• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Outcasts(Official Reboot)—RP

“Must be some kind of stress power release,” Quick muttered glancing at Dasken’s release of flames. He dug in his pocket and pulled out an extra bandana from his pocket. “Here’s something to cover that wound. Let me see your arm.” He said, snatching for her arm. He rolled up her sleeve and tied the bandana around her upper arm, keeping it tight to stop the bleeding.

“Keep it easy, and don’t use that arm for a bit.” The man said glaring daggers at the surrounding area. He had heard something.

After a few minutes passed, Dask managed to shove his emotions down again. He took a shaky deep breath, and all at once the release of power stopped. He felt fatigued, but not overly so. He shook his head, the fromt right bang dropping over his eye. He walked briskly back to the group, sitting on the ground and looking down. His eyes turned dark and tired, the bags under his eyes clearly showing. He sat in silence, waiting for the group to make a decision.

"well that works,so who would you be"Gaia asked,he looked confused at the man who was shooting glares everywhere"hey,is there something here besides us"Gaia said assuming that was the answer

Shawn expected nothing less. Odilon was easily a lively young man, who didn't recognize Shawn. It had been a while since then, and Shawn had been underneath a cap. It'd have taken a miracle for Odilon to recognize Shawn, but vice versa, Shawn never forgot a face he'd put behind some kind of cage.
"Shawn Letcher." The ex-officer replied as firmly returned the handshake, his voice scratchier and gruffer than usual. Probably from a week long vigil of silence.
He fell silent again, deciding to do more listening than speaking as he'd earlier concluded, and let go of the other meta's hand, his own arm falling stiffly to his side.

Darcel stood, and looked around. "Well.. I expect helicopters, and men with shields and guns to appear soon..." He whispered, glancing away from them all. He focused his attention on his hand, which seemed to be rippling.

Nora sat, and looked around. A smile never really left her.

Odilon scratched his head and thought for a minute. "Letcher.... that name sounds familiar. Eh, whatever." He cracked his neck a few times and turned back to Shawn. "Anyway, I'm assuming you have others with you, which explains those explosions." He casually flared up his aura as the air got a bit denser. Odilon's aura turned a bright silver, which no one else could see, but could definitely feel.

Shawn only gave a nod as he turned and looked back at them, gazing over each one again, memorizing their faces. Realizing they were doing very little decision making and more complaining, he made up his mind. He'd need to take charge, which was a natural thing on his part. Clearing his throat, the man spoke up.
"Alright, people! We need to get moving. SWAT, local Police, and the News crews will arrive shortly. We don't wanna be here when they do." With that, he immediately began to walk into the woods, tearing off the identity tag the government had given him, which had resided on his right wrist. Now, it lay on the ground.
"And I don' mean take your sweet lil' time." He looked back at the group, his southern accent coming through a little heavier now that his voice was returning.

Dasken shook his head. “I’m not following anyone until I know where the hell we’re going and what the hell we’re doing.” He felt his body begin to shake from an anxiety-based adrenaline rush, and he did his best to hold in the brief wave of his power outburst. An explosion still rocked the group slightly, and the temperature in Dasken’s general direction grew about a dozen degrees higher, but for the most part he maintained a cool head. His face darkened further. “And I don’t just mean a direction. We need a plan of action, a system set up for survival, and a way to make sure that we know if we ever lose someone.” His eyes met Shawn’s, his glare seemingly piercing right into the man’s soul. “You do have all of that if you’re taking charge so quickly.” His voice sharp, still sharpening. His brow furrowed, stare intensifying. “Right?”
He secretly was trying his best not to shake visibly, and any willpower he could spare was sent right to controlling his power. Hell, he might not even be able to manage his bowels right now, but he wanted to ensure the group’s safety. That starts by making sure the right person is in power, he thought to himself.

Shawn stopped, and turned, returning the glare as he placed his hands on his hips, making his broad shoulders appear broader. He made no immediate reply, before letting out a scoff, and walking towards Dasken, coming to a stop only a foot away from him. "Alrigh', listen. There are gonna be a shit ton of guys with guns about to arrive, and they will have orders to shoot on sight." He said quietly to him, making this a conversation between the two of them rather than yelling back and forth at each other, though not quiet enough to make it seem private, as it wasn't even close to a whisper. "I understand where you're comin' from, I do, but we don't have the kind of time to establish all the little details. My topmost priority is gettin' all of you outta here. Once I'm sure we're safe, we can start thinkin' long-term, about survival and whatnot, but righ' now is what's important. Think you could help me round 'em all up? Could you help me with that, man?" He asked, his eyes never breaking from Dasken's as he proceeded to give the kid a couple of pats on the shoulder in the hopes to symbolize an understanding. "Just as deep as we can get into the woods. A couple miles oughtta shake off the feds for a bit." He stated, finally answering Dasken's original question, ignoring the shifting temperatures, and still never breaking eye contact.

Dasken grinned. “Just know that if this all goes to hell, it’s on you.” He shrugged off the shoulder pats, intentionally heating his shoulders up for each one. “Any arguments anywhere else?” He asked aloud.

“We shouldn’t just hi-tail it,” Quickdraw announced standing up straight. “Think about it. If we simply run, they’ll be on our tails until either we die, or they capture us. So let’s make the former happen sooner.” The man gave a devious grin, and let his words sink in, before continuing. “We’ll need to fake out deaths, to help us escape. So I’d say we destroy the truck completely. Make it go boom, and fix it so it looked like we all died in there. Rip up parts of our clothes, and toss them in, before we toast it. Just runnning ain’t gonna help. We gotta cover our tracks.”

Dasken grinned. He ripped off a piece of his shirt, and threw it into the back of the van. He snapped his fingers, and the engine of the vehicle began to rumble, creak, and groan. “Hurry up and throw clothes in. I’d give it... two minutes?” Dasken called out over the now-increasing noise.

Ashley dug through her pockets, not willing to toss her hoodie in--that would waste something that could keep her warm and a personal link for her--and found a necklace that she'd taken off during the day. "I guess this'll work," she said to herself, throwing it in.

Kevin reluctantly ripped the sleeved off of his shirt and tossed them int he back of the truck. It would suck to have to ruin a perfectly good shirt. But it was needed, so he did it.

Quickdraw ripped off his poncho and tossed it, without a care. “Think of it as a sign that you are starting over,” he announced to help ease the descion of more reluctant people.

"Well we can't just leave that poor man inside." Shawn retorted, back straightening as he hardened towards both Dasken and Quickdraw. "Unless you're considerin' stoopin' down to their level and commitin' murder." He raised an eyebrow before shaking his head, and moving to the front of the truck, grabbing the door and pulling it open.
Inside, the driver lay unconscious. Blood covering his face, but he was undoubtedly alive, albeit injured, but alive. Grabbing the man, he dragged him out, and hefted him over his shoulder, before moving away from the vehicle. These children weren't kids. They were crafty, relentless, and rebellious.
Shawn liked that.
"Blow the damn thing to hell. This man won;t remember a thing." He said to them as he turned back to the truck, the man still over his shoulder.

“You’re just leaving a trail for them to follow. If they know he survived and was oiled out, then they will know at least some of us survived. Then they will track us. We can bury him after the blast in the wreckage. He’ll survive, and it will look less suspicious. Sometimes we gotta make choices. Hard ones. And they’ll only get harder from here.” It was almost if Quickdraw was challenging Shawn’s position of authority. “There will be times later, when killing will be necessary. No point in sugar coating it.”

At the last word in Quickdraw’s sentence, the entire vehicle exploded. Dasken stood, his back to it, and took the brunt of the heat and force. He flinched when he felt a few shards cut and jab into his back, but otherwise seemed fine. “Decision time.” Dasken muttered.

"I wasn't suggesting we take him with us." Shawn stated to Quickdraw as he carried the man back to the wreckage and laid him down on the ground near it, but not close enough to be harmed. "A pyrokinetic meta attempted to use their powers and overdid it, resulting in the truck becoming extremely damaged. The metas in the back were incinerated. Driver jumped out of the vehicle before the vehicle erupted." He said before turning back to the others. "I've been an Officer for almost two decades. I know how this story will turn out. Good thinking on that, you two, but now we have 20 to 30 minutes left. I suggest we leave. Now."

Ashley nodded. "Let's go, then. I'll make sure no one's left behind," she added, hovering an inch or so above the ground. "Since I can fly, I can keep an eye on everyone from above."

Dasken nodded. He waited for the leader to begin walking, and he prepped his heat and explosions for fast, jet-like travel, palms crackling in anticipation.

Gaia overheard the two and was all in for it"I'm not very good at the while rounding up thing but I have an idea"Gaia said jumping out of the crater and placing his hands on the ground"if this works in going to laugh at my science teacher,if I can send an electrical current through the ground I should be able to sense the nearest moving electrical force,I don't even know what I just said"Gaia shot a small electrical bolt through the ground which was picked up by a military vehicle a little later"crap,the a bunch cars are about 2 minutes away,we have to go,now!!"Gaia said in shock

“Good for you. Small time officer.” Quickdraw said, walking up to the unconscious body of the man, and stripping him of his gun. He placed the pistol in the empty holster, before rubbing the man’’s face with dirt. “We’re not just escaped criminals.” The man became silent, as he walked away from the body.

“They’ll most likely come from the main road. We should probably head east or west.” He said calmly.

"Let's move." Shawn ordered as he eyed the gun Quickdraw had taken. Saying nothing else, he started walking swiftly into the forest. "It'll be harder for search choppers to see us through here, plus, no vehicles can maneuver through this." Having said enough, he motioned for them to follow, and disappeared into the tree line. (East, let's say)

Ashley flew higher and looked down at the group as they traveled. She also kept an ear out for any signs of choppers or trucks. She ignored the rustling of her hair by her ears and the wind through the trees. The pattern of the leaves created a pattern on the forest floor that messed with her vision, and a few times Ashley almost ran into a branch.

Gavin saw another explosion and feared for Odilon. Fearful tears in his eyes, he transformed into a falcon and flew with all of his speed to where the explosion occurred, soaring over the forest, when something caught his eye. Something blue and orange was flying through the forest. Of course, having the small attention span of a child, he diverted his path, heading down there. The thing was a girl, the blue was her hoodie, and the orange was her bright red hair, tied back in a ponytail. And with the group was..."Odilon!" he exclaimed, coming out of his bird form and almost causing a collision between himself and Ashley, and about tackling his friend.

Gaia quickly ran with the group into the forest"so what do we do on the off chance they do find us,fight?"he said dodging trees as he ran,he looked up and saw Ashley,who at the moment was the only one he knew,but he'll introduce himself to everyone when they're safe

Dasken launched himself with great speed, multiple small explosions at his heels to propel him forward. He saw Ashley up above and, for no reason he could determine, decided to double his speed. Then he tripled it. He couldn’t go above this speed, however, and was straining himself immensely. When he looked back, the group was a blur, and he screeched to a halt, nearly falling flat on his face.

Last edited:
"We fight." Shawn replied simply to Gaia's comment as he continued to head forward, moving a tree branch out of the way, his eyes forward. That was the expected response. He doubted any of them would go down without a fight. Clearing his throat, Shawn watched as Dasken barreled through the brush, which was an impressive sight, but could cause unwanted attention. "Hey, would ya restrain yourself, man!?" He called to the meta, jaw working as another branch was shoved aside out of his way. "They have technology that can pick up surges of energy, you know! You tryna get us spotted?"

(And I'm assuming for the sake of plot, they will indeed find us)

Odilon grunted in surprise as Gavin tackled him to the ground and chuckled softly and briefly. "I'm alright. Sorry if I gave you a scare." He turned back to the wreckage, which was now smoldering with flames that crackled softly. He walked over to the burning tuck and flared up his aura, directing it to his hand. Odilon sighed and thought, This is gonna hurt, before resting his hand on a small fire that burned on the crate. Doing this caused the scarlet flame to fuse to his aura, and in turn, burn Odilon's skin. Odilon grunted softly from the pain before it subsided, leaving him standing up straight, scarlet fire crackling around him and even dancing in his eyes. He flared up his aura, which now burned with fire as well, but now, his life energy was visible to everyone else, taking on a deep crimson, similar to the fire he had fused to his aura. Odilon smirked. Cool.

"wait what,if they can pick up surges and energy....I'm endangering all of us"Gaia was constantly exerting surges of electricity,though invisible to them Gaia could see them"I can't stay with you,I'm a danger to all of you"Gaia stopped running and stood still, knowing that if he stopped he would only catch him

“Damn Primadonas,” Quickdraw mumbled as Gaia ran off in a different direction. However the man kept moving, and decided that if the boy would come back eventually. “We all emit energy in some ways kid!” He shouted loudly over his shoulder.

The man kept up a steady pace, and locked his jaw. This was pretty bad luck. This wasn’t the easiest terrain to travel and there was a good deal of hotshots who wanted to show off their power.

In the rear, was Kevin whi had an idea. “I can make clones of myself. Maybe i could be a diversion if they find us,” he said aloud.

Shawn pressed on, stomping through the brush, closing his eyes every now and again, realizing how long it'd been since he'd last slept. Four days now? He'd never tried to stay awake for so long, so this was definitely a record for him. "Clones, huh?" He replied to Kevin's idea. "Sure, that could delay 'em for a while. In the end, we'd still have to fight or die. Or worse."
With that last note, he ducked under a particularly large branch, his gears reeling despite his exhaustion. "Just a couple more miles. We're almost far enough away."

Gaia ran back to the crater to try and buy the rest some time,many soldiers and armored vehicles approached him with their weapons loaded"ok, if you want me,come get me!!"Gaia said acting brave,the fired many projectiles at him"ya can't hit me!"he stopped time so he could move out of the way and then shot a electric bolt at the soldiers chaining from one to the other shocking their frozen bodies,they would feel the damage and pain when time resumed"gah! I can't hold it any longer"time resumed and many soldiers were shocked"crap there is to many"he said shooting bolts at them and struggling to fight

Darcel turned his head, and noticed Gaia's struggle. He turned around, and sprinted for the man. For the first time in a while, Darcel knew he was needed. He stood in front of Gaia, almost like a human shield. "S-stay behind me. You'll be safer." Projectiles flew left and right, and struck the boy multiple times.

Nora ran away from the group, for she didn't know what was going on, or who to trust.

Dasken groaned. He has exerted so much power and was starting to feel light headed. He looked behind him, and he saw that a couple of survivors were fighting off militial forces. With one massive explosion, Dasken launched himself towards the nearest man. He grabbed him and used the poor guy’s weight to launch him far. He leaped, explosion-propelled and adrenaline pumping, onto the nearest vehicle and melted the front tires. He grabbed a turret and heated it up enough to bend into a full circle, and he landed with a minor shockwave next to Darcel, body glowing bright hot.
His instincts were trying to take over, his body was wearing itself out faster and faster, and he felt a massive headache coming on. How can I help finish this fast so we can keep going!? Dasken muttered to himself.

Last edited:
Darcel shut his eyes, and clenched his fist. He suddenly opened them, and they appeared to have a strange red shimmer in the whites of the eyes. A couple of men fell to the floor unconscious, nearly simultaneously. Darcel doesn't kill. The bullets kept striking the boy's skin, and created large wounds, that spurt blood constantly. Darcel began to shake, the more the bullets struck him.

Dasken began panting. He looked over towards Darcel, brow furrowed, and noticed all of the blood spurting from him. He also noted a couple of the militia members had fallen unconscious. He glared towards the group aiming partially at himself now, and cracked his knuckles. He blasted a wave of heat that knocked out a few, but a few were yet still standing. They opened fire.

Gaia was shocked at the boy and the bullets he took for him"no way are you dying for this,reverse!!"Gaia created a small field around Darcel,reversing what had happened to her in the last few seconds, the bullets were pulled out and fell to the ground when they went outside the area around Darcel,as well his wounds repaired as if nothing happened"there, that should help"he said releasing the field, Gaia jumped up and shot a large wave of electricity at the militia shocking soldiers and a couple vehicles exploding them"thanks for the help,names Gaia"he said when he landed

Last edited:
Darcel wiped his stomach, even though nothing was there. "O-oh. My names Darcel, nice to meet you." he whispered, going back to his shy little self. Darcel looked at the some of the remaining men, and knocked them out with a simple hand gesture. He turned towards Dasken, who seemed to be burning up. (Hahahha puns)

Nora squatted down and cried, for the sight of this was too much for such a young child.

Dasken managed to melt the first two bullets, but the third one bruised his arm and the last 3 hit his left leg. Unexpectedly, Dasken’s face grew dark and the guns spontaneously combusted in the soldiers’ hands.

Darcel turned towards the now wounded Dasken. His face turned a bit more focused, as he stared at the wounds. Strangely, as the boy glanced at the injuries the skin and internal damage rebuilt itself. "Be careful.." he mumbled.