• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Pokecharms Winter Tournament: Baby Cup Registration Thread [Locked]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
And how can I trust that you've read the tournament rules if you haven't even read the Pokecharms rules?

[quote author=Halls of Justice]4. Double, Triple, Quantiple, et cetera, posting is not allowed. Use the modify/edit button. The sole exception is if you're bumping a topic that has fallen behind with new information pretaining to this topic. Art/Writing topics may also be double/triple/whatever posted by the artist/author to post new material - but ONLY by the topic's creator.[/quote]

I don't see any of those conditions met, so consider yourself warned.

*Goes to quote the first thread*

I suppose I'll get right to it then... In order to qualify for this tournament, pokemon must both be unevolved, but capable of evolving.

Skarmory isn't capable of evolving, so no.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
.. I do believe you've come across a n00b, LoN.

For Ahmon
[quote author=The Halls of Justice]4. Double, Triple, Quantiple, et cetera, posting is not allowed. Use the modify/edit button. The sole exception is if you're bumping a topic that has fallen behind with new information pretaining to this topic. Art/Writing topics may also be double/triple/whatever posted by the artist/author to post new material - but ONLY by the topic's creator.[/quote]
If you'll look at the post IMMEDIATELY before yours, you'll see where I've quoted that.. This brings me to the next rule.

[quote author=The Halls of Justice]8. For the love of all things fuzzy, READ the thread you're replying to entirely before making your own reply![/quote]
I can somewhat understand not reading and memorizing every post in the thread, but you haven't read the rules and couldn't read the post directly before yours.

Enjoy your time in the realm, and good luck proving you've read the rules to get out :)

[edit]
Yes, he is banned. That should be apparent by what LoN quoted >>

:o :) :) :) :) :) ??? ??? :'( :'( :'( :'( beautiful. count me in. i'll post my team up when i have it ready. but trust me. i'll be in it for sure.

Not so many smilies next time flamay1. It's very distracting. Oh, and some proper sentence mechanics would be nice.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
I'd like to enter the tournament if I can...

Sorry if I've sounded a bit discouraging in my past couple of posts ^^;
You're added, just PM me your team when you have it done.

*pokes the person with many faces*
You'll need to prove you've read the Pokecharms Rules before I'm able to believe you have read or will read the tournament rules.

:-[ sorry about the faces. I was just too excited! I absolutely love baby pokemon and would love to have some fun with everyone. You (RUKO) told me that i needed to understand the rules. to do so i will write a little about the team that i hope to apply. First, none of my pokemon will have 1hko moves. Second, none of my pokemon will have the moves dragonrage, accupressure, or sonicboom which would pretty much go under 1hko moves theoretically. Third, all my pokemon will be hatched by me, but in the rules it is okay to have them hatched by another person just as long as you know they did'nt EV train (effort value). No two pokemon can be of the same species. This i would go for since a team of shroomish ( with effect spore) would be kind of boring to defeat. If there is anything else you would like me to clarify i can do so. But trust me. I will be using tm's and hm's ( i love them and they're not restricted)

Sorry I did not sign up earlier!

Name:Jaylen
Friend Code: 5327 4221 0373
ID:17673
Pokemon 1:Mareep, Everstone
Hardy Nature
Static ability

Move 1:Thunder
Move 2:Charge
Move 3:Tackle
Move 4:Growl
HP:20
Attack:9
Defense:9
Sp. Attack:13
Sp. Defense:10
Spped:9
Day Hatched:Jul.31,2007

Pokemon 2:pichu,Everstone
Lax nature
Static ability
Move 1:Thunderbolt
Move 2:Thunder
Move 3:Iron Tail
Move 4:Tail Whip
HP:17
Defense:7
Sp. Attack:8
Sp. Defense:8
Speed:12
Day Hatched: Jul.21,2007

Pokemon 3:Onix, Everstone
Mild Nature
Rock Head ability
Move 1:Iron Tail (which I do not understand)
Move 2:Stone Edge
Move 3:Bind
Move 4:Double-Edge
HP:18
Defense:19 (wow :o)
Sp. Attack:8
Sp. Defense:10
Day Hatched:Jul.5,2007

Pokemon 4:Turtwig,Everstone
Lax Nature
Overgrow ability
Move 1:Energy Ball
Move 2:Tackle
Move 3:Withdraw
No fourth move
HP:21
Attack:12
Defense:13
Sp. Attack:10
Sp. Defense:9
Speed:9
Day Hatched:Jun.6,2008

Eevee/nicknamed Moonlight,Everstone
Bold Nature
Run away ability
Move 1:Tackle
Move 2:Shadow Ball
Move 3:Helping Hand
Move 4:Tail Whip
Defense:12
Sp. Attack:11
Sp.Defense:11
Speed:11
Day Hatched:Dec. 3, 2008 Sorry, it's HP is 21.

Pokemon 6:Eevee/nicknamed Sunny,Everstone
Modest Nature
Run away ability
Move 1:Tackle
Move 2:Double Team
Move 3:Helping Hand
Move 4:Dig
HP:21
Defense:10
Sp.Attack:11
Sp.Defense:12
Hatched on Dec.3,2008

Those are my Pokemon, and as I said before, I am willing to give any Pokemon in the world and masterballs.
Sorry for not signig up earlier!
ToonLink99

Same here.
I just signed up my looooooooooooooooooooong letter of Pokemon I am going to use, and it says I am removed. I'm not sure what happened, or if I'm just supposed to wait 24 hours.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Um, not to be offensive ToonLink, but Ruko isn't going to accept a team like that since it shows you haven't looked at the rules of the tournament once. Basically:

- You need EIGHT Pokemon for this, not six.

- "Species Clause" won't let you use both Eevee in your team at once - keep that in mind.

- Restricted List A also won't let you use both Turtwig and Eevee in your team at once either.

- Double Team is completely forbidden, and can't be on any of your movesets at all.

I'd look over the rules again if I were you.

I'm really interested in this, but sadly I only have wifi while at school, and over that time period I will be on break. I am looking forward to doing this in the future. Provided the rules don't change, I have a team set out that I should use next time around. I look forward to seeing how this goes.

Just another note to ToonLink99: The rules also specify that no two Pokémon may hold the same item. That means you can't throw an everstone on everything.
And Ruko, correct me if I'm wrong, but I understood the rules to be that you may have up to eight on your team, but do not necessarily have to have eight. Is that right or did I misread something?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
??? i have pm'd u my team, but i'm not registered. what does registered mean then?
No, you PM'd me your team members. I need full movesets and stats much like you see in ToonLink99's post.
I need more than just your members, or I have no way of checking for EV training and have no information to send people you trade your pokemon to after battle.

[quote author=flamay1 link=topic=5141.msg82340#msg82340 date=1228342117]
You (RUKO) told me that i needed to understand the rules.
[/quote]

I don't mean the tournament rules, I meant the Pokecharms Rules. The ones that govern the whole forum, such as the overuse of smilies. [the ones found here
But thank you for proving you've read the tournament rules XD

ToonLink99, you've been removed. You didn't even check the reply I made to your previous post or respond to the PM I sent asking if you still wanted to take part when you vanished.
The team you posted violates the rules in three ways.
PM me if you think you'd still like to take part, there's a certain prize I'm looking for you may have.
I'll let you back in if you do ;)

Just to be clear on something KoL pointed out [or to be really confusing]
Out of the EIGHT pokemon you pick, you may use more than one pokemon of the same species. But for any SIX-pokemon battle team you build from those eight, you may NOT have the same pokemon. One will always have to be sitting out.
Doing the above may give you the upperhand of a surprise on your opponent in a later battle when you've the pokemon.

[quote author=Xatu link=topic=5141.msg82414#msg82414 date=1228399343]
And Ruko, correct me if I'm wrong, but I understood the rules to be that you may have up to eight on your team, but do not necessarily have to have eight. Is that right or did I misread something?
[/quote]

That's correct, but you'll have to explicitly tell me you don't want eight. I don't see any tactical advantage to using six, it just makes it seem like you didn't read the rules. I suppose you get bragging rights as a showoff if you win with just six XD

And I look forward to seeing you in future tourneys :)

Ruko, I PM'd u my team and movesets, stats and hatching dates laid it out like u put on the rules. :-\ I didn't just PM u my team, because i remember spending ages checking sure I'd got all the stuff right.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
If you save sent messages, may I have you send it again?
I don't have it, and I don't have any record of replying to you at all [which means I had you confused with someone else before]

If you don't save sent messages, I'll need you to type it up again ^^;
I could have sworn I had gotten something from you, so I may have accidentally erased it with one of the dozen messages I get from people wanting to join and asking why Skarmory/Umbreon/Scyther is banned. Or if the pokemon can be at level 100... I could go on for a bit >>

[edit]
On another note, please spell out the word "you"

ok. I'll type it out again then and send it to you. No problem. ;)

By the way, people who don't read the rules are so annoying. e.g. I want to enter my EV trained Lv 81 Sableye. so don't do it people. read the rules please.

[quote author=jertyuiop link=topic=5141.msg82434#msg82434 date=1228427638]

By the way, people who don't read the rules are so annoying. e.g. I want to enter my EV trained Lv 81 Sableye. so don't do it people. read the rules please.
[/quote]
Now that is irony. You can edit your first post instead of double posting like that.

Anyway I just wanted to leave a quick tip here for you guys. When thinking out your movesets keep in mind this simple breeding trick, you can transfer moves from parents of the same species to get higher level moves for that species.

eg: I want my charmander to have Fire Fang, but sadly it is not an official egg move for it. But what I can do is raise a male and a female charmander/leon/zard high level enough to have Fire Fang and breed them together. Then the resulting charmander will have Fire Fang ^_^. Usually you want to do this step last in your moves so that you dont have to redo the process over and over. So breed your other species egg moves first and then pick a male to raise for the same species transfer.

Hope this helps ^_^

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
I've done a double post like that before on accident >>;
If you accidentally hit send before you're done, don't hit stop XD

@Jeydis: That's part of the little breeding guide I threw together XP
Covers egg moves, level moves and TM moves. If there's a way to get the attack on the pokemon, it's in there XD

Celebi Mew, do you mean that you're going to be two entrants? Or that you and your sister will be sharing one entry?

L

Leafreo

I Want To Join!

Hi Everyone!, my first post xD

I see the tournament and I like to join. Must have Team soon, I read the rules. I also want to cooperate with a prize but I need to see my storage and Items.

Pardon me if I mispelling something or if I do not write something correctly. I am foreign and translate a little literal Un_ñ

*Needs to Study more english and play less pokemon*

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Aside from a few capitalization and minor errors, your typing seems well enough to me XD
Added to the list, Leafreo. :)

Hope you don't mind, but I'm going to have to withdraw. Life has been making me really busy and I've had less and less time to do stuff >>
sorry if there is an inconvenience. (Hopefully there's not) And good luck to all the people that can participate :)

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
It would only be an inconvenience if you hadn't said anything ;)
Hope to see you in the next one, whenever it happens XD

L

Leafreo

It's a good idea if you add to the prizes a banner that shows what places did you get (1st,2nd or 3rd).

They would be good to presume your victory xD

It's a only suggestion

Nah, because then just anyone could save it and re-upload it to make it look as if they won.

Could I post a prize donation here? Or would i definitely have to PM Ruko with the suggestion? From what I've seen, he announces the prize and it's donor when he approves of it.

L

Leafreo

Nah, because then just anyone could save it and re-upload it to make it look as if they won.

If the banner is linked to a "A Hall of Fame" or something like that, theres a proof of victory

Nah better then that the person who makes the banner simply puts the name of the winner in it. Cant claim that if it isnt yours :p

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Custom Rank and Title can't be shown off elsewhere on the internet though XP
And I'd prefer to be PM'd the prizes, Shado... but I don't mind them being posted here XD

I can do these banners if you would like, Ruko :)

If so, send me as much detail as you want/can via PM/Shop.

Quote from Jeydis:
Now that is irony. You can edit your first post instead of double posting like that.

Oops, forgive me, I seriously thought I edited, I didn't mean to double post. Please don't n00b me, it was an accident.

L

Leafreo

I check the list and Clamperl with DeepSeaTooth is not banned.

Its too powerful to be in the baby cup, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.