• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Outcasts(Official Reboot)—RP

Interested? Join here! https://pokecharms.com/threads/outcasts-official-reboot-discussion.18336/

~~~​
Ashley shivered, pulling her blue hoodie closer to herself in an effort to keep warm. She couldn't create anything more than a small flicker with the power-restraining cuffs her captors had put on her, and even that required quite a bit of effort. Sitting in the truck along with her were several other "outcasts", each outfitted with their own set of cuffs as well. They had no seatbelts and mostly just sat by the edges, hoping that would keep them from moving around too much. The truck came across a bump and Ashley was tossed up into the air, falling onto the person sitting next to her. "Oof--! Sorry!" she said, righting herself and facing the person.

The temperature was very low and Gaia was beginning to shiver,Gaia was attempting to break the cuffs even though he couldn't due to it's power restraining attributes"these cuffs are impossible to break"he said angrily,when the vehicle hit a bump it surprised Gaia as someone fell on him"ah,h..hey, could you get off of me please"he said trying to help the fellow outcast up despite the cuffs restraint

Coal kept to himself as he wondered how he got into this situation "dang man, how did I get here again?" Coal asked himself. Then as he tried to summon some rocks he remembered the cuffs restrictions on his power made him hopeless. That didn't stop Coal from trying to bang the cuffs against something hard that was close to him.

Dasken shook and twitched. His stress level was raising. He didn’t feel cold at all, as a mild orange glow was visible around him. His powers didn’t seem very effective, however, as he couldn’t melt off the cuffs. He tried making them explode, but that didn’t work, either. He looked around, instantly noticing the outline of a girl who he thought he recognized. They went over a bump, however, and the person fell over onto another. Momentarily, Dasken thought he could make out her distinguishing features, and decided that it was not, in fact, anyone he knew.
It was someone he wanted to get to know.
Of course, social anxiety is a thing, he muttered to himself. He focused on keeping warm while slowly hitting the back of his head on the truck wall.

Darcel sat in one of the various corners of the truck, glancing around at the other members. His cuffs we're placed on a little to right, restricting his blood flow a bit. The awkward tension was a bit strange, for no one spoke any words.

Nora swang her feet back and forth, like the child she was. The only thing that crossed her mind was the fun little bumps in the road that tossed her in the air a bit.

Dasken wanted to say something to break the silence. He tried to open his mouth to speak, but no words came out. He tried again to no avail. The third time, he let out a small whimper and wanted to scream. He couldn’t keep up the glow anymore, so he succumbed to the cold. He sighed heavily and audibly, squeezing his eyes closed due to stress.

Gaia wasn't given an answer so he sat the person up and looked akwardly at the others,he tried to change the subject by saying something"I know none of us know each other,but we need to get out of here,any ideas"he said suddenly,he knew that the driver wouldn't ear them as the walls to the cockpit we're soundproof

Taking a deep breath, Dasken rested his head against the van wall again. In a shaky voice, he muttered, “Maybe if we... If one of us could get these cuffs off..?”

Ashley shook her head. "This is government-grade stuff...It'd definitely take more than the tiny spark I'm capable of." she thought for a second. "Unless someone has something flammable they'd like to give for the cause, we're pretty much stuck."

A quiet snore could be heard from one end of the truck. There sat a man named Quickdraw, who had his head low and was snoring. In his opinion there was no point in worrying. This time for him was for resting and recovering his strength.

However, unlike Quickdraw, Kevin Mills was wide awake. “There’s no point trying anything now. We try something, and they stop the truck, and beat the crap out of us.” He said aloud, with a bit of slur in his voice. He had heard the clink of handcuffs and quickly pieced together that people were trying to break free. “And if one of us break free, they dont have a chance to help anyone else. We’re screwed.” The boy was feeling more pessimistic that usual.

However as the truck hit another bump, something came to him. “What if I can help all of us. I can make clones, but I don’t know if it will work.” Kevin said, louder with a bit more vigor.

Dasken thought for a moment. His eyes briefly widened, as he shuffled a bit away from the wall. “I think... if I can get into the bottom of my pockets...” he shuffled around a bit more until getting a small pile of lint into his hand. “Is this okay?” He then blushed slightly, and sank down.

Ashley looked at it. "Maybe..." she then looked the person in the eye. "You, uh, might want to set that down. Y'know, fire, hand...yeah." There was a small smile etched onto her face; even now, Ashley tried to lighten the mood.

Dasken shrugged. “I’ve handled far worse heat than a lint fire. Trust me.” He scooched over to her, but not too close. He was grateful for his longer-than-usual arms, and put the lint in front of Ashley. “I’ll be just fine.”

Gaia,was covering his face in case the fire would somehow spark at his face,but he was glad that these people were resourceful,even though he didn't know how this was going to help"so what is this supposed to do"he asked

Ashley shrugged, and got to work. "I can use it to fry the electronics in my cuffs, then I can take care of everyone else's," she replied to Gaia. The lint caught fire, and Ashley held her cuffs over it. "Come on..." she said, watching the small fire die out as her cuffs grew a small bit weaker. By the time the fire was out, Ashley knew she was capable of helping the others. "Alright!" she exclaimed, then looked to Dasken. "Here, give me your hands."

Dasken’s face contorted into a blushing mess of cringe, joy, and anxiety. He held his hands forward, and looked away, afraid his eyes might somehow drive her away. His whole body visibly tensed more and more, and he began to shake with anticipation and anxiety.

Nora bared a large smile across her soft face. She sat up onto her knees, and jumpily waited for her turn.

Darcel glanced back at his nearly purple hands, which didnt bother him for some reason. Glanced back at the spark girl, who miraculously broken the system.

After Ashley said that, Gaia put his cuffs next to the small lint fire making his weaker as well"now that I know this is electronic I can short circuit the cuffs"he said sparking his hands and frying the cuffs off"yes!! I can fry your cuffs if you need me too" he said smirking to the many other outcast

Ashley broke Dasken's cuffs relatively quickly, then looked around the truck to the others. "Alright, let's bust out of here!" she said, getting up and heading over to Darcel.

Dasken held up a hand to both of them, slid to darcel’s cuffs, gripped the middle tightly with one hand, and within seconds it melted in half. The wrist clamps popped off, and Dasken shrugged. “Not made from an extremely heat-resistant metal. I can help too.”

Going from person to person, Dasken helped to free the trapped outcasts. He thought for a moment. He grinned a cheshire grin. “Should I overheat the engine, or straight-up launch it into the air?”

Gaia had a nice plan to bust out,he charged up his electrical Sparks and shot it at the door blasting it apart,before the smoke cleared Gaia jumped out and activated his time manipulation"I've got all the time in the world!"Gaia froze everything around him as he quickly ran to the cockpit and attacked the frozen soldier,be quickly returned to the back as everything began to move again"well that takes care of the driver,phew..that took a lot out of me,so what now"he said breathing heavily

"Do you seek death upon others? That's quite harsh. Also, it might be quite dangerous as well. " Darcel mumbled, trying to contribute to the conversation.

"Do both!! " The little girl exclaimed, jumping at the thought of an explosion.

Dasken crossed his arms. He furrowed his brow, then gestured his arm upwards. An explosion ripped through the floor beneath him, and he tucked and rolled. Rude, he thought to himself.

Shawn sat still, back straight as he watched the children around him breaking free of their chains. The poor children the government had deemed 'dangerous'.
The man looked down at his hands, realizing someone had broken them free. He wasn't about to complain. Looking about, he finally stopped thinking about the life he'd left, as the current moment seemed to be more important. They all had their abilities, and weren't afraid to show it.
Cocky bastards. He smirked before looking back down at his hands. He debated on leaving with the kids, but wasn't sure how morally correct he'd be. He'd freely given himself up without a fight out of respect for the officers.
But that life was over. To think morally about the kids, he'd go with them. They were hella young, and they'd need somebody like Shawn. Somebody who's been through the ups and downs, and plus, he's clearly the oldest man here.
Letting out a sigh, Shawn brought his hand up and rubbed the dark grey beard that had been growing on his face for the last couple of weeks. It wasn't an impressive one, as it looked more like a 5 o'clock shadow, but he was rather proud of it, having never actually grown out a beard before.
He'd made up his mind. The kids here were being reckless, but they were desperate. They didn't want whatever life was ahead of them. They wanted to write their own destiny like any normal kid. He respected that. He'd go with them.

Nora was about to jump out of the truck, until she realized she had no real power to help herself in this situation. She began to back up, and anxiously rubbed her palms.

Darcel sighed, and looked at the hole in the floor. He was about to break out of the truck, until he looked at the girl. "Hey.. I- I can help you...? " He doubted himself, but wanted to comfort her. She grabbed his hand, and he picked her up. He shut his eyes, and jumped out the hole in the floor.

Immediately after coming to a stop, Dasken brushed himself off, shook off the dizziness, and felt the anxiety attack kick into full force. His stomach ached and his hands shook. He barely stopped himself from yelling as he launched a wave of heat into the path, burnt earth’s scent lingering around him.

Ashley was caught off guard and thrown towards a wall, but caught herself with her air manipulation before she hit the metal. "Holy crap!" she exclaimed, before ducking through the bottom of the truck. Dasken's explosion had created a small crater, and the truck had gotten stuck in it. "There's that problem solved, plus probably shelter too if we can fix it up," she said quite matter-of-factly.

Gavin saw a cloud of dust go up by where he knew a road was. "Odilon, what's that?" he asked, completely oblivious to the fact that it was a truck with several people inside it. The two were relatively far from the crash site, so the truck crash wasn't exactly visible.

Kevin appreciated the help as he was quickly uncuffed. He said thanks solemnly as he joined the others. However he was quick to notice how the other seemed to have more energy, but Kevin just felt nervous. Sure, the concept of freedom made him happy, but the future was still a mystery.

However as Dasken came to uncuff Quickdraw, he raised his wrists to reveal that he had already broke his lock freeing himself. The man gave a chuckle, and made his way towards the group/

Kevin watched as the assorted peoples began to jump out of the truck through a hole in the floor. Quickdraw solemnly jumped down, and rolled away from the moving truck. Kevin did it a bit later, before Dasken.

But Kevin clenched his teeth as the truck crashed into the hole made by a girl. But he still stayed silent.

“We should survey the area, before doing anything. We might not be alone.” Quickdraw said firmly, loud enough for everyone to hear. “And there could be a chance we could get ambushed. Or maybe find some kind of resource.” The man’s voice was loud, and proud. Kevin could tell the man knew what he was doing. Even if he was wearing a large cowboy hat.

Gaia was knocked out of the truck and into the crater when the truck stopped,he fell face first into the ground"well,that could have gone better,oh what's your name,you helped out a lot back there so I fell like I should ask"he smiled at Ashley

Odilon ruffled Gavin's hair and focused the aura into his eyes, enabling him to see things from a larger distance. "That's, um, a car wreck." He cleared his throat slightly before motioning for Gavin to wait where he was and harnessed his silver aura before running over to the site of the wreck, reaching it in a matter of seconds, thanks to his energy. Odilon brandished his spear and inched towards the truck. There were people inside as well, so he would have to be a bit more careful.

Dasken noticed Ashley rolling on the ground after falling out through the hole, and noticed a shard of the truck was stuck in her arm. His anxiety went through the roof and, as always, his heat rose with it. He bolted towards her, trying to lower the heat. “A-a-are you okay?” He asked, tripping over his words. He pulled at his hair, walking in anxious circles.

Darcel crawled out from beneath the truck, with the girl still swaddled in his arms. As the two reached the sunlight, he released the girl to run free. He felt off... He got saved by these magical strangers and he didn't know any of their names.

Nora pranked around, and rolled on the emerald green grass. The suns refreshing rays shined upon her, blessing her with the joy she was seeking out.

Ashley winced, realizing there was a piece of metal embedded in her sleeve. "I've been better," she said, reaching to pull it out. A bloodstain began to grow on her sleeve, but she simply pressed the hoodie to it in order to apply pressure and hopefully stop the bleeding. At the very least, it'd keep her from bleeding out. "I'm Ashley," she replied to Gaia, "What's your name?"

Dasken started pacing when he saw the blood. He ran from the group, since he knew what was going to happen. The faster he ran, the hotter the ground around him got. The explosions started when he was a few yards away, and they echoed around them. They weren’t very intense, but they were louder than gunshots. Dasken covered his ears, hiding behind a large rock.

Gaia realized the shard that was in her arm and felt guilty for not helping her"oh,I'm Gaia,do you need any help with your wound and stuff"Gaia was startled as he heard explosions left and right coming from dasken"no offense but if you keep doing that were going to let everyone know where we are"he said annoyed,he looked back at Ashley and sighed"well it's nice to meet you but we have to fix your wound"

Shawn looked back at the wreckage, barely recognizing the events that had just occurred. Shaking his head, he looked around at the individuals. Damn, they were so young. The man didn't feel like speaking yet, so instead, he listened, hoping the group was smart enough to realize the government would be on their asses in not even an hour. The moment they lost an established connection with that vehicle was the moment they get worried. Shawn knew this from personal experience.
Letting out a sigh, the man rubbed the back of his head vigorously, clearly agitated about something he wasn't about to share. First is first. He needed to know how smart these kids are. How adept to survival they can be. They're just kids after all. It won't be as though they're experts. There is bound to be mistakes, so hopefully they can learn from those mistakes. Shawn turned his attention to Odilon, whom, as Shawn had collected, crashed the vehicle, he waited for them to make eye contact, because he recognized the meta as one of the ones Shawn had helped send off before being discovered as a meta himself. Shawn had only been doing his job, but he was curious to see if the meta recognized him or not. And if he did, how would he react?

Odilon turned the corner and saw a man who looked much older than him, and carried a strong atmosphere around him. He put away his spear behind him and shoved his hands in his pockets. "Well, let me formerly introduce you to Meta Haven. Yeah, no, that's not the actually name for this place, assuming there's any." Odilon walked over to the man and held out his hand to shake. "Odilon Evaristo. You are?"