic level, Navarro also just wants to make his parents proud - a longing for parental recognition in this regard that entrenches his heart deeply.

Last edited: