• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Pokecharms Winter Tournament: Baby Cup Registration Thread [Locked]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Right, someone brought that up to me before, and I shrugged it off a bit.. :-X

If that intereferes with anyone's teams, let me know and I'll try to compensate in some way, but Deepseatooth and Deepseascale are banned as of now. Shouldn't be any more changes, especially being so close to the deadline.

B

bidoof kid

Just glad I could help! ;D

One minor query I have is about the EV training - if I were to, say, train a sweeper up to Lv 5 killing nothing but Starly in the starting zone, but without any Macho Brace/Pokerus/Power Anklet, would that be allowed? Technically, I'm still EV training, but not enough to make a huge difference.
how do i post my dp friend code and send my team

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
You can put your Friend code into your profile, by clicking Forum Profile Information while viewing your profile summery. After the stuff allowing you to personalise your picture and your personal information you'll see a list of games. About half way down that list it will say Diamond Friend Code and Pearl Friend Code. Just enter your code in the space and click 'Change Profile' at the bottom of the page. Your code is now added.

You need to PM your team to Ruko. If you go to his profile, you'll see:
Send this member a personal message
Click that and send him the information needed to enter.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Concerning banners for the winners - I'd be happy to put together signature banners that link to a 'certificate' page on-site declaring your placement in the tournament.

In fact, depending on the response and my time to devote to such a thing - I could provide a certificate page for all those who enter (and have at least one confirmed battle) and a default signature banner for those who do not place in the finals.

Just throwing that out there - dunno if I'll be able to make good on it yet.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
I swear I'm forgetting to hit post or something o_O
That's two days in a row I've thought to have posted something only to see the post isn't there the next time I looked.
Anyhow, everything I've thought I'd posted has been being handled by other people XD

As Jeydis said, please PM the teams to me rather than posting them here. In fact, if you post them here I'm not going to count you as registered or even read it.

And I've just gotten a couple of ideas for the certificates... one simpler and one a bit more difficult XD
Difficult: Theme the certificate around one or two pokemon the entrant's team, essentially customizing it beyond their name.
Simple: Could make a slightly more generalized certificate, name and eight slots for small sprites [like the ones you see when you view your party] of their entered pokemon. Maybe a few extra slots for the pokemon they've won along the way. It's possible to even animate the sprites in this way.

Could do simple for the top few placers and the difficult for the winner.. But I'm not the person that's going to be sitting in front of photoshop [or whatever other program] making all of this XD
Sound good to all of you?

Also, if you post your team here everyone can see it, and will know your moves and abilities etc.

Just wondering... how do we get FC's of people?

B

bidoof kid

Just glad I could help! ;D

One minor query I have is about the EV training - if I were to, say, train a sweeper up to Lv 5 killing nothing but Starly in the starting zone, but without any Macho Brace/Pokerus/Power Anklet, would that be allowed? Technically, I'm still EV training, but not enough to make a huge difference.
sign me up ruko

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Sound good to all of you?

I think that sounds like a great idea, Ruko. The certificates, both simple and difficult, sound very nice, especially with the pokemon slots for the team members. The certificates are a nice idea in general really.

And don't worry Narutomon, once Ruko has checked your team meets the tournament rules he'll add you. Just be patient ^^

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Sorry everyone, I've been getting behind lately ^^;
I wish I could blame it on life, but I have none... I've just been entirely caught up with FFTA2 since getting it >>;

Also, if you post your team here everyone can see it, and will know your moves and abilities etc.

Just wondering... how do we get FC's of people?
I'll be collecting those in the week after the registration deadline.

[quote author=narutomon link=topic=5141.msg83468#msg83468 date=1229115975]
ruko;i sent you my team.but why was i not registered
[/quote]
Because I got a little behind on PMs that I was getting ^^;
I've replied now, but everyone who has tried to register in the past few days has had one or multiple rule violations. Sorry if this sounds a bit rude, but I probably replied to yours saying something about that ^^;

[quote author=kakashidragon link=topic=5141.msg83556#msg83556 date=1229148086]
Ruko You get my message i sent you about my team i registered?
[/quote]
Same to you, you had multiple rule violations... enough to make you stand out >>
At one point in your PM you said you'd change something if the Item clause was in effect.
Read the rules.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
If you don't save sent messages, I'll need you to type it up again ^^;
I could have sworn I had gotten something from you, so I may have accidentally erased it with one of the dozen messages I get from people wanting to join and asking why Skarmory/Umbreon/Scyther is banned. Or if the pokemon can be at level 100... I could go on for a bit >>

And you haven't sent it to me again yet. If you have, you're not sending it to -ME- because I've received no new messages from you other than your donation.

... oh no, not again! I have saved it luckily, although i thought I hadn't. I'll just send it to you again and hope that you get it.

Hey, it's Toonlink99.
I feel so stupid that I messed up that bad and think it's just better that you remove me from the contest. :-[

I'm really sorry if my post was too long, and to Ruko, have fun with the tournament!(My friend Kyle would always come up to me and go YOU HAVEN'T SIGNED UP FOR THE BABY CUP! Do it now!

Sincerely,
Toonlink99

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Another mass donation, this time by Leafreo.
I still need to check the legitimacy as best I can of all the pokemon though.
[sorry for the skepticism, but it's a rather unbelievable donation ^^;]

Manaphy Egg, Timid Nature inside
Shiny Eevee, Modest nature, no egg moves.
Azelf, Timid Nature, full special movepool
Deoxys, Calm Nature, has Rock Tomb for some reason [OT: SPACE C]
Jirachi, Quirky Nature, no special moves [OT: WISHMKR]
Treecko, Jolly Nature, Swords Dance, Brick Break, Aerial Ace, Rock Slide, [Pokerus]
Lotad, Calm Nature, Leech Seed, Ice Beam, Water Pulse, Rain Dance [Rain Dish ability]
Mew, Hardy nature, no special moves [OT: MYSTRY]
Mew, Lonely nature, Synthesis [OT: Hayley]
Celebi, Sassy Nature, no special moves [OT: 10 ANIV]

Old Amber
Dragon Scale
Master Ball
Apicot Berry
Petaya Berry
Starf Berry
Enigma Berry
Lansat Berry
Salac Berry
Ganlon Berry
Liechi Berry
Odd Keystone
Protector
Choice Specs

I'm going to sort thorugh all of these tomorrow, and officially post them in a more orderly manner, on the first post.

I'm also going to clean up the prizes section, and take out a lot of the extra information; instead of including it in the post, I'll have a PM ready with all of the specific details about every prize, or can send specific details about a few prizes to those who are interested.

.....wow! This'll make the tourney a lot more fun, with the thoughts of winning some of those :p

I'm in need of a Salac, and similar, berries. Might just have to pick one of those up if I get a high spot :)

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
All of the prizes I posted check out to the best I can check... but there were two he gave me that I didn't list last night since I found out rather immediately they were hacked.
One was a Darkrai caught on Newmoon Island
The other was a Shiny Modest charmander egg that hatched shiny but didn't stay shiny

For that reason, I'm going to have to say you -may- be receiving a hack if you choose one of them, but they look real enough nobody can really prove anything if you were to pick them XD

*wanders off to update the prizes section*

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior

Why is it I can't find what I said in my outbox? ;_;
I have all messages set to automatically go there D:

PM me your pokemon and held items and I'll tell you again, don't worry about stats and everything, I haven't had anyone violate that so far, so I know that wasn't why.

ruko'this is my team with the held items.please tell me when i am registered.

ralts/oran berry
eletrike/no item
snover/no item
charamader/no item
magnemite/no item
driftloon/no item
glameow/no item
barboach/no item

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
.. I never received your PM either.

My email inbox, which I remember I have as a backup for deleted PMs, doesn't have a single PM from you and I've never before seen that team XD

PM me again with stats and such, because that looks just fine to me ^^
Click Here to PM me

[edit]
Ruko You get my message i sent you about my team i registered?
Digging through my inbox, you only PMed me only six pokemon
among them you mentioned "if item clause is on i'll go with brightpowder or zoom lens".
Your six pokemon contained a Bagon, Totodile and Shieldon.
You didn't PM me stats or hatch dates.

All of that together pretty thoroughly proves that you didn't read the rules at all.

[EDIT]

Sorry I'm getting behind on actually checking over registration, everyone.. The numbers are getting to me a bit x_x
I've given someone an extension through monday, and will be done registering everyone by that night.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
... That sentence should end with a question mark.
And I mean exactly what I said, I never received a PM from you. I have no history of it in my email inbox.

[EDIT]

Locking this topic up as I make a thread for the actual battles to take place :)
Tournament bracket as it's shaping up so far and entrant teams will be unveiled.

Status
Not open for further replies.