• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon Civilization

Submit your bios on this discussion thread and jump right in. (I don't need to accept you)

(This is slightly inspired by Civilization and this is only an idea at the moment.) :)
There is a World named Reanka, where it is inhabited by many cities and nations and ruled by Pokemon. In this land, you will either rule a kingdom, serve your royalty, fight for your nation or perhaps be an adventurer. In this is about the history of the nations being created with some of them conquering other kingdoms, making allies and spreading the peace. It is your choice to be aggressive, friendly, assertive, kind. You can either found a new City/Nation or be part of a current one.

Rules:
-Make sure you have read the Pokcharms rules.
-No one Liners
-You can have up to 3 characters. Anything more than that will get confusing.
-Make sure that you're not overpowered and make sure that everything good happens to your character. No one's perfect.
-Characters are allowed to die, if one of your characters die, then you can make another character.
-Make sure that your City is not impossible to take over. Some Kingdoms are military powers and some aren't You'll just have to live ith that.
*Note* You are allowed to do things like make alliances with other kingdoms, make peace treaties and even cause partnerships and take over kingdoms together.
-Romance is allowed, but keep it PG
-Mega Evolution and Z moves aren't allowed. Possibly will be allowed later in the RP maybe they get discovered by a scientist or a genius in someone's Civilization.
-No legendaries

Reanka is made up of two large continents and a lot of small islands littered around and in between those continents. You can also make your character the relative of a ruler in a kingdom if you want. Perhaps a prince or sibling of the ruler. Perhaps their spouse.
Also, you don't need permission to join, just submit your character/civilization bio and hop right in.

Hektor sat at a large table in his Castle. Other superiors of the Crimsonia Were sitting at this large table also and they were discussing the possibility of founding another city to and to the kingdom. "Perhaps we should consider conquering other cities to add to o-" One of the superiors said but got cut off by an outraged Hektor who sharply stood out of his seat. "Don't be ridiculous! We haven't even encountered another civilization. We shouldn't be starting wars for the hell of it!" Hektor yelled at the superior. The superior looked down at his fidgety hands as he dropped his head in shame after being so brutally denied. Granko sat beside Hektor and whispered to Hektor. "You need to calm down. Sit back down, before you start a fist fight with someone," Granko grabbed Hektor by his gauntlet and pulled him back down. Hektor huffed and placed his elbow on the table and supported his head on his hand.

"We should found a new city south of Henlow, since Langford is on the East," Gronk suggested. Everyone looked at each other and simultaneously nodded at each other in agreement with no objections. Hektor lifted his head as he calmed down and announced the name of the city. "We will call the city Clifton." Hektor said before dismissing the meeting. Hektor walked out of the meeting hall and walked out onto a balcony that overlooked the front of the Brickton Castle. Hektor crossed his arms and sighed as he looked at the statue of a Chesnaught, inscribed with "In memory of out noble king, Hektor I,"

Granko walked out onto the balcony also and stood beside Hektor. "You got a bit wound up there didn't you," Granko said as he also looked at the statue of Hektor I. "He made an absolutely stupid suggestion," Hektor said spitefully. "He did but...there was no need to destroy all of his dignity," Granko chuckled slightly. Hektor scoffed and rolled his eyes.

Out in front of the Brickton Castle walls, was an Ampharos named Briggie, who had a small corner shop that targeted to busy high street of Henlow. That part is always really busy since its located very close to the Brickton Castle and that attracts a lot of people who wants to see the Castle and if they're lucky, King Hektor II.

Briggie had just finished sorting out a customer buying the local newspaper. She said goodbye to the customer as they left the shop, making a bell go chime as they opened the door. Briggie then realized the newspapers that were across from the cashier counter, said that there is rumors about a new city being founded soon. "Ooo, I wonder what it will be like, or what it will be called," Briggie said intriguingly as she walked over to the newspapers and picked it up and read the article.

Foey walked into his lab, Another day, Another Coin, He Thought, At Least This Should Help People, He thought, His Tail Started to Slowly Form A Hand as he used it to grab a test Tube Of a Red Liquid
"Easy now. Easy. Easy. NO!" He said As He Nearly Dropped it, "Whew, That Was Close." He Poured it onto a plant, It took A Moment, but it exploded into red Dust, he said Shocked "Oh. my. Gosh. I MADE EXPLOSIVE LIQUID!" He did a Little Dance. Before putting the tube down, and working on more.

Emerald was walking around the hallway when he saw king Hektor standing on a balcony with Granko. The king looked quite upset so he decided to see if he could help with anything. He walked out onto the balcony and asked, "Is there anything I can do for you King Hektor?"

Meanwhile, in a dark in the high street was the deino who called himself night. He was looking at a small shop that didn't seem like it got much business. Which was exactly what he was looking for. He was planning on sneaking in and stealing whatever he could while the owner of the shop wasn't looking. He would have to be careful though, because of the fact that this was high street and he had quite the reputation. If anyone saw him and new who he was he'd be captured by guards for sure. Luckily his stealthiness was one of his greatest attributes. If he did this correctly he could have enough food to last him maybe a few days.

Hektor turned around as Emerald offered his assistance with anything. "Oh hey, Emerald. I'm good thanks," Hektor said, rejected Emerald's offer. Hektor leaned on the balcony rail and buried his head in his hands as he sighed. "Actually, there is one thing you could do," Granko said to emerald as he walked over to him. "Could you please go tell Foey, who's in his lab. That he should prepare whatever project he's been hyping up so much. I'll be there in two hours, so I want a presentation ready for me and the other Military superiors." Granko requested. Granko then went back inside leaving Hektor outside deep in thought.

Emerald listened very closely to what he wanted him to do. "Yes, sir," he said obediently. He then walked back into the hall and toward the lab where Foey worked. Emerald never really understood Foey or his strange experiments. But he did know that Foey was very smart and new what he was doing. He eventually got to the door and let himself in. "Um, excuse me sir," he said to Foey. Granko wants you to prepare that project you've been working on for a presentation."

Night looked into the window of the shop. The owner was reading a newspaper. This was the perfect time to strike. He put on his cloak so no one would recognize him and walked over to the door. He then opened it slowly and quietly so that the ampharos wouldn't hear him. He was confident that this would be a success.

Yugi carefully flow through the castle fast approaching foey's lab where he had planed to steal the chemical solution he had developed. The halls began to fade as he fast arrived at foey's personal labortory. "Hello foey, hand over the chemical and no one get's hurt," spoke Yugi "for stand before the mighty reaper, who might you be because if you get in my way you die."

Foey Looked Specifically at the Ninjask, he Pressed a button on his tail, It Activated a Spring, which Pushed the Ninjask out of the window, flying, He Looked at Emerald
"Right, I Just Got the Chemical Finished, I'll Just put it in a suitable Container." He Put It in a Ball Like Shaped Container, with a switch on it "I Call It EL, or Explosive liquid."

Briggie was unaware of Night entering her shop until the door opened so far that it triggered the bell to chime, saying that someone has entered. Briggie didn't turn to look at Night but continued to read the newspaper article. "Hiya, I'll be right with you in a second," She said as she continued to read the article, yet to see Night's appearance or find out his intentions.

Emerald looked at the glowing liquid almost hypnotized by it. "That sounds interesting," Emerald replied. "Is there anything you want me to do before I go?"

Now night was in the store. He didn't bother to close the door behind him. He walked over and quickly took a loaf of bread before running away. He ran right out the open door shutting it behind him, not caring whether she heard it or not. After years of stealing he new he should always close doors behind him so whoever he stole from can't catch up to him in case they run after him. Some looked at him but immediately after he left the store he began running.

Briggie sharply turned towards the door as it shut and she dropped the newspaper as she sprinted out the door, in pursuit. She hastily walked around and saw a shady looking character, with a cloak, sprinting off. "Help! Theif!" Briggie screamed. A Weavile Patroling Officer heard Briggie's cry and sprinted after the criminal. Weavile's are known to have tremendous speed and started to rapidly catch up to Night. "Stop Running! You're making this worse for yourself!" The Police Weavile yelled assertively at Night.

Night had much experience with running from police and was ready for this situation. He picked up a rock as he was running and hurled it at the weavile. "That should slow him down," he said chuckling, not caring about whether he got hurt or not.

Jake notice the growing city of to the south "that looks like a nice city" he said with a smile looking at the lights coming over the mountains he called for his adviser "can you go over to that city and see if me and there ruler can meet" the adviser got on a boat and set of on a overnight trip to henlow

The Weavile Policeman used night slash to cut the rock that was thrown at him. "That's it!" He roared as the space behind him started to glow immensely. He powered up a Quick Attack in order to catch up to Night. After minimising the distance to a meter between them, he leaped towards Night to tackle him to the ground.

A Wartortle urgently rushed into Brickton Castle, panting heavily. Granko heard the commotion and went over to the entrance. "What's the meaning of this?!" He asked assertively. "There's a ship heading to the harbour. *pant* They are not one of ours," The Wartortle explained. "Okay, thank you for the warning," Granko replied. Granko then jogged to Hektor who was unmoved on the balcony still. "Guess we've ran into another civilisation," Granko said calmly. Hektor turned to Granko with a raised eyebrow.

Granko and Hektor went to the Harbour alongside some guards and awaited the ship to dock.

Night, expecting the rock to hit, wasn't ready for the sudden attack. He had never been captured before and started to panic as the weavile tackled him to the ground. "Oh no this is very bad," he thought to himself. "Maybe they'll just give me a warning."

Jasmine jakes royal adviser waited for the boat to dock when it did she stepped out of the boat and bowed "I am king jakes royal adviser of the kingdom of ShenBen is happy to meet you"

Weavile pinned him to the ground and hand cuffed his arms together. He slanted his head to talk into his walkie talkie. "I need a car on Henlow High Street. We've got a third who's going behind bars until otherwise," The Weavile Policeman said. Soon the Police car arrived being driven by a Machop with a police outfit and a doughnut in his left hand as he had his right on the wheel. Weavile threw Night into the backseat and entered the passenger seat. "Do you have any relatives that we can call to bail you out?" Machop asked Night. "Your not in tremendous amount of trouble, you just need to be bailed out,"

Hektor and Granko bowed as a sign of respect and welcome. "I'm Hektor the Second. King of Crimsonia. This is my head of military, Granko," Hektor introduced everyone. "Pleasure to meet you," Granko added. "So what brings you here to the almighty Henlow?" Hektor asked.

"I'm afraid I'm not going to agree with any high until I meet with him face to face," Hektor replied. "Perhaps we could organise a meeting for both parties to talk the possibility of an alliance," Hektor added. "He's welcome anytime so we can open up our schedule for whenever he decides to meet us,"

Hektor and Granko bowed and said goodbye as the boat departed. They got back on their Rapidash Chariot and made their way back to the castle. "Lucky that it wasn't someone looking for a city to conquer." Granko said. "We don't know that, all we know was that someone got sent to scout out Henlow. We don't know if that was the actual purpose of their appearance," Hektor said warily. Granko agreed at the possibility. They arrived back at Brickton Castle and entered it. Hektor went and sat on his thrown and sat in thought. Granko went into his office to attend to some paperwork he had to complete.

The moment the machop said the word relatives, Nights mind was flooded with memories. Now saddened, instead of answering be simply looked down at the floor of the car in silence, not wanting to have to tell them he had no family.

Machop and Weavile looked at each other after Night replies with silence. They both shrugged their shoulders and drove to the police station. The two exited and opened the backfire to let Night out. "We're going to put you in a holding cell until we know what to do with you," Weavile said.

An hour past and Granko entered Foey's lab alongside some of the best soldiers in the Crimsonian Military. The gathered st the from of the lab and patiently waited for Foey to proceed with his presentation of this project.

Hektor in the meantime was talking to some superiors to do the last preparations to start with founding another city. "We'll gather some settlers and start constructing tomorrow," The worker said. "Okay, splendid," Hektor said as he dismissed them. He went to the balcony and found himself looking at his father's statue again. "I always end up looking at you from your statue's shadow. Guess I haven't proved to be as good as you yet," Hektor said aloud to the statue.

Yugi meanwhile had found a way back into the castle and now sat above Granko practically invisible and watched patiently for the time to strike. As he remembered the shady duo who had hired him to steal it and given him 10 days or else they would kill him and all those that he cared about in his life. He hated most royal family's but king Hektor 1 had once saved his life and he had to one return the favour to his family, but he still didn't want to die so he focused firmly at the mission at hand.

Foey Walked to the exit of his lab, his tail was Holding 3 Barrels of EL And Their Cases, He Smiled at The Military, and said
"Hello Granko." He Pulled Out A EL, and Started Saying About it "So Basically," He Started "My Latest Experiment, Called EL, or Explosive Liquid, Is A Sort of Weapon I Made in Case Of Any wars we Get Into." He Pulled Out A Green Leaf "Using this Liquid, and this Leaf, the yesen mokiti, It Will Explode After A Few Seconds, This Can Be Used In Two Ways, First one is simple, Throw it into an Enemy Base, and It Should Explode, The Other Way Is A Distraction, To Make Using It Much Easier, I Made a casing For It, Which has A Button on top to put in the yesen mokiti."

Rex

Resident Furry
The large warship sat in the harbor. It had arrived the previous night, and was silent as it sat in the water, moored to the pier. Suddenly, a bell rang out from somewhere within the ship. Near instantly, the deck was a flurry of activity. A gangplank was lowered, slamming into the surface of the dock. A blue Mienfoo scurried across first, checklist under his left arm, sharpened piece of charcoal in his right paw. Despite its militaristic appearance, undoubtedly enhanced by the two rows of gun ports lining either side of the hull, this vessel was here on a merchant mission. Its ensign, fluttering in the sea breeze on otherwise bare masts identified it as a Valdari ship.

A call of "Step lively men!" resounded from below decks, and a moment later a variety of Pokemon started to stream down the gangplank, each carrying the largest crate or barrel their size and strength would allow. The Mienfoo that had disembarked first kept count, scratching out tally marks on his paper with the charcoal, segregating the cargo by size. The operation proceeded smoothly and efficiently. Once the entire crew had exited, the captain followed after, stepping aside so the crew could return to the ship to begin the next round of unloading.

"Bit cold this far north, eh Cap'n?" the Mienfoo smiled, looking up from his paper at his superior officer.

The captain, a Samurott, grunted. They had traveled quite far from the subtropics the Mienfoo hailed from. The captain, however, was used to cooler climates, having been born in a much more temperate location. As Pokemon began to disembark again, the captain finally spoke, "Pay attention to the task at hand, Lieutenant, this is no time for idle chatter."

The Mienfoo's smile fell, and his eyes returned to his paper, "Aye."

They had come to the north to sell luxury goods from the south - coffee, cocoa, sugar, spices. The current Consul, Virpim, had no territorial ambitions for Vidirion, Ferdara was enough trouble already. He did, however, wish to further expand the navy and the marines. Thus, this delivery to Henlow was only half the current task of the Ocean Sword. The gold of these goods would be used to purchase raw materials such as iron, timber, and cloth, which would be brought back home to be fashioned into weapons, clothing, and most of all, ships. This was an important, if rather dull, task.

"That's everything," the Mienfoo said as the last crate was placed on the dock. The captain nodded, at which point most of the milling crew returned to the ship, leaving only a few Pokemon to make sure no one tried anything funny, along with the Mienfoo and Samurott. Things had gone smoothly so far, but now things were out of the captain's hands.

Last edited:
Arlo was still in his laboratory; not a very big place, but it was enough for him to work. He hated been there. He preferred to stay outside, doing the field researches. At that moment, he was working on a metal detector. He lived in Phrase, an island with a lot of mountains. They had to minimize the impact of mines, and that could only be avoided situating them in the place that contained more metals to extract. Arlo turned on the machine, that, almost immediately, started to make weird noises. Then, it suddenly exploded into pieces. "And that's another way of not creating a metal detector". He said to himself meanwhile he cleaned his face with a cloth. "The King will not be happy with these results..." He looked to the broken machine and examined it.
He turned around and went into his desk. Then, he removed some of the papers that had over it until he found his recorder. He pressed the recording button with one of his claws. "Prototype number 5 of the metal detector: failed. It seems like the cooling systems were not enough, overheating the internal circuits, resulting in an explosion. I am sure that the base is still acceptable and that is going to work properly when we perfect the machinery. This magnetite can detect the metals underground. The more magnetite we incorporate in the receiving system, more range will have the detector. The interaction of the magnetite with other metals can be measured according on how electricity can produced it. It looks like magnetism and electricity are closely related.The stronger this interaction is, the closer are the metals to the surface." He stopped pressing the button.
He removed his dirty bate and dropped it in a laundry basket, with his other dusty bates. "I guess I'll have to wait until the King calls me..." He then remembered his other research. It was a strange crystal, unidentified. Arlo thought that it would be one of that strange crystals... But he didn't had any proofs to prove it.

Meanwhile, Boss was coming back home. "It looks like berries are not so popular now as they used to be..." Boss' business was about selling natural products, cultivated by one of his collaborators, Cloud. He almost had the enough money to pay him what he debt him that month. "Tomorrow will be a better day, I suppose", he said to himself as he entered his house again. He left his bag in a wardrobe and he put the money he earned that day in a safe. He always had his other business; selling weapons, valuable items... He used to attend personal visits at his home, but he also went to a pub on Thursdays and tried to negotiate with some of the locals. But that day, he was tired, and decided to lay in the nest he used as a bed, and started to sleep.

As Foey was showing the presentation, Emerald was standing in the corner just in case they needed something. It seemed to be going smoothly until he sensed the aura of a pokemon above Granko. Looking above him he realised it was Yugi again. Emerald hated to have to interupt things but this could be a major problem. So he walked over to Foey to warn him. Um, sir, that pokemon who tried to steal the liquid earlier is back," he stated.

Foey Had A Shocked Expression
"What!? Again!?" He Hadn't Expected the Pokémon To Come back. He Told Granko "Sir, you Should, Uh, Aim an Attack Above Your Head, Quickly."

Granko had his arms behind him as he stood and interestingly listened to Foey's big breakthrough. "This is fantastic work Foey. This will sure improve our military and navy power. You will be certainly rewarded for your invention," Granko said incredibly impressed as he walked closer to the EL that was on display. "Perhaps we could use this in order to improve our weapons, and not just as a throwable and portable explosive," Granko suggested to Foey and the other Military superiors. Granko bowed and they all left the lab.

Granko the got told about more outsiders, docking at the Henlow Harbour. Granko then made his way to the harbor on his Rapidash and arrived there alongside some of his soldiers. They found two Pokemon that seemed to have crates and crates of cargo. "I welcome you to the almighty Henlow of Crimsonia. I'm interested in what your intentions are for being here," Granko said bowing to the newcomers.

The policeman put Night in a holding cell and after a couple of hours, Machop opened the doors for the cell. "You have been bailed out, you can leave now," Machop said as he unlocked Night's cuffs. Briggie then appeared behind Machop. "H-Hi," Briggie said to Night. "This is the one who bailed you out, consider yourself lucky," Machop said.

Yugi quickly grabbed a flask of EL and rushed towards king Hektor's balcony. " Dear king I am sorry to have to kill you but my own life is at risk," spoke Yugi upon spotting the king " you are a great man with a lot of wisdom so if you can answer my question I will not kill you at all."

Hektor seemed unfazed as Yugi appeared threatening him. Hektor remained staring at the statue and simply sighed. "If you respected me so much then why are you threatening my life...Unless it was instead of yours," Hektor sighed and turned around and faced Yugi. Hektor knew that he could easily defeat Yugi without a problem but he seemed to be in a seriously troubled situation so mercy was what he decided to do. He noticed Yugi holding the EL and squinted his eyes as he recognized it from Foey's lab. "If you did anything to Foey or anyone, I will kill you right now without hesitation. Ask me the question after you swear that no one is harmed," Hektor said assertively.

When Night saw the Ampharos he was very confused. Why would this pokemon bail him out when the reason he was in jail was because he stole from her. This didn't make any sense. He wanted to ask her why she bailed him out but in his confusion all he could say was, "Wh-why?"

"No one was harmed I swear down on my mother's life," questioned Yugi as he darted closer to king Hektor " if anyone it was hurt it was me being thrown out of a window. But how do you pay back a debt that you owe to someone?"

Briggie approached Night and did a heart warming smile. "I can feel nothing but sadness and sympathy whenever I think of what you did today. Only in a time of desperation is when you have to resort to doing against the law. So I made the decision to give you an offer. To stay in my Corner shop, and in return I ask that you help me around the shop. I can't bare to think that someone is homeless and having to live like a savage rather than a Pokemon, when you equal to everyone else, that ignores your pleas," Briggie said to Night, hoping to make him feel more as an equal rather than a criminal.

Hektor pondered in thought and clenched his gauntlet fist in case something happens. A faint ember started to revolve around the fist. "I guess any way you can. even if it means with something other than money," Hektor said, confident in his answer, he then anticipated what Yugi's reply was, intrigued with where he was going with this.

"That is a fair answer you see I owe my life to your family," spoke Yugi calmly as he began to look at king Hektor the first's statue "you see your father saved my life when I was ten and I never payed him back so ask this of you is there anyway for me to repay my debt."

Night thought about what she had said. He had never before made a decision that would effect him as much as this. His whole life he had been stealing and he had never thought anyone would except him. He was so used to stealing that he wasn't sure if he could do anything else. But working there would be better than jail, and who knows, maybe this Ampharos would be like the mother he never had. "Yes, I would like that," he answered.

Hektor then paused in shock as he was rather taking back by the trouble that Yugi had gotten him himself in. Just to repay a favor that was made from the previous king. "I guess by not killing me and giving back the EL to Foey, is a good start," Hektor said in an attempt to undo what he has caused. He then pondered in thought as to what his proper answer to that question is going to be. "How about becoming a part of our Military. We could do with your skills. Being able to stealthy go inside Brickton Castle is no joke," Hektor replied.

Briggie was a bit caught off guard with the blunt agreement. "Oh, great. Let's head back to my shop," Briggie said walking past Machop and exiting the Police Station. Briggie then pulled out her keys and pressed a button to unlock her small, cheap, yellow car. The lights up to signal that it unlocked and Briggie waited for Night outside her car.