• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pika's Sprites

LOL, I guess my thread has sorta died...but that's okay, I'll just keep postin stuff here in hopes to revive it. LOL.
Well, anyways, I don't have anything to post xD, but I have an announcement...
Requests are open again. So there are 4 empty slots that can be filled...just remember to read the rules about requesting...don't worry, I can tell...*shifty eyes*
Haha. Well, if you guys have any suggestions at all to what you'd like to see from me, let me know, I'm bored, and I want to save this thread before it gets buried under the long list of thriving ones!!!!
Anyways, have a nice day!​

Woot thanks pika ^_^ I like it, looks a tad on the feminine side, im guessing its the face but the detail work you put in is amazing. thanks a bunch.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Hey Pikachu, see what you can do with this.

The owner of the voice certainly looked odd. His hair, for starters, was ice blonde and very messy, falling just short of his eyes. His eyes were very unusual. They looked half closed, with very vivid purple marks underneath them, as though he hadn't slept in a year. His skin was very pale. He looked almost deathly.

On his top half, there was no t-shirt or shirt, just a plain white lab coat that stretched down to his knees. He threw the tails of the coat behind him, revealing his chest. This was the most frightening part about him. His torso seemed to be made up of three different patches of different coloured skin, one the same pale white, one an odd blue colour and the third an almost healthy colour.

On his legs, he wore tight black pants, made out of an unusual material and with three dark metal bands around either thigh, and on his feet, combat boots.

Thread Revival Time!
I hope I don't get in trouble for grave digging my own thread!
Yoshi, I know it was a long time ago, but I finished your request!
yoshifinal.png
yoshifinal1.png
yoshifinal2.png

If you like the one I did, great! Otherwise, I provided 2 blank templates to make it to your liking. One is paler than the other.
Hope you love it! BTW, Nick Jonas FTW.

Anyways, sorry I haven't been on, I'll try to post more often, lol. I was looking around the forums and saw that there were Platinum mugs and "runnies," so I think I'll give them a shot.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry about gravedigging your own thread. It's fine, as long as you update.

Also, your sprite work looks as great as ever.

Ohh, if you wouldn't mind, after you toyed around with the Platinum Mugshots make one for me based on this picture by aReX here. ---> If you need his permission, I've got the PM to prove it. And you don't have to take my request. It's alright if you don't take it. I won't mind.

After you found them for me? Of course I did it. Yours is the very first-my experiment. Hope you like it!
jet_platinum_mugshot.png

Any suggestions or changes, let me know.​

It's looks fine. There is one small detail that is hard to pick out from the pick, but the right eye is blue, not green. Left eye is green, the right eye is blue. Just a small thing.

Just for your own sake for practicing (possibly mine, but I doubt that), could you try using Lucian's pose to sprite Jet? If you think it's too much, it's fine. You've done more than enough for me as it is.

Nice Job, looks great for your first try.

How is this one?
jet_platinum_mugshot2.png

I couldn't get the eyes right because of his shades, but I tried.
Glad to know you still think I'm up to speed with my spriting!
Any changes, let me know.​

Well, you are the spriter, not me. You would know that better. And it's fabulous. I love it. You're work is truly amazing Pika. And this is (Assuming) the first time you've been using these. I thank you so much.

As for my own purposes, I will credit you, but would you like me to upload it to my own Photobucket to lessen the strain on yours?

Your work is amazing. You really are a genius when it comes to sprites.

Thank you for the compliments, Jet! Glad you like it. And yes, the one with the Lucian pose is the second one of those mugshots I've ever done, and no it doesn't really matter to me if you use mine or your Photobucket, it's completely up to you.
And I'm glad that I could at least give you something to work off of, Yoshi.
And I don't know if you read the first post, dragonblue, but I don't do back sprites. I'm sorry.​

Anytime, Jet, anytime.
Well, I'm trying to get back into the spriting scene again, so here are my 3rd, 4th, and 5th attempt at a Platinum-style-Pokemon mugshot.
trio.png

I think alina turned out a little weird, and I think that my unnamed "Purple" character turned out good considering how much editting I needed to do on the Gardenia mug. My main character's one isn't as nice as I would've liked it to be, I may redo it later.
Any advice to fix it? Just post and let me know.

I think I may have a go at trainer sprites using the Platinum trainers.​

If you mean Alina by the one on the far left, then I would definitely add some shading to the arm. Apart from that, I can't seem to find any flaws in them. (Pains me to look for flaws in your work :() Good stuff! :D

Could I possibly request a trainer sprite, using the description of my PRP character? If you so wish to do it, could you use the male Ace Trainer, or whatever pose you feel is best for him.

Please and thanks! :)

Thanks, I will definitely try to add more shading. I too thought that her arm was really...plain...for lack of a better word.
And sure, I'll try your request. I do have one question though, do you want a specific hairstyle, or do you just want me to use the one on the Ace Trainer?​

Hmm only thing I can think off that could use fixing is the inner lines on the first mugshot's arm seem a lil darker then they should be. But overall I really like what you did with the edits, your character stands out with that pose and is unlike her usual self that ive seen. I kinda like seeing her looking kinda more proud then usual.

Great work as usual pika :D

Jey, it's like you can read my mind or something. I chose the Cynthia pose because I thought it be a totally different side of the main, and it seems my point was conveyed! Thanks for the compliments. I fixed Alina up a bit, anything else that can make it better, as well as the other two, just let me know. Crit is welcomed.
alina.png

And Mignight Shadows, I did your request, I see that you editted my three-in-one picture to ge the Cynthia pose by itself. I just kinda recolored the Cynthia mug because the hairstyles are already so similar.
midnight_shadows.png

Anyways, any changes that need to be made, just let me know.​

I do have one question though, do you want a specific hairstyle, or do you just want me to use the one on the Ace Trainer?​
Eh, that is a good point actually :p I forgot that in the description :-[ *Runs off to add it after this post*

I'd say... like the hair in the Waiter's pose, but more ruffled and scruffy'd up.

Utterly perfect!

One change however, could you maybe make his forehead a bit more visible under the fringe? (Yes I did typo that one as fridge before rereading and correcting -.-)

Sure thing, I'll edit this post to put it in, but in the mean time I made midnight's mug darker.
midnight_shadows_darker.png

Does that look good? Or is it too dark? Just let me know.

Edit: Hope this looks better:
LoN_request2.png

If it needs fixing again, just let me know.​

Jey, it's like you can read my mind or something. I chose the Cynthia pose because I thought it be a totally different side of the main, and it seems my point was conveyed! Thanks for the compliments. I fixed Alina up a bit, anything else that can make it better, as well as the other two, just let me know. Crit is welcomed.
The fix is perfect, good work Pika :D

Sure you may, Chao. Just gotta know what you would like me to make.
Thanks for that, Yoshimitsu. I find that a lot of n00bs like to post in here...
And is this dark enough for you? Or even DARKER than that, lol.
midnight_shadows_darkerER.png

Okay. Hope you like it, if not, I'll make it to your liking.

Anyways, I'm about to update my first post, so you may wanna check it out. I wanna try to make it more reader friendly.​

could i have Platinum-style-Pokemon mugshot of the guy in my avatar please (thanks to shaded for the trainer sprite), i didn't see it on you request though but it is not on your regular list as well so i was wondering if you would do, because you did one for midnight?

Nice sprites, you're a great spriter. Well since I'm not one of regulars I guess I'll request something sorta small. Can I get a re-vamp of yellow version Dragonite please?

Chao, you're on the request list, but I may not get to your request until tomorrow, because it's really late here and I have school tomorrow.
Okay, I'm PRAYING this is dark enough, lol.
midnight_shadows_DARKEST.png

If it isn't I give you permission to edit it so that it is.
And Dragonite, eh? There are other things you can request besides revamps.
dragonite.png

I don't know. I'll fix it if you don't like it, because I'm not sure how well it turned out myself. I'm too tired to really be paying attention, so sorry if it is of poor quality.
Anyways, Thank you all for reading my first post. I must say that I think you 2 are the first new people to the thread that have actually read the firstpost and know how to request things. Thank you so much because it makes it easier on me.

I'll update my first post to add more things to the non-regular request list, so that you guys don't feel so limited.​

Its really no problem just following your rules, thanks for adding more to the non-regular list and thankr for the revamp doesnt look bad to me. By a pokemon battle sprite do you mean like changing the pose of a pokemon or something, if it is can I get one for houndour?

P

Pokepok

Hi Pika!
I really like your sprites. They have been made very nicely. I especially like your platinum mugshots. They have a 'neat' look around them.
Could you please do the following request for me?
1-48.png

Please make the platinum mugshot of him with the following changes:
Hair: black
Dress: Blue shirt (no jacket, please)
Eyes: Deep brown

Please make him in the bug E4's pose.
Also, would you mind if make the background transparent and still give you credit?

Thanking you in advance
~Fawkes

Last edited by a moderator: