• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Pokecharms Winter Tournament: Baby Cup Battle Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
To quote Sem :

The battle between good and evil has been fought! And evil prevailed

XD

Sem won 2-0. By win, I mean kicked my ass XD

Congrats to Sem and may he reign long as Champion ^^

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Meeoooo. Behold your Champion of Babies! In an epic battle of good and evil, evil has prevailed and all lands will fall into shadow...

Very fun matches though ^^

[EDIT]
Sem can has Black Sludge? (Which in actuality would be like the lamest tournament prize ever.)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
What's the chance KoL and Aero could meet up sometime soonish to battle it out and determine our 3rd/4th place winners? lol

I figure if I'm going to do a proper news update about this wrapping up, I'll do it when it's completely said and done. If it already is, someone let me know XD

And compilation prizes should be ready to go as soon as I finalize some things with 'em through Ruko ^^

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Aero has said the earliest he can do is this Wednesday, so I'll be sending him a PM that morning to see if we can battle then.

Gratz, Sem! Enjoy your... championness :p

And am I glad that I got whooped in round 1 by a champion and not some.... unchampion :-[

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
The top four contenders should list what they'd like to claim as a prize :)
KoL and Aero, so long as you don't want the same prizes, which of you is third and which is fourth doesn't matter for the selection.

All four of you get one pokemon and one item, just post your selection
PM me if you'd like a detailed description of any of the prizes before you choose.

Items
Lucky Egg x2
Master Ball [missing from my items for some reason >>;;]
PP Max
Odd Keystone
Old Amber x2
Choice Specs
Black Sludge Claimed by Sem
Enigma Berry
Liechi Berry Claimed by King of Lucario
Ganlon Berry
Petaya Berry
Apicot Berry
Salac Berry
Starf Berry
Lansat Berry
King's Rock Taken by Silver Magpie
Dragon Scale
Protector
Up-Grade

TMs
TM 01: Focus Punch Claimed by Aero
TM 04: Calm Mind
TM 13: Ice Beam
TM 24: Thunderbolt
TM 26: Earthquake
TM 29: Psychic
TM 31: Brick Break
TM 35: Flamethrower
TM 51: Roost
TM 53: Energy Ball
TM 59: Dragon Pulse
TM 64: Explosion
TM 71: Stone Edge
TM 89: U-Turn
TM 92: Trick Room

Freshly hatched pokemon
Eevee [shiny] Male, Modest nature, no egg moves Claimed by Sem
Eevee Female, Adamant nature, Bred with wish
Treecko Female, Jolly Nature, TM'd with Rock Slide, Brick Break, Aerial Ace and Swords Dance
Lotad Male, Calm Nature, Rain Dish Ability, Bred with Leech Seed
Cacnea Male, Adamant Nature, no egg moves
Tangela Male, Adamant Nature, Bred with Leech Seed
Misdreavus Male, Modest Nature, Bred with Sucker Punch and Will-o-Wisp
Riolu Male, Jolly Nature, Bred with Bullet Punch, Blaze Kick, Hi Jump Kick, and Crunch

Other Pokemon
Buizel [shiny] Gentle Natured, Level 8, Untouched
Dialga Quiet Nature, Level 47, Untouched
Raikou Hasty nature, Level 54, Touched Claimed by Aero
Azelf Mild Nature, Level 51, Touched
Azelf Timid Nature, Level 50, Untouched aside from various TMs
WISHMKR Jirachi Claimed by King of Lucario

In addition to the prizes above, we have consolations for everyone interested. We have Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff and Togepi all bred with Wish and Present, and of various natures listed below. A few of the prizes chosen at random may have a special surprise ;)
First pick goes to Jeydis, Omega, LoN_Colossus, Jertyuiop, Dutytrooper, Deft Funk* and Ulises87G. Doggy Ears and Leafreo are excluded from receiving consolations because neither actually participated in a battle. Post quickly to claim your prize, a first come first serve basis is in effect
*Due to Doggy Ears dropping out, Deft Funk never actually battled and is being given first choice.

After all of those have selected a consolation [or three days have passed], Midnight Shadows, D and Ice_Trey will be allowed to choose their prizes.

Pichu
Serious
Gentle
Naughty
Hardy
Sassy
Modest
Relaxed
Hasty
Hardy
Calm

Cleffa
Naughty
Sassy
Jolly
Quiet
Calm Claimed by Jeydis
Impish
Rash
Naïve
Relaxed
Docile

Igglybuff
Hasty Claimed by ulises87g
Jolly
Naïve
Lonely
Modest Claimed by Ice_Trey
Docile
Lax
Relaxed
Careful
Rash

Togepi
Careful Claimed by D
Modest Claimed by Midnight Shadows
Bold
Quiet
Sassy
Impish Claimed by DeftFunk
*Brave Claimed by Jertyuiop
Bashful Claimed by LoN_Colossus
Lax
Careful

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Awesome Tourney everyone ^^

Item:
I'd like the King's Rock

Pokemon:
Much as the Shiny Buizel appeals to me, I'd be just as happy with the Jolly Riolu, thus I'll wait and see if Sem chooses either of them first ^^

In fact, the Jolly Treecko might actually suit me better. So unless Sem claims her, I'd like the Treecko XD

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I'd like the Liechi Berry and the WISHMKR Jirachi, if neither Sem nor Aero wants either of those.

After much deliberation, and rereading this thread to make sure that its ok to be posting for the consolation prizes, I'd like the Bashful Togepi please :)

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
The King wins 2-0 and earns third place.

Thanks for the battles Aero, you did very well.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Lulz, on top of the Black Sludge I'll take the shiny Eevee.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Still need a time to meet up with you for the trade Jerty, but is no one else going to request a consolation prize...? XD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
You done a mass PM to the consolationers in question?

I think Ruko has a complete list of members names to PM, so I'll ask him about it next time I see him. Otherwise, here's hoping they notice the latest news update XD

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
I suppose I'll get on the mass PMing now. I'm going to just blanket PM everyone, even people who've already obtained their prizes.

[Edit]
Done, and I've also struck off all claimed prizes from the list now.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Before it's taken, can I have the jolly Treeko and a Dragon Scale? Thanks. ^^

D, those prizes are actually only for the top 4 placed winners. The prizes for everyone else are the Togepi/Cleffa/Igglybuff/Pichu. Sorry ^^;

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Just adding ulises87g's request to the list. He PM'd me and has asked for the Hasty Igglybuff :)

Just a note to all of you receiving consolation prizes: I'm the one who bred them, so all of them are on my Diamond. I've added my ID into my profile and I shall add all of yours to my game. I'll be PMing you all about times to meet up and trade (minus anyone I see on a regular basis). Otherwise, feel free to drop me a line and give me a time to meet you. Thanks in advance for anyone that does! (It saves me from having to track you down XD)

Edit: Assuming the PM sent properly, Ice_Trey (who's responded), Jeydis, and D should have received messages a couple of days ago. If not, and D/Jeydis notice this message, please PM me sooner than later. I need to hear from you... XD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Added you to the list. Just need available times to meet you online for the trade :)

EDIT
I'd post, but don't want to bump the thread.
Prize claims are officially over.

I hope everyone enjoyed the tournament :)
Many many thanks to a number of people who I'm going to actually keep track of for the next tourney >>;

~Ruko

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Actually, I will bump this one last time.

As Ruko said in the edit above, prize claims are officially over. Some people have claimed their prizes however and have just not gotten back to me about recieving them.

If you are someone who has not contacted me about times you're free to trade, you have one week to do so. If you can't trade with me within the week that's fine - I just need to hear from you. A few of you haven't contacted me at all, and honestly I've asked more than enough times =/

So, that's the deadline. Thanks again guys ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.