• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Pokecharms Winter Tournament: Baby Cup Battle Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Since no response has come from Leafreo in days (and his account has apparently been deleted), Aero has moved on to battle Ice_Trey. Once their battle and the battle between Midnight and KoL is decided, we'll have our 4 semi-finalists :)

If anyone needs help setting up battle times, feel free to PM me and I'll see what I can do. Otherwise, PMing eachother is probably your best bet. Let's see if we can get this current round finished sooner than later, eh? XD

Also, to everyone who has battled and lost, remember that there are complimentary prizes, so don't vanish on us too quickly. I'll probably be giving them out after the tournament wraps up (and will send PMs out about them at that time). If for whatever reason you'd like your prize earlier than later though, drop me a line and I'll see about getting it to you.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Heya again. It's been four days now since I made my last post, and I haven't heard anything on the status of where everyone stands for battling times.

I've sent some PMs out, so please respond when you get them. I'd like to see everyone's battles finished up to the Semi-finals by next Sunday (a week from today). This includes Midnight and KoL, and Aero and Ice_Trey. If this isn't possible, please let me know.

Thanks.

I've been trying to get a-hold of Ice_Trey I've sent him a couple messages's and we haven't gotten a time where we both have available...
we probably will be getting our match done later this week though

I don't know If you didn't get my messages or what happened but I wrote you that this Wednesday will be good for me I don't work

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I won 2-0, although it wasn't that easy.

Thanks for a good battle! ;D

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks you guys ^_^

I'll go edit that in. And now that just leaves Aero and Ice Trey...

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Just as an update, me and Sem will be battling sometime tomorrow. You'll likely see us both in chat when it kicks off.8)

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Good luck to the both of you, I bet it will be an awesome battle!

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Woo... that was close both times. XD BUT, your Semmy won 2-0

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Yup, Sem won 2-0, and now he has to win the whole thing, by edict of the King.

And I made that rhyme unintentionally too. ;D

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Alright. I've discussed the issue between Ice_Trey and Aero's battle extensively with Ruko and we've both come to the decision to eliminate Ice_Trey from the competition due to lack of response. I have sent Ice_Trey numerous PMs over the last two weeks, as well as posted in this thread to get his attention, but have yet to receive any word in reply. According to your profile, you were on the forums tonight, yet still did not respond via either PMs or here. By the rare chance that it was actually someone else using your account, you have still had plenty of time to contact either me or Ruko over the last two weeks.

In closing, Ice_Trey will receive a consolation prize for participating, but a new challenger will be chosen for Aero to battle in this 'round - one agreed upon by myself and Ruko. It is not the most fair option to those who battled through the first round, but under the present circumstances it is the best one we have without advancing Aero by default.

Actually... there is one other option I have considered, but I will need to confirm it first before announcing what it is.

If there are any questions, from any of you, feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to answer them. Thanks for being patient you guys. We'll try to get everything up and running again ASAP.

Thanks for resolving the situation, and I will be looking forward to battling whomever the new challenger may be...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks, Aero. Me and Ruko have discussed things and we've decided to have two new competitors start from stage one and battle it out, then whoever wins will move on to battle you (Aero). Our choices, DE and Carmen, are both people who were originally interested in this competition but had to drop out due to life issues.

I hope everyone is alright with this decision, as it's the most fair one I can think of. Thanks again for all your patience!

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
That's perfectly fine with me, in effect it's like replacing Ice_Trey's old bracket with a new one since that bracket is essentially null and void now. Good luck to all involved.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
That's fine by me. This way, it's like they were part of the tournament from the beginning. I look forward to whomever it is that I'll be battling ^^

I assume DE and Carmen's Pokemon teams will be added to the first post :p

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
That's fine by me. This way, it's like they were part of the tournament from the beginning. I look forward to whomever it is that I'll be battling ^^

I assume DE and Carmen's Pokemon teams will be added to the first post :p

Aye, Magpie, as well as all the necessary changes that need to be made to the bracket.

I'll probably poke Ruko about that one, though... XD

ok Im hoping it has not all finalized and I sorry for not responding to you Linkachu but if you ask Aero I had sent him a few pms and tried to arrange a meet with him but as i just resonantly expanded to Linkachu my internet was down and I had tried to use my works wi-fi but it was not letting me connect with my diamond only with my ds browser so thats why I was only on at night and that's why I only responided to a aero's messages when I was able to and if any part of this message sounded rude I'm sorry I did not mean ti sound that way.

s.p. the reason I was only on at night is because I mostly work at night.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
The thing I wonder about is why you did not mention this issue to even Aero. If you had, we would've just waited until your internet problems were resolved. Since you didn't, though, and we had no knowledge of the issue, we instead moved ahead as necessary to keep this tournament alive and functional. Members of the tournament shared our feelings with this decision.

Again, I have taken your PM - and this post - into consideration and will discuss the situation with Ruko when he's available, but I make no guarantees either way.

Also, no, your messages didn't sound rude. I hope mine didn't either, because I'm just trying to explain the facts as I've seen them.

C

Celadon

I know this is late but, congrats to Sem on making it to the finals.
And good luck to Silver Magpie and whoever will battle her in the semi-finals.

:)

Oh no its never to late to give congrats lol, but as to the friend thing I will still trust him but I am also going to ask why he didn't do update you guys he probably forgot lol.

EDIT: Oh and sorry Linkachu no your message's didn't sound rude ether

Um, so the site was down and I cant seem to get a hold of Ice Trey.
Ill try pm-ing him again...

Ill wait and see what happens this week but I really want to play a match...

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
You two have absolutely no later than Sunday to battle. Chances are most likely that Trey will be removed, because you shouldn't be joining a Tournament with such an inflexible schedule.

On a lighter note, the next tourney is already in planning, and will be run Battle Factory style: You will be provided with pokemon and will only require a DS, Diamond/Pearl/Platinum and Wifi.
The next tournament will run much smoother, and mistakes made in this tournament will be corrected for the next. Scheduling will be stricter, meaning people who don't make deadlines will be eliminated.

I don't mean to speak as if this tournament is over yet, but after Aero/Trey battle, or fail to do so, the tourney should wrap up fairly quickly.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Just one minor question: will there be a third place play-off battle, and if not, how will that position be decided, if at all?

As for the battle factory tournament, depending on when it takes place I may not be able to compete in it. I'll hop onto chat once it's back up to talk to you about it in more detail.

I sent Ice a message before our battle was scheduled Friday telling him I couldn't make it because i got loaded up with homework yet he didn't respond. If he was on when he said he would he should have gotten my message and responded to my pm but he didn't...

I said I would be available early this week, and asked him to contact me when he is available.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Unless Trey shows up and battles you today, he's eliminated then. As for a brief explanation of why Trey is eliminated and not Aero: Everytime a PM has been sent to either, Aero responded fairly quickly [within a day].. meanwhile, Trey would take days at a time for response.

I know the schedule is busy, but as said before: You signed up for this tournament, you should bend YOUR schedule to take part.

Unfortunately, our standin battler lost her Wifi, so Aero moves on again without a battle.. Sorry if this seems rather unfair to people, but I think wrapping this tournament up will be better for everyone. The next one around everything should go much smoother.

Changes that are going to be made for the next tourney:
  • Peoople will be given a time limit [probably four days or so] within which they have to battle. Battlers will still be allowed to schedule their time for battle, but will report it to the person in charge. Both battlers will PM said moderator in charge at the time arranged. If the battle doesn't take place, the person who sent the PM will move forward, and the no-show will be eliminated.
  • Battlers won't be moving ahead and doing battles early. The bracket will move forward one step at a time so that shuffles can be made. This will prevent another incident like Aero's where he was shifted ahead twice without battle

Thought I had a third one, but it escapes me right now XD
The only real problem with this tournament was such a loose scheduling rule.. if anyone knows of another problem that should be fixed, please post it XD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I had one other potential change, but I'd rather discuss it privately before stating it on the forums. Otherwise those sound very good to me, and would definitely help decrease some of the issues we've had this time 'round.

Although I don't care that I haven't had to battle anyone, if in future tourneys (if you do the winner gets to keep a pokemon thing) if someone is bumped ahead they are at a slight disadvantage because they have 1 less pokemon than their next opponent...

Sorry if this sounds like more of a complaint than a suggestion...

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
To be honest, I got practically zero use out of both of the Pokemon I won in my two battles before taking on Sem (no offense to either of the people I acquired them from) so winning those extra Pokemon gave me no real advantages whatsoever. Either way, getting bumped ahead for free without a battle more than makes up for not winning an extra Pokemon in my opinion, even though you weren't to blame for it either time.

I didn't say it was a huge disadvantage, and i guess I understand but maybe the issue could be cleared up by like a sub in to replace the kicked trainer or something. Also the bump up does kinda counteract it but I'm sure any of the semifinalists/finalists would rather have earned their spot than get a free pass.
Just a suggestion for future tourneys anyway...

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Just letting you all know that Aero and I are hopefully going to battle on Wednesday afternoon.

I'm not going to lie my elimination doesn't seem far to me but I also do understand everyone's decision. I remember when we were for Leafreo and I was going crazy and just wanted it to get it over with.

Oh and Aero I hope were still on good terms and I would like to still have a battle with you and the same for Ulises if you guys would ever want to just let me know.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I won 2-0

Very good opponent, I might add. The second match especially was very close!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Excellent! ... Not that Magpie won, but because you guys finally got this tournament moving again XD

Looking forward to the final match(es) ^_^

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
I should update this here bracket..
[edit] Got yanked on to go somewhere before I could; will be back later to do so unless Katie beat me to it.

As a random side-note:
Anyone who's willing to do some research for the Battle Factory, please PM me. I can't guarantee that I'll need your help, and helping won't disqualify you from entering the tournament. It just might be nice to have some active members willing to help XD

Status
Not open for further replies.