• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pika's Sprites

Glad you guys like your requests!
Okay, I need to add Fawkes and Typhoon to the request list, and Typhoon, a pokemon battle sprite is a trainer sprite, I think, I have to go check my first post, but I think that's what I mean. I can try doing a re-pose if you want, but I'm not so good at them.
I'll update with the mugshots as soon as possible.​

Pika, could I have a sprite fore the girl in my sig? If you need to see the whole pic, go into Lons sig thing in the artworks forum. The link for it is in there on the most current page (at this time) Thx!

It's here:

I cut it out from the purple too, quite scruffily but it doesn't really matter when it goes into a sig :p

I know I am not one to often request from the masterful skills of yours, Pika, but I'm curious to see if this could be accomplished, and you're next on my list of greater spriters to request from.

Recently I had been curious to the thought of, Pokemon are pretty darn smart it seems. Wouldn't you figure someone to eventually use them as maids or butlers? Then it came to me, what would a Lopunny look like in an apron. The through jumped through my head, until I realized the floppy eats would end up being a fire hazard, so for it to work a Lopunny would need to keep their ears in a sort of pony tail to avoid setting them to fire. This is where the request finally shows up. XD

If you are not busy, could you possibly sprite a Lopunny in an apron with it's ears in a pony tail. Even it holding or by a pot or pan could look nice, but that's simply if you feel to do it. Take as much time as you like with this request, it's simply as curiosity venture.

Hey LoN, could you edit your post and take the picture out? It takes too much room on the board.
I have a few questions before I can fulfill your requests...
Fawkes, Do you want the hair to be like the Ace trainer's? Because that hair style is very hard to imitate, I just tried to do it and it turned out HORRIBLE.
And Chao, is that a Hat or a Beanie that your character is wearing? Because it doesn't have much shading I couldn't really tell.
As far as Aura's request goes...
aura.png

This was a fun sprite to work on! I haven't done trainer sprites in so long I forgot how much I like to do them! I kinda like how it turned out, but if you want any changes made to it, just let me know.
And for DayU, I couldn't really figure out where to place the plate, but...
maid_lopunny.png

How does that look?
And to Typhoon, I don't do re-poses so often, so I don't think I can fulfill your request. I gave a couple shots at it, but since it's not my area of work, it wasn't happening. I'm sorry. If you have something else you want me to do, I will.

Enjoy!​

Last edited by a moderator:
Gah, I'm about to feel like a nit picker when talking about the sprite! T_T

My dear Pika, the issue is that it looks like it was edited to simply add on the apron. It could probably work better if the Lopunny was repositioned into a different pose in which it would work better. Then it would be easier to make the play held by her. Along with that, it doesn't feel like the ears would be exactly safe near open fires.

Now comes my ideas on how to help out. To fix the issue with the position. I think using the legs from this Lopunny (

It seems that you are right, I never showed any of my spriting or creative abilities in that sprite, DayU, and I apologize for that. Yeah, I wasn't too sure about how you wanted the ponytail, so I just put a bow there as if it were holding the two ears together, but it sounds like you didn't really want it to be that sort of ponytail, so I give you permission to edit this image as much as you want, but be sure to show me the end product.
:)
maidlopunny2.png

The arm is behind the body, unless you'd like me to move it. In the corner is the bow I used in the first image, just take off the black around it. I hope that it is more to your liking this time. I can try again if you'd like.​

Last edited by a moderator:
This one is VERY much better. It seems you did understand it better this time. The only thing I would like to see is either the hand out on the other side OR the arm showing a bit more.

And I think you could do good once I explain the idea better. What I intended what the idea of pretty much putting the ears together LIKE a pony tail, which I'm guessing would simply require moving her left ear back a bit, causing a bit of distant shrinking, and then the other one reflecting off it, as if they are bound together.

If this doesn't make much sense I could try to explain it better tomorrow. For now I have to go to bed. If you get bored of waiting at any moment, making the apron look more frilly would entertain me. XD

Thank you for trying Pika, well can I get a revamp of a female rocket grunt from g/s/c? By the way I was wondering if you'd ever come back making the Final Fantasy sprites

Thanks for removing the image and the compliment, LoN.
I gave another shot at the Lopunny, I moved the arm out a little, and I tried the whole distance shrinking reflecting thing, and I'm still not sure if this is what you wanted, xD.
maid_lopunny3.png

I can fix it again if you'd like.
And I never played Gold, Silver, or Crystal, so I just assumed the girl with the Team Rocket uniform was the grunt, lol. If it isn't, give me a link and I'll do it.
rocket_grunt_gsc_revamp.png

I wasn't sure if you wanted the hair color changed or anything, so I just revamped it the way it was. If any changes need to be done, let me know.
Enjoy!​

http://media.photobucket.com/image/torterra%20trainer/AnimexGirlX/Pokemon/Pokemon%20Trainers/Sinnoh/78ca2f85.jpg there is a link to the picture of the guy. loving the new sprites BTW.

Okie Dokie, hope this works for you.
chaomug.png

If any changes need to be made, let me know.

Still waiting for your hair description, Fawkes.​

I predict the Lopunny to be as close to perfect as it can get. Thank you very much, Pika. ^_^

I'll probably leave you be for a couple days then return with a trainer request, for I am currently working on an idea for a new character, whom may or may not be released to the public, and would be honored if you'd be willing to help develop a trainer spriter of the trainer.

Great! I'm glad that both of you like your requests.
DayU, I'd be happy to make a trainer sprite of your character, just let me know when you'd like it done.
I do think I might start up the Final Fantasy character-making again, but I'm just worried about sprite thefts, is all. That's why I've been reluctant to put up things of my own inovation and design. If you all want to see the characters, I may just start doing it again.
Also, I've been debating about putting my tile-work up here because of art theft, but that is what I've been working on. I may put them up, just in like, a jpeg file or something to prevent that.​

Yeah thats the one, thanks for doing it it looks good. If your worried about thefts you should put ur name on it somewhere. Thanks again

P

Pokepok

Sorry, internet problem.

Please make it black and an little bit spiky throughout.
Not very spiky, just a little bit throughout the hair.

Thanks.

Okay, So I finished your request, Fawkes, but I'm not too sure about what you mean by "spikey throughout." So I made his hair plain, and I give you permission to edit it however you like, or I can give it another shot if you give me a better description.
fawkes.png

And glad you like your request, Typhoon.

Great! All requests are done so far, I may consider putting up some original work later.​

Hey Pika, I was wondering whether you'd do a request for me, it's a trainer sprite. He is wearing a black cap with his hair flaring out at the back which is black with a white T-shirt with a Pokeball image on the front, a pair of black fingerless gloves, black three quarter lengths or jeans don't really mind and white trainers.

If not, thank you and your sprites are awesome by the way especially your mug shots, and if you can't do it then that's fine, thank you.

As far as Aura's request goes...
aura.png

This was a fun sprite to work on! I haven't done trainer sprites in so long I forgot how much I like to do them! I kinda like how it turned out, but if you want any changes made to it, just let me know.

It's great! ;D There's just one thing... could you make here hair slightly longer? If you can't be bothered, I'll give it a go.​

Hi Pika if you don't mind here my request I would like Platinum style mugshots of the following Gym leaders Brock, Janine, Sabrina, Blue(FR/LG cloths), Morty, Chuck and Pryce, also if your up to it how about a Ranger Sprite of Jack Walker?

~Charles Legend

Wow, looking amazing Pika!

I have a very simple request.

Could you please compile all the Platinum Mug-Shot for me so I could make a Trainer Card Template with them?

Thanks in Advance.

I will post up a link to find the mugshots soon, I just have to go through my PM's to find it.
Charles Legend, I don't know if I wil actually fulfill your entire request, I might just do one of them at a time, because those style mugshots are very hard.
I will take the trainer request, however, but The_Darkness, I have another private request to fulfill yet, so these requests may be a while before completion.​

Wow, you sure are a supper spriter ^-^.
Would you please be able to do some of my requests?
My requests:
1.) Could you fix up this sprite-
sprite.png
(just fix up the shading)
sprite2.png
sprite3.png
Could I also get my person in a sprite like the following please:
Eclipse.png

Many thanks in advance.

Charles Legend, I don't know if I wil actually fulfill your entire request, I might just do one of them at a time, because those style mugshots are very hard.​
Sorry about that Pika, ^_^; How about just a regaler mug of Blue for now then?

And thank you very much Pika, see Jack Walker is one of my favorite Pokemon Rangers but I could not find a good Sprite of him... ^_^

~Charles Legend

Thanks for the link, Jet.
Well, Charles, since you've been so understanding, how about I do a Platinum mug of blue (despite how strange her hairstyle is), and I thought you ment a ranger sprite, not a regular sprite, but if you want a regular sprite of Jack walker I can do that!
I made the hair longer on Aura's sprite:
aura_longerhair.png

I forgot what other requests I have to do right now, so I'll go through my thread again. Might wanna read the front post to find out if I got you.​

Well, Charles, since you've been so understanding, how about I do a Platinum mug of blue (despite how strange her hairstyle is), and I thought you meant a ranger sprite, not a regular sprite, but if you want a regular sprite of Jack walker I can do that!
Um Pika this is who I want the mug of
url]
^_~, the girl your talking about is Leaf, who in Japan is known as Blue... sorry about the confusion, also I did say ranger but if it's easier for you then I don't mind a normal Sprite of him.

~Charles Legend

These all look really great! I'd like to make a request.

Could you make a mugshot of the character in my sig? (The girl, not the shroomish)
And, if it's not too much, can I make a second request? Could you make a sprite of the same character?

Thanks! :)

Thanks for the link, Jet.
Well, Charles, since you've been so understanding, how about I do a Platinum mug of blue (despite how strange her hairstyle is), and I thought you ment a ranger sprite, not a regular sprite, but if you want a regular sprite of Jack walker I can do that!
I made the hair longer on Aura's sprite:
aura_longerhair.png

I forgot what other requests I have to do right now, so I'll go through my thread again. Might wanna read the front post to find out if I got you.​

Yay! Thanks Pika! Can I use it for a request of a Trainer Card?

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Pika clearly said in her post that she forgot what requests she had, so I just reminded her that I would like a request.

You're original post was there in the first place. There's no need to quote it and say "Oh yeah please do mine now."

I'll need another picture of Blue, Charles, or repost it in your last post, the link must be broken or something.
Of course you may, Aura. Any one who requests a sprite may use their sprite for anything that they wish.
Thanks for the compliment, Chibi! It's great to know that you enjoy my work.
And Shroomish, I am now adding your name to the request list.

Thanks for ahndling this, Yoshimitsu. That person may wanna read the first post before posting here again.​