• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pika's Sprites

Ahh, I see what you mean. Alrighty, that is my next project, then. Thanks for the advice and compliment, Jet!
Okie, one Jack Walker coming up.
jack_walker.png

Yus, I cheated and used the game pose of a Pokemon Ranger. But I think it turned out okay.

This is something a little random and off of the subject, but I was wondering, do you all have like, a 'Charms chat room?
I see the quotes from some kinda chat thingy everywhere. Just wondering, because it'd be fun to chat with all of you more often about random things other than sprites. :)
EDIT: Do not panic if my pages say that the images are broken, I am organizing my imagehosting folders to make it easier for me to find certain sprites.​

Ummm... There's a problem.... I can't see any of the pictures in this -
The master, I'm not sure if you've read my front post, or the rules of this forum at all, but to my preference please edit out the sprites you quoted in your posts, I know very well which sprites you are talking about, and I do not need to be reminded of something I made.
asiankid5, I'll put you down for both requests, but I might only do Rinoa. We'll see.
Aura, your chao's. Um, I totally messed up the Glaceon, so I'll redo it if you want me to or if someone else agrees with me on its horrible-ness.

This next sprite is not for use. I was just playing my Pokemon Diamond the other day, and my leading Pokemon at the moment is Umbreon. I was looking at the back sprite and was wondering what it would look like if its rings glowed and if it were a full body sprite.

This is my interpretation. I shaded the rings so that it looked like the yellow was fading to black, like it does normally, if I'm not mistaken.
What do you all think? Critique is always welcomed.​

-post. Could you re uplode the picture's I requested?

I'll have me and my friend.

Me:
Red bar top
Blue glasses, invisible-ish
Blonde hair
Blue Jeans
Brown trainers
Blue Eyes

Best friend:
Blonde-Brown Hair
Blue Bar top
Black Pants
Black shoes
Hazel eyes

I'll take a mugshot, walking sprites, and overworld, back sprite, and main trainer itself (and second frames (for me it's a bow, for my friend it's a wink))

It was a bit earlier but didn't get done. Please can you do it?

I love the ranger sprite!
but in terms of improvements the:
the hair you can make... like more strands, hard to tell you...
and the shading of the shorts you can amke the outline darker.

ohh and really i love your Lavana sprite, you should work on the other characters like Ice

[quote author=4pikachu4]Which reminds me, Charles, do you mind if anyone else uses the Jack sprite? Because my main intention with it is to make it and let it be free for use with credit, since it is a Pokemon character. But, since you are the requester, you get to decide if anyone else can use it or not.[/quote]
Nope I don't mind at all, in fact I don't mind the other request you made for me being used by others ether... ^_~

4pikachu4 said:
Ah, I see what you mean. Alright, that is my next project, then. Thanks for the advice and compliment, Jet!
Ok, one Jack walker coming up.

Yes, I cheated and used the game pose of a Pokemon Ranger. But I think it turned out okay.

This is something a little random and off of the subject, but I was wondering, do you all have like, a 'Charms chat room?
I see the quotes from some kinda chat thingy everywhere. Just wondering, because it'd be fun to chat with all of you more often about random things other than sprites. :)
EDIT: Do not panic if my pages say that the images are broken, I am organizing my imagehosting folders to make it easier for me to find certain sprites.[/center]
Thanks again Pika.

~Charles Legend

Glad you like it, Charles. :)

OK, making an announcement. Well, more like a few, I updated the fron page as faras rules and other things. Also, I'd like everyone who quoted me with my sprites in the quotes to go back and take out the sprites. I don't like it, especially when I organize my photobucket, then there are these large white thingies in my thread, and I no likey.

OK, I still need to do those requests I said I'd do, but until then, requests are closed. Meanwhile, I was thinking about starting up my Final Fantasy Sprite Collection again. I also think, now that I believe I've improved some on my spriting, I might go redo some of my older ones, because most of them are poorly done.

Okie dokie, until next time, stay safe and outta trouble.​

asiankid, I'm still working on Rinoa for you. I just felt that I wanted to do something else today. :)

Well, I visit the art thread often, although my own thread died out long ago because I don't have a tablet, and art on the computer is the hardest with just a regular mouse. So, the regular topics I visit are Sami's and RX's. Just because. But, both, as well as others such as Stel, have inspired me to have a go at Fan'mon sprites. So, as a gift to Sami...
sanjuu.png

I tried Sanjuu out, because I love the concept and cuteness of it all. Hope you enjoy it, Sami!

Also, I tried to fix up the rings on Umbreon, so hope it looks better now.
umbreon_backie2.png

Another announcement, I just editted a whole bunch of my posts to put all my old sprites back in. Seeing how much I've improved makes me happy. :) It also makes me want to do a ton of things over...lol.

Going a little off topic here, but I've been having trouble connecting to the 'Charms Chat. If you think you could help me out, please pm me and I'll tell you my problem.

There you have it! And since I know I don't say it enough, Thank you all for your posts and support throughout this thread. I

Ah! I can see them now, and I've got know Idea why you're saying that Glaceon's horrible. They're both a bit light, but it doesn't matter. Good Job!

C

Celadon

I really like your spriting skills. The shading on all your sprites is great.
Your mugshots are nice, too.

That Umbreon is

I really think that I should make sure to visit 'Charms more often.
aeris.png

Aeris/Aerith. Final Fantasy VII. Suggestions? Comments? Please.

OK, so, I realize that I have a Rinoa to do, so that is upcoming, and after that I plan to maybe release some of my Fakemon/Fan'mon in hope of the sprites not being stolen.
And maybe after or before that, I want to redo some of the Final Fantasy sprites.

So, when I make this Rinoa, it will be for all people to use unless specified by the requester, but when I make my D/P/P one, that one is mine, rules in the first post.

Enjoy!

EDIT: Okie Dokie, asiankid, this is your Rinoa.
rinoa_emerald.png

And here is mine.
rinoa.png

Rinoa Heartilly. Final Fantasy VIII. If there are any improvements to be made, please let me know.

Hmm... there are still a lot of sprites on my 'to-do-list' that I want to do, but I think I should make the older ones better first, don't you? Yeah. OK.
Enjoy!​

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
4Pikachu4! It's good to see you again! :D

I really like your Rinoa, you've got all the details just right. Have you thought about adding one of her weapons?

I think the Aerith is good too, but she needs... bigger hair. The rest of the sprite is spot on though :)

Well, I can't believe I haven't posted here yet, maybe it was because there's like 20 pages... 'nyways...
I love all your stuff. The poses are just right, the shading is neat, and you've really improved from your first sprites.
For the new sprites, Aerith's hair could be bigger, but it's fine past that. Rinona is awesome as well, I love her pose.
I think I might come here more often...​

Thanks 4pikachu4 for the Rinoa sprite I love it! It was well worth the wait. I've never seen Aerith because I haven't played FFVII before but it looks good and your Rinoa looks really good. I thing that would make Rinoa better is a weapon and for some reason, her hair looks odd to me, i can't my finger on whats wrong with it.

Glad you like your Rinoa, asiankid. Wasn't sure if it would do her justice. A weapon? I suppose I could give it a shot. Some of them have a weapon, some don't. I'm a little inconsistent with that.

Thanks, Neko and Rayn. Bigger hair? Haha, sounds funny, but I'll give it a shot and repost it.

So, I'm not sure how many pages back, I had a Rikku (FFX2 style) and a Maria (FFII). Well, both redone and ready for display.
rikku-1.png

Rikku. Looks odd, but not sure what about it.
maria-1.png

Maria. Why does she have to be so purple?

Ok, 2 of the ones I wanna redo done, so many more to go.

So how many would like to see my Fakemon/Fan'mon? Depending on how many people wanna see them, is whether or not I will put them up.
Enjoy!​

Woah, Rikku's scarf is amazing. Her hair around her bandanna is kind of weird, but I can't really put a finger on what's bugging me, maybe it just seems too light around some areas, but that's probably me. Maria looks cool, although I've never played FFII...
I'd love to see your fanmon, those would definitely be good.​

Alright, I've got two requests for Fan'mon so far. Anyone else?

Rayn, I do agree. After looking at it, I realize that it is the hair that is mostly throwing off my sprite. I might have another go at the hair, it's just that it is so hard picking out the right colors for a blonde color in paint.
Secad, haha, I'm not very sure how I got it to look 'un-blocky,' I just tried hard not to let it look unrealistic. In a way, it still does, but I'm happy with how the scarf turned out.

Shiny Pikachu, I've never had anyone say my sprites...'glow'...before. I always sprite with the intention of a light source, so I'm not really sure how to fix it. I editted Aeris and Maria for arguments sake, but I still think they look the same. I can try completely redoing the coloring, if you think it would help.
aeris2.png
maria2.png

I also did some minor recoloring on Tifa. I hope it looks a little better.
tifa-1.png

EDIT: This is my FFSprite grid of the ones I'm gonna keep the way they are, unless someone points something else out to me. Just in case some of you feel like critiquing me and giving me a hand.
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa133/4pikachu4/Final%20Fantasy/ffsprite_grid.png

Enjoy!​

Your FF7 sprites, are great. You should make a Vincent one. I looked at all your sprites on the 1st page you are really great. Do you make the new gym/E4's new mug? If not you should try to make one. With you skill I am sure you can do a great job.

Good to see your sprites again Pika. Sorry for not commenting earlier.

As for comments, the retouched sprites look absolutely gorgeous. I love your colouring job on them. Simply magnificent.

I would love to see your spriting prowess displayed in your Fan'mon.

As usual, excellent job.

I love the animal(?) sprite. He looks so happy =D

Also, Shiny pikachu, it's just the Shading Style really, that makes them look like that to you.

I really like the dress on the first sprite. It looks almost like it was made out of flowers!

That would be perfect for an Aroma Lady. I smell (pardon the pun. Wait, don't!) awesome remakes of Trainer classes!

Thanks for the compliments, all!

Secad, haha, love the pun...even if unintended...lol. Actually, since I am creating a Fan Region, it only makes sense that I create remakes of the trainer classes. I just wasn't sure whether or not I should post them up here. I suppose I could if enough people ask for them.

OK, I have had a couple of requests for Fan'mon, so I guess I'll have to post some up. Just have to decide which ones.

Alrighty, I guess I'll edit this post and put up a Fan'mon and a Trainer if no one else comments.

EDIT: OK, these sprites are mine, so please notify me if they are seen anywhere but here or on my deviantART (4pikachu4).
Aroma Lady would like to battle!
aroma_lady.png

She sent out ???!
fakemon7.png

My version of Aroma Lady and the 2nd evolution in a chain of my fan region. Enjoy!​

Wow, I love the Aroma Lady. The folds/wrinkles/what have you look really cool. And the fact that there is a physical flower in her hand makes it that much more awesome. The green lion starter looks cool. I wonder what the other stages look like.​

Thankies for the compliments, Rayn ^^

OK, so I redid Alina and Purple, and personally, I think they are very much so improved.
alina-1.png
purple-1.png

If some of you are confused about Alina's hair, I'll definitely fix it, because I actually don't really like how the top of it turned out, but I thought it was ok for the moment. If anyone has a good blonde hair color palette, I would very much appreciate it if you would let me use it. My blonde characters always end up having too dark outlines and too light shading on the inside.

There you go. I'm probably gonna do a remake of my main original character, just so that I get a completely new start with my region characters.
Enjoy!​

I"m loving your redone versions of two of your characters Pika. They look fabulous.

As for the previous post before your last one, the Aroma Lady is nifty, and the Fan'mon looks sweet. Awesome job Pika.

Thanks much, Jet. I think I might go back and give the Aroma Lady a neck, though.

IDK if I should edit my last post to put these up, or just put them up. I'll just put them up. Hehe, lotsa updates today. :)

I redid my main character, and I changed her in the way that I closed her mini jacket thingy instead of leaving it open.
ua_new.png

Also, I put the trio together, just to see how it would look.
lovely_trio.png

If you think there are things I need to fix in any of my recent sprites, please let me know.
Enjoy!​

The shading on Alina is really interesting. I like how glowy the neon pink looks.

O_o

Your Aroma Lady looks amazing! She even looks great without a neck, if you meant that. Maybe she's wearing a pink turtleneck.

The way you sprited that light, floaty skirt is amazing too, and echoes flower petals, as it isn't obviously one.

Wow, Alina, Purple and your main character look great. Alina's hair looks cool, I love how it piles on top like that. And I love those boots, I'd get some in real life that weren't pink.​

I love how the trio looks together. They fit so well together. The three of them make each other stand out with their contrasting colour schemes.

Hey Pika. sorry its been a long time. Do you mind making a mugshot of that old sprite you made for me a long time ago? thank you if you do.

EDIT: i know i made a new account, but i couldn't find my password for my other one. please dont ban me!

[glow=yelow,2,300]Can you make a walkie?:
Hair:Brown
Hair Length:Long but not too long..
Clothes:
Yellow shirt(with some fake spikes on the back)
Yellow poketech
Dark blue pants
and
Orange pokeball(on shirt)
[/glow]
[move]K thanx bye![/move]

Wow, it's been a really long time since I posted up anything here, so I have decided to ask your opinions on which picture/pose/thingy of my original character is the best to use for a pixel ID I'm creating for dA. It should be fun to add in her elements after I've chosen which one I want to use, so look forward to that.

ID_possibilites.png

If you see these pictures anywhere but here or dA (4pikachu4), please let me know. I spent a very long time on each of these.

Thank you. :) Enjoy!​

...so I have decided to ask your opinions on which picture/pose/thingy of my original character is the best to use for a pixel ID I'm creating for dA.
Well. Quite frankly, they're all awesome! There isn't anything else to say, except more awesomes and synonyms of that :p

I'd say my personal favourite out of them all is the bottom right of the quartet, though they are all amazing. :o

I'd say top left, but also that it entirely rests upon the element - or main element - of the piece, as (I personally believe) that the different elemts sit better with certain types of pose.

Second choice is bottom right though, she looks quite flirtatious.

The one i like the most in the top right, it looks like she is up to so,ething if that makes any sense, sorry i dont post here a lot, i should as you're a great artist, i love your work on the frist page

Thanks for the input, guys! I will consider your opinions when completing my pixel ID, although I've been working on a self-made base that I may use for the ID instead. I might post the final version up later, then see if you all like that one better.

Haven't posted in a while, so I decided to do a franken-sprite/scratch, just to update.
ua_guitar.png

Woohoo for guitar playing sprites! No, I can't play the guitar in real life, but I reaaaaally wish I could. So, since my dream of playing is currently not working out, I thought I'd have my OC play one for me. Rock on, sister!
I'm pretty sure I used Maylene, Fantina, Dahlia/Daria, and of course, the guitarist. I did a lot of scratching and editting because I didn't like the original shape of Dahlia's legs, and the guitarist's guitar was way too huge looking on my female character. Please don't take this sprite, I spent a long time getting everything to fit together nicely, as well as the coloring.
I may do a Final Fantasy sprite next. Stay tuned!

Enjoy!

EDIT: OK, updating without Final Fantasy sprites, but not to worry! One will be posted the next time I reply . . . or edit. D:
A request I put of for DayU. Completely scratched, aside from the head and the ears.
lopunny_repose_trans.png
lopunny_repose_shiny_trans.png

I can transpara-tive things now! I downloaded the GIMP. Pretty awesome, but I'm not doing it with all of my sprites. I did it for that one since it was a request, so when my request list opens up again, you can ask for it to be transparent of you want.
Also, I saw some sheets on the front page of tSR, and clickied around and found some awesome anime-style battle sprites. I decided to give it a shot.
ua_scarlet_weather_rhapsody_trans.png

My pixel ID character with some random blades. Background transparent because the blade will be easier to see against a different BG color from white. Might go back to do my Pokemon OC.
The game I got this from is called 'Scarlet Weather Rhapsody,' found in the PC/Computer section.
Spliced and scratched to get my final product.
A private request I did for voltage. This person read the rules correctly, so I decided to do a request he said he wanted. I still have to PM it to him, though.
voltage2.png

Enjoy . . . again!​

New sprites!
As promised, first, Some Final Fantasy sprites. Both of Yuna, X-2 version.
yuna-1.png
yuna_guns.png

In case you can't tell - which I admit I made it hard to - Yuna is looking over her shoulder. So yes, everything waist down is her backside, and up from there is mostly profile.
COMPLETELY SCRATCHED. NO STEALY!
The guns were difficult, so they don't look right. Do you guys think I should go back and redo them?
Next up: Yuna, v-1.0. After that, I may go back to some of the older FF sprites and edit them slightly, but I want to take a stab at Ritz from FFTA, Gau from FFVI, or Lenne from FFX2. Which do you think I should do?

Anyways, I did go back to the SWR sprites and did a Pokemon version of my OC.
ua_scarletweatherrhapsody.png

These sprites are extremely hard to work with, since I don't have much experience with anime/manga style drawing/spriting. If you have critique for these kinds of sprites, it would be appreciated. :)

Enjoy!

EDIT: Slow on the comments lately, hehe.
Yuna, X-2, forgot the long hair wrap in the back.
yuna-2.png
yuna_guns-1.png

Finished Yuna, X version.
yunax.png
yuna_staff.png

In the second one, she's supposed to look like she's walking towards you, but It's kind of hard to tell. I may go back and redo it, just because I think I can make it better. Both sprites completely scratched, aside from the shape of the head.
At the suggestion of Yoshimitsu, who has undergone a recent username change, can't remember, lol, I am making all of my Final Fantasy sprites with and without their weapons now. He mentioned he wanted to see Rinoa with her Blaster Edge, so here she is, along with a modified pose from the one I started out from.
rinoa3.png
rinoa_blasteredge.png

The Blaster Edge is a little hard to see. Again, completely scratched, aside from her right arm in the weapon picture, left arm in no weapon picture, and the shape of her head.

Critique on these welcome, as well as suggestions.​

So, I didn't do Ritz or Lenne or Gau. I decided that I wanted to go back and fix all my old sprites, as well as add their signature weapons to them.
I wanted to do Terra first, but I got sidetracked when I went image hunting for her as references, and I learned about Dissidia: Final Fantasy. SO STOKED!!!!
I reaaaaalllly can't wait! I'm so excited that some of THE greatest Final Fantasy characters in the history of Final Fantasy are finally coming together! I was wondering when SquareEnix would decide to do that. I hope that Dissidia doesn't mean the end of the series, though, because Final Fantasy is my FAVORITE game. Period. All the Final Fantasy's I've played are awesome, and I hope I can play more when I can raise enough money for a PSP and PS3. Anyone wanna help? :D

Anyways, since I didn't do Terra, I redid Relm. I didn't do noe with a weapon yet, because I can't decide if I should use a rod or a paintbrush. What do you all think?
relm-2.png

I used the Platinum version of Dawn as a base. The right arm is scratched.
Tifa three times, because she looked weird either way. Which do you guys like best? I couldn't place the suspenders in the right place. Cool thing about Tifa is that her weapons are included. :D
tifa_nosuspenders.png
tifa_suspenders1.png
tifa_suspenders2.png

I used the first frame of Gardenia from Platinum as the base for this one, but I had to do a LOT of scratching to get it just right.
Because I felt like doing a character I knew nothing about, I did Quistis of FFVIII.
quistis.png
quistis_chainwhip.png

I used Fantina for the top portion, scratched it from the waist down and the arms. On the Chain Whip sprite, I used Parasol Lady's arm and, of course, Gardenia's finger point.

Again, critique and suggestions always welcome. Again, I worked long and hard on these, so please do not steal. Thanks.

Enjoy!​