• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pirates Vs Ninjas!

Which are cooler? Better? More awesome?

• Ninja. -silence-

Votes: 31 56.4%
  • Pirates. YAHARRR!

Votes: 24 43.6%

• Total voters

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN THIS TIME.

captain_jack_sparrow.jpg

Pirates don't need to sneak up on you in order to kill you :p

n21369517821_288.jpg

Deadliest Warrior Reference: If pirates can beat knights, who are wearing incredibly strong armor, unarmored ninjas are no prob ;3

One is crouched in the chair closest to us, one behind the couch on the left, one laying in a crouched position on the left couch, and one underneath the couch on the right. :3 Ninjas aren't that crafty :3

Davy-Jones-After.jpg

See that? He's looking right at them.

Well, obviously Pirates are way better than Ninjas. Let's be honest here, the only good ninja is Sarutobi Sasuke from Sengoku BASARA, and all the others suck.

zoroaction2td.png

That's pirate strength right there.

A

Anonymous

Lets look at it like this, shall we?
Pirates and ninjas = Same Crap
Both steal information, assasinate big public figures, plunder treasure, serve a boss, are desceptive and trecherous, and would get there asses kicked by a spartan or a samurai...
Here's the only differences:
Ninjas = Discreet and efficient in force
Pirates = Chaotic, loud, bad team players
Ninja's = High Quality weapons
Pirates = Whatever weps you find on the black market
Ninja's = Clean
Pirates = "Bath?" What is this "bath" you speak of?

While they preform the same tasks and have the same goals, I'm going with the more effecient team work and weapons. (even though a pirate had guns, at that point in time, the bullets were spheres, ergo very innacurrate, plus the fact that those pistols would get jammed constantly and were almost never lethal unless you are shot in the face from close range, and then add that you only had three shots at a kill.)

Ninjas had better training, better team efficiency and better weapons, ergo, my edge goes to the ninjas.

(Oh, god, I think I've been watching deadliest warrior to much... Can't help it, I just love it so much.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Since when did ninjas operate in force? Additionally, the flintlock variants had slightly longer barrels, increasing accuracy, and even if you didn't shoot anything vital, you'd die from lead poisoning unless you got the bullet out in time...which is unlikely. If accuracy is your game, the blunderbuss was like a hand-held shrapnel cannon, and shrapnel doesn't NEED to be accurate to be effective. Pirates may not have had folded-steel blades, but cutlass does the EXACT same thing as a ninjato: slice through people, AND the cutlass is considerably longer than ninjato, who happen to be much shorter than average samurai katana.

What exactly DO you find on the black market? Efficient, reliable weapons for cheap. Being clean and not taking a bath are irrelevant. Also, pirates are STILL around today, using the exact same tactics. And since the era for pirates was never established, AK-47 > ninjato, shuriken, all other ninja weapons, 'cos you don't even have to aim for vitals.

A

Anonymous

Reshiram said:
Since when did ninjas operate in force?
Any time they need to assasinate anyone big, or take on multiple enemies. And a cutlass cant even make it all the way through a human arm, the worst it can do is leave a gnarly cut and possible paralysis, or loss of the arm after battle, plus, normally captains are the only one with swords that big, most other pirates use daggars, which, compared to any sword is, rather small. Blunderpuss, has horrible range, like most shrapnel shooting weapons(exluding shrapnel bombs), and a ninja can throw a shuriken farther. And barrel has something, but very little to do with accuracy in that time unless it had groves, and since the bullet is a sphere that thing will still spin in the air and miss from to far rage, for a huge hit, the ninja still needs to be up close.

But that's just it isn't it? If ninjas took down someone big, they'd do it in the dead of night while the person was sleeping. As for multiple enemies, the only time that'd happen is on the way towards the commander, and even then, they wouldn't kill them unless there was absolutely no way to get through without doing so.

If cutlass can cut through a pig, a human arm is definately gone. ALL pirates have cutlass, the captains just have better versions. Additionally, since pirates would normally carry a minimum of around 4-5 pistols, they'd have multiple shots with those, and the blunderbuss creates a very nice frag, with anything in it's radius getting at least a deep puncture, which leads to mass bleeding. Just because a shuriken can be thrown farther doesn't mean it'll be accurate. It goes in a straight line, and unless that ninja is in seriously close range, a pirate can walk away with a minor scratch with ease. You said it yourself, a ninja has to be up close, and if it can't close that range, it's ineffective.

You probably missed the part where I mentioned that pirates, unlike ninjas, are still around today, and are still(for the most part) unchecked. Ninjas don't exist because they're outdated and would have a much harder time fulfilling/attempting an assassination, which incidentally, is what people like the KGB are for. Ninjas do not work well in teams, and are very much solo birds, whereas pirates are all for teamwork, and just love to be ambushed. You might want to research a bit farther than a show that's made purely for entertainment and has no way of proving anything it shows :3

captainmorgan2.jpg

A

Anonymous

@ Rehiram:

Pirates today are a lot different than pirates in the past, the advance in technology used for killing people has increased trememdously, and most pirates nowadays don't care about WHO has the treasure more than WHAT the treasure is, the whole sense of revenge in theft thing is long gone, pirates today is just a term for people who commit theft at sea, and I'm excluding gangs in africa, because guess what? They commit may commit theft on water but more so on land, so their gangs, not pirates. Ninja's no longer NEED to exist because Japan is a much more civilized and unified nation.

pokemonfreak387 said:
Well technically, Ninjas live in mountains so yeah.

Those would be Highlander ninjas. Sky Pirates operate on higher grounds...err, airships.

MaySprite.gif

Even if there were Moe Ninjas, they're lack of presence would render their charms null and void.

Reshiram said:
You probably missed the part where I mentioned that pirates, unlike ninjas, are still around today, and are still(for the most part) unchecked.
I'm still on the side of pirates, but I just have to point out that there are, in fact, still ninjas. They just don't operate in secret and have become very live stream. There are actually temples/dojos/schools where people can train to become ninjas. A few weeks ago, there was a story I read about a group of four ninjas stopping a mugging outside of their dojo. So, they are still around, but they aren't assassins any more for the most part. (besides, every one knows that Samurai > Ninja anyway).

Anyway, like I said I'm still on the side of Pirates so:

shanks.jpg

He makes a freaking shark flee from him by staring at it, and gets his arm bit off saving Luffy. How does he react? Like it's no big deal at all. Badass.

250px-Crocodile2.jpg

Wish granted Nim >:)

Everyone knows that pirates are better they can become rubber, fire and even eat other things and become it :'D so i'm pretty sure ninja's would be own'd in a fist fight with Luffy or Ace <333

Rex

Resident Furry
The simple fact is that a ninja can not survive a head on encounter. Ninjas are built for stealth, while a Pirate is able to do anything required of them. The Ninja lost to the Spartan Warrior on Deadliest Warrior, while the Pirate defeated a Mid-Evil Knight.

Breaking it down to it's simplest functions:
  • The Ninja's Ninjato is light, fast, and powerful. The Pirate's Cutlass is also a very powerful weapon, almost cutting a pig carcass in half in one swing, however, it is slower and heavier.
  • The Pirate's Blunderbuss was able to punch a hole through a double layer of plate armor, and that was with a misfire; it would make quick work of a Ninja. The Ninja's Black Egg, however, is a distraction tactic, and has no killing potential on its own.
  • The Ninja's Shuriken fails at producing any more then minor cuts, but while their Bowgun also proved ineffective, poison darts are useful. The Pirate's Flintlock Pistol, meanwhile, has more power behind it, but trades it for lessened accuracy.
  • Finally, we have the Pirate's Grenado, a concussion grenade with a good shrapnel spread. And the Ninja's Kusarigama, which is effective at distraction, disarming, and incapacitating, while also having a good chance of killing the target.

In my opinion, in a head to head fight, the Pirate would beat the Ninja. The Ninja is just not suited for a fight between the two of them, and would require stealth to actually win, which is impossible in a head to head fight. Going by killing potential alone, the Blunderbuss and Flintlock Pistol easily defeat the Black Egg and Shuriken, and the Grenado and Cutlass give the Kusarigama and Ninjato a run for their money, if not beat them as well.

Also, how many examples of Pirates are there in Pop. Culture? We've got everything from Davy Jones, captain of the mythical Flying Dutchman, to Sky Pirates like Balthier. Just like Ninja's, whole games have been designed around Pirates, Skies of Arcadia being a fairly notable example. Just like Ninjas, there are Pirate movies, from things like Pirates of the Caribbean to classics like Peter Pan. Just like Ninja's, there are Pirate anime and manga, like One Piece.

But what gives the Pirate the advantage? They can appear in more roles, of course. Ninjas are just that, Ninjas. Pirates can be Sea or Sky, Black or Blue, modern or old fashioned. The possibilities are nearly endless for the Pirate, while the Ninja is generally confined to the Thief/Assassin role. That isn't always true, but for the large part, they are.

jack_sparrow_03.jpg

Savvy?

All right, here's what I have to say on the matter, yet again. This thread, I feel, has gone horribly off topic. Not in a bad way, but let's just look at something. Basing an argument off of a TV show, regardless of how accurate it is, is just silly. There's the blunderbuss and the ninjato and the blah blah blah.

It boils down to this: it all depends on the situation that it's happening in. In a straight on fight, pirates have the upper hand, it's just the honest truth, no matter how you look at it. Even more so if the fight is taking place on the ocean. Sorry, but pirates have you there, as well. But if the ninjas had the element of surprise, and were able to sneak up on any pirates that they would be facing, then the ninjas would have the upper hand. You can't decide who would win in a fight when they are meant for completely different forms of combat.

The point isn't the military aspect of pirates vs. ninjas, the purpose of this thread is to establish whose side you are on. Which group you support by your OWN PERSONAL TASTES. Turning this thread into a spamage of "Look at how intelligent I am, I know everything there is to know about weaponry and tactics :DDD" Is completely pointless, as there really isn't anything to compare. Both sides would win under different circumstances. BUT WHO DO YOU SUPPORT?

[/logical rant]

Also:

Pirates-inspirational.jpg

jessver2.jpg

I have flopped sides after seeing the beauty of Jessica, the Ninja Pony. Not that I care for all that fancy ninja stuff, but she's prettier than pirate ponies :'D

Nim said:
3134128.jpg

I'd like to see a pirate have complete control over the sand.

Okay, here you go!

215px-Sables.wmv.GIF

Mr. 0 himself, Crocodile! He ate the Suna-Suna Fruit so he can control sand AND turn himself into sand.

And btw, I love that picture of Gaara so much ♥

And whats to say theoretically, that your dad doesn't shove a giant sand raccoon into your stomach and that grants you powers over sand? exactly, and Crocodile was around waaaaaaaaaaaaaay before Gaara was :p

depp-sparrow.jpg

Lord Zortn said:
ninjas hide like cameleons. nearly invisible.
pirates go "yyyaaaaaaaaaaarr". ooooo sooooo scaaarrryyy (sarcasm).

im01.jpg

YARRRRR We don't need your fruity stealth tricks and invisibility.​

I'm afraid my loyalties are with Pirates this time. And also, I'm supporting RX as well (love me some Guilty Gear ♥).

may-guilty-gear.gif

A pirate that wields an bloomin' anchor and is the captain of a bunch of female pirates on an airship. And she can fight with dolphins. Best. Idea. Ever.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
carcinoGenetecist said:
God dammit do you people have to turn all of my topics into debates?

(i am not actually bothered by this)

It's the spice of life, El! 8D

pirate_kitten_03.jpg

Gogo pirates. ♥

I must say I love both ♥

Pirates get more attention, they have their own language and Cpt. Hooks voice in KH was orgasmic ♥ But my vote still went to ninjas, coz they're just awesome. I was at a parcour camp a few weeks ago, and that, my friends, is ninja :) also i think ninjas have the same variety as pirates, it's just that no one ever uses those possibilities. Well we have Redsteel fusing cowboy and ninja. I hope that'll open some new doors for the ninja. Not that they use doors anyway :D

To sum it up: Pirates have Cpt. K. Rool, ninjas have Kakashi. Pirates have Cpt. Hook, ninjas have Koga. Pirates have Tetra, ninjas have Sheik. Pretty even to me. (Jedi defeat all though XD)