• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pika's Sprites

Alrighty, I've got two requests for y'all.
shroomish_chan.png

Shroomish-chan and,
the_darkness.png

The_Darkness. I hope you don't mind, but I made youre sprite sort of like a revamp of the g/s/c Lt. Surge. I wanted to see what I could do with the well-proportioned sprites from those generations.

Anyways, waiting on that picture of Blue, Charles.​

Charles Legend, waiting on your picture.
I'm glad you both like your requests!
And here is the Jirachi:
jirachi_chao.png

I hope you like it. If you want me to redo it I will because I wasn't sure which pose you'd like.​

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
I'm actually really in awe of your spriting skills, Pika. You can change the different sprites you use very well and add your own style of shading that makes fantastic sprites every time.

Sorry for the wait Pika
bluejj4.png
Leave it to NOA to mess up the names of the charters in japan he is known as Green, and in G/S/c he becomes the gym Leader of Viridian City gym. ;)

~Charles Legend

Mage the magical milotic, please type out you, instead of using 'u'.

Also, you're kind of vague about your request (Which doesn't even belong here).

So, warning one. Please read the rules.

Wow, sorry for the wait! I totally forgot to post it up!
I don't really like the hair, so if you don't like it either, I can fix it.
blue.png

I always go by what serebii.net says the characters names are, so sorry for the mix up. :)
And yes, I did base it off of a sprite made in a previous game, fr/lg to be exact.

Wow, I just realized that my membership must be about a year old now, being that I remember some of the first sprites I ever made for this site were Christmas sprites. Well, I have tried out a few more versions of my original character, which one do you guys like?
christmas_ua1.png

This one is just my regular colors, made Christmas by her wearing winter wear and a Santa hat.
christmas_ua2.png

This is more Christmas, but I don't really like the contrast with the red and gray.
christmas_ua3.png

This is even more Christmas, but I don't really know how to fix it. Something doesn't look right. i'll try to switch it up more.
Let me know your opinions.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Stuck between 1 and 2, but im leaning to 1 since that shade of blue is that char's usual color :p Just suits her so well.

Pika thank you for making my request however when I said mug I was talking about this kind... ;)

However your work was not wasted since I'll still use what you just made.

~Charles Legend

uhh, could u make an IAWW of the character in my sig. he has yellow jeans (but they are shorts) and the yellow thing is actually a necklace (so if you could make that identifyable with a string and stuff

Omigosh, Charles, I am so sorry, I remember that I was supposed to make a mugshot, that was my bad, I'm sorry, I'll get started on that as soon as possible. I'll probably edit this post with the mug in it.
Happy New Year All!

Edit: Here is the mug, sorry for the mix up again!
blue_mug.png

If anything needs fixing, just let me know!
And here is a character from Pokemon Ranger 2, I saw her in a promo picture.
lavena.png

Lavena.
I think it's a little too pink, I don't know. Any critique is welcome.​

Its Lavana, not Lavena.

Lavana is Pink. Why not Red? she DOES use fire pokemon. >>
We may never know. The lighter pink is a bit too Vivid though.

The top of her boots goes up, not down. Kinda like "^".
The gloves go over her shirt.
Also, why give her a pokeball when she's part of an evil organization that mind controls pokemon? =\

Shading is awesome =D

This might be helpful. A lot.

(I have the game, so I know.)

That's my critique.

Are you going to sprite the other two of them?

Oops, lol, I don't have the game, so I wouldn't know how they control theit Pokemon. I'll edit that out.
Also, I know that the boots are pointing up, but since the sprite's feet are pointed inwards, I tried to make it look lie the points were moved inwards as well instead of straight forward. And which pink is too vivd? The one used for the main outfit or the one for the gloves?

Thanks for the crit, though. You are truly one of the first people in a while to give me something o improve on. Thank you.
I am considering to make a bunch of Pokemon ranger sprites, just because I don't know if they have full body sprites in those games.​

You are really awesome

Can you make a platinum mugshot of this character my friend made for me

the full face is kinda like lucas and his hair is like Rileys
mail

OK, here is my "fixed" version, what do you think?
lavana.png

If the pink is still too bright, just let me know.

And also, I am in the works of creating a new Sonic the Hedgehog OC, and I need some help deciding what kind of animal will describe me best.
Not that you might be able to tell from my posts or anything, but, you know.
I was thinking of a more unique animal, like a ferret or a red panda or something awesome like that. What or which do you guys think?
I do plan on spriting it, or course, and I am in the making of a gigantic pixel art, which I'm not very good at, but I'm giving it a shot.​

For an animal i would say Pinkish purplish panda with a touch of red and some abnormal hearing ( by that i mean more sensative ears ). if your going for being a sonic character, i would say Amy or Cream. By the way, you work is awesome. EDIT: Can you please do me a request? i would like an arceus and shaymin chao, and a pokemon trainer. heres the description. I would like a male with black shoes, dark brown pants, a Black T-shirt with flames on it, green eyes, brown hair, and holding a dusk ball. the skin type is light peach color. And can you please make the pose look like gary from Pokemon Firered? Thank you if you do this.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
*Finally comments*

I've always liked your sprites and seriously, I wish I had a Spriting ability like yours. I think it;s amazing that you can look at a random picture and turn it into a perfectly professional sprite. Awesome. I also like your mugshots, they look great. I'll never know how you spriters work with such detail.

Since I'm here, I have a small request, though if you're busy feel free to ignore it... you do a lot of requests here! Could I have an Electrike Chao please?

Thankies for the compliments!
The master, I'll accept the Shaymin and trainer requests, but I don't think I'll do the Arceus. He's just too complicated for me to sprite.
Silver Magpie, here is the Electrike, but I think it looks wierd, because I don't know what it looks like from the front. I am so not living up to the compliment you gave me, so let me know if you want it changed.
electrike_chao.png

I totally understand if you want it changed, you have permission to edit it yourself if you want.​

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I love him! He's so cute. I think he's difficult to draw/sprite from the front anyway because of his weirdly shaped head XD

But I like him, and you completely lived up to all my comments in my previous post. The littel yellow heart is a nice touch too ^^

Thanks so much! I love him!

Thankies for the compliments!
The master, I'll accept the Shaymin and trainer requests, but I don't think I'll do the Arceus. He's just too complicated for me to sprite.
center]
  It's ok. i really didn't need the arceus anyway! Thanks for accepting the shaymin and trainer.​

Thanks, Magpie, it means a lot to see that from you. :)
I finished the trainer and the chao.
the_master.png

I hope this looks okay. I can change the hairstyle if you want, because you didn't really specify.
shaymin_chao.png

I tried hard to make it look like a Shaymin, but in the end the pose got the better of me. If you want me to change it, I can.
Okie dokie, enjoy!

Also, I am still debating what sort of animal I should use as my Sonic-sona. Any suggestions would be helpful. ^^​

I would say a bird (Notably a hawk) because I'm biased towards Jet from Sonic Riders.

But, honestly, I could see you as a cute little fox or a hedgehog. Or the ferret you suggested

And yes, I'm centered around animals they use already in the games. I just couldn't imagine any other animals.

As for comments, the boots should have the top point upward, not downward, like this: ^, as what Shado said earlier. Otherwise, it looks great.

Awesome job, as per usual.

How about an animal that doesn't get enough attention? Like a lemr for example. And I can think of a badass reptile (although I can't remember the name) that can glide for about 200m useing extra skin that turns into wings (it's ribbs hold the wings in place). That would be cool.

Oh yeah, Pika? Could I have an Absol and Glaceon Chao please? If it's beyond you, don't bother.

Thanks, Magpie, it means a lot to see that from you. :)
I finished the trainer and the chao.
the_master.png

I hope this looks okay. I can change the hairstyle if you want, because you didn't really specify.
shaymin_chao.png

I tried hard to make it look like a Shaymin, but in the end the pose got the better of me. If you want me to change it, I can.
Okie dokie, enjoy!

center]
it'sw good. but on the trainer, can you please add a flame on the shirt? thank you if you do. and the shaymin is really cute! EDIT: pika? can i please have permission to use the shaymin sprite? EDIT: Pika, the hair is really good. i like it!​

I'll have me and my friend.

Me:
Red bar top
Blue glasses, invisible-ish
Blonde hair
Blue Jeans
Brown trainers
Blue Eyes

Best friend:
Blonde-Brown Hair
Blue Bar top
Black Pants
Black shoes
Hazel eyes

I'll take a mugshot, walking sprites, and overworld, back sprite, and main trainer itself (and second frames (for me it's a bow, for my friend it's a wink))

Omigosh, Charles, I am so sorry, I remember that I was supposed to make a mugshot, that was my bad, I'm sorry, I'll get started on that as soon as possible. I'll probably edit this post with the mug in it.
Happy New Year All!

Edit: Here is the mug, sorry for the mix up again!
If anything needs fixing, just let me know!​

Thats ok Pika, I don't mind the wait infact I hardly even noticed since I spent most of my time over at The Pokemon Masters, anyways I think the mug looks grate Pika! ^_^ Also you should not be so hard on yourself, like they say in writing "Sometimes we're our own worst critics." the same is just as true of are artwork sometimes we're our own worst critics.

So yeah if your still up to it a Sprite of Jack Walker would be nice. ;)

~Charles Legend

Hi Pika! More nice sprites. Just wanted to ask, if your still going to do my walkies. And if you are, could you make them orange? Like the color of my current avatar orange. Not blue. Sorry if it was short notice. Thanks!

Didn't see the fixed lavana sprite until today.

The pink is fine now.

Also, maybe, since we are looking at the side, maybe have it slant straight down? Like "/" for our left, her right boot. and "\" for the the opposite side.

Thanks for the input, Jet! I appreciate your opinion.
Aura, I'll take both of your chao requests, and I added you to the front post.
Charles, the ranger sprite. I still remember that you asked for it while back, so I'll get on that as well.
Here is the editted the master sprite, I hope this is what you meant?
the_master1.png

And the master, you are free to use the sprites I make you anywhere and anyhow you wish, as long as you give me credit.

Anyone who requests a sprite may use that sprite in any way they wish.

Which reminds me, Charles, do you mind if anyone else uses the Jack sprite? Because my main intention with it is to make it and let it be free for use with credit, since it is a Pokemon character. But, since you are the requester, you get to decide if anyone else can use it or not.​

hi 4pikachu4, I have a request or two of them actually but if you can do 1 of them then its fine. Also if you don't want to to do it for your own personal reasons I will understand.
1.can you make me a sprite of Rinoa Heartilly from FF8 using the Anabel(frontier brain) sprite from emerald version
2.the white figure in the top left corner using any sprite
http://www.mangafox.com/page/manga/read/1211/negima_neo/chapter.34483/page.3/

Note:to XJirachiX: dont' take it that i hated the sprite that you make me but, I wanted to see someone else try at it from a different spriting abiltity level from you.

Again i would be happy if you can do both but, 1 of them is fine.
Thanks in advance

Thanks for the input, Jet! I appreciate your opinion.
Aura, I'll take both of your chao requests, and I added you to the front post.
Charles, the ranger sprite. I still remember that you asked for it while back, so I'll get on that as well.
Here is the editted the master sprite, I hope this is what you meant?

And the master, you are free to use the sprites I make you anywhere and anyhow you wish, as long as you give me credit.

Anyone who requests a sprite may use that sprite in any way they wish.

Which reminds me, Charles, do you mind if anyone else uses the Jack sprite? Because my main intention with it is to make it and let it be free for use with credit, since it is a Pokemon character. But, since you are the requester, you get to decide if anyone else can use it or not.​
Thanks for the sprite Pika. That IS what i meant.

The master, I'm not sure if you've read my front post, or the rules of this forum at all, but to my preference please edit out the sprites you quoted in your posts, I know very well which sprites you are talking about, and I do not need to be reminded of something I made.
asiankid5, I'll put you down for both requests, but I might only do Rinoa. We'll see.
Aura, your chao's. Um, I totally messed up the Glaceon, so I'll redo it if you want me to or if someone else agrees with me on its horrible-ness.
glaceon_chao.png
absol_chao.png

This next sprite is not for use. I was just playing my Pokemon Diamond the other day, and my leading Pokemon at the moment is Umbreon. I was looking at the back sprite and was wondering what it would look like if its rings glowed and if it were a full body sprite.
umbreon_backie.png

This is my interpretation. I shaded the rings so that it looked like the yellow was fading to black, like it does normally, if I'm not mistaken.
What do you all think? Critique is always welcomed.​

Yes, the rings do fade towards the black. It looks very well done, as if it was in the game itself.

Just to point out, though it may not be true, the rings on Umbreon's legs are quite long. The to go down to about the knee joint from the hip/shoulder joint.

Sprites may work differently, but the circle could possibly be a tad bigger, most notably on the front paw.

Reference for what I mean is here. It gives a nice shot of the how the circles are proportioned along the legs.

Nice job otherwise.