• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokémon College- “Be whatever you want to be!”

(Riolufan this is an open role play you do not need an approval as long as you leave the form) Noibat was hit by the cosmic power then Lime called out “Iron tail! Quick!” Lime knew that steel was good against fairy and got noibat to learn it from a move tutor so he could deal with fairy types. Noibat’s tail turned silver and swung at the Clefairy.

Last edited:
Atty watched as her Clefable was hit, the Fairy luckily tanking the hit due to the Cosmic Power from the first turn. "Iron Tail, huh? Not bad!" Although a good chunk of her health was depleted, she could still go on in the fight. "Return fire with a Moonblast!" She called out her command, watching her Pokemon raise her arms and get into attacking position.

"-Fable!" Moonbeam trilled, arms held high as she collected energy, swinging down and sending a large blast of concentrated lunar energy at Lime's Noibat.

“Noibat dodge!” Noibat tried to dodge but was too late as he was hit by the moonblast. He could feel that he was close to fainting but held on. “Aerial ace!” Lime yelled as he knew it could not miss. Noibat nodded and used it’s wings to hit the clefable. “Now screech!”

Moonbeam faltered as she was hit both with Aerial Ace and a Screech, tugging on her ears as the noise hit. Atty carefully considered her options, calling out to her Pokemon amidst the chaos. "Moonbeam! Use Sing!"

The Clefable blinked, shaking her head and concentrating back on the battle. She began to let out a melodious tune, and with the close range that Lime's Noibat had put itself in, Sing would be a good counter.

“Quick! Chesto berry!” Lime yelled and Noibat ate the Chesto berry. “Now it’s defense is lowered use supersonic!” Noivern sent a low speed beam to the clefable hoping it would hit considering it has a 45% chance to miss and it would be great if it was confused.

"Quick, dodge that!" Atty guided her Pokemon, the Clefable sensing the attack as well and getting out of the way in time before the soundwaves could hit. Moonbeam could still take one or two more hits, but she was growing weaker. "C'mon, let's finish this with one more Moonblast!"

As before, Moonbeam raised her arms to collect power, sending another orb of lunar energy towards the Noibat. She stood her ground though, prepared if it were to miss, ready to counter just incase the Noibat would try another Iron Tail.

Zachariah shook his head at Aurora " I didn't get tired of being an executive, how could I? Unlike most people here, I am actually successful. While they waste their time hoping their lives have some sort of meaning someday, I'm off actually accomplishing something. I'm here merely to learn all I can." he paused when he was asked what Aether was " we used to be a company that freed Pokemon from abusive trainers and offered rehab. While we still help Pokemon, I have shut down our rehab facilities due to utter disgust. Why should we help the weaklings of society? Let them suffer for their entire lives, that's what they get for being weak. Now we seek to help the working class, people who actually deserve to be apart of humanity. I grew sick of helping fools that can't go an hour without turning to some form of substance. We were losing money helping those parasites. Millions of dollars a year were flushed down the drain. So the Aether Foundation now helps abused Pokemon, helps make people's jobs more stable, offers all kinds of insurance and our main attraction in our professional battling league." He eyed her coldly " if you wish to refuse the money, you can. It'd be a stupid thing to do but it's your choice. Although, I would prefer it if you utterly decimated him, beat him worse than he ever has before. Understood?"

Noibat was hit by th moon last and crashed down to the floor making a crater following an explosion of dirt and dust. Noibat fainted. “So are we doing a one on One or a three on three? Or a two on two?” Lime asked.

"Three on three," Atty nodded, relieved that the first round was over. She called Moonbeam back to her Dusk Ball, proud of her Pokemon for pulling through. "Take a rest, you earned it." She turned back, now having to pick between her Altaria and Weavile as to who was next. "Alright, Marzipan, you're up."

The Altaria chirped, determined as she unfolded her fluffy wings and drifted onto the field, hovering a couple feet above the ground. Atty looked over past her Pokemon, towards Lime. "Who are you picking next?"

"I will gladly take the money, and battle the Bulbasaur guy, however I will not accept your contract to be a professional battler, as I believe that battling should not need any licensing," Aurora calmly negotiated, "I do not believe you are a bad guy, you must have had experiences to be talking like that. My experiences led me by a different path - not that I can speak of any success but nonetheless, I am at a prestigious college, studying what I enjoy and am offered 1.5 milliom for somthing I would do for free!" Aurora took out the Pokeball with her Glaceon, "Should the spectacle begin?" Aurora asked, looking for the Bulbasaur trainer.

“I wonder where Aurora went?” Lime thought. “It doesn’t matter I’m in the middle of a battle” his other side thought. Lime is a bit split in his head making it hard for him to make decisions but also easier to talk to himself. “ but she is my rival” he said in his head, still thinking. “ But right now Atty is my rival” thinking while taking very long.

Aurora, wondering where the Bulbasaur trainer went (OOC: I Think he is gone) looked at Lime's battle with Atty, and cheered for both of her friends: "Let's go, show me how you battle! First round was beautiful, I want more!" She thought that these friends will be for life, and looking at the battle in front of her, it looks like their road together will be very joyous. "I'll treat you to home made chilli sauce after this!" Aurora chanted in order to motivate the two combatants.

Looking at his Bulbasaur Mark sighed and decided to man up and fight aurora, walking up to aurora he said"ill do it ill fight you"He challenged.He knew he would get maced instantly but he had to try, any fight would be good training for Bulbasaur.At the same time he looked over at the new student that had just showed up "I don't mean to be rude the break bell just rang so we still have some time just relax"Mark said to the boy as he understood his first day anxiety. Looking back at the fight Mark sat down and watched eating his lunch.

CHARACTER SHEET:

Name: Destiny
Appearance: As she's very rich, she usually wears something fancy. But her usual wearings are a simple white sunhat with a purple bow wrapped around it, it comes with a long white dress with the same purple bow wrapped around her waist. She wears purple high socks, along with purple ballerina shoes.
Pokemon: Comfey, Tsareena, Petilil
Personality: She's very nervous and anxious a lot, and is completely SELF DEPRECATING. However, she is overall a nice person and is afraid to say anything mean even to someone she dislikes. She is intelligent and takes in Pokemon who cant take care of their selves, and setting them free after they have been nursed to full health.
Studying: She studies Grass and Fairy types, but mostly Grass types.
Other: She is advanced in medical care.

" very well, if you do not want the contract I shall give it to someone who does. I shall remain here and observe the match" Zachariah said although his eyebrow raised when Aurora said she didn't think him as a bad person. Zachariah smirked " oh you couldn't be more wrong" he said " I'll freely admit I'm one of the worst people you can meet. It's not that I don't care for people, I just would rather crush them if it means I'll get ahead. After all, I ruined my former best friend's life just to get this job after using him for nearly ten years. It may be cut throat but I learned from a young age you can only trust yourself in this world."

Aurora responded to Zachariah with a cool smile: "At least you learned something, this already makes you a better person than other people. Moreover, there are people who ruin people's lives not to get ahead, but to pull that person down with them into the dirt. These are bad people. And despite us completely disagreeing on life, as I have received other lessons in this relatively short time span which even make me think that you are not as bad of a person as you want to be, I sincerely see you as someone who deserves respect. Maybe someday we will see eye to eye and now enjoy the battle."

Aurora then turned to Mark, who has bravely approached her despite knowing the Bulbasaur's clear disadvantage against her Pokemon. Her competitive spirit lit up, she has fixed her hair and scarf and approached Mark: "Hello Mark, your Bulbasaur has really annoyed this gloomy fellow over there," Aurora let out a quick sincere laugh, "I am really excited to battle you and do not think in any way bad of me, please. I would battle you and have fun any day of the week - with money or without, I love battles with all my heart and I am sure you do to! So, I am ready, as you are fighting with Bulbasaur, your strongest Pokemon I believe, I will be fighting with my strongest!" Aurora has sent out her majestic Glaceon, which exerted a slightly cool aura making Aurora shiver as despite being from Snowpoint, and being naturally good with Ice Type Pokemon she ironically hated the cold.

CHARACTER SHEET:

Name:
Tyler

Appearance:
Tyler is a very tall and skinny young man - about 19 or so - with extremely pale skin. He wears jeans and a custom denim jacket he sewed himself; it has long tails on it, much like a waistcoat's. He wears a pale pink bandanna around his neck, a white eyepatch, and a blue headband. He has midlength blonde hair, and blue eyes. He's never seen without a sewing kit in case of fashion emergency, which he carries with his Pokeballs in one of those supremely awkward waistbags commonly reserved for dog walkers. (He often grumbles about how it ruins his look.)

Pokemon: Furfrou, Shiny Furfrou

Personality:
Tyler dislikes Pokemon, and honestly wishes he didn't have to go to a place where everyone loves them. However, he really enjoys sewing and clothing designs, and can see the best way to make a living out of it is to design clothing for not only people, but Pokemon as well. As such, while he tries to steer well clear of Pokemon, he isn't going to insult anyone to their face unless provoked - he's here to do his thing, they're here to do theirs. While he can get quite withdrawn and standoffish around people very enthusiastic about Pokemon, he's willing to at least get along in group projects and the like.

Normally, someone like Tyler wouldn't be welcome at the college for obvious reasons - he's certainly never caught a Pokemon before - but his mother has insisted he study Pokemon grooming in addition to the fashion stuff, in the hope her son will come to enjoy the company of what he considers dangerous and unfriendly monsters, and bestowed him with a pair of Furfrou. Neither are trained at all, and have a habit of breaking out of their Pokeballs just to raucously greet people while Tyler yells helplessly at them.

...They are certainly not well-groomed.

Studying: Pokemon Grooming (supposedly), Fashion Contests

Other: Tyler's dislike of Pokemon ultimately stems from fear.

------
"Hey! Get back here!"

Once again, it seemed, one of Tyler's Furfrou had gotten away from him. The bouncy black ball of fur was at present running circles around the oval, which would be great but there were other people trying to have their lunch thanks very much. Students were getting trodden on left and right - if not by the runaway Pokemon, then by the unhappy 'trainer' chasing after it, a hairbrush clenched in his hand. Round and round they went, with little end in sight; the Furfrou clearly thinking this was a great game, Tyler trying to salvage what little remained of his reputation.

...Then the escapee found food in someone's bag! Oh, happy days. Tyler could really just have crawled into a corner and faded out of existence right there.

Last edited:
“Oh, there’s Aurora.” Lime stated. “Grovyle! Let’s go!” Lime let grovyle out of his ball knowing he had a type disadvantage. “let’s see what your altaria’s got!” He was taunting her to attack him eager to get the battle started.

Atty watched as Lime sent his Grovyle out, curious as to what he could be planning with the Grass type. "I'll be glad to show you!" Atty responded, playfully taunting back. "Marzipan! Cotton Guard!" Similar to her Clefable in the first round, Atty's direction was to bulk up and make her Pokemon tanky enough to withstand multiple hits.

Marzipan followed her trainer's command, fluffing up her wings and covering herself in thick, protective cotton. "Tari!" She chirped, her defense now drastically raised, able to withstand whatever could come her way.

“ you may have raised your defense but not your special defense!” Lime called out ready for his next move. “Grovyle, jump!” Grovyle jumped well over Altaria ready to attack from above. “Now Dragon breath!” Grovylw released a purple beam of energy going straight to Altaria about to land a super effective attack unless her altaria would be fast enough to lower grovyle’s accuracy.

"You're right about that, but I don't need to! Altarias have naturally high Special Defense stats, y'know." Atty grinned, watching as Marzipan took the hit. Her high Special Defense, plus the fact that Grovyles were more fitted for Physical attacking, showed through as she took the Dragon Breath in stride, still standing even after a super effective hit. However, she could still only take so much. "Now, Aerial Ace!"

Marzipan's wings began to glow with power, the birdmon soaring into his Grovyle with the attack, guarenteed to hit.

“Oh no! Grovyle! Use bide!” Grovels started storing energy and then took the hit. “ but I’ve trained my grovyle with lots of calcium, carbos and protein!” Lime was confident that his training with grovyle to fit his move set would work. “Plus I’ve Ev trained him quite a bit. Seeing that I want to be champion, especially beat the one dubbed invincible, I need to be strong and train my Pokémon to fit their move sets.” Lime said waiting for the altaria to strike again. He knew grovyle could withstand at least one more of any attack the Altaria could dish at him.

"That's pretty smart thinking," Atty nodded, listening to Lime explain his training. "I gotta hand it to you, not every trainer takes their time to extensively train their teams." Seeing this as her chance while his Grovyle was currently storing energy, Atty let Marzipan take a rest for the upcoming attack "Roost, now!"

Marzipan fluttered onto the ground, a soft glow emitting from her body as she healed herself back to full health, reverting most of the damage taken from the previous Dragon Breath.

Name:Koda
Appearance: USE WORDS TO DESCRIBE YOUR CHARACTERS. Using art that is not yours or was not drawn for you is strictly prohibited by our rules.
Pokemon: Lucario, Pikachu, Umbreon
Personality: Came from Kanto in search of more Pokemon, but came to this college for more training. (I guess. :V)
Studying:Evolution, Mega Evolution
Other:Loves training his Pokemon
Koda walked into the classroom, quiet with his Umbreon sticking it's head out of his zipper, as the trainer walked to his seat.

Last edited by a moderator:
The trainer looked at his Umbreon, lifting it out of his jacket as he waited for the class to start. "Man, this is boring.." He grumbled as he stared at the clock, but then started drawing a Pokemon in his notebook.

(( @BluPlayzYT - This is an open RP! You can join anytime, just start RPing. ))

"Hey! Get back here!"

Once again, it seemed, one of Tyler's Furfrou had gotten away from him. The bouncy black ball of fur was at present running circles around the oval, which would be great but there were other people trying to have their lunch thanks very much. Students were getting trodden on left and right - if not by the runaway Pokemon, then by the unhappy 'trainer' chasing after it, a hairbrush clenched in his hand. Round and round they went, with little end in sight; the Furfrou clearly thinking this was a great game, Tyler trying to salvage what little remained of his reputation.

...Then the escapee found food in someone's bag! Oh, happy days. Tyler could really just have crawled into a corner and faded out of existence right there.

...In other news, Tyler continued to get his dignity completely and utterly owned out on the oval, with no-one helping him whatsoever. Some just laughed; others were busy having battles here, and didn't appreciate the guy and his Furfrou running through their 'arena'. Tyler didn't know so many swear words existed, honestly.

Wow. What a great time he was having.

Last edited:
Blu Woke Up Excitingly To Study More Z-Moves "Another day for studying more z-moves!" Blu Got Dressed And Went Straight To A Library, Then Blu Found A Book About Z-Moves "Here it is!" Blu Reads All The Pages

“Grovyle! Release your energy!” Grovyle attacked with a big white beam of energy which should do quite a handful of damage. Somewhere around 240 damage. “If this hits we might win this,” Lime was thinking.