• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokémon Hero Tournament

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Hm, let's see what he says about all this, because I asked him directly before and he only said to get permission from the admin, otherwise, he would have said no directly

He basically said he won't be using the mega, his character just already had a mega as it's been used in multiple RP's. Nobody needs a mega, they kinda make things boring anyway.

I have a question: How detailed can we get into a battle? To the point of some blood and realistic fighting? Just as long as it isn't gore, obviously. xD I like my battles as realistic as possible, and seeing that this is anime-related, I'm going to have fun. Just as long as I'm able to express a little freely in these posts. xD

From what I have been told, blood is frowned upon and generally isn't allowed, but realism I don't see a problem with. Honestly I don't mind blood but it's the rules

Well, just as long as it's okay with everyone on the thread. It is nice, but it just means that there will have to be an age thing on the title if I want to get deep into it, which I won't feel the need to. These are the rules considering that:

"As one would expect from a setting where elemental creatures with pointy teeth clash with each other on the field of battle on a relatively daily basis, the Pokémon universe is more violent than we sometimes realize. While there isn't an exact limit on the amount of horrible grotesque things that can happen in an RP - "on-screen" violence is not everyone's cup of tea. Therefore, we ask that:
  • Exceedingly violent posts must be tagged - either in the thread title or the post itself. That way, people who do not wish to read exceedingly violent content (or who shouldn't) are not caught by surprise.
  • No senseless bloodbaths - Violence must make sense within the setting. No eviscerating the entire population of a small village and feasting on their entrails in graphic detail simply for the sake of it, please."

So it isn't technically frowned upon, but the violence has to be realistic and justified.
The reason why it's frowned upon is because most of the people here are below the age of 18 or are extremely immature, or get sick from reading such grotesque posts, so it is frowned upon in the community, but there really is nothing against it. Just as long as it doesn't get out of hand.

I'm fine with it, I just could have sworn some where in the discussions it said that it was not allowed, not too sure. Just as long as everyone else is alright with it

There probably was, but that is part of the post from Stellar, so those are the rules. I don't know where you saw that, but I never saw anything like that. The only people I know who said it wasn't allowed were people who couldn't stand reading the word blood. Also, I did edit my last post :3 and my character sheet.

Last edited:
Probably around Manga level on the battles. Not bloody and horrific, but with detail, and intense fights. Like scrapes and small cuts, but not major open wounds over the eye........ (continues to go into intense detail.)

And as for the Mega, I said for everyone to not ask for permission from Stellar for just this RP. It's pretty rude and it gets you on Stellar's bad side. And with someone with armblades, that's not good. If you had a Mega with an old OC, I'm cool with him being there with his Mega. But a while new character and Mega is pretty disregardful of the rules in general in my opinion.

Anyways, who hasn't posted their battles yet? I've personally invited Pichu a while ago, and I was hoping that someone who hasn't stared to battle can change their opponent to her OC.

Opps, sorry. I didn't see your character on the previous page, @Pretty Pichu, accepted.

Also, I cannot stress this eniugh, as this is one of the most important points involving 'Charms rules. Megas have to be approved by the admin. I am not an Admin. I am solely a thread creator/owner. I can decide in the in depth aspects only the plot and rules for this RP, but they are just extents of the Main RP rules. I recommend you who don't know what I'm talking about, go to the PRP rules and read the Mega Evolution section as it tells you the details of this process.

Me saying you probably shouldnt ask is a recommendation from me (through experience), and I cannot approve of your character being able to Mega Evolve.

Thank you for accepting. :) When I am not stressed and bogged down with homework, I will roleplay. :) Are we going by the pretense that my character had already arrived and is just simply waiting for the battle to start?

We’re assuming you’ve alread6 arrived and are headed towards your battle. We just need to find someone who hasn’t started their battle yet, and replace you for the NPC.

It just occurred to me that I should probably include translations for the moves written in French.
Bouclier: Barrier
Choc Mental: Confusion

Actually he can. check previous generations. In every other Generation, he can learn it through a move tutor. Meaning it is possible to actually learn those moves. Plus, this is not the game. Just because they can’t learn a move in the current generation, it doesn’t mean they don’t have access to it. Pikachu for example, can’t learn Iron Tail in gen 7. But he knows them.

He seems to here.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    261.2 KB · Views: 24
I didn't check the previous gens. I was wondering how did it learn them, because I couldn't find it in the moveset of him when checking its typing. Wasn't trying to get onto you.