• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokemon: A Journey Across the Land RP

"Oh right. Team Skull. I would bail too but i promised Blaze to watch the fight. And a promise is a promise" he said while shrugging his shoulders again. He didn't notice the girls eyes widening when he mentioned Team Skull as he still didn't care.
"Well, if you're gonna bail, go ahead. If not, i'll sit here and watch the battle. You're welcome to join. It doesn't matter to me but Blaze seem to want to befriend your Snivy" he said. Blaze tried to copy the alola-greeting that he had seen Touko make to properly greet the Snivy Serpentine. It was a bit hard with those short arms but he succeeded on the third try and felt proud of himself

“Well, I kinda said to the girl with the Purrloin that I would watch, so...” Touko trailed off, not really knowing exactly how to communicate. She didn’t often have calm conversations with people- they were often in code words or vulgar language. Noticing Blaze attempting to befriend Serpentine, Touko lightly patted her partner on the back. “Go on, you need some friends.” Serpentine gave Touko a look that said so do you, but obeyed anyway.

Serpentine chuckled at the Alolan greeting that Blaze had offered her, obviously attempting to copy Touko’s greeting to Gabriel. The Snivy mirrored the greeting, squeaking a hello to the Charmander.

"Alright. I guess we'll both watch then" Gabriel said and sat down in the grass. He didn't offer the girl to sit down with him because he didn't own the forest and it would just generally feel weird to offer someone a place to sit. He've never done something like that before because he've never needed to.
Blaze shined with joy because the Snivy gave a greeting back.
"Char!" He chirped with a big smile. He wiggled his tail playfully as if it asked for the Snivy to play with him

Touko sat shortly after Gabriel did, watching Serpentine and Blaze more than the battle. Her dark gaze studied the two creatures as they interacted, her Snivy seeming to enjoy herself- she'd never seen her partner react like this to interaction before, since Serpentine was normally cautious and wary. Serpentine looked at Touko as if to get her approval, and the girl nodded, saying "Go ahead, just don't set yourself on fire."

"Sni!" Serpentine chirped, wiggling her tail back at Blaze and prancing circles around him, the leaves adorning her tail twitching with happiness.

"Char!" Blaze chirped and smiled. He wanted to play tag even though he knew that Snivy's were way faster than Charmander's. But he didn't mind that. He was determined to tag the Snivy at least once. Gabriel nodded approvingly. The girl seemed to care a lot about her Snivy so he approved of her. There was something about her that was a bit odd though but he couldn't really tell what that was. He decided to be a little cautious around her.
"Be careful now, Blaze. Make sure not to accidentally hit the Snivy with your tail" he said

Edith looked around some more before quickly getting side tracked watching a Charmander and Snivy play. She called her Cleffa and made her way over to the two trainers. "Hey there!" she said.

Before either Damocles or Alex could make their first move in the battle, they were interrupted by a Pidgey who for some reason wanted to battle Lena and by the look on it's face wouldn't take no for an answer. "What the? A Pidgey? Careful Lena, it's a flying type." Damocles warned, Lena nodded as Pidgey charged forward with Tackle. "Block it and then use Force Palm!" Damocles commanded, Lena stopped Pidgey by grabbing it's wings and released one of them to use Force Palm which hit Pidgey quite hard. Pidgey tried to use another Tackle, but was delayed as it appeared to have been Paralyzed by Force Palm, yet it continued to try and fight it.

Damocles smirked. "Perfect, I like you Pidgey. What say you join me and we can get stronger, yeah?" He asked as he got out a Poké ball. Pidgey responded with a nod and Damocles threw the Poké ball at Pidgey who disappeared into it in a flash of red. The ball shook once... twice... three times... and rang for a successful catch. "Nice, my first caught Pokémon." Damocles said as he walked up to the Poké ball containing his newly caught Pokémon, Lena jumped happily in excitement.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
(OMG IM SO SORRY @Pastel_Rose! I didn’t get the alert that you responded!)

Justin watched as Mathilda and her Pokémon got ready for battle. While he would get a type advantage with the Spearow he caught, he decided to use only Buddy, considering he hadn’t battled yet, and Buddy was his main Pokémon. “Alright! Buddy, use Water Gun!” Justin shouted, as the Oshawott shot a stream of water at the Sewaddle.

Serpentine began to dart around unpredictably, her fast movements pumping her adrenaline up. She tried to swiftly dodge the Charmander's attempts to tag her, since if there was one thing Serpentine was proud of, it was her speed. She most definitely was not going to lose to anyone.

Amused, Touko watched the Pokémon intently, a ghost of a smile on her lips. However, a squawk and an exclamation made her head quickly snap up in interest. She noticed Damocles battling a Pidgey, and raised her eyebrows, immediately curious. Seeing him catch it and celebrate caused her to let out an airy chuckle. "Hey, look," Touko said in a jokey tone, pointing at Damocles and smiling, "They actually did something."

Blaze was confused by the Snivy's sudden movements. It was without a doubt too fast for him. But he enjoyed it anyway. He began chasing the Snivy without very big success.
Gabriel just watched the scene in amusement. Then he turned to the trainer's infront of him.
"You're right. Good for them. Well Blaze, doesn't seem like there's gonna be a battle here after all. Would you like to leave now?" Gabriel said with sarcastic applause to the person who just caught a Pidgey. He was pretty sure the answer was 'no' but he asked anyway. Blaze stopped to look at his trainer for a second. He shook his head to say no and then continued to chase after the Snivy

“Yeah, yeah, we can stay too,” Touko said after getting a pleading look from her partner, a look that said, please don’t make me leave! The Snivy chirped with happiness at her trainer’s response, and let a fang-toothed grin adorn her pointy face. “They seem to be having fun,” noted the girl, her dark eyes darting from Pokémon to Pokémon.

In the meantime, Serpentine decided she would make it even harder for the Charmander, and started to jump quite far distances, letting Blaze just catch up to her beforehand she jumped away again.

The small bug Pokemon had jumped from his trainer's arms, and he was immediately shot in the face with the squirt of water. The Pokemon let out a wail of pain, shaking it's now soggy leaf armor. Mathilda wanted to now rush and help him, but she had to tell herself that this was a battle and she wasn't supposed to treat her Pokemon like a baby anymore. She was to help him retaliate.

' This is too much pressure...! '

She felt her teeth automatically grit against each other, and she could feel sweat forming on her neck. She felt a feeling of extreme stress then, but she was forced to let out a yell to command her Pokemon.

' ' B-Bunny..Ack! ' '

She breathed out a shaky sigh, before fulling getting out the sentence.

' ' Bunny, u-use String Shot! ' '

Bunny did as his trainer commanded, a sticky silk forming at the Pokemon's mouth. The Sewaddle then shot that same silk at the Oshawott, the silk wrapping lightly around the Pokemon to slow it down. The Sewaddle then waited for the other Pokemon's next move, now in the know of what was going on.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Justin was a bit nervous, considering he had hit the little Pokémon right as it got down to fight, but he shook it off. The little bug had covered Buddy in a thin layer of sticky silk, slowing him down a bit. “So your slower now... Buddy, use Tail Whip!” He said, as Buddy used the move, lowering defense. Buddy waited for the Leavanny to use its next move, now that it’s defenses were down.

Bunny, who was now feeling weaker, earned a sympathetic look from his trainer. Mathilda then was shaking in her boots, becoming more nervous as her Pokemon was weakened by Justin's. Her eyes were doe-like as she looked at her Pokemon, but she then turned and locked her eyes on Justin's.

' ' Buddy, n-now ack! Use Bug Bite....! ' '

Her Pokemon's fangs glowed an odd green, and he quickly scuttled over to the Oshawott, jumping up and attaching it's fangs to the Oshawott's side. As soon as it was sure it had done some damage, the Pokemon then unlatched it's fangs from Buddy. He then jumped back, ready for the next hit.

@ThatJustin’sASpy! ))

Blaze understood he wouldn't be able to catch the Snivy this way and sent out a Smokescreen from his mouth when he was close enough for it but still at a distance so the Snivy wouldn't jump away again. This was to cloud the Snivy's vision. Some Pokémon knew how to handle the situation but the more inexperienced one's usually was confused and stayed inside the smoke. Himself knew somewhat how to navigate through the smoke with sound only but he wasn't perfect.
"Hey Blaze, don't you think that you're cheating now? A Smokescreen in tag? That's not really fair" Gabriel said. Blaze looked at the Smokescreen he had created and thought that it probably was cheating. Even though he didn't actually know if the Snivy had gotten trapped inside there. But how else was he supposed to catch it? It was way too fast for him. Well, no matter. He just had to try harder! He squeaked out an apology to the Snivy and began to blow the Smokescreen away

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
“Are you alright, Buddy?” Justin asked, a bit of worry in his voice. But he was a bit more concerned of Mathilda, seeing her doe eyes. She kept up the fight, though, so he decided that he’d continue to battle unless she wanted to stop. “Buddy, use Tackle!” He said, as the otter Pokémon slammed into Bunny, and fell back. However, Buddy seemed to take a bit of damage because of the Bug Bite, and staggered a bit, but got up, ready for the next attack.

Bunny let out a cry as Buddy slammed into him, earning another anxious look from his trainer. Mathilda couldn't reach her hand out to call back her Pokemon, as she couldn't bring herself to quit on Justin. So, she just continued to twitch and shake as she had been since she left her home. Bunny looked weak already, the Oshawott hitting him having hurt him badly.

' ' C-Come on, Bunny, w-we c-can do this.. ' '

She meekly spoke, not yelling anymore as she readied to command her Sewaddle. Bunny got back up from the hit, again stabilizing himself so he could stand. Mathilda knew he wasn't going to hold out much longer, so she hoped this would help them just the littlest bit.

' ' Use t-tackle on B-Buddy... ' '

Bunny then got ready to tackle the other Pokemon, and Mathilda saw him move his limbs like a Tauros ready to charge. She was already expecting them to loose, so she pulled up her arms to above her chest so she was ready to cover her eyes. The girl couldn't bear to watch her Pokemon faint and be in so much pain.

Kiera turned around and walked back to the others. "Whats holding you guys up? If you guys want to form a bigger group then that's alright with me." She smiled and went to Luke and went around behind him and whispered in his ear. "I still might need somebody to protect me..."

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
The Sewaddle came at Buddy and rammed him before he could do anything. Buddy fell to the ground, now fainted. Justin was a bit surprised by this outcome, but he put on a smile. “So, you won your first battle? Congrats! Also, take this. It’ll help you heal Bunny.” He said, pulling out a Sitrus berry, walking over to Mathilda, and handing it to her. He then walked back over to his fainted pal. “You alright, Buddy?” He asked, and got a small nod from his Pokémon. “I need to get you to a Pokémon Center.” He muttered to himself. He then turned to Mathilda. “Hey, thanks for the battle. I’m gonna head to the Pokémon Center to let this guy heal a little bit! I’ll see you around, I guess!” He said enthusiastically, and began to walk off.

Name: Jakobi
Personality: Soft Hearted with a love of bad humor.
Nationality: Hispanic
Physical Appearance: Tan with dark hair and hazel eyes. Slightly out of shape.
Clothing: Usually a mono-colored shirt with some white shorts.
Other: Enjoys singing, and breeding pokemon for egg moves

Pokemon: Makuhita
Nickname: Flapjack
Moveset: Fake out, Force palm, Focus energy, Tackle
Other: A major foodie. Known to steal food from others but also likes to give it to those it see's who are hungry. Of course this makuhita is plumper than most.
"FLAPJACK NOOO" Jakobi screamed as his makuhita began chasing a group of ongoing trainers. "You're a fighting type not a dark type for pete's sake, where is your honor?" Asked Jakobi. "Sorry about that! My makuhita has a bad habit of trying to take people's food and he figured that you guys had some." Jakobi then realized that these trainers might've been oblivious to it this whole time.

Mathilda was shocked. She had won? She was ecstatic, and she quickly cheered for herself in her head. She was so caught up in the moment, she hadn't gave notice as the boy shoved a Sitrus berry into her hands to heal her Pokemon. Bunny had given a chrip of goodbye as Justin left with his fainted Pokemon, and Mathilda heard his goodbye and congratulation, and she quickly waved to him, still shaking from the over-nervousness of the battle.

' ' Thank you, J-Justin! I-I hope we m-meet again..! ' '

Buddy then waddled over to Mathilda, letting out a whine of pain as the Pokemon was clearly weak. The girl then picked up her Sewaddle, moving back over to where she had set down her items. She sat onto the grass, continuing to now listen to the sounds of the wild Pokemon area. She cradled the Pokemon in her arms, slowly feeding him the Sitrus berry that Justin had given her.

She opened her canteen of coffee as soon as her Pokemon was now all good and had eaten the berry, and drank a bit of it. A rustle was heard in the grass in front of her, and the girl spotted a small orange head-piece of a Pokemon peeking out of the grass. She moved a bit, and a Caterpie emerged from the grass. The Caterpie looked ready to battle, and Mathilda couldn't say no to a chance for a new friend.

After scolding his Makuhita, Jakobi decided that Makuhita needed some discipline. He figured that a trainer battle would be just the thing for both him and Flapjack to gain some experience. He searched for someone fitting enough to be his first opponent, at last he had found a figure in the distance. Jakobi was pretty sure this person was a female trainer, hanging with some sort of small caterpillar pokemon, Jakobi couldn't see this person too well but that didn't stop him from attempting to strike a challenge. Unaware of the formalities of being a trainer, Jakobi merely shouted and ran towards this mysterious trainer, "Hey! You must be a trainer, no?! I challenge you to a battle!"

Last edited:
Damocles smiled as he put away his Poké ball containing his newly caught Pokémon, afterward he looked at the time. "Dammit, Sorry Alex, I might have to cut the battle short; I'm hoping to get to Pewter City before sundown." He said as he put his hands in his pockets. "We should get ready to move Lena; you seem trained enough for Brock." Lena nodded in agreement as they both looked at how crowded Route 1 was becoming. "Well, I'm off to Pewter City, if anyone wants to come with, they can, but know that I'm not waiting for them." He said as he began to walk toward Veridian City, Lena followed close behind him.

"Getting to Pewter City before sundown? That's impossible. It's hard enough to get to Viridian City that fast. But Pewter City? There's a thick forest separating those two City's. Getting to Pewter City is gonna take 3-4 days at best" Gabriel said. He didn't care if the boy heard. He just wanted to state that. Blaze heard the boy and his eyes started to shine with excitement. He also wanted to challenge Brock. He ran up to Gabriel and pointed to the boy that were leaving.
"Charmander!" He chirped excitedly.
"Do you want to challenge Brock as well? And follow him?" Gabriel asked. Blaze nodded. Gabriel let out a sigh and got up. He'd be lying if he said he didn't want this himself. And lying is one of those things he did best. He could succeed in tricking himself sometimes. Like now. He didn't even know himself how much he wanted to test his abilities against Brock.
"Fine. Let's go then. You're free to join Snivy-girl" he said and began to follow the guy with a Riolu

Gabriel seemed to care quite a bit about what his Charmander wanted, and Touko could certainly respect that- any trainer with eyes could se that the girl shared a strong bond with Serpentine. "I do have a name, you know," Touko muttered on response to Gabriel calling her 'Snivy-Girl'- but, she supposed she had to come. If she was planning on making this Riolu a target, she should act friendly; and she didn't feel like spending a lot of time with the strange girl with the Purrloin who kept flinging her arms around enthusiastically. Even though that Purrloin was certainly interesting, the Grunt didn't know whether she could be bothered to deal with it. She honestly wished she was back in Po Town, with the familiar thugs of Team Skull surrounding her. She understood them, she didn't understand these people.

Perhaps Guzma had just wanted to get rid of her. She had a reputation back home, and perhaps he simply couldn't tolerate her reckless stealing any more.

"But... sure, I'll come." she muttered. Beckoning Serpentine, who had only just recovered from a Smoke Screen attack, she stood up, her Snivy running up Touko's body to perch on top of her head. "You climb me like a vine, every time." groaned Touko as Serpentine let out a squeak of laughter.

"Alright, so what is your name then? Mine's Gabriel" Gabriel said. The girl obviously cared as much about her Snivy as he cared about Blaze. He respected that. Blaze tried catching up to the boy with the Riolu to introduce himself to them. Which he wanted to do like he greeted the Snivy. Gabriel thought that boy probably wasn't dangerous so he allowed Blaze to run ahead. He stayed behind because there was something about the girl that he couldn't put his finger on but it made him cautious and so he wanted to keep an eye on her. He put his hands in his pockets and kept a tight grip of his knife...

She swore she had already told himher name- perhaps he was the forgetful type, however, so she didn't bring it up, and instead told him casually, " My name's Touko." She didn't disclose her sirname, not to him, not to anyone- because of her notoriety in Po Town, she feared her name may have spread around Alola. Everyone in Team Skull knew her as 'Touko Poppyfrost, the one that steals things,' and she had heard from other Grunts that people in Alola had started to know her name.

She began to slowly walk, however her Pokégear started to ring. She looked at the name on the screen- 'Boss'. Keeping her cool, she quickly accepted the call before anyone could see the name on the screen, and answered. "Hello? Yeah, I'm in Kanto. I got there about five hours ago. Yeah, I think so. I don't know for sure yet, though. Okay. Um... not now. Bye."

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
On his way to Viridian City, specifically the Pokémon Center, he was thinking of a nickname for his Spearow. “Zach. Yeah, that’s sounds good!” He thought. He sent out the little bird Pokémon to see that it was a bit confused, but it looked at its new trainer. “Spearow!” It squawked, getting closer to Justin. “You’ll be my battling partner for now, because Buddy is fainted, okay?” He said. The Spearow got on Justin’s shoulder, just as Buddy had, and they continued on their way to Viridian City. Justin then noticed a trainer on the road ahead, the one with the Riolu. “I mean, I guess it couldn’t hurt to introduce myself now.” He said to himself, and began walking toward them.

Last edited:
"Touko? Nice name. I like rare names. What was that about?" Gabriel said. He was a bit more suspicious now but he continued to play dumb. If there's one thing he knew, it was that the less you knew, the less trouble you'd get into. And trouble was something he'd like to avoid. He'd still steal things but he knew he'd always get away with that as he was very good at hiding things. He needed to stock up on stuff in Viridian City so that they were headed there was a good thing. He needed potions, food and Pokémon food. All that existed in Viridian so he didn't have to worry

Damocles and Lena started to walk down Route 1 so they could get to Veridian city. As they did, Damocles got out Pidgey's Poké ball and thought about giving him a nickname. "Hmmm, what should I name you that'll make you sound unique to your brethren?" He muttered as Lena noticed the Charmander and playfully greeted him, afterward she offered the Charmander to run around and play while they headed down to Veridian city.

Last edited:
"Um... thank you. Gabriel's nice too," Touko murmured. She was often teased for her name in Po Town, not just for her reputation but for the fact that she was the namesake of a trainer from Unova who had defeated Team Plasma. She put her Pokégear back in her pocket, eyeing the other with her almost lightless maroon gaze. "It was my mom. She lives back in Alola and wanted to make sure if I got there okay," she groaned, lying pretty flawlessly. While she wasn't good at battling, contests, or generally being a nice person, one thing Touko was good at was decieving people. Be it stealing, lying, or cheating, Touko could run for days. "Sometimes I wish she didn't worry so much." This was perhaps the biggest lie of all; Touko's mother was encouraging of her to go on this illegal mission, and bragged about it to the other Admins of Team Skull- embarassing, to say the least. She noticed Blaze run up ahead to Damocles and Lena, And Serpentine gave her a pleading look.

"Yeah, yeah, go on then," she said, and with a squeak of happiness the Snivy pranced over to the Charmander, squeaking and hopping playfully around them.

(i feel like i'm writing waaaaay too much rip)

(I don't think so. Long posts are better in my opinion. Although, i'm right now having a pain trying to balance two roleplays and real life. One of those roleplays is a bit too active @.@)

Blaze greeted back in the new way he had learned; the alolan way. He got even happier as the Riolu offered him to play. And then the Snivy joined them. Even more happiness! Although, these two were way too fast for him to ever catch up to them so he didn't know what they should play. He let the other two decide this time. He was fine with tag if they wanted to play it but wasn't gonna suggest it this time.
"Yeah. That's how mom's are i guess..." Gabriel said. According to what he had seen so far in his life that was true but he didn't know for sure... but he couldn't focus on that now. He needed to keep watch on that girl

"Yeah, they are. My mom's just neurotic because I've literally never stepped foot off Ula'Ula in my whole life," Touko murmured, looking at the floor and dragging her feet along. As much as she loved her life as a Grunt- she got to steal things, go on missions, generally intimidate people, and that gave her a massive adrenaline rush- she did sometimes wish she was born under different circumstances. Perhaps she could have been like the Touko of modern legend- catching a legendary Pokémon and defeating an Evil Team, such as the one she was intertwined with. But, Po Town was her home, and Team Skull were her family- what with Plumeria acting as a big sister to them all, and the Boss taking all of them under his wing as his misfits. She smiled at the interactions going on a short distance away, Serpentine seeming to enjoy herself.

The Snivy, meanwhile, had suggested tag to play with the other two- Serpentine was quick and enjoyed winning, so logically enjoyed this game. She tapped Blaze on the shoulder to tag him and began running ahead down the path, chirping and squeaking in glee.

Gabriel thought he should say something about his own mom but there was not much to say so he was getting a small panic attack. His past was not something he liked to talk about. Or think about for that matter. But he had to say something to her.
"Yeah i understand. Mom is always worried about me when i'm travelling. And i don't have a Pokégear so i'm the one who have to make the calls when i get to Pokémon centers" Gabriel lied. On the inside he was panicking but he kept a straight face. He wished the girl would change the subject to something that wouldn't be about family.

Blaze agreed to play tag and went after the Riolu first. He reached to tag it with a little squeak.

(I'm not saying he actually does tag Lena. I'm just saying that he reaches out to tag her)

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
(((No notifications sry @KieraTheKirlia )))

"How you think you might need protection?" said Luke and smiled. He didnt turned back cause he wanted to stay cool.
"Hey Max,hurry up" said Luke. Then he saw Nidoran just few meters before them.
"Go Zigzagon,use tackle." said Luke. Zigzagoon atracked,and before Nidoran even reacted Luke threw ball and cought him.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Justin decided to hold off on introductions for a bit longer. Not that he didn’t want to meet new people, but he thought it’d be easier to introduce himself in Viridian City if everyone was headed there. Zach chirped happily, and Justin stroked his feathers a bit. “Just a little longer Viridian City...” he said, walking past the trainers he saw.

(I know my posts are kinda short, but I wanna wait a bit longer before I start writing descriptive posts.)

Damocles stopped walking and can't help but smile at how happy Lena was while playing with Serpentine and Blaze. Lena let Blaze tag her because she was too elusive when she wasn't it, besides she had more fun chasing than running and tended to flip into either the Snivy or Charmander's path from time to time.

"Luke, you should know Ralts are not that strong, sorry Vee, but all you know is Teleport and Confusion. I planned on going with Max to keep Vee out of harms way in battles." She looked around as other people were heading onto the route. "Should we get going?"

(Short post, I am busy...)

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
"Then me and Max are gonna protect you. My Ziggy is pretty strong you know." said Luke. They were walking to Viridian City when Luke asked.
"Hey Max why are you so quiet today it looks like something boters you." asked Luke.

Max was confused on what Kiera had said before, but let it go. Max agreed to everything Luke said, except the being bothered part. "Oh, I'm fine. Nothing wrong." Max saw Viridian ahead and started running there.

Last edited: