• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokemon Festival

Sonjo clapped with great intensity as well. That match was almost as heated as his and Carrie's. When Ben approached, Sonjo gave him a friendly punch in the shoulder. "Great battle, Ben! Can't wait for our battle!" he jeered. " It should be tough!"

Then he turned back to Carrie. "Yeah, that'd be fine."

Carrie led the way to the Pokemon Center, and Nurse Joy spared them a hello as they arrived.

She chose a seat out of the way and against the wall, toying with the bolt charm around her neck.

"What are we going to do about it?" She asked quietly after a moment's silence, the rumor weighing heavily on her mind.

((OOC: k, this is my last post of the night, so dont get to far ahead pls))

20 min. later, Ben had met up with Carrie and Sonjo.
"I guess I should explain about Rose. You see, a year or so ago she was my girlfriend. And a year or so ago, we broke up after a fight about somthing so stupid that neither of us can remember what it was. Anyway, I talked to her and we made plans for tonight. Anyway, enough about me. Sorry if I interupted somthing."

Carrie waved the concern away dismissively. "Don't worry about it. It's not a big deal, anyhow. So, you looking forward to our match? I never got to congratulate your partner on your victory, either. Where'd he go off to?"

-Before Ben Came-

"I think we should head to Johto... To see if it really is the truth." Sonjo fiddled with his headband, to help take his mind off of worrying. "Though, I must admit, it's going to be rather... nerve-racking."

-When Ben Came-

The young trainer nodded. "It's fine. There was plently of time to take a break after all." Sonjo sighed, and he stood up, looking at the time on his Poketch. It read 8:52. He looked at Carrie's and Ben's general direction. "I don't mean to be rude, but do you think we should start heading back?"

Carrie nodded and stood, stretching before she headed for the exit. As the group walked back to the stage she fell back a bit, in order to be next to Sonjo.

"Yeah, I think we should head over to Johto, just to find out if it's true." She eyed Ben. "Should we take him along? He might like the scenery."

Sonjo kept his pace, in order to stay slightly behind Ben. His eyes became half-closed, as he answered with "It couldn't hurt anything. Besides, it would be great to have company whilst travling." Realising this himself, Sonjo felt relived. Though, he had to start to shift gears to 'battle-mode'; seeing as their match was comming up quick.

Carrie had already begun shifting gears herself, and as the stage came back into view adrenaline pumped rapidly through her veins.

The audience gave way to let them pass, and Ben's partner was already waiting by the stage for them to arrive. He raised a solitary hand in greeting before jumping onto the stage, not waiting for the intercom to announce the battle.

"And this is it, folks, the Semi-Finals! For this match we have Sonjo from Oldale Town and Carrie from Pallet Town against Ben of Sandgem and Jack from Azalea Town! Who will come out on top of what is to be one of the hottest Pokemon battles of the summer?"

Carrie rolled her eyes and joined Jack on the stage, waiting for Sonjo to get a move on.

Sonjo returned Combusken to his pokeball, planning to use him in the battle later in. Doing this, he calmly took his place on the stage, possitioned next to Carrie. Sonjo smirked to himself, setting his aim on victory.

((OOC: Hi guys! sry i am so late. anyway, who will win the match? if u guys want to that is ok, but on one condition: i fight carrie))

Ben Joined Jack on stage, his heart racing. He knew that it was going to be tough fighting Carrie. In fact, he knew he was probbably going to lose. But he knew it couldn't be a pathedic loss, because then what would Rose think of him?

((OC: *Laughs at poor Sonjo* Heh, he wanted to fight you and stick me with fighting Jack. :p He'll be on soon, if he isn't already, but I'm fine with fighting you, and I don't care if we win.))

Carrie grinned at Ben, hand already moving to her belt.

"Good luck, Ben. Give me a good, hard fight!"

Carrie grabbed a Pokeball from the right side of her belt and tossed it into the air, releasing a giant, lizard-like Pokemon.

"Go, Charles!"

The Charizard flapped his wings as he settled on the stage, breathing out a thick, molten plume of fire as he faced Ben.

((OC: Looks like you're stuck fighting Jack, Sonjo. His Pokemon's attacks can be found at Psypoke. Best reference site there is.))

"Don't you worry, this match will be great! Go Bastiodon! Use sandstorm!"

Immediatly a enormus sandstorm started whirling around stage.

((OOC: Because I used sandstorm, it might be good if Jack uses steelix))

((OC: That's Sonjo's decision, not mine.))

Carrie let a vicious smirk settle across her face. She had known Ben would start out with Bastiodon.

"Charlie, use Flamethrower! Melt that sand!"

Charles did as instructed, letting a great burst of flame erupt from his mouth. It hurtled towards the center of the sandstorm, melting the grains of sand as it passed into large chuncks of molten rock. The flamethrower cut through the storm and came straight at Bastiodon.

"Bastiodon! Dodge it and use rock tomb!"

Bastiodon managed to avoid only a little of the attack as it was slow. The flamethrower did a fair amount of dammage.
Then, six boulders came surounding charizard.

Carrie grimaced. There was no way he could dodge that attack.

"Charles, use Smokescreen!"

Thick, black smoke unfurled around the stage, blocking everything from sight. Roars of pain stood out sharply from the black mess, and after a moment Carrie called out, "Charles, use Seismic Toss!"

Charles came flying out of the smoke, struggling to stay in the air. It was obvious his wings had taken a beating. Charles grabbed Bastiodon by its broad face, straining his muscles to bring the heavy Pokemon into the air. The Bastiodon certainly struggled, and with a roar of exertion Charles pushed Bastiodon back towards the earth. At the same time his wings gave out, and he came crashing to the stage. He stumbled to his feet, wings temporarily useless.

Carrie gritted her teeth. Attacking from the air was Charles' specialty, and this was going to make fighting painful for the both of them. She leaned closer, hoping the move had finished the Bastiodon off, though somehow she doubted two hits were enough to take it down.

Ben knew that Bastiodon was OK, but had definatly taken a good beating. He also knew that if Bastiodon pulled in enough power for the next move, Charles would faint. However, Bastiodon was on the edge, and if the attack missed, well..... he didn't want to think about it.

"Bastiodon! Use stone edge now while charizard is on the ground!"

Carrie swore loudly as the attack powered towards Charles. She would only ever have one shot at this...

"Charles, use Fire Blast, full power!"

Charles breathed in deeply. Fire erupted from his nostrils, and within moments a great spurt of white-hot flame seared out of his mouth, the wave at least as tall as he was and just as wide. Carrie hoped it would be enough to stave off the oncoming attack.

"Alright, it's my turn to jump in! Go, Gallade!" Sonjo threw the pokeball on stage, and immediately released the wise-fighter known as Gallade. He waited for Jack to send out his pokemon with enticipation.

((OOC:am i supposed to controll jack? ??? ))

Ben looked with anticipation. But it was clear, both attacks hit at the same time. Bastiodon fainted. But what of Charizard? He couldn't see through the smoke.

((OC: Apparently, unless Sonjo wants to control him.))

Carrie felt her heartstrings pluck painfully when she saw that Charles had fainted as well. She recalled him, and apologized to his Pokeball. She pulled another identical ball from her belt--the left side, this time--and tossed it into the air.

"Go, Raichu!"

The rotund mouse Pokemon appeared in a flash of light, immediately taking up a boxing stance.

'Hmm' thought Ben. 'Considering it has to see its target to use those punches, I might be best using Rotom.
Besides, even if the raichu didthrow a punch at it, it would go right through.'
"Go Rotom!" Ben yelled as he threw the pokeball. There was a flash of light from the pokeball, but it seemed like nothing was there. Ben just smirked. He knew Rotom was there.

Carrie allowed a small smile to creep across her face.

"I knew you'd use Rotom if I chose Rai." She looked up, giving a grin to her Pokemon. "Let's start this off with a bang!"

"Raichu, use Flash!"

Carrie precipitately shielded her eyes as a blinding light filled the stadium. She figured Rotom had been affected as well.

"Raichu, combine Detect with Agility!"

Raichu glowed a pure orange for a brief moment, her eyes closed as she focused inwards. A moment later, as the bright light was just beginning to fade, her head snapped to the right side of the stage and she swept towards it, blurring with the speed of her motion.

"Use Discharge!"

A huge, paralyzing electric field charged around Raichu and spread out, reaching at least ten feet away from her.

---
((OC: I'll control Jack.))

Jack eyed the Gallade for a moment before sending a Pokeball flying into the air.

"Let's go, Meganium!"

The large green Pokemon emerged with a happy cry, snorting out and eying Gallade with a challenge.

"Meganium, use Magic Leaf!"

A move akin to Razor Leaf was sent hurtling towards Gallade, and Jack felt satisfied. Magic Leaf was a move that, like Swift, never missed it's target.

The magical leaf connected, and Gallade took the hit. Luckily, Sonjo had a plan already in motion. "Gallade, counter with Aerial Ace!" Hearing his command, Gallade regained his ground, and lept into the air, and came down with a fist heading for Meganium. Sonjo met Jack's move, for his was incredibly fast, and never miss its mark

Jack grit his teeth as Meganium took the hit. Flying moves were super effective against Meganium, and he knew too many hits like that and he was finished.

He had no choice. "Meganium, power up! You know what to use!"

Meganium nodded and braced itself against the ground, the petals around its neck beginning to glow brightly.

((OOC: whoa! if u can do that then expect somthin good from rotom!))

Ben was truly stunned by the speed of raichu. In fact, he wasn't sure how it had effected Rotom. But he wasn't worried.

"Rotom! Use agility combined with charge! Use extra power from the stage to Charge!"

Though no one else noticed, Rotom zipped in random places all over the stage. At the same time the stage lights flickerd.

"Now use thunder with the extra power from charge!"

((OC: Oh ho ho, you're making me pull out all the stops here!))

Carrie had a plan.

"Raichu, use Flash once more, and then combine Detect with Double Team!"

Carrie once again shielded her eyes from the blinding light, and knew that Raichu's doubles were all glowing with the power of Detect. Carrie, when she had first bought the TM, had wondered which Pokemon to use it on. Detect allowed a Pokemon to avoid being hit once, which came in very, very handy.

"Now, use Light Screen!"

Carrie hoped it would work.

((OH, SNAP))

Sonjo was alerted, as he saw the opposing pokemon charging. He knew what was about to take place as soon as Jack gave the command. Crap, Solarbeam! I have to finish it quick or Gallade is a goner! "Quickly, Gallade! Use Psychic!" Gallade's eyes turned to a shade of blue, as he store at the opposing grass pokemon. The aura around it too began to glow blue, having it in Gallade's grasp. The psychic boxer then made a hand motion, suggeting that it might be throwing it aside. That same motion came into play, and the grass dinosaur was tossed back.

Meganium's Solar Beam shot off just as it was tossed back. The force of the move smashed Meganium into the ground, and the Grass Pokemon fainted. The Solar Beam still hurtled towards Gallade.

((OC: Detect combined with Double Team makes it so that each of the doubles can avoid being hit once--I assumed the Thunder was going to hit the entire stage. Light Screen cuts Special damage in half, in case it does hit Raichu. My actual goal here is to get Rotom to use up all of it's Electricity. Flash was just added to make it harder for Rotom to accurately hit Raichu. Interpret as you wish. Oh, and the OH SNAP had me cracking up. :p ))

The Solarbeam slammed into Gallade, sending it flying into a hard landing. Needless to say, Gallade was fainted, eyes spinning rapidly. Sonjo sent him back, and thanking him for a job well done.

Sonjo then reached back, knowing well who should be next. "Combusken, it's your turn to fight back!" The flash of light revealed Sonjo's favorite pokemon, the firey bird. He waited for his opponent to rear his pokemon onto the battle with excitement.

Jack sent out Corsola, who chirped happily as it emerged from its Pokeball.

"Corsola, use Spikes!"

Spikes scattered around the stage, waiting for someone whose feet weren't made of rocks (as Corsola's were) to step on them.

"Now, use Lucky Chant!"

Corsola began to chant in its odd, monosyllabic language.

((OC: Lucky Chant keeps Corsola from being crit for five 'turns' or attacks.))

Sonjo observed the newly-spread spikes on the feild. This would be tough, but nothing him and Combusken couldn't handle. His teeth clinched, as he gave the command "Combusken, Sky Uppercut!" The Fighting Bird Pokemon rushed up to Corsola, squinting it's eyes as it stomped on the spikes. But, payed it back with a leaping uppercut, shooting both of them into the air,

"Now, follow-up with Double Kick!" Combusken turned so its feet were facing Corsola, throwing the blows towards it.

"Corsola, Harden!"

Corsola glowed a brilliant white as its body toughened up, taking some damage from the blows but not enough to be worried about.

"Now, while he's close and in the air! Bubblebeam!"

Bubbles erupted in a spout from Corsola's mouth and shot towards Combusken. Jack figured the Pokemon might be able to dodge it, but if he did then Jack had a back-up plan.

((OC: Hint: Jack's using the same strategy he used against Rachel. Trust me, don't do what she did. It doesn't work.))

((OOC: last post of night for me, u guys can finish the jack vs sonjo battle but not my battle w/ carrie))

"$*!@# she's good!!" yelled Ben. That combination of moves reduced the amount damage that the attack should have done. Rotom was also definatly low on power. There was one thing Ben could do, it would be a cheap thing to do, but it would definatly turn the tables. He decided to go for it.

"Rotom! Drain as much electricity as you can from raichu!"

Sonjo gritted his teeth, as Comusken dodged the hit. They were still in close range, and heading towards to the Earth. There's only one option left... "Now, Combusken! Give it the best Flamethrower you have!" Combusken's eyes shimmered, as it took a deep inhale, and a blazing exhale.

((OC: *To Sonjo: Laughs maniacally* I knew you were going to do that. I told ya not to do what Rachel did...I don't want to lose Carrie's battling partner too quickly. Make up for it with the next Pokemon; well, at least it made Corsola faint. That was a strong Flamethrower. And goodnight, Ben.))

Jack smirked as the Flamethrower headed for Corsola.

'Just like with the girl,' He thought.

"Corsola, use Mirror Coat!"

Corsola glowed brightly as the Flamethrower connected, and with effort the coral Pokemon pushed back on it. It took an incredible amount of damage, but sent an equal amount rocketing back at Combusken. Corsola collided with the ground with a crash, revealing swirly eyes.

Jack 'feh'd and recalled Corsola, waiting to see what became of his opponent's Combusken.

---

Carrie grimaced as the electricity surrounding Raichu started to be drained. There was only one thing Raichu could do, and she wasn't very fond of the idea. Carrie ordered Raichu to wait, and after a moment of looking around Carrie pinpointed Rotom's location.

Across the stage, around a microscopic point all of Raichu's electricity began to gather. Carrie pointed to it.

"Alright Raichu, last attack, let's go! Start with Flash and charge 'em!"

For the third time Carrie shielded her eyes from the flash, and knew that Raichu was currently homing in on Rotom's spot. The electricity was a dead giveaway.

"Alright, Raichu, finish it with Iron Tail!"

Raichu's long, thin tail whipped about and stiffened into a rock-hard whip as it glowed, and Raichu spun about at incredible speeds as she reached Rotom's location. The tail whistled down upon the tiny Pokemon, and Carrie crossed her fingers and hoped.

((It was either that, or use Blaze Kick. I hate being repetitive. :p ))

Sonjo's loyal Comusken went backward, being crushed into the ground infront of him. He had fainted. As Sonjo's cursed at himself for not thinking ahead, he sent him back and apologized at his spherical home. As for the battle, he knew what his last pokemon had to be. "Go Kadabra!"

Jack grinned.

"A Kadabra, huh? I know just who to use. Go, Heracross!"

Heracross emerged with a cry, staring down the Kadabra and rearing to go.

"Let's start off with Night Slash!"

Heracross charged Kadabra, claws glowing a dark purple.

((OC: Night Slash is a Dark move with a recorded high critical hit ratio. Do something fast so that Kadabra can dodge!))

Sonjo's eyes widen, as he sighted the dark move heading straight for Kadabra. "Quick, Protect!" As soon as his words were sounded, Kadabra enshrouded herself in a blue wall of light. The move was negated succesfully.

"Now, counter with Psychic!" The Psy pokemon maded the same set of movements as Gallade did previously. Kadabra threw the fighting bug aside.

((OC: Ah, ah, ah... ;D ))

Jack saw that the Kadabra used Protect and smirked.

"Heracross, use Feint!"

The move allowed Heracross to dodge the Psychic blast and move in under Kadabra's barriers, the Night Slash still keening towards the Psychic Pokemon.

((OC: Feint: Allows a Pokemon to bypass the Protection of Protect and Detect. Raichu also has this move.))

Sonjo grinned, the Heracross was in range and unable to escape his next move. "Now, Kadabra! Hypnosis!" The Kadabra used her spoon as the pedalum. It shifted in the hand of the pokemon, going from back to fourth, sending waves of sleep inducing waves at the Heracross, putting it to sleep.

"Now, Dream eater!"