• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join PokéHuman Forest

Kuro stopped and looked down at Zenix. “Do you think that you can stand?” She asked him, shifting and looking from the ground to the Raichu PokéHuman. “I’m Kuro, a Shiny Umbreon PokéHuman,” she told him, looking at Zenix once again before looking at Timothy. Would Timothy be family since I consider him a friend? He did say friends were family but maybe not, I’m not sure, she thought to herself, her head tilting to the side in contemplation as she looked at Timothy.

"Yeah," Zenix replied to Kuro's question. He got off of Kuro's arms to stand up. When Kuro introduced herself, Zenix realized that this was the PokéHuman Phoenix was talking about. "Pleasure to meet you. I'm Zenix," he said and Phoenix proceeded to hug him by tackling him down to the ground.

"Zenix!!! You're alright!!!" Phoenix cried out in tears as she hugged him.

Timothy watched the reunion between Phoenix and the Raichu Pokehuman, then looked over at Kuro. She looked kind of sad... Then again, didn't she just say she didn't have a family? Oh, smooth move Tim. Of course there's people out there that don't have families. Before Timothy could say anything to Kuro, there was a small "ping" noise from underneath Zenix and Phoenix. With a loud "ka-clunk!" And the crackle of electricity, a weighted bola spun past Timothy, wrapping around the tree above Zenix and Phoenix. Timothy stared at it in shock as it crackled and snapped. If one of them had been standing there...

Kuro looked at Zenix right before he was tackled by Phoenix, her arms falling to her sides. Something whizzed passed Timothy and hit the tree right above the other two PokéHumans and Kuro was speechless as she listened to the tree that lived in the PokéHuman forest crackle and snap. She whipped around, a Shadow Ball in her hand as she looked for the thing that had attacked the, or at least in her mind. She had never seen a trap or something that could trigger a trap although her kind was really good at setting them. She growled a challenge, still looking around for the attacker.

Zenix and Phoenix were silent after hearing something hit the tree above them and making it crack. Zenix look at the tree and saw the thing that hit it. He then turned to Kuro. "What was that?" He asked.

Phoenix got off of Zenix and stood back up after being spooked.

Zenix stood back up as well and looked at Kuro, watching her look for something.

Timothy snapped out of his stunned stupor at the sound of Kuro's growling. The Pokemon Ranger unholstered his Capture Styler and silent walked towards the group of bushes he'd seen the bola fly out of. He gestured towards Kuro to make sure she was able to cover him, then quickly pushed aside the brush, Styler at the ready.

There bushes parted to reveal... No one. Just an unusual group of plants tied together, with a small string leading away from it. A booby trap. It was clear the trap could only be triggered once, and was what just shot at them. Timothy relaxed, putting his Capture Styler back in it's holster. He looked at Kuro.
"This is not good." Timothy said. Tugging on the string of the trap, it lead to where Zenix and Phoenix were lying a moment before. "I guess we're lucky you triggered it the way you did."
The bola was still wrapped around the tree. It let out a few last sparks, then stopped. A wire, with weights on either end to entangle an enemy. Or prey. Not good. Timothy looked back at Kuro.
"Should we keep going?"

Kuro stalked to where Timothy mentioned and only saw plants that were tied together. Her heart sunk as a thought arose to her, her Shadow Ball disappearing, My island is being used as a weapon. She cursed under her breath and straightened, looking back up at Timothy. “Correct, this is bad. I believe we should keep moving but we should be cautious of other things that make our island a weapon,” she said and began walking forward, looking around for anything that could attack them, her bright eyes having a cold look to them.

Zenix looked around the forest to find anything else that looked suspicious and nodded at what Kuro said. He proceeded to follow Kuro. He thought back on what had just happened and realized that if he and Phoenix had not been lying on the ground, they would've been in real trouble. He then looked back at Phoenix and said, "Stay close, okay?"

Phoenix nodded as she followed Zenix. She looked around cautiously, scared that any other traps might trigger.

Timothy quickly followed Kuro, his Capture Styler at the ready. Not that it would do much good if he came face-to-face with a hunter. What would he do, hit the hunter in the face with the disk? One of the Pokeball on his belt, the one hold his Xatu, jiggled and suddenly opened releasing a red light. His Xatu, Tohmak, crowed and stretched it's wings, then looked around at the Pokehumans. He had never seen such strange creatures before. With a squawk, Tohmak flapped his wings and perched on his trainer's shoulder.
"Ah, hey Tohmak." Timothy said. He turned back to Kuro. "Hey, you okay?"

On Timothy's shoulder, Tohmak looked back at Phoenix and Zenix with an impassive look. On the inside, the Xatu was curious. It stared at the pair of Pokehumans, not blinking.

Kuro looked back at Timothy when he asked her a question and looked curiously at Tohmak, Timothy’s Xatu. She wondered if it was a friend or a foe but the way he addressed it told her that it was a friend. “Yes, I’m fine, why? Do I seem to not be? Also, I like the Pokémon on your shoulder,” she said, smiling at Tohmak and stopping to look at the Pokémon and Trainer then glanced around cautiously.

"I dunno, you seemed kinda, well..." Timothy trailed off. Her home was being invaded by people wanting to kidnap her, why wouldn't she be looking intense? Tohmak looked at his trainer, then at Kuro.
"Nevermind." Timothy said, looking away. He tried to look through the underbrush for any dangers, but it was very thick. Finding nothing, Timothy nudged his Xatu.
"If you see something bad about to happen, don't keep it to yourself, got it?" Timothy said to Tohmak. The Xatu nodded, and kept watch. Timothy turned his attention back to Kuro. "So... Where are we going, exactly?"

Kuro tilted her head in confusion, wondering what Timothy was going to say next. She watched him try to look for anything and converse with his Tohmak. She smiled at his next question, her head becoming straight again. “We are going to one of my dens. It’s very hidden, not many can see it if they don’t know what to look for,” she said and started to walk again, her bare feet softly touching the soil and underbrush of the jungle, barely making any noise.

Phoenix started to feel a bit nervous when Tohmak came out and started looking at her. She had nervous seen a Xatu before so it would make sense why she is. She then proceeded to hide from the Xatu by hiding behind Zenix.

Zenix smiled and patted Phoenix on her head. "It's alright," he said to comfort her, "It's not going to hurt you." He then proceeded to follow Kuro, with Phoenix right behind him.

Kuro watched the area with a great caution, trying to spot any traps before they trigger. She occasionally glanced at her companions to make sure they were still there and make sure they were alright. She couldn’t believe she would actually have other creatures at her den, especially a human she had met when she was much younger. A small smile decorated her face as she realized that she had helped said human escape from other humans that had stolen his ship and demanded access to this island. She gave a light huff then saw something she’s seen before, a nonobvious mark that they were almost to her den. “So, Zero, Jacob and Gregor are here to take us and sell us. How exactly do they plan on that? Most of us are really strong, some of us normal Pokémon strength while others can be seen as weak, mostly children. I haven’t seen a child in a while...,” Kuro said, the last part mostly to herself. She began wondering how PokèHumans come into this world. She was hatched from an egg with no one around but Pheonix said that she had a family. She started paying less attention to her surroundings and more focused on her thoughts, which, in this situation, wasn’t very good.
————————————————————
Zero glanced where Gregor had gone, knowing he was leading a false trail. He was beginning to get curious about where the lab was, how many PokéHuman’s they might be able to capture, maximum and minimum, and how much the PokéHuman would make for him. He knew working with another Hunter that he had never met before, much less trusted, wasn’t a good idea but he knew neither of them would achieve anything without the other’s help. Zero would just have to trust that X would do anything to get the great amount of money from selling the PokéHuman’s at the mainland.