• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Pokecharms Winter Tournament: Baby Cup Battle Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
I figured I would go ahead and make a new, much less cluttered thread for battles to be arranged in. I've also got the bracket up in what -should- be its final stage, but I still need final confirmation from four people who had minor violations in their teams.

I have a person who can stand filler should two people drop out, but any more than that and people are going to win on Technicalities :/

I've also listed the tournament battle regulations again, so there won't be any flipping back to the old thread needed. If I've left anything out that you think is neccessary, post and I'll re-add it to this thread.

Anyhow, here's the tournament Bracket ^^

Jeydis
Midnight Shadows

King of Lucario
Omega1095

Deft Funk
Doggy Ears

LoN_Colossus
Sem

Jertyuiop
D

Silver Magpie
Dutytrooper

Ulises87g
Ice_Trey

Leafreo
Aero

| Midnight Shadows
[size=11pt]| King of Lucario[/size]
| King of Lucario------/
+------------------+
[size=12pt]| Sem |[/size]​
+------------------+
| Deft Funk/\
[size=11pt]| Sem[/size]--------------/\
| Sem -----------------/|
|-----------|
[size=14pt]| Sem |[/size]
|-----------|
| D
[size=11pt]| Silver Magpie[/size]----\
| Silver Magpie--------/\
+------------------+
[size=12pt]| Silver Magpie |[/size]
+------------------+
| Ice_Trey
[size=11pt]|Aero[/size]
| Aero------------------/

[size=12pt]Entrants' teams[/size]
A line of dashes signifies that their last slot is empty [They only registered six or seven pokemon]

Aero
0602 9431 0030
-Croagunk
-Snover
-Skorupi
-Bronzor
-Gible
-Geodude
-Houndour
-Wingull

D
3050 9609 1855
-Houndour
-Bulbasaur
-Magnemite
-Natu
-Riolu
-Gastly
-Spheal
----

DeftFunk
0774 4394 9586
-Stunky
-Ekans
-Oddish
-Gastly
-Venonat
-Koffing
-Grimer
----

Doggy Ears
2406 8100 9956
-Shroomish [Effect Spore]
-Shroomish [Poison Heal]
-Vulpix
-Eevee
-Pichu
-Cubone
-Ekans
-Mankey

Dutytrooper
2235 0248 9092
-Gastly
-Poocheyena
-Hoothoot
-Buizel
-Shinx
-Bidoof
-Shellder
-Wingull

Ice_Trey
4768 9076 2838
-Exeggcute
-Gastly
-Cubone
-Staryu
-Mareep
-Phanpy
-Swinub
-Houndour

Jertyiop
0688 7702 4116
-Ledyba
-Poliwag
-Gulpin
-Electrike
-Koffing
-Seedot
-Swinub
-Zigzagoon

Jeydis
1676 3520 2535
-Meowth
-Charmander
-Duskull
-Spoink
-Psyduck
-Chinchou
-Larvitar
-Elekid

King of Lucario
4553 6721 1934
-Riolu
-Bagon
-Elekid
-Staryu
-Houndour
-Pinco
-Koffing
-Happiny

Leafreo
5069 6612 3052
-Staryu
-Chikorita
-Diglett
-Bronzor
-Treecko
-Houndour
-Croagunk
-Tentacool

LoN_Colossus
3952 8198 0099
-Gastly
-Cacnea
-Slowpoke
-Magnemite
-Grimer
-Baltoy
-Vulpix
-Porygon

Midnight Shadows
2535 3502 0121
-Shinx
-Riolu
-Vulpix
-Togepi
-Buizel
-Phanpy
-Cacnea
-Drifloon

Omega1095
3351 1989 1308
-Budew
-Buizel
-Tyrogue
-Pichu
-Cyndaquil
-Bronzor
-Pidgey
-Duskull

Sem
0602 2994 9413
-Staryu
-Mime Jr.
-Grimer
-Drifloon
-Houndour
-Porygon
-Meowth
----

Silver Magpie
4382 0799 9237
-Electrike
-Gible
-Natu
-Buizel
-Magby
-Skorupi
-Houndour
-Skitty

Ulises87g
1203 6602 6156
-Slowpoke
-Shellos
-Whismur
-Turtwig
-Cherubi
-Lotad
-Anorith
-Treecko

[size=12pt]Tournament Rules and Regulations[/size]

Banned Attacks
Sonicboom, Dragon Rage, and Accupressure are banned from use in this tournament.

Sleep Clause: You may not put two of your opponent's pokemon to sleep at the same time. If the sleeping Pokemon wakes up or is KO'd, you may use another sleep move on it or a different pokemon.
If your opponent uses Rest and switches pokemon, you may still put one of their pokemon to sleep.
If effect spore activates and puts a pokemon to sleep, you may not put another to sleep until they wake up.
If effect spore activates and puts a second pokemon to sleep, you will not be disqualified.
If a Swablu is put to sleep and switches out, it has been cured of its status and you can put another to sleep.
Other pokemon with Natural cure [Staryu, Budew, Happiny] also have secondary abilities, so you may not put another pokemon to sleep until you've confirmed that they had Natural Cure and have been healed.

Evasion Clause
Double Team and Minimize are banned from use.
Attacks such as Flash, Sand Attack and smokescreen are not banned from use.
I'm mentioning it here too since it can raise evasion: Accupressure is banned.

Self-KO Clause
If your last pokemon out uses Selfdestruct or Explosion in order to make the battle a draw, you've lost. Double Edge and it's kind, Life Orb, and Sandstorm/Hail don't count here.

OHKO Clause
Horn Drill, Fissure, Sheer Cold and Guillotine are all banned from use.

Species Clause
You may not have two pokemon of the same species on your team at once... This means your six-pokemon team you will be battling with

Item Clause
No two pokemon may hold the same item. This is also for your six-pokemon team.
Keep in mind items must be the same for all battles and cannot be swapped in between.

Pokemon Requirements
All pokemon are to be level 5 for battles, and battles will be Open-Level

Good Sportsmanship
If you lose your match, you may not reveal any information involving an opponent's team to other people until the tournament is over. Doing so will result in being n00b'd [possibly banned], and you will not be allowed to take part in any further competitions.

Special Restrictions
Trick Room may not exist anywhere in a six-pokemon team containing Trapinch
Pokemon attacks that can only be learned Via Platinum move Tutors may not be used.
If a pokemon was hatched in a Third Generation game, Emerald move tutors may still be used.
TMs and HMs ARE Allowed. As are egg moves and level moves, if they can be bred on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
This thread.

Lulz, two word post, though, because of my off-topic commenting on how this is a two word post, it is now actually a 29 word post.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Will you put the FC's of people on this thread? Or will you put it somewhere else?

[Edit] Good luck everyone!

In this thread once they're all done being gathered. They'll go directly underneath the bracket along with each member's teams.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Just a quick question, but I assume everyone isn't fighting on the same day... that would be a pain to govern XD How are the dates going to be set up?

I'm not competing, but I guessing that whenever the two battlers have time before a given date or something. But that's just my guess.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
I've had a few people ask me, so I should probably say here to prevent more of the same question XD

The times battles will take place depends on combatants.. I'll leave it up to the competitors to decide when to hold their battles.
That might seem a bit loose, but since we can't very well monitor the battles anyway, it's already up to cooperation and trust over who wins and loses.

I'd like to get the first set of matches out of the way over Saturday and Sunday.
Then the next round on Monday
And the Semi Finals and Finals on Tuesday... Might put the finals off permitting schedules just for suspense and gambling XP

I also can't help but notice I"ve labeled the semifinal rounds as the quarterfinal rounds on the bracket >>;;
Fixing that now.

[EDIT]

Decided to go ahead and re-edit links to profiles into the bracket. Feel free to PM your competitors :)

[EDIT AGAIN]
Editted all the FCs so far underneath everyone's name. I still need two, and Linkachu has PM'd them. I'd like everyone to double-check that their FCs match what is under their name since most were copied directly from the profiles XD
Thanks to Linkachu for gathering everyone's FCs~

I guess we post results here...? If not, move the post to where it's needed :p

Sem beat me, 2-0. I traded him Slowpoke.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Two (fairly major) problems I have with the alloted days is I won't have much access to Wi-Fi until after January 4th, and I don't have a great deal of time on my hands as it is at the moment due to uni work. I'll do what I can to keep to the assigned dates, although my battles may end up being a bit later than the others. I'll do what I can to keep you updated.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
I guess we post results here...? If not, move the post to where it's needed :p

Sem beat me, 2-0. I traded him Slowpoke.

Yes, that's the primary means of this thead XD
And I suppose battling early isn't a problem at all... This really doesn't have to be organized, I suppose, I just wanted battles to try and be done before it got too late.

At the same time, you're not supposed to say which Pokemon you chose for your prize; those are supposed to be surprise pokemon for later on in the tourney XD

At the same time, you're not supposed to say which Pokemon you chose for your prize; those are supposed to be surprise pokemon for later on in the tourney XD
Heh, ask him for the story of where it's going if you're interested :p

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
He's already told me, but let's not get too off-topic here, shall we? XD

I've still received no word from Narutomon, so I think it's fairly safe to assume he won't be joining us.. but he still has until tomorrow.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Random note: ulises87g PM'd me his friend code, so I edited it into the first post. That is all XD

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Still no word on Narutomon, but I suppose everyone should start battling now XD
I'm going to string together a series of PMs to send to everyone.

They'll contain your opponent, their FC and their Team members as well as a link to PM them.

[EDIT]
All PMs have been sent. If there's an issue contacting your opponent, let me know at the end of the day by PM.
So long as battles go smoothly, Both competitors should post the results of the match here.
Keep in mind the pokemon chosen as a prize should only be revealed by the victor, should they choose to.

[EDIT AGAIN]
Anyone in the tournament been able to get Nintendo WFC working today?
I've not been able to connect to Doggy Ears or Deftfunk for the past few hours.. though I've only just connected with DeftFunk.

My WiFi has never been screwy and they can't connect to me or each other.. I think there may be problems with Nintendos servers, but I need other people to respond before I can say >>;

Oh, so that's why you wanted me to connect to WiFi in chat. I would have, but I didn't see it until a few hours later. sorry about that. ^^;

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Good to know WiFi is back up again.. I got word from DeftFunk that a Brawl tourney had to be canceled because nobody could connect.. So I'm just thinking Nintendo was having matinence yesterday or something...

Seems some people are having timezone troubles... so I might have to do some more tournament shuffling >>;

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Thought I'd note that Aero and King of Lucario have swapped places in the bracket to accomodate time zones.

Problem being if they end up facing off in the finals, there might not be any way for them to battle -_-

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
It's up to us competitors to arrange our fights. However, in your case Leafreo and Aero haven't battled yet, so you need to wait for them to have theirs to see who your opponent will be. As soon as they've battled you can arrange your battle with whomever wins.

Keep checking the table at the beginning of the thread for updates, although Ruko will probably PM you the winners Friend code/pokemon to remind you as well ^^

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Wifi is still being occasionally b0rked for a few people, and only right when they want to battle... sorry it's taking so long for some of the battles to get sorted :/

In the case of Leafreo and Omega, I may just eliminate both of them soon as they're only responding/checking the forum every other day tops.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Omega replied to my PM and we'll likely be having our battle on Sunday evening (UK time.)

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Bad news - long story short, I was meant to go back home yesterday, but the journey ended up taking 10 hours as opposed to 2 hours like it should have, which meant I ended up getting back far later than I expected and Carmen told me Omega had just left the chat as I'd arrived. Omega says he probably won't be able to battle me until next Saturday now because of my screwed up journey back home.

Fortunately, since I have Wi-Fi back now I should be able to battle Omega any time he wishes if he manages to get some time before then.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
huh... could've sworn I saw Sem battling DeftFunk earlier...
I came here expecting to have to edit the bracket XD

[edit]
Doggyears has withdrawn

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I was about to post, but Omega beat me to it.

I won 2-0, but as you said, you did your best and that's what matters most. :)

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Still need a reply from Aero and Leafreo -_-;

Bracket is updated, and from now on [not that I've really gotten any since the slowdown] I request that PMs be directed to Linkachu instead of myself. Due to the slowdown, I've stopped checking in here as regularly, and even though I've missed nothing important yet, I don't want to in the event everything picks back up.

Linkachu will forward anything she gets to me :)
[Click here to PM Linkachu]

I got beat 2-0 as expected and I'd be insulted if I didn't. He totally swept me the second time.

Just a tip, never battle Sem while distracted.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
It was fun though XD Anyway, because our great lord and master Uko the Ruko commands: Sem won 2-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.