• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokémon Hero Tournament

I reported him, and he was removed. He probably received a warning. He was mumbling about how he was wanting a battle and he had a Mega Blastoise

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Wait, a move that hits abomnabsnow. Super effectively from an all out special attack Gengar didn't defeat it, but it even healed up all the way and attacked twice in one turn afterwards

Remember, this isn’t like the game. Pokemon are living creatures and can keep fighting. Even if they take a good deal of damage. There wouldn’t be one shot after one shot.

Also, even in game, he would heal 1/8 hp. Also, Gengar would take damage from hail. But I said he healed some damage from the attack. Or maybe I said most, but if so, I'm editing now.

Gengar simply walked forward, not worrying about em the earthquake seemingly Unhurt by the earth shattering attack. It seemed more worried about the hail, which was getting his already low health even lower.

Shen seemed more uneasy about the earthquake than Gengar was, trying to get a balance back. "He has levitate, never trying getting a ghost type with a earth move! Gengar! Do a last ditch attack!"

Gengar charged up a focus blast on the big mamoth Pokemon, being a Ice ground type it sure to do a lot of damage. It hurled the the focus blast while it was quaking the ground.
actually no he doesn't, Gengar no longer has levitate as an ability starting in gen 7

Huh? Yet my submission was allowed for my team, including the ability for him to have levitate. Since it was accepted during my character bio and that it had the ability, I'd imagine it would be allowed

I can't make the final decision here but I'll offer my probably unwanted opinion. Yes Gengar did have levitate taken away from it (Tragic really) in the games but it still has the ability to float in the anime. Therefore surely it can avoid a ground based attack? Although I also understand that Koopa would be a little annoyed about this as the game does state Gengar can get hit by a ground attack.

Trainer Info
Name: Shen
Height: *Optional
Physical Appearance: white, slender, flexible
Clothing: dark black hoodie, black pants and a purple shirt under the hoodie.
Personality: Cunning, sneaky, mechevious.
Skills: Specialized training, levels of tactics
Strengths: naive a opponet's of obvious ones
Weaknesses: brutal force
Goal: to become the next ghost type gym leader in Sinnoh, perhaps the champion.
Relationships:
Fantina: her nephew, she is the woman who inspired him to become a great ghost type gym leader
Backstory: Under Fantina's wing for years, as her nephew. After these years, he decided to embark on his own to become the best gym leader of all time and to replace her as gym leader. He became powerful and decided to look for more, engaging in tournaments to prove his strength. He with Sableye at his side got into many eventful situations...and often troublesome ones

Pokemon Info
Name: Sableye
Species: Sableye
Ability: keen eye

Species: Golurk

Species: Frosslass
Ability: cursed body

Species: Gengar
Ability: levitate

Species: Spiritomb
Ability: pressure

Species: Rotom
Ability:levitate

And here’s mine. By the way, do I have permission to have a mega for Sableye?

Actually it's right here

First off, I’d like to mention that me not catching that, is my fault, and Gengar doesn’t have the ability Levitate. Also, think of why Levitate makes it so they are immune to Ground Type Moves. Because he floats above the ground. So in that sense, if Gengar (or any Pokemon) is floating then it would stand to reason that they are immune to the attack. But with the fact that Gengar walked forward, that will not work. Levitate is pretty much saying that the Pokemon always floats. Gengar can do both, so it is depending on his position. Since he is on the ground he would be able to get hit by the Attack. This is empazised with how you’ve been battling with Gengar, with a staying in the ground and using your strength strategy.

This all ties into what I mentioned earlier, about how these battles are different from the games. There are more factors than the ones on the pixel screen. You have to think about the physical attributes, Pokedex entries, and physicology of the Pokemon too, as they are vital.

In that case, would it be safe to assume that a Pokemon like Magnezone would be immune to ground type moves even without levitate?

True, but I assumed that since he's was a ghost type and that he was practically in a phased state, like he was just a physcial manifestation, explaining his extremely light weight. Like, it's the equivalent of casting a shadow and expecting an earthquake to effect it. That's what I thought. Kind of like how normal types don't effect them either, since I imagine that would phase through a ghost, Same with fighting tyoes and in this case, ground

Yeah man that just isn't how ghost types work. I mean why make dragon immune to fairy? It doesn't actually make any sense, its just how Pokémon works and you have to roll with it. Ghost types have an immunity to normal and fighting moves because it goes through them which kinda makes sense until you realise that all physical moves with an element can hit them. Even rock which is just like chucking a stone at them. So you have to take it all with a hint of salt and probably just have to pretend that somehow ghost types can only phase through normal and fighting type moves. Even the special ones which is just a whole other load of weirdness I'm sure nobody wants to get into.

In the anime, people and Pokemon phase through him. He can even phase through walls and the ground. So if he can phase through the ground, then what makes the ground a feasible weapon against him?

The reasoning would be, is that they way you were battling, Gengar was already phased into a solid form. Now how you were battling, with a full frontal, ground assault, the furious offense, leaving you in a physical state, and easier to hit with a Ground Type Attack. You’ve ebeen implying that his form is physical. Not to mention he has a physical form, which is his main form to be in, Battles need to be fair. I’ve noticed that you’ve been dodging every attack, which again, isn’t very fair. Please keep things a more fair battle for both sides.

And in the anime, Ash won a battle by striking his pokemon with a thunderbolt and proceded to attack using a Pikachu on Tallow to beat a psychic gym. Not to mention, Ash beating an Onix with another Thunderbolt.

Name: Angelia "Angel" Shayton
Ethnicity: French
Height: 5'4" (1.62 m)
Weight: Thinks she's 130 lbs (59.0 kg), but is actually 110 lbs (50.0 kg).
Physical Appearance: Has pitch-black, mid-back hair with a white streak she bleached on her bangs. She has pitch-black eyes, and her skin is a little pale. She has dark circles from not sleeping very well. Her skin has a rare pigment disorder, which causes her cells/proteins/whatever in charge of the color of her skin to die, making her seem paler than what she really is. If her pigments didn't have this disorder, she'll be as dark as the natives from Alola. She is also quite fit, having a toned body due to her hobby, but still underweight and skinny.
Clothing: She wears a black, poofy dress, with poofy shoulders and white frills at the end of the shoulder-length cuffs and the bottom of the dress. Her dress has a bit of a high collar. She wears transparent, black tights and has a purse with little crystals all over the seams and the ends of the zippers. Her shoes are black and look like they hurt a little, but she doesn't show that it hurts her or anything. Her shoes also have tap dancing soles nailed to them.
Her dance clothes are skin tight. For this set, she has a black spandex suit that covers the entire length of her arms, legs, and her torso, save for some designer holes that show off her belly button and her shoulders. From her left shoulder down to her right side is a wave of sparkles, similar to something seen on ice skaters.
Personality: Even though she is 35 years old, her mental age is closer aligned with the people who are about to graduate from high schools (18-19 year olds) and sometimes even younger. She is very immature and very naive, but becomes a savage during battle. She is very kind, selfless and caring to all who meet her, which can become quite bad for her when they begin to use her sweetness for their own selfish needs. She is always tired, but tries not to show this, but her body language shows. She slouches when sitting, and yawns a lot. Those dark circles under her eyes are from a lack of sleep, but there is more to it. She has chronic insomnia, which causes her to hallucinate slightly when awake, have trouble staying awake, be delirious at times throughout the day and not be able to remember what happens sometimes, and her Pokemon have begun training themselves because she always sleeps when she is trying to train them herself. Since her Pokemon are already very able in battle, they can battle when Angel is too busy sleeping standing up. Because of this, she can be quite clumsy.
Her mentality will be explained: There was a time in her life when something bad happened to her, which caused her slow development of her behavior. The reason why she took classes in psychology was to understand why she was so immature and what trauma could have done this to her.
Her deliriousness can cause her to become quite.... Scary when someone makes her angry. Since her mentality is strained, she could instantly snap and she would be as cruel as her Pokemon. She hates this side of her, so she keeps it locked away, even going as far as making her fall asleep during an angering confrontation.
Skills: She taught people how to dance in the different towns of Kalos, and her mother taught her how to bake and create medicinal remedies. These remedies are actually just paste that heal various status conditions and heal the Pokemon's body itself. She also took some classes in psychology and will understand the motives behind why a person does things the way they do, even if it is unwarranted. She can effectively play with the minds of others, all she has to do is interact with them before she battles.
Strengths: She knows all about those Dark- and Fairy-Types, and knows all about those medicinal herbs used in her remedies. She had also taught her Pokemon how to dance, so they may more effectively dodge attacks and with flair, as well as use attacks in a more unique way, making them more or less unpredictable. She also has a mental metronome in her head, and she's able to dance to the beat of it, even without music. Her Pokemon are able to pick this up and will dance in sync with her, even without looking. They each have a set dance routine they do, and she caters to each one's body type, dancing as if she were the Pokemon. This syncing of their dance is all for aesthetic, as it holds no real benefit if they do sync up their dance. She even knows a great deal of the physiology of most Pokemon, due to her mother teaching her after she got done with nursing school. She taught her Pokemon where to hit, especially with Ghost-Types, but beyond their physiology, she won't remember what attacks, abilities, or anything else about the Pokemon.
Weaknesses: She doesn't know or hardly knows anything about any other type of Pokemon. This leads her at a disadvantage. The only things she knows are what type is weak/resists/immune to Dark and Fairy attack and what weaknesses/resistances/immunities a Dark- or Fairy-Type Pokemon have. She may remember something from long time ago, but her memory is quite horrible due to her sleep deprivation. It's not like she doesn't know about types, she just doesn't remember what Pokemon or move are which types are or not, and she even forgets about abilities.
Goal: To become the Kalos Queen or a Trial Captain in Alola. Also to spread her knowledge and understanding of her type proficiencies and to catch all the Dark- and Fairy-Types (barring legendaries).
Relationships: Lydia (Mother; albino; alive), Drake (Father; alive), Anton (Childhood friend and rival; alive), Michael (Childhood rival; alive).
Backstory: She got her Zorro when he was just a Zorua at the age of 7, when he hitched a plane ride her and her mother took from Kalos to Alola. Zorro was a mute boy, playing with Angel before their departure, and felt saddened by their disappearance, so he followed them. Angel's father couldn't come to Alola, since he had to stay in Kalos to deal with the Silph Co.'s dealings and sales from that region. She also used to identify herself as those Fairy Tale Girls in Kalos, those girls who are in the Laverre City Gym, and around Laverre City, whose teams are filled with Fairy-Types and say weird stuff. She became more levelheaded in Alola, spending more time with Dark-Types. She then began her journey at the age of 10 in Alola, receiving her first starter from Hala: Popplio. She also received a Pokemon egg, that later hatched into a Togepi halfway through her adventure on the first island. After walking around, she found a hurt Litten and nursed it back to health with the knowledge of her medicinal remedies. She then captured Mimikyu after beating her first grand trial, after her Litten and Popplio evolved. She then went to the last island and didn't complete the trials there, as she was wanting to go to Kalos instead. With most of her team fleshed out, with her fully evolved Popplio, Litten, Togepi, and Zorua, she found a Froakie hopping away from Professor Sycamore in Lumiose City. She captured him with her Luxury Ball and kept him, but he can be quite defiant at times. It took her and Froakie a good long year to fully appreciate and respect each other, and for Froakie, now a Greninja, to dance a little bit when battling.

She is now wanting to compete in tournaments to see how much she has to grow in terms of teaching her Pokemon other moves and skills.

Pokemon:
Name: Félin
Species: Incineroar
Ability: Blaze

Name: Quaju
Species: Greninja
Ability: Torrent

Name: Zorro
Species: Zoroark
Ability: Illusion

Name: Oratora
Species: Primarina
Ability: Liquid Voice (or Moist Voice as roughly translated from Japanese XD)

Name: Mimi
Species: Mimikyu
Ability: Disguise

Name: Togetoge
Species: Togekiss
Ability: Serene Grace

Interesting facts about her Pokemon:
Zorro's Illusion ability gets into more detail than simply making himself look like the Pokemon in the last slot of the party, as in he can create objects and turn the whole field what he wants for a background. He's also the most mentally strained Pokemon on Angel's team, going into a rage when hurt enough and his instincts flaring up once in a while. He doesn't get more powerful or more accurate, he just gets more brutal.

Quaju and Oratora are the only Pokemon who will go against what Angel commands or will act on their own in a battle. Oratora can also read sheet music and, with her understanding of the human language, use her bubbles to communicate to people.

Félin is the only Pokemon who would actively hunt other people's Pokemon if he were to be hungry enough.

Togetoge is the sweetest and the most scariest Pokemon on her team, her face actually becoming distorted when she wants to make herself look scary.

Mimikyu is the only Pokemon actually willing to strip a human of their clothes, just to take them and add them to their collection.

All of her Pokemon are at least a few inches taller than the average, as they've been with Angel for the majority of her life. List of her Pokemon's height:

Average Incineroar = 5'11" (1.80 m)
Félin = 6'02" (1.88 m)

Average Greninja = 4'11" (1.50 m)
Quaju = 5'02" (1.57 m)

Average Primarina = 5'11" (1.80 m)
Oratora = 6'05" (1.95 m)

Average Mimikyu = 0'08" (0.20 m)
Mimi = 1'00" (0.30 m)

Average Zoroark = 5'03" (1.60 m)
Zorro = 5'07" (1.70 m)

Average Togekiss = 4'11" (1.50 m)
Togetoge = 5'05" (1.65 m)

This character has been used before in another RP. If you wish to see this character in action and learn a little bit about her, visit this RP thread and read my posts: https://pokecharms.com/threads/pokemon-coliseum-rp.17061/

Note that the character I'm using in this RP has been revised, so not all the information I put on the other RP thread about this character will match up with the one here. Think of it as some alternate universe character of my character.

Last edited: