• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokemon: A Journey Across the Land RP

( @AlexTheSnivy I edited my original post so that serpentine reacted to the attack, i'm sorry i didn't see it before ;-; )

"I see..." Touko murmured, narrowing her eyes. She had not before noticed the oddly-coloured Purrloin, and it fascinated her, to say the least; Guzma would certainly be pleased with a Pokémon like that. As if the other had read her mind, Alex's question caught her off guard, and the edgy way said question was asked, made a sinking feeling of dread rip through her gut.

However, she managed to keep a calm exterior- something Touko was exceptionally good at was appearing innocent, and that was exactly her aim. "What sicko would do that? He's your Pokémon. I'd hate it if anything happened to Serpentine here." she said, gesturing to the Snivy perched on her shoulder. "Yeah, I could do with some entertainment." she nodded, raising her eyebrows. Perhaps this would giver her another opportunity to see if the Pokémon were really worth it.

Damocles smiled "Alright then!" He said confidently as he turned to Alex "Might I get your name before we start?" He asked. "Mine's Damocles, and my partner here is Lena." He said as he walked to a fair distance for the battle. Once at a fair distance, he turned to Alex whilst Lena did the same and assumed a battle stance. Damocles put his hands in his pockets and kept a cool composure while Lena looked confident and raring to go.

A_Normal_Snivy

Previously Team Rainbow Hope
"My name is Alex", she said, doing a ranger pose (again), "And if you didn't know already, this is Antonio." She glanced at the Purrlion, then the Snivy. She got into a battle stance, just like the ones on TV. Antonio did the same, pinning more focus on Touko than the Riolu herself. "Be ready if anything happens, Antonio", she whispered, "Be ready for anything."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(By the way I have to go soon I might be online again today I don't know if not I'll probably be online in the morning. Seeya!)

Edith healed Plum and looked at the gathering trainers. She walked over to Domocles. “Hai again. I’m back. Thanks so much for the berry. Imma call you Dom. Can I call you Dom?” She asked all at once.

Damocles smiled at Edith. "No problem, anything for a girl and her cute Pokémon. As for the nickname: No." He said as he looked back at Alex, ready to battle. "I'll be nice and let you have the first move; ladies first after all." He said with a sly smirk. Lena was pumped for the battle, lightly she jumped side to side with a lot of confidence in her eyes.

Touko felt the judgemental eyes of the Purrloin fixated upon her and she gulped, feeling as if that feline Pokémon suspected more than it was letting on. However, it would make her appear even more suspicious if she just high-tailed it outta there with no explanation. She rolled her eyes at the predicament Serpentine had gotten her into. As the battle began, she felt a slight sense of sadness that her own name hadn't been asked- but then she remembered, she was a Team Skull grunt. She was supposed to be as hard as bone, and unfeeling to her victims- so, shaking off the feeling, she watched.

Edith frowned and immediately bounced back into her happy state. “Okay. Okay. Thanks again. Ooooo. Another battle. Go Lena!” She called and cheered.

James kept walking and quickly looked to back to see if Freshie was still there, to his shock he was gone, he looked around the tall and saw Freshie all the way back here a bunch of other trainers just standing and talking and so he ran over there and began looking for Freshie in the tall grass. "Ugh, where is he...." James pondered. He kept searching the tall grass to no avail, he stepped in some mud where that rattata was before slipped in some dirt, getting his shirt and track pants dirty. "Good job at looking cool." He muttered and so he kept searching for Freshie.

Edith looked at the frantic trainer. She walked over and tapped him on the shoulder. “You Okay? Are you looking for something? I’m Edith and this is Plum!” She said and pointed at her Cleffa.

James looked behind him to see a girl with a Cleffa, she looked like she wanted to help him. "My Mudkip ran off and I can't find him anywhere, Will you help me find him?" James pleaded it.

Edith nodded. “Of course! Does he have a name I can call? I’m sure he just ran off.” She said and started searching the bushes. He flowery pink dress made this impractical but she didn’t care.

A_Normal_Snivy

(Hi! I'm back!)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Antonio! I choose you!", she exclaimed. He jumped forward, claws extended. "Purreow!", he responded, now focusing his vision towards the Riolu, crouched in a battle position. She turned towards Touko. "Ah! I just realized I never caught your name!", she said, smiling. Antonio looked at her with a spark in his eyes. He knew what she was doing. "That's right, Antonio", she thought to herself, "Pretend that I'm just some dumb yet loveable kid and then BOOM! She won't know what hit her!"

As much as Damocles and mainly Lena wanted to battle, he didn't say anything as he forgot to ask Touko for her name which he was somewhat ashamed about... but then again there were a lot of things happening at once so it didn't surprise him too much that it slipped his mind. He turned his head to Touko and patiently waited for both her response and the battle.

The girl seemed sickly-sweet, and Touko didn't like that one bit. If there was one thing that she couldn't stand, it was goody-two-shoes- and the cutesy demeanor the other had was irritating to say the least. But, her mission was to do whatever to get valuable Pokémon; so, she allowed a forced smile to curl her lips, and she raised her eyebrows. "Touko." she said, nodding her head to the other. "I heard your name, you're Alex."

Touko put her hands in her pockets and stared with lightless eyes at the readied Pokémon. Niether were Kanto natives, she knew that much, yet it was still interesting to see them. Seeing Damocles looking at her too, she nodded her head to him. "Damocles, right? Long-ass name, pretty cool though." she remarked, an honest opinion.

A_Normal_Snivy

Alex looked back at Damocles. "Well, shall we get this thing started? I've been studying my type-matchups and everything!", she said, a glowing fierceness in her eyes. Even Antonio seemed to reflect that, his gleaming eyes filled with concentration. "Put the thief-girl to the side for now", she mumbled, "Battle now." She did another ranger pose. "I'M READY!", she then shouted.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S everyone I'm logging off now I'll probably do some before school tomorrow morning. Again, seeya!

James stopped looking at the ground and replied with "I named him Freshie, Thanks for helping me look for him, you are a big help!" James said while smiling. "Okay, the last time I saw him I was facing a Rattata with him and then we went forward on the route and when I turned around he vanished and that's how I got here. He looked around route 1 one last time before looking back at Edith. "I have no idea where to look first" James complained. "What do think?" James said.

(I'm logging out see you guys tomorrow)

Damocles nodded at Touko. "Yeah, although admittedly, Touko's kinda pretty itself." He said with a smile as put his hands in his pockets and gave a somewhat creepy and sly smirk toward Alex, his silver eyes glistened with determination and excitement. "'Bout time, I'll be nice and let you deal the first move, ladies first as I've just said." He said as Lena assumed her battle stance once more, already psyched at the battle she was about to indulge.

(Same here.)

Edith smiled looked around. “Hmmmmm. Let’s start by calling his name. And Plum can go look for him. Go on Plum. Let me know if you find something.” She said. Plum nodded and waddled farther into the route. “Freshie!” She started calling. (Bye bye!)

A exaggerated sigh came from a certain girl as she looked at her clock. It was later in the day then she had expected to have woken up, and she cursed herself for staying up so late the night prior. ' Nevermind that, let's get going. ' She thought to herself, looking down from her bed to see her Sewaddle, Bunny, sleeping on his own green woven mat. She smiled a bit, reaching down from her bed to gently pet the bug to wake him up. The Sewaddle immediately let out a trill sort of yawn, it black eyes quickly opening to look at it's trainer.
' ' Come on, Bunny. We gotta get going! ' '
The girl suddenly jolted at the end of her sentence, beginning to shake a bit as she got out of her bed. Her bare foot hit the cold wood floor, and a shiver went through her body as she tossed the comforter off of her. She moved to her closet, and her Pokemon was stretching it's tiny limbs as she pulled on her clothes. Just the normal green sweater with her shorts, and a pair of white socks that she would pull her boots over later. She then picked up the Pokemon as it waddled over to her, cradling Bunny as she walked out of the door and shut it after exiting. She then practically bounded down the stairs, and went to the kitchen where nobody was. Her parents were probably at their work, as usual. So, she walked over to the dining table which had a plate of food and a cup of coffee with a note attached to it. It was just a little note from her mother about remembering to have fun, and to visit every once and awhile.
Mathilda placed the note down, grabbing the cup of coffee and downing some of it in the matter of a second. Letting out a breath of relief, she could feel her muscles relax a bit. She then set Bunny down on the table, giving him the Pokepuff that was on the plate of food. It was his favorite, the girl could tell as the Pokemon quickly took tiny bites of the pastry. She then began to eat her own food, finishing it off rather quickly as she was excited to finally be leaving her house for a reason other than picking up packages for her parent's coffee shop. As soon as she finished, she picked up the plate and the cup of coffee and went to the sink, drinking the rest of the coffee before placing both thing in the sink. Her Pokemon had also finished, letting out another cry to signal his trainer. Quickly grabbing a pen off the counter, she flipped her mother's note over and wrote a quick reply in extremely messy handwriting.
She then moved to get her bag and belt, clipping the belt around her hips and pulling the bag over her shoulder. She had already pulled on her black boots on, quickly zipping them up and scooping up her Pokemon again. She then jumped up, and ran out of her house. She ran past a lot of other people, who seemed to know her as they gave her waves and happy smiles. Bunny happily looked around as building flew past them, before they reached the sign that indicated they were at Route 1. Mathilda stopped in her tracks, placing down her Pokemon and hunching over to catch her breath. Her hair blocked her view of what she could see, but she had caught the glimpse of a few trainers before she stopped. Her Pokemon let out another happy trill, his beady eyes scanning over what he could see, a few trainers and unfamiliar Pokemon gathered around each other.

((sorry about this being really long---))

Last edited by a moderator:

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Justin just decided to leave. He didn’t feel like getting acquainted with anyone just yet, even though the battles had been interesting. He and Buddy stroll through the forested area of route one, looking out for any Pokémon in the area ahead of them. A tiny Spearow had come out of a tree, and landed on the ground, as if looking for something to eat. Justin stopped, and pulled out a Pokéball. “C’mon, Buddy, Let’s catch it!” He said, quietly but enthusiastically. Buddy readied for battle. The Spearow noticed this, and used Wing Attack, knocking Buddy back a bit. "Alright, retaliate with Water Gun!" Justin said. Buddy quickly fired a stream of water and hit the bird, to which the Pokémon fluttered a bit. Justin then lobbed a Pokéball, and caught the bird. “I think I’ll name you...” he thought. He couldn’t think of a name at the moment, so he continued along the path, his new partner with him. He wondered if he’d run into the other trainers again.

Mathilda then got back up as soon as she had regained her breath, taking slow breaths as her Pokemon had waddled so that is was nearer to her than before. Mathilda saw that the trainers in front of her were speaking, so she figured she would migrate beyond these people instead of getting involved, is was extremely stressful to be talking and meeting so many people, so she figured it would be better for her health. Plus, she was already twitching and shaking, so she didn't want to seem like an absolute psycho for acting so strange. She beckoned her Pokemon to follow her and they spiked off to the left of the route.
Bunny waddled behind her, giving out another high-pitched noise as they went down that path. Mathilda looked around, the grass slightly moving every second, much like the girl with her insanely common twitching and jolts of anxiety. She moved towards a place with no grass, and she sat down, quietly observing the atmosphere of the wild Pokemon area. She took out her canteen, downing a bit more of the coffee to again answer to her high demand. She wiped her mouth with her sleeve afterward, the new strain from the coffee akin to the others that were more faded, but alas, still there.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
As Justin walked further down the path, he noticed another trainer, a girl and her Sewaddle. He was a bit nervous about talking to new people, but he hadn’t actually met anyone else, so he decided to give it a shot. He walked close, but not close enough to make the trainer uncomfortable(hopefully). “Uh... Hey there! My names Justin, and this is my partner Buddy! What’s yours?” He asked, enthusiastically, and Buddy gave off a happy “Osha!”. Inside, his mind was telling him about how stupid that sounded, but he kept his cool.

Mathilda turned as a voice sounded from behind her, and Bunny had turned to look at the source of this new voice as well. A faint sigh of relief came from her as she realized it was just another trainer introducing himself. The girl then opened her mouth to speak, but no words came out as she was soon interrupted by the cry of his Oshawatt. Bunny had happily gave out his high-pitched cry again in response, the bug-like noise making the Sewaddle burst with a new excitement for who this trainer was. Mathilda then opened her mouth to speak again, this time to greet the trainer as she stood up and dusted off her knees.

' ' Hello, my name is Mathilda...N-Nice to meet you, Justin. And-Oh! This is m-my Pokemon, Bunny. ' '

The girl's eye blinked open and shut as she introduced herself, and the Sewaddle that had now migrated to basically attach onto his trainer's leg, let out another buzz. Reaching her hand out, the girl figured this would probably less awkward than anything else for a greeting. She had mentally cursed herself a bit for stuttering, something she'd swore she would try not to do. But, that didn't help, as she continued to visibly shake very lightly as she stood and waited the trainer to reach his hand out to shake hers.

Wow, what a long-ass buildup for a battle. Alex seemed to be milking her determination by constantly striking strange poses, somthing Touko found to be quite odd. Yes, Team Skull had their signature pose, but they usually did it in groups and only in Alola where people would know what it actually meant. Perhaps she was being cynical however, and this was a well known gesture- Touko wouldn't know, because of her earlier-admitted entrapment on Ula'Ula her whole life. At Damocles' response, Touko felt an actual smile grace her features. That was not a compliment she heard often- it was usually, 'Oh yeah, you're Touko Poppyfrost, the kleptomaniac! Are the rumours about you true?' "Thanks," she found herself saying before she could stop it.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Justin reached out his hand and shook Mathilda’s lightly. Buddy let out another happy cry, and was smiling, obviously happy. He noticed her stuttering, and was a bit concerned. “Hey, uh, are you uncomfortable? I can go away if it’s making you nervous or anything.” He offered, not wanting to stress the girl out.

"I'm totally ready to start the adventure!" said Max to Keira. Max saw Luke as he was calling him. "Oh, that's Luke, a good friend of mine who moved next door to me." When Max was asked by Luke if he remembers him, Max said, "Of course, dude! I would never forget you! Also, I'm not traveling alone. I'm going with Keira." Max pointed to Keira. "Hey guys, if you are ready, I'll race you to Route 1!" Max said, getting ready to run.

Kiera laughed. "Aw come on, I am no good at running!" She walked off the deck to Luke. "Nice to meet you." She turned back to Max after she smiled at Luke. "We can run, but don't yell at me if I get tired, I am not tall you know..." She started to run at a normal pace. "I am going to get a headstart, alright?"

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
"Nice to meet you too Kiera. I think race would be nice. I am pretty fast." said Luke and remembered something.
"Hey Kiera,this is my Pokemon Ziggy" said Luke and showed his Zigzagoon.
"Can you show me yours?" asked Luke

Kiera stopped and turned to Luke. "Oh, this is Vee, my Ralts!" She held out Vee as she smiled. "I got her from Hoenn when I went on a trip. She isn't too strong." She ran over to Luke to pet Ziggy. "Nice to meet you Ziggy." She got back up and smiled at Luke. "Um, well... lets get on our way to Route 1!" She turned around quickly and ran in the direction of route 1 again.

' ' No, y-you're fine! I-It's just me, not you. ' '

Mathilda was a bit surprised at how lightly he shook her hand, and Bunny had waddled over to now meet the Oshawott. The girl then pulled her arms back to her chest, lightly gripping at her shirt. She then asked him a question, trying to lift the awkward aura that filled the silence.

' ' So, what brings you here? ' '

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
“Nothing much, actually! I just started my journey, and caught another Pokémon, and then I ran into you.” He said. Buddy looked at the Sewaddle, giving a happy cry, and waving its hand at the bug Pokémon. “So, uh, which region are you from? I came here from Unova.” He asked, trying to maintain the conversation.

' ' Well, I-I'm from Kalos m-my-myself. ' '

Mathilda spoke, keeping up at the pace in which he asked the question. She gave a small smile as she did so, seeing her Sewaddle lift up one of it's stubby limbs to try and mimic what the other Pokemon had done. It trilled lightly, as a final greeting to the other Pokemon. Mathilda then closed her eyes, and took a sharp inhale as if she was trying to maintain herself.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
“Kalos is a bit far from here! But I guess that goes for every region.” Justin responded. He noticed Mathilda take a rather quick inhale, and tried to keep his mind off of it. “Hey, how about a battle? It’s fine if you don’t want to, but I haven’t had a battle yet, and that’s what trainers do, right?” He continued. Buddy looked at Justin, and got closer to him, just in case they did battle.

Gabriel finished his breakfast up in a tree. A banana. Not much but it would do. He had heard battles going on close by and heard another one was on it's way. He had occasionally shot a through glances in the direction of the battles but leaves covered up most of the scene. Blaze nibbled on the last of the berry that Gabriel gave him and then shoved all of it in his mouth. Gabriel saw that and smiled slightly as it was a cute scene. Blaze looked up at his trainer with an excited look. Gabriel had promised that they could go and watch the battles after they had eaten so he nodded to Blaze and they climbed down. Gabriel wanted to keet themselves at a small distance from everyone else but Blaze had other plans. The cheerful Charmander ran over to a girl with a black tank top and a Snivy at her side to try to make friends.
"Charmander!" He said cheerly. Gabriel sighed and followed his Charmander over to the girl.
"Knock it off, Blaze. Don't run up to strangers without me" he scolded.

She felt a strange change of temperature, heat to be exact, on her calves- and, slowly, she looked down, curious. Peering up at her was a Charmander, and Serpentine in response wound down her trainer's body to get face to face with it. Cautious, the Snivy raised her claw-like hand in greeting to the other, and Touko couldn't help but let a smile play on her lips. Perhaps this was good- acting nice and friendsly would help her to blend in, help her to hide exactly what her intentions were- the whole reason she was in Kanto in the first place.

"Alola," greeted Touko, waving the signature Alolan greeting. "Friendly little guy you've got there."

Gabriel raised his hand quickly before putting it down again in a quick greeting. He put his hands down into the pockets of his hoodie.
"You're from Alola? Neat. Blaze always do his own thing. Nothing can stop him from doing so. Anyway, i'm Gabriel. Who are you? And does your Snivy have a name?You don't have to answer that if you don't want" he said and shrugged his shoulders. Honestly, he didn't care much about other people. But he thought he should atleast try to be polite if he have to interact with someone. This was one of those moments

"Ya like to ask questions, dont'cha?" Touko noted, humour in her voice. Having been around Team Skull her whole life, Touko could easily tell when people were like her- and this guy was, as far as she could tell. His body language suggested he wasn't too interested, and perhaps he was trying to blend in like her, to not seem like a rude misfit. "Yeah, Ula'Ula island to be exact." she stated, before looking up to try to remember the other questions he had asked.

"Righty-o, then... I'm Touko. My Snivy's called Serpentine. I'm assuming Blaze is the name of your Charmander." she said, a smirk-like smile playing on her lips. Her dark maroon eyes stared down the other, looking him up and down before locking gazes with him. "Gabriel, huh? Nice name."

"Yeah that's his name. Ula Ula? Isn't that the island where those thugs live? Team Krull?" He said without any interest. He noticed in the way she talked that she wasn't very interested in talking either but didn't say anything about it. He observed the two persons about to battle and kinda wished they could start. He had promised Blaze to watch the battle but he actually wanted to leave as quickly as possible. Atleast he might be able to steal some of these people's money. He needed to be sneaky about it so he couldn't do anything right now so instead he just observed.

Touko’s eyes widened for a second at his knowledge of where Team Skull lived, but she managed to shake it off quickly enough for it to hopefully not appear suspicious. “Yeah, it is, but Team Skull don’t bother me and my family much, really.” That was, to be honest, true- Touko’s parents were Admins of Team Skull, so often stopped their daughter from pissing off the other members. Her tone was, again, slightly monotonal- her disinterest was not hidden very well, but neither was Gabriel’s, to be fair. “To be honest, if this keeps going the way it is, I’m gonna bail. I have stuff to do.” She muttered, but she knew she really couldn’t bail- she was studying the Riolu and the Purrloin as targets, in reality.

A battle? As the boy asked the question Mathilda had snapped her eyes open and stared at him for a minute. She had never really battled before, her Pokemon having been pampered it's whole life since it's hatching and had never really had to train at all. She looked down at Bunny, who looked back at her as soon as he felt her eyes on the back of his leaf headpiece. The bug closed it's eyes and gave off a happy gesture, and Mathilda snapped her head back up, with less confidence then she'd thought she would have now that her partner gave her something of an approval. She was still shaking, a hesitant look on her face before she nodded her head.

' ' Alright, w-we'll battle! I'm not too sure I can w-win, b-but let's do it! ' '

As soon as his trainer mentioned a battle, Bunny trilled as if he were ready as was she. She then scooped him up, and the leaf-armored Pokemon adjusted so that he was ready for what was to come. She was now extremely nervous, as a new task was presented towards her. She shook just a bit more, before signalling she was ready.

' ' R-Ready when you are! ' '