• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Persona: The New Awakening

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Name: Justin Hardin
Persona: Tamashī No Sanzoku (Bandit of the Soul) Has a cowboy hat and tattered scarf that covers up his face, only revealing black. He wears A black vest, boots, and slacks, and carries a revolver like weapon.
Magic: Gun(there are gun damage personas)
Arcana: Star
Characteristics, personality, and insecurities: Has blonde hair, brown eyes, and pinkish white skin. Wears a gray hoodie, pants, and shoes. Has a black backpack. He is calm and collected. Has the insecurity that he needs to protect everyone.
Other worldly look: After the awakening, he appears in western cowboy clothing, all of it bright red.
Other worldy name: Ranger

Melee weapon: Butterfly knife
Gun: .44 Magnum Revolver

Awakening: a voice starts talking to him, and it tells him to recognize his own power. He then pulls out the butterfly knife, does the trick, and stabs him self in the heart. This awakens Tamashī No Sanzoku.

(Aria of the Soul begins)

You are in a blue room that looks somewhat like a church cathedral. A man is in the center of the room, with a long nose and and in a full black suit. There is also a woman next to him that is in full blue church clothing. The man chuckles, as he begins his speech. You realize you are in a bench, in a room away from him. You think you could run up to him, but decide to show him some respect. "Welcome to the Velvet Room, young one. This place exists between false and truth, real and fantasy. I am one known as Igor. You see yourself in a church, do you not? This room takes appearance based on ones heart." He said, and chuckled some more. "If you see it like this, you wish to be enlightened. You're current path will lead to malice and corruption. I... We are here to guide you along the way to your enlightenment." The man turns to the woman. "This is Victoria, my assistant in the room." "Greetings. I will be glad to assist you." Victoria says. "You are different from the other people I meet with. Normally, they all resonate with the trait of being a Trickster, or Jester. But you," He said, his eyes widening a bit. "You don't come here with that in your heart. No, you aren't even from here are you?" He asks. You politely answer" No, sir" " I knew it. We shall meet again. But, you ought to depart. I believe you almost have landed" Igor chuckled, as if he read your mind. The room starts to fade, everything goes black...

You wake up, realizing you'd been dreaming, and asleep on the plane. You look out the window, seeing that your landing in the Yokohama airport. “What was that dream? Was that place real?” You think to yourself. “He didn’t speak me by my name, that’s odd... it seemed liked he could read my mind...” you think. “No, I am Justin Hardin.” Justin thinks. [NOW LANDING: YOKOHAMA AIRPORT. PLEASE COLLECT YOUR THINGS] The intercom voice says. Justin goes into his overhead storage, and grabs his backpack. He then looks for his relative that he was sent to live with. “I’m here for an entire year. I might as well make the best of it” Justin thinks. A dark haired man and a red haired woman walk up to you. This is your Uncle Shimoda and Aunt Hardin. She married this man. “Hello! It’s great to see you. And look at how much you’ve grown! Your already 17, yes?” You’re aunt says in Japanese. “Yes. I heard the last time I saw you I was very young.” Justin replies confidently in Japanese, being he studied it. Shimoda holds out his hand. “I’m Iyoku Shimoda. Your uncle. You’ll be learning a lot about Japanese culture here.” He says(remember, the English we type will be considered Japanese, as they make fun of English in the English version of Persona)
You put a polite smile on your face, and shake his hand. “You must be tired after you’re trip from America! Let’s get you to our home and settle you in.” He continues. You walk out of the crowded airport to the car, and get in. It’s around mid day here, considering you left pretty late from the airport in America. You stroll through the city, seeing a lot of interesting things. You finally arrive at a small home just outside the city. It has a small fountain, and a garden in the front. You can’t wait to enter, it looks like a lovely place. “Here we are! Get your things, your mom already sent us a package of some of your belongings.” Says Aunt Hardin. You grab your backpack, and enter the house. It’s a lovely place. The living room is just through the door, with a small TV on the wall and a sofa, as well as a table, and two chairs. You eye into the kitchen, that has a window that goes to the living room, like a serving window. I the kitchen is a bigger table, with a girl just a bit younger than you sitting down there, doing what looks like homework. She has brown hair, with a blue streak, and it’s very long and straight. She has light blue eyes, pale skin, and wears a school uniform that’s light gray with light blue accents. She wears glasses, and looks up to see you. She blushes a bit, it’s obvious she’s shy. “U-um, hi! I-I’m uh... Okumi Shimoda! I'm your cousin...” She says, with a lovely high pitched voice. “My name is Justin Hardin.” You say, a big smile on your face. She feels a bit less shy, and shakes your hand. “Let’s show you to your room, err..... living area.” Iyoku says, and opens a door to a set of stairs. This leads down to a semi-cluttered basement, which has your trunk in the middle. A small futon is in the corner, and a bunch of other furniture is everywhere. “Sorry, we didn’t exactly have the time to get it cleaned...” Iyoku says, with a awkward happy face. “I can clean it! No worries" You say enthusiastically. "Okay. I'll be taking you to the local school soon. We need to get you registered. You said you're seventeen, yes? You'd be a third year. I'll let you get situated" He said, and left the room. You move the boxes and open the trunk. Inside are some of your favorite clothes, as well as a Butterfly knife, and a pastime item, a airsoft .44 Magnum revolver with a target. There is a note on the the side, and you open and read it. "Dear Justin, If you're reading this, you made it to Japan. We wanted to put these in there for your defense, as well as something fun for you to do! Sincerely, Mom and Dad." You smile, knowing that they sent this for you. You then hear Iyoku call for you. You leave the room, and get back in the car, your backpack and new gifts with you. He drives you to the Surian High School. You then meet Principal Yanukomi, as well as your homeroom teacher, Mr. Kadomai. Yanukomi was a large, bulky man, with deep red eyes, as well as a bit of facial hair, and light white hair. Kadomai has grey eyes, with light blonde hair, quite a bit of a different color than yours. He was about your body structure, but a bit taller, and wider. "Pleased to meet you. A student from America, especially! Quite a long way for a transfer student, don't you think, Kadomai?" Yanukomi said, laughing at his own joke. "Yes, quite!" Said Kadomai, with a very kind smile. "I guess I'll be seeing you tomorrow! See you later, Justin!" Kadomai says as you walk out. You cant help but smile. You go home and eat a dinner of a beef bowl, prepared by Okumi. "That was delicious, Okumi! They sure don't have this in America!" you say. This makes her blush. "Th-Thank you..." She says, still blushing you go down to the basement, rearrange some more of the things, and find a giant portrait mirror attached to the wall. It looks very nice, almost legendary... And then you fall asleep on the futon. You begin to dream...

"That mirror is the key to your enlightenment. Use it well..." A familiar voice says. You wake up the next day and go to school. "You'll have to ride the bus from now on. This bus also takes you through the city, but don't go exploring too much, you're still new here." You're aunt tells you. You get a annual bus pass, and ride to school. You walk to your classroom on the third floor, and enter. "Ah, we I was waiting for you! Class, we have a new student all the way from America! He'll be here for one year, and then will be heading back. Please, introduce yourself!" Kadomai insists. You write your name down in Japanese, and then turn to the class. "My name is Justin Hardin. As he said, I come from the USA." You say. Voices start whispering around. "America... whats he doin here?" and "Man, look at Mr.Bigshot from America here!" You then look for a seat, but don't want to move.

Candi sighed as she looked out the window,she didn’t seem to bother that much that Their was a new student,she was just going through some thoughts and memories while messing around with a pencil she had. She was sitting in the 2nd row from the front,still it seemed like something was bothering her.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
You found an open seat next to a girl staring out a window. You decide to take it. It’s right behind the girl. You don’t bother talking to the girl, considering she doesn’t look like she wants to be bothered. You sit down, and pull out your notebooks. You see the girl messing around with her pencil. You decide to start following along with the lesson. “Ah, Here’s a new launguage piece. Let’s see... Hardin! Why don’t you tell us what this symbol in our language means?” Kamodai said. You stand up, confident with your answer. “That symbol means “new” or “change ”. “ you say. “Very Good! This does mean new, or change. It is normally used to describe people, an event” Kamodai said, proud of you. *Your Intelligence Increased* you sit back down, and continue writing notes.

Candi also started to follow the lesson,at least the best she could,though most of the work was easy for her. Still she enjoyed the lessons,she then glanced back at the new student for a bit,in her mind she suspected Their was something ‘odd’ about the guy,but she shrugged it off.

Hanako didn't really care much for class as she doodled something down on her notebook. Though, she stopped her scribbling as she took few glances at the new guy. Thinking of something to do as she notice him sitting behind Candi. She took out a rubber band, a sly grin formed on her face as she folded a small piece of paper and pulled the band back with the paper as she took aim at Candi. She shot the folded paper and quickly hid the rubber band below her desk and looked back to her notebook as if nothing happened.

Last edited:

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
You see a piece of paper fly at the girl in front of you. You stop the paper with your hand. You look over to see who threw it. No one seemed to do it, but there was another girl that looked a bit suspicious. You decide not to ask, and continue to write down your notes.

Candi rubbed her head a bit and looked at the piece of paper, before going back to focus on the classwork and write down notes. She just sighed and messes around with her pencil a bit, and shortly went back to look out the window.

Hanako was astonished with how quick the new guy stopped her shot. She took another piece lf paper and written down on it, 'Hiya, strange seeing something like that'. She quickly folded the paper and tooked aim at him, slinging the paper before hiding the band and held her pencil, twirling it around to catch his attention.

Candi Simply focused on the class for some time afterwards,she was definitely taking most of what was being said in of course. She also kinda forgot about what she may have been worrying about,though she wished class ended so she could get to more important things.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
(Sorry, forgot to mention I can’t be on between 8:00AM-3:30PM on weekdays, I live in American Central Time)

You dodge the paper coming toward you, but pick it up because it looks like it has writing. You open it up and read it. “Hiya, strange seeing something like that.” It says. You look over to see the same suspicious girl, twirling her pencil around. You somehow know it’s here that shot toward you. You get a small sticky note, and write back” Hey, and thanks. But we can talk more after class.” Instead of shooting it, you put a bit of weight in it and slide it across the floor. Kamodai sees this, but smiles. He isn’t the kind of man to embarass you.

Last edited:
Hanako saw the paper and picked it up from the ground. She read through it and simply put it aside with a little smile plastered on her face and decided on going back to her doodle. Although the majority of students would be paying attention to class right now, Hanako didn't bother and does her own things.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
You finish your note taking as the bell rings. It’s time to go to the next class. You get your things and pack them into your bag, grabbing it and leaving the classroom. You remember the girl sending you a note and decide to wait for her outside of class. You also want to make acquaintances with the girl sitting in front of you, seeing as she was almost hit with a paper.

Candi walked out of the classroom with her book bag and was mainly just on her phone, she then stopped just outside of the classroom. She gave off a slight shrugged and soon sat down to read a book. She wasn't that worried at the moment.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
You walk to the girl that sat in front of you. She is reading a book at the moment. You can respect that, seeing as you’ve read quite a few books yourself. You hold out your hand, and politely introduce yourself. “Excuse me, I don’t mean to bother you. My name is Justin Hardin, I sit behind you now. Pleased to meet you.” You say, and wait for a response.

Candi looked over at him and closed the book "Oh well I'm Candi Vale, it's nice to meet you, sorry I didn't notice you from before." she then shook his hand and gave off a nice and friendly smile. "You're new here, but why did you come over to here?"

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
[What should you do?]
*Try to be funny
*Tell the truth
*Ignore her Question

You decide to tell the truth. “I’m from America, but my aunt fell in love with a man here, my uncle. My parents sent me to live here for a year. I say, this is quite the country!” You say, trying to be polite. You are quite liking it here. You suddenly see a flash of your dream, the man Igor’s face smiling creepily. You shake it off after hearing your name called by Komodai, ushering you into the classroom. “Sorry, looks like Mr. Komodai is calling me. I’ll be right back.” You walk into the classroom, Komodai looking at you happily. “I see you’re already making friends! I must say, not many new students have don’t have the Guts to talk to others” he says, and gives you a devilish smile. “What was on that note? I won’t tell...” he says, a bit creepily. You tell him straight what happened, and he laughs impishly. “So that’s what it was... sorry for being like an intruder. Don’t worry, I said I won’t tell... Off to your next class!” He says, another warm smile on his face, and waving at you. You feel like you’ve gotten a bit braver... *your Guts increased!* you walk back out, back to Candi. “Sorry, he just asked me what was going on in class.” You say, and wait for her response.

Candi hummed softly "That's nice to hear you're from America, I also used to live there, but then my parents decided to move here, its one nice place." she rubbed the back of her head for a bit "I came from Hawaii to be exact."

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
You think of the one time you’ve been to Hawaii. “I’m from Texas” you decide to tell her, seeing as she told you the state she was from. You smile, seeing as she has been to the USA. Your supposed to go to your next class. “Well, see you later. I need to get to my next class!” You say, as you walk off. Your glad you have some sort of friend. You don’t get to see the other girl, but you can meet her later.

Last edited:
Candi nodded to Justin "I hear Texas is a nice place, but yeah I also should go to my next class as well." she then walked off to her class as well, which she headed over to the school's library, most of the classes weren't hard for her.

Hanako kept her things into her bag, she notices that the new guy left the classroom. Possibly heading off to the next class. She shrugged her shoulder as she walked out and headed to her next class.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
You hear the final bell ring. You get your stuff and walk outside of the building. You need to get back to the bus, but you decide to wait to see either Candi or the other girl, seeing as you didn’t get to meet them yet. You wait until one of them walks out of the school.

Candi proceeded to walk to the front of the school, glancing around to see if there was anyone else as well. She stopped by her locker to grab a few things, she hummed softly and then closed the locker.

Hanako sighed in relief that the last bell had rung. She walked out of class and head straight for the front of the school. She notices Candi by the lockers but didn't pay much attention as she really just wants to leave the school ground. Hanako notices the guy from before waiting outside by the school gate. She slyly grin as Hanako sneaked up behind him, inhaling in a lot of air before shouting right behind him. "HEEEY!!!"

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
You are a bit scared by the girl, but keep your cool. “Hi” You say, and hold out your hand. “My names Justin Hardin. You were the one throwing the papers, right?” You ask. You don’t want to show fear, seeing as your a guy. You remain calm and collected.

(Ok now we’are getting started!)

Hanako giggled a little as she shook his hand. "Yep! My name's Hanako Uwaki. But you can just call me Hanako." She thought Justin's reaction was funny since he seem to try so hard to hide it. "So, what brings you here of all places?"

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
“My parents sent me here for a year. I’m living with my aunt, who married a man here and settled. Anyways, it’s nice meeting you.” You say, telling what you told Candi. Hanako seems charming in her own way, just like Candi. You have a feeling you’ll make great friends. You have another flash of Igor. You try to make it seem that you’re not acting weird, but it’s obvious. You just try to smile out of it.

Hanako notices the little change of expression Justin did. Thinking it to be something else, she smiled. "That sounds nice. Hopefully, you can get use to this place quickly. Not like much happens here." She said, thinking of anything she can do... "Oh, why don't we exchange numbers!" She chirped, taking out her phone. "You know, a little talk's nice. It's not like you're the type to go skirt chasing, right?"

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
You quickly exchange your phone number with Hanako. “No, I’m not! Definitely not!” You say, trying to comfort and agree with her. You are glad to have some more familiarity with people around the school. You then want to ask Candi for her phone number. “Have you seen Candi around? I’ve only met her and you, so I want to ask for hers as well.” You wait politely for an answer.

"You sure you're not here for that?" She said before laughing. "Ha ha, I'm just kidding. She's still inside at the lockers." Hanako turned around and started walking off. "Welp, great first talk, I'll see ya then, ja ne~." She waved.

Candi glanced over at the two for a bit and hummed softly, she was just about ready to leave the school for the day and hopefully have a good time elsewhere, still she felt a bit uneasy.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
You see Candi glancing at you. She seems finished with what she was doing in her locker. You walk up to her, and begin to converse with her. “I know we just met, and that you probably have other things to do, but may I have your number?” You ask politely.

Candi nodded at him and gave her number to him "Yeah that's fine, I have no problem with it." she then wrote her number on a sheet of paper and gave it to him. "But is there anything else on your mind, just wondering."

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
You have another flash of Igor. This one lasts a bit longer than the others, and Igor says something. “You are already starting to bond. These bonds will bring you a long way.” You now you look like your randomly staring blankly, so you shake your head in repliance. “No, nothing else at the moment! See you tomorrow, Candi.” You say, and walk toward your bus stop. It’s gonna be a bit before you get back home... You spot Okumi on the bus. She notices you as well, and smiles. You go over to her. “Hey, Justin! I see you seem okay. Did you have a good first day of school?” She asks, shyly, but kindly. She hasn’t gotten super used to you yet. “Yeah, I did. I’ve already met a few friends.” “You have? I might know them. Their names?” She asks, suprised you’ve already made friends with people. You tell her of Candi and Hanako. She smiles. “I’ve seen them before, but I’ve not talked to them. I mean, I am just a first year...” she says. You continue your conversation until you arrive near your home. You both get inside, and you go down to the basement. It’s more tidy than before, but still a mess. You spend your afternoon cleaning up. You find an array of shelves, and put it up adjacent to your bed. You also find a table and a few chairs, 8 to be exact, and put at the other side of the room. You then find a dresser, in which you decide to put your clothes in. A bird cage has been located, and you put that in a workbench you found, which has tools. You then sweep and mop the place. It looks very nice, you’ve done a good job. You then remember the air soft target you’ve been given. You put it next to the mirror, considering your a very sharp shot. You quickfire all of your six airsoft pellets, and one heads toward the mirror. But it doesn’t break it. Instead, it goes into the mirror, and disappears. You load and fire one more time at the mirror. It happens again, and you decide to try to stick your hand through the mirror. It WORKS. You fall back, dumbfounded. You then try putting your whole body through the mirror. You step into the other side, and...

Candi shrugged as she looked at Justin and then walked off to her house. She still wondered if something bothered him,or if it was just a random coincidence.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
You appear in a world behind the mirror. The world gives you a headache, there are so many reds and blacks. You look around. There are reflective surfaces everywhere. Then, a black blob jumps out and becomes a different form. You become kind of scared. You look behind you, to see the mirror floating in midair. You take it back to the other world. Your back in he basement. Iyoku comes to check on you. He sees what you’ve done to the room. “Nice! You got it quite clean!” He said, and eyes the target. “Though, you might wanna move that airsoft target. That mirror is sacred.” He says, and leaves. You move the target back over by your bed. You then realize it’s getting late. You decide to go to bed. You start dreaming....

Igor welcomes you once more to the Velvet Room. “You have returned. I see you have found the gate to the Reflection World. It’s a gift I've given you. Use it well. You’re almost ready to awaken the power inside you...” Igor says, and fades away. You get the rest of the night as sleep. You awake the next day, and go to school.

(@Gamerblam @Lucas Inazumai, the official day of this starting now that I think about it is 4/12/2019. Every post I make will be dated. By the end, this should have looped back to the same date. The dates will be shown at the end of the post like this.

[4/12/19]

Last edited:
(Just thinking we’re going to the next day)
Candi woke up the next morning and headed to school, she glanced at her phone for a bit as she was walking to school. Stopping near the entrance of the school.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
(Yes now it’s the next date. I’m not gonna put 20XX or I’ll get confused with dates of P5)

You’re riding the bus to school. Your still having a bit of a hard time believing that the Velvet Room and that other world exist. Your a bit disturbed about it all. You get out of the bus, just to see Candi standing in front of the school. You decide to go say hello, considering you want to make some new friends.

[4/13/19]

Candi looked up at Justin and smiled at him. "Hey it's nice to see you again, I assume you're doing just fine as well. But anything new happen recently?" She then put her phone in her pocket.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
You’re sure you don’t want to tell her about the Velvet Room, that was clear. But you don’t know if you want to tell her about the mirror. You can prove it, sure, but would you like to be told off as crazy? No. “No, nothing much. I did get the basement I’m living in cleaned up.” You say, a smile on your face as well. It’s pretty obvious that something is not right, but you try to hide it as best as possible. You then hear the bell ring. Time for class again.

Candi nodded at him to him "Well I hope things work out, I might think about paying you a visit sometimes as well." She chuckled and headed off to class as well, she was happy to see that Justin was doing fine.