• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Pokecharms Winter Tournament: Baby Cup Registration Thread [Locked]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Read the post :p
You'll have to read over rules anyway, if you plan on joining.

I'd like to offer my chained shiny Ralts and Tyrogue to the winners ^^

Also, one of my Riolu's with Blaze Kick, Crunch, High Jump Kick and Bullet Punch as well as one of my Shinx with Attract, Spark, Crunch and Ice Fang.

I have about a million Shinx and Riolu's with those movesets, so I'm going to offer them to the winners if interested ^^

hmmmm sounds cool although what if we dont have any level fives (obviously we level them up) but other than that ???

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Breed them. Read the first post and you'll find everything you need to know about the tournament, including that every one of your team needs to be hatched, and therefore leveling them up to level five should take no time at all.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Thank you Silver ^^

And grab my attention the next time you're in chat, Middy :)
I'd prefer to only take one of each pokemon for a prize, and I'll discuss natures XD

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I'd laugh my balls off if someone spend forever breeding up the perfect natured, IV'd egg move'd Pokemon and then accidentally levelled it up to Level 6 by defeating too high level a Pokemon.

No. Seriously, I'd have no testes left. They'll have gone. I'd be laughing that hard.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Am I the only one starting to get annoyed at people asking questions related to the rules they're supposed to have already read before entering this comp.? :p

Questions like that make me more wary about future competition rule breaking, so please peoples... if you're interested in entering this, read through the rules first. It will save you and anyone else involved in running this thing (namely Ruko) a lot of headaches in the future.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
If the problem continues then maybe future tournaments should be 'regular members' only, or something along those lines. It's nice to have open tournaments, but at least regular members as a whole can be trusted to read the rules. All the 'I haven't read the rules' questions have come from new members, I believe. I'm sure poor Ruko would have a lot less hassle :p

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
It would be quite helpful to have someone read over the tourney rules before posting... but I don't want them to be afraid to ask questions at all in case they accidentally skimmed over something.
I tend to do that myself pretty often ^^;

I'll be PMing closer to the beginning of December if I haven't heard from them again, to make sure they haven't vanished off the face of the forum.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
You PM me with what you'd like to donate.
And welcome aboard :)

Prize donation by Midnight Shadows: Jolly Riolu with Bullet Punch, Blaze Kick, Hi Jump Kick and Crunch.

I'll join. i joined this yesterday cause i heard you guys are doing a tourny so I joined.My cusion might join to for the toruny,but im sure thu.Also if we both(me and my cusion) both battle in the first round(me and him in a match togther) do we still have to give each other a pokemon if we want to, cause he'll be playing with me at my house for the tourny?One last thing for lvl 5 pokemon, can we use pokemon like the eevee's other stages in it or not?

Also I have read the rules!

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
[quote author=kakashidragon]do we still have to give each other a pokemon if we want to,[/quote]
Yes, you still have to give them a pokemon, unless the winner of the match declines to accept a pokemon from the loser

[quote author=Ruko]I suppose I'll get right to it then... In order to qualify for this tournament, pokemon must both be unevolved, but capable of evolving.[/quote]
From the very beginning of the second paragraph which should answer your question on Eevee.
I'd suggest you re-read the rules if you missed something right at the top.

As a final note for kakashidragon: Please use proper spacing and capitalization in your posts. It gets annoying to read when you dont space after the periods.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
I'd have to say you're pretty brave to be entering with only five pokemon, but welcome aboard XD
Read over the first post to see the format on how to PM me your team information.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
My game is fux'd, so I can't play, but I'll be interested in following this :)

Ill join.
Although i might have to drop out depending on the tourney date(i didn't see it at all in the first post).
Ill pm my team within the next couple weeks

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Deadline for PMing me your team is Saturday, December 20th, and the Tourney starts the next Saturday, December 27th

And it's good to have you, Aero :)
I'll throw you in as unsure until you reply again, since you didn't see the dates XD

I would Like My team of Rad Pokemon, to be in this Winter Cup! :p
1) Squirtle (Can i use my Action Replay to catch this one (Lv 1) ? My other one Evolved when i was on the toilet ;D)
2) Elekid, cause I hate Magbys >:( (Replay again)
3) Magikarp (Can i learn that different move, cause splash is a bit... um... well you know...)
4) Smoochum (OMG! so cute, again Replay for tht too?)
5) Baltoy (Probs my Fave Pokemon Apart from Fir Pokemon, cause im OTT with them)
6) Finally... BONSLY!!! (LOVE THT SO MUCH ;D ;D)
The Replay pokemon will be caught at Lv 1 then gave rare candies till Lv 5.
1 last thing, I read ur poem about Flanders Field, and you made me Cry :'(
BYE!
RU553LL

I might be in the toruny, but i'm not sure if I'll be home then(cause for chrismas I'll be at my grandma's for that,not sure how long thu i'll be there)I'll let you know before i go up there to see if I'll home in time for the battles.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
First of all, you should read the first post Russel. You'll see part of what's wrong with your team of six pokemon when you do.
Second, All pokemon must be hatched, not captured.
Third, no you may not use an AR for any of your pokemon. To be honest, if you hack something to breed with, I can't trace it.. As the first post says, all pokemon must be bred.

Kakashidragon, I'll need to know by December 15th or so if you're taking part, and you'll need to know in time to get your team together... and please watch the punctuation in your posts. It's very hard to read when you type in one long run-on sentence. Spacing between what punctuation you did use would be nice too.

Ya ill take part, if I you do the a "next round" after chrismas like the following weekend, i'll try to show up, or you can PM me telling when the next round will be.

Also heres the pokemon i'll be using:
Totodile
Ralts
Crowcunk (cant spell his name)
Bagon
Shieldon
Starly
Should I list the moves for them or not? I'm not done picking the moves for them but i'm working on it. I should have the moves picked before the tournys starts or way before that.

Ya ill take part, if I you do the a "next round" after chrismas like the following weekend, i'll try to show up, or you can PM me telling when the next round will be.

Also heres the pokemon i'll be using:
Totodile
Ralts
Crowcunk (cant spell his name)
Bagon
Shieldon
Starly
Should I list the moves for them or not? I'm not done picking the moves for them but i'm working on it. I should have the moves picked before the tournys starts or way before that.

totodile, bagon and shieldon are forbidden in this tournament

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Totodile, bagon and shieldon aren't forbidden, they're restricted, meaning that you can have one of them on your team. You can have another restricted Pokemon as back up too, since we're recommended to have eight Pokemon, although the two restricted Pokemon wouldn't be able to used together in a battle.

Kakashidragon - You need to PM Ruko with your team, not post them here for us all to see XD
You need to follow the format Ruko requested too, which you'll find in the first post.

Ruko - Just a quick question. I had a browse (Stalker!) through the entrants and a couple of them don't have friend codes listed in their profiles. I assume they'll be a list of friend codes + Game names posted along with our teams when they are made public, or will you just request that they add them to their profiles? XD

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
I'd like to assume people who've posted here are smart enough to know they need WiFi first... >>

Also, in regards to Kakashi posting his team like that, I'm going to be releasing team members after everyone is registered. Not attacks/Natures or anything else, just the member species XD

But yes, please PM me your team with full info, Kakashidragon. :)

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I thought he was implying that he was going to post his movesets here as well, so I thought I'd better mention it, just in case ^^;

You can count me in. This is a great way to kick off my time here. I have a minor problem, it being I don't have Wi-Fi (okay, big problem), but if the tournament is in January I think I'll have it fixed before then. Can't wait for this tournament to start :)

The tournament starts December 27th. If you can't get it fixed by then, then it's too bad.

You could register with Ruko though.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Go ahead and make a team if you feel like it... We should be doing more Baby Cups, and you can enter it then if your Wi-Fi isn't up.

Though I'd have to say you'll need Wi-Fi by the registration deadline, because that's the week we use to set everything up. If you don't have it by December 20th, just wait until the next tourney :)

Okay, I think I should have it ready by December 20th. I'm not 100% sure, but I'll go ahead and start setting up my team anyways. Thanks.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Please learn to type properly first..
Posts are really hard to read without punctuation and grammar.

I've made my pokemon lv 5 by giving it 2 the day care. Just walk around in the room and keep on tapping the poketech (while it's on app 9) until the required pokemon is lv 5.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Aside from the fact that seems like an entirely random post.. I wouldn't recommend doing that XD
If you hatched your pokemon with full moveset, and it learns any attacks between levels 2 and 5, you'll lose one.

Not really sure how many pokemon learn attacks that early, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.