• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokédream

Imagine being transported to a whole new world as soon as you woke up. A world from a children's video game. It all seems like a dream, except you can't wake up from.
"Ty! Ty? You're gonna be late." Tyler woke up confused. He got up and looked in his mirror. His hair was red. That wasn't normal, he had brown hair. He rushed down the stairs and looked at his mom. She was normal.
"Get dressed!" She sighed, putting her phone up.
"Its Sunday, I don't have school." He replied slowly going up the stairs.
"Today you get your first Pokémon. Are you sure you are okay?" She looked worried.
"Yeah." He grunted. "How old am I?"
"14. Stop playing games and go get dressed."
That couldn't be right. He didn't turn 14 for another four months. He put on his clothes and looked at hid T.V.
"And that was the 2nd best Pokemon battle of all time. Now on to-" he shut it off.
"Pokémon? I haven't played this in months. How? Why?" He looked at a chair with a bag. He grabbed it and ran down the stairs.
"By the way mom, where do I go?" Tyler shook.
"Professor Oak. He is the best scientist Kanto after all." She waved and he slowly stepped out.
"I can't be the only one, Right?"

Jagged woke up as usual, he fell off the bed again.

"Huh? Uh what's goin' on?" He asked himself as he got up.

"Oh look who's finally awake." Said as his mom who had heard his fall. "Get dressed and head to the professor's lab okay?" She said.

"Yeah mom, no problem." He said as he got up and walked towards his closet where he paused. "Agghhhhh!" He shouted.

"What's wrong?" She asked from down stairs.

"Oh nothing mom." He said in a nervous voice as he went back to his bed to lie down. "This isn't real. This isn't real." He kept repeating to himself until he eventually gave up and got dressed then headed outside. "Is there anyone else here, or am I the only insane person around here?" He asked himself as he sat down next to his house.

Jack woke up.
"Jack! Get up and get dressed!" His mom shouted
Jack wondered what was going on, it was Sunday
"Ehm, I don't have school or anything today mom..." he replied
"Yes, you're going to get your very first pokémon!" She exclamed
Jack was extremely confused...
He got ready, ran downstairs and headed outside
"I can't be the only one around here...?" He questioned

Last edited:
Jagged was sitting outside of his house when he saw another boy outside and ran over to him. "You! Please don't call me crazy and tell me that you're not from this place!" He said in a worried voice. "I don't know if I'm crazy or if I'm the only person here! Please tell me!" He said.

Jack would see the other kid running to him
"Yo, chill out!" He'd say "Yeah, I don't come from this place either,"
Jack would continue
"My name's Jack, what's yours?" He'd ask.

Jagged calmed down a bit before speaking again. "Okay, okay, I'm calm." He said, "Anyways Jack, I'm Jagged, any idea how we got here, or how we can get out." He said. "Becuase I might have a theory but you can explain any ideas you have first."

"So based on my surroundings, in in...Viridian. So I go south. That's Where Oak is." Tyler looked at the route in front of him.
"If I am correct, ledges!" Tyler started jumping. When he got to Pallet Town. He rushed to the lab. Maybe Oak had answers.

Jack replied to Jagged
"Right, I think we got transported in here by something, and the only way out is to complete the journey and become the Champion..."
He continued
"What's your theory?"

"Same as yours we beat the league we beat the dream." He said. "So that means that we have to head to Oak's lab to get our starter! Let's go!" Jagged said to Jack as he began running towards Oak's lab

Jagged managed to get to Oak's lab and as he walked in he saw him at the back of the lab. "Oak! Oak! I need a starter pokemon!" He said as he ran in.

"Oh hello Jagged, here for your first pokemon I see."Oak said to him.

"I'm going to ignore the fact that you know my name, anyways can I have my starter now? Not to be rude, but I'm kind of in a rush." Jagged replied.

"You're going to have to wait for the other two trainers Jagged." Oak replied.

"Fine." He said.

Jack would run in extremely out of breath
"I'm here Professor Oak!" He'd shout

"Ah, Jack, nice to see you here." Oak would reply

"I'll also ignore that you know my name...."

Tyler took slow steps into the lab.
"Hello? Oak?" He picked up the pace until he saw two trainers and the old man himself.

"Ah Tyler. Took you long enough. Shall we get started?"

Jack would sigh
"Yeah, we should get started, I'm already getting kind of bored..."
"Easy there Jack, It takes patients for your Pokemon journey" Oak would reply.
"Yeah, I guess it does..."

"Oh yeah. Pokemon games and text!" Tyler yelled, annoyed.
"In sure ever the robot rivals are bored." Tyler waved his had in the faces of the other trainers.

"Must be some new lines or something." He shrugged.
"So you can choose from these three. Squirt-" Oak started.
"Yeah, Yeah! Charmander, Squirtle, Bulbasaur. We get it!"
"Alright Tyler. You pick last!"

"I'll choose first! Hmmm, I choose... Bulbasaur!" Jack would shout
"Good choice, Jack." Oak would reply
Jack would take the Pokeball with the Bulbasaur in
"I'll name you... after the one on my Pokemon Game! Jano!"

"So tyler's last which means I'm taking my choice." Jagged said as he picked up a ball with a squirtle in it. "Squirtle has the best chances of helping me on this journey, not to mention his shell being his main defense." Jagged explained. "Anyways, Tyler you're up and that means you get Charmander." Jagged said.

"The name Squirtle is fine." Jagged said. "Squirtle and I will win every battle and leave this place!" Jagged said.

"Leave this place? What does that mean?" Oak asked.

"Huh? Oh uh nothing." Jagged replied.

"Well Squirtle has his defence and all and Charmander has his Special attack, but with Bulbasaur, I have more speed." Jack would state
Jack would take Jano out of his Pokeball
"I wonder what you can do..." Jack would wonder...
"Oh well, I guess I have to find out in a Pokémon battle!"

"Um no thank you on the battle." Jagged replied. "The sooner I beat the league the spooner I get put of her, so I'll just watch." Jagged said as he took a step back.

"I'm enjoying this, a lot actually." Jagged replied. "It's just the thought that when we beat the league we'll go back to the real world and everything that happened here will be nothing but a memory." Jagged explained. "Besides I'm just going to watch the battle between you and Tyler and from there I'll go catch myself a weedle, becuase I've always wanted to have a Beedrill." He said.

"Well, if you don't want to battle..." Jack would continue "I'll go catch something else too "
Jack would step out as he left he would shout
"Goodbye Professor!"
"Goodbye, Jack." Oak would reply.

As Jack left the room Oak tried to catch up to him saying he had forgotten something.

"Jack, you forgot your pokedex!" He had yelled.

"Proffesor, I can give it to him." Jagged said as he got his pokedex and Jack's." Alright, let's go catch a weedle." Jagged said to himself.

"Jack catch." Jagged said as he tossed a pokedex to Jack.

Jack spun around and caught it
"Thanks, Jagged!" Jack would shout as he ran into the forest
As he was running he tripped over a weedle and fell down a hole
Jack fell unconscious

"No problem." Jagged had yelled back as he heard a loud crash coming from the direction that Jack had went in. Jagged ran over to where he heard the sound and saw a weedle, a hole and Jack in a hole.

"I would ask what happened but I can put two and two together." Jagged said to himself. Jagged threw a pokeball at the weedle and after three shakes it was caught. "Alright, weedle, check, Jack, on the other hand." Jagged said to himself.

Jagged ran past the woods and towards the nearest town and bought an escape rope, then ran back to help Jack.

"Alright squirtle hold on to this end." Jagged said as he went down the hole to see an unconscious Jack. "Oh, you're an idiot. Squirtle pull him up!" Jagged had yelled to Squirtle as he tied Jack to the rope. "Okay now drop the rope back down so that I can get back up." He said as he pulled himself up.

"Good job buddy." Jagged said to Squirtle as he walked over to Jack and took him to a pokemon center.

Jack woke up confused
"W-what happened...?" Jack asked.
Jack stood up dizzy
Jack almost fell over again
"Woah, okay I'm extremely dizzy what happened Jagged?"

"Alright Blaze. I know that there has to be at least one man here who understands this." Tyler said to his confused Charmander. He looked at his Pokèdex. "Alright, If i remember my strategy, you get Dragon Rage when you evolve. Lets do that."
They began to head over to Towards Viridian.

"I tossed you your pokedex, you caught it, went off running into the forest, tripped over this guy." Jagged said as he released his weedle. "Fell into a hole, you were knocked out, Squirtle and I had to get you out with an escape rope, we dragged you to the pokemon center and yeah that's it." Jagged said. "Anyways I'm gonna stop by the nearest mart and then start heading towards Pewter, wanna come?" Jagged asked.

"Yeah, I'll come..." Jack said confused
Jack headed over to Pewter
He almost tripped over again
"Not this time weedle!" Jack exclaimed
Jack saw something odd...
"Uhmmm, Is that a Pokemon???" Jack asked
He ran towards it... It was a Pikachu
"Woah, a Pikachu!" Jack shouted
He attempted to catch it but it rolled twice and left the Pokeball
"Second times the charm I always say..." Jack sighed
He threw it again... One... Two... Three! Jack had caught it.

"Good job, already catching a pokemon before the first gym is great." Jagged said as they continues towards Pewter.
While Jack was unconscious Jagged trained his Squirtle and Weedle a bit and Weedle was just one level before evolving.

"I wonder if there's a thunder stone in the PokéMart..."
Jack continued
"Race you to Pewter!" Jack shouted as he started running
He watched his path carefully so he didn't fall.

"I hope you fall again!" Jagged yelled out to him as he raced to catch up to him. "Hey by the way. I meant to ask you, you think we could be rivals?" Jagged asked. "You know like your life goal I'd to be better than me and mine is to be better than you, but in the end only one of us can be better." Jagged said

"That's a bit rude!" Jack replied, "Also yeah we could be rivals but I'll always be better!"
Jack said speeding up
Jack, yet again, almost fell over
"Maybe your wish is coming true!" Jack said laughing, "Also there's Pewter city!"

As Jagged saw that Jack was about to make it to the city he sent out squirtle. "Squirtle! Keep using water gun then get in your shell, it'll be a makeshift surf, I'll just be surfing on your shell, alright?" Squirtle followed through with the plan and Jagged got on top of him and just as he was right next to Jack he said, "Startegy is the key, Jack!"

Jack would throw out Jano
"Jano grab Squirtle with vine whip and follow along and grab me with the other vine!"
Jano would grab the Squirtle surfing along with it
"Strategy is the key, Jagged!"
Jano would launch them forward past Jagged and his squirtle

"What?!" Jagged yelled in cofusion. "Alright you win this one Jack." Jagged said as he told Squirtle to return into his pokeball, but he refused. "Alright you can stay out for a while." Jagged said as he caught up to Jack.