• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokémon Hero Tournament

Again, he said, he might have WiFi for a bit. So I’m going to give him tomorrow to hopefully get something up. If not, then I will.

Well, enjoy your vacation.

Okay, so now you’re waiting on me. I’ll try to get the post up. But it may take a bit, as I have to also to set up the battles and do some calculations. It may be a hour or two before it’s up. But it should be up today. Unless something happens.

Okay, so here is the bracket

Kaylee vs NPC — Ten Carot Hill @ReaperTheSoulEater
Shen vs Halt — Mahalo Trail @Shen: Ghost Gym Leader - @Glaceon trainer
NPC vs Brodie Blano — Hau’oli City Marina @Fraseandchico
Ken Blake vs NPC — Hau’oli Cemetery @Koopa6000
NPC vs Willa Cabbage — Berry Fields @Eis
Ry Burst vs NPC — Verdant Cavern @Ry_Burst
NPC vs Ameile André — Melemele Meadow @The Roserade
Knox Everett vs NPC — Seaward Cave @Nebula-Newt

After that, the winners will be randomized into a new bracket. (Makes it tougher for competitors to research opponents.) I’ve done it random for the order of these battles, making so only OCs make it the next round. But because, we have nine, two OCs were bound to fight early on. Also, these battles will all be happening at the same time. So we can write up our battles and have them intertwine. Also, I request that you try to post your battle, even if you are just battling an NPC.

This probably goes without saying, but for those of us battling NPCs, should we post the whole battle in one large post, or break it up into parts?

Also, for people battling OC’s remember that these guys would be tough. They wouldn’t just keel over or make obvious mistakes. They would be as knowledgeable as your OC, or maybe more. An example is I’m battling a man, who plans things out in advance and has researched everyone he could. He won’t just faint from a Headbutt Attack. To win, it will take skill and ability, which will be needed to win the battle properly. Not just a bunch of one shots. It isn’t the game and battles are much more complex.

It would make things a bit more complicated, and harder to work. Plus there can only be a singular winner. It requires teams and at this point, it would totally change the scope of the tournament. I might make the final four, a Battle Royal though.

Shen, you need to have at least 4 sentences per post. This goes for everyone. Battles should at least be descriptive and have detail. Go with your Pokemon’s reaction, your characters response, the counter, the thoughts going on. Small details can be very useful so everyone understands and less probelms occur.