• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Outcasts(Official Reboot)—RP

Xander folded his arms and lowered his head at the questioning of other meta's.
"Yeah...Its been on my my mind, in fact I scan the main road every night I do patrols for any sign of another armored vehicle. So far...nothing, but that doesnt mean there not out there." He responded, his expression plain yet serious.
"Well I can sense anythings movement within a mile, so id be useful on the trek." He added, giving a thumbs up to the idea of going on a meta search and rescue.
"Oh and id like to see you walk on water." he added with his eye arched, only just now registering the shot at him.

--------

Eros stood from his seat and walked over to Ted, grabbing the fellow meta's shoulder.
"If you'd like, I could lower you through the hole ." He offered, the bandages around his arms unraveling on there own, almost like extended limbs.
"I could slow your speed so the impact wouldnt be as great." He added, a small smile on his face.

"I'd like to see you juggle wrecking balls." Shawn fired back with a chuckle before turning away, returning to Nora. "I'll go around a form a party to go out. I'll find you when we're ready." He called back before approaching Nora. "Sorry, but I gotta do some other things right now. I'll teach you to skin fish some other time, alright?" He gave her a smile as he ruffled her hair before continuing on back to the house.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ted turned his head to look at Eros. "That's not exactly reassuring..." He commented, pulling his arms tightly acrossed his chest. "Whatever. I'm not comin' up with anything better. Guess I'll just... you know... do it?" He gulped, his eyebrows creasing. "I could always become a sheet of paper... I think... but I'm not that advanced yet..." Another pause. He positioned himself over the hole. "Wish me luck, I guess..."

"If it's ant consolation, you're not technically jumping out of a moving car. You're just falling through the bottom of one, and moving flat." Julie said, once more throwing in her two sense.

Jason rolled his eyes. "Relax your body. It's not a far fall. Maybe two feet, three feet tops. The second you hit the ground, lay flat and don't move. The truck will pass right over you. Once it passes, roll to the treeline before standing. So you don't get caught in the rear view mirror. And who's next after him. We need to keep a steady pace of escaping so we can stick together."

"As you wish." Eros shrugged as his badges retracted. The younf man then began to tuck his shirt into his pants before glancing back up at the others, his eyebrow cocked.
"We're not coming to a dead stop when we hit so im doing what I cant to prevent a nasty case of road rash on my back, I suggest you all do the same....that is, if you dont have some type of healing or invulnerability." He advised, getting lined up to jump.
"My names Eros by the way, glad to see someone's on there toes." He said looking over to Jason.
"Ive really only got a chance if I stick with these guys for now, hope none of em' turn out to be a problem." He thought to himself, staring at the road quickly passing by through the hole in the floor.

Hiroshi was sitting by one of the sides of the lake. He had been there long enough to have seen Nora and Shawn fishing. He figured that she'd used her powers to catch at least most of her fish. He changed into his dragon form and slid into the water.

"I'll go next." Daniel said. He messed with his goggles a bit. He wanted to get out of the truck as soon as possible. Raven joined the group by the hole. She stood in silence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cody walked over to the hole as he stood by Raven. "H...how could they jumped... it's pretty scary" Cody thought to himself as he looked at the hole. Cody then closed his eyes as he thought about the jump off of the truck, but stopped as he thought about hitting the ground. "This is impossible" Cody said as he sat down on the ground while he took his head in disbelief. "Alright...I think I could do it" Cody told himself as he stood up and fixed his shirt.

"Not until I-" Ted began, but a slight bump in the road made the truck jolt slightly, throwing Ted off balance, before he fell into the hole, making his body go rigid. Perhaps he needed that little push, concluding he probably wouldn't have dropped in on his own accord. But in the shock of falling to the road and beginning to skid, and roll, his body began to rapidly transform into various creatures, objects, and people. Somehow, he missed the wheels of the back car, and came to a stop on the road in the form of a possum. He found it a little funny, thinking he looked like roadkill, but he was alive. Quickly, he scurried on his tiny feet to the three line before transforming back into his human state. "Ow..." He finally muttered to himself.
-------------------------------------------------------
Shawn entered the house, immediately picking Quickdraw out of the others. As usual, he was by himself, eyes distant, fingers twitching. He obviously wanted something to do. "Hey, Quickshot." Shawn called to him as he approached, accidentally getting the meta's name wrong, as usual. "I'm forming a small team to see if we can stop a convoy from transporting metas, and I think we could use you."

"Okay, now, who ever is next, jump. We need to get off like a well oiled machine. Go go go." Jason commanded after Ted disappeared into the hole.
---
"We might not wanna make the escape as bad as last time," Quickdraw said sternly at Shawn's approach, ignoring the mistake with his name. "Last time was a bit chaotic. We should probably make the escape more subtle. That and their guards should be up more after that last encounter with them." He finished his glass of water and set it in the sink. "As for people we wanna take with us, we should take primarily some of the older people. It would be easier on the kids if we didn't drag them along."

Daniel jumped through the hole. He hit the ground, then laid down flat on the ground. Once he was clear of the trucks, he rolled to the side of the highway. Once Daniel was there, he changed into a bat to become smaller. 'I hope no one rolls on top of me.' he thought.

"I've already thought about all of that." Shawn waved his hand dismissively. "We play by my rules this time. No one had to die last time. This time, no one will die." He turned away, now about to search for the last member of this party. Or maybe not. If things went awry, it would be safe to have Darcel with them. Making up his mind, Shawn walked outside, quickly spotting Darcel, and approaching him. "Hey, Darcel." He called.

Darcel anxiously turned his body, shifting his attention towards the man. "Uh.. Hello Shawn." he shakily spoke. The boy has never really had a chance to talk to him before, so he was quite nervous.

Cody approached the hole as his fear began to grow inside of him. "Here I go" Cody told himself as he jumped through the hole. Cody then laid down as the trucks went over him. "Alright" Cody told himself as he rolled over to the side of the highway.

"You heal people, right?" Shawn asked. Already knowing the answer, he continued, not allowing the boy to answer. "I'm organizing a small team to see if we can save any metas from a convoy, back on the interstate. I wanted to know if you'd like ta come along, you havin' the ability to heal and whatnot." He put his hands on his hips, staring Darcel down as he awaited the answer.
------------------------------------------------
"This is getting out of hand." The President of the United States growled to the Attorney General. "Sir, we're trying what we can, but the Broken Ring has a strangle-hold on us from every angle. Our best agents never come back, too..."
"Mr. President." A voice outside of the door called, almost tauntingly. The Commander in Chief froze, staring at the door. "Who is it?" He asked quietly to the National Secretary Adviser, who shook his head. "I'm not sure..." Before any more could be said, the door suddenly flung open, and in strode Blake Phillips, Julian alongside him. "It's not polite to keep a guest waiting." Blake sneered.

"S-sure." Darcel stuttered, it's not like he had anything to do anyways. The boy stood up, quickly examining the tips of his fingers. They weren't pulsating and pure red, so he could tell he had enough energy to heal. "When are we heading out?" he questioned.

"Once I have Monty on board with us." Shawn replied. "I'll come grab you when we're ready to go. Make sure to get ready." With that, Shawn turned around and headed back to where he'd last seen Monty, soon coming up on him. "Monty." He called. "I'm taking a team out to see if we can save some metas. Was gonna ask if you'd like in on it?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"It's the leader of the Broken Ring!" The President cried, pointing dramatically at Blake. Several agents in the room whipped out their guns. "Tsk tsk." Said Blake with a sly smile as the agents suddenly disappeared in a puff of black smoke, and once said smoke had disappeared, the agents fell to the ground, eyes rolled up in the back of their heads. The remaining black smoke that hung in the air materialized into a thin woman, with wispy black hair and glowing white eyes. "Thank you, Amelia." Blake nodded his head to her as he smugly walked up to the President.
Julian's arm shot out, extending from his body, wrapping around each of the men in the room and forcing them to their knees. "Oh, no need to bow, Mr. President, though i appreciate the gesture." Blake said loudly as he walked past the Commander in Chief, grabbing a fancy shot glass on the edge of the table, examining it, before tossing it aside. "I was sure you got the message last time I sent Julian up here. But sadly, that was not so. Instead, you sent your 'best agents' to attempt and assassinate me." He finally looked at the President, now leaning down to his eye level. "That's a big no-no, Mr. P." But before Blake could continue, the President spat in his face, forcing Blake to reel back in mild disgust. He quickly wiped the spit off of him, his smirk turning into a frown. "I don't think you understand the seriousness of the situation. Allow me to demonstrate just how much control I have on the situation at hand." With that, he pulled a Beretta out of a holster on his thigh out, took aim, and fired.
The Vice President fell back, being released by Julian. He was dead, a hole dead center in his forehead. The President looked on in horror, making Blake's lips curl into an evil grin. "There we go. I was hoping you'd understand that message." He leaned back, and tucked the Beretta away. "Back to business. If you cooperate, that is."

Darcel nodded, before heading upstairs to his room. Inside, he practiced his powers a bit, making sure he could use them to the best of his ability during the search.

Nora headed inside as well, but she mainly stayed near the cooler. She repetitively checked on the fish she pridefully caught, making sure they were safe.

Mike hadn't said anything somehow. He looked into the hole, then closed his eyes. He saw the group...meeting with some strange man leading a party of other people. He was there. I guess that means I'll survive this, he thought, and jumped through without so much as a word. He rolled out onto the road and then caught a glimpse of himself dangling over a ledge. Mike scrambled to avoid this, but one cannot avoid the inevitable--only prepare for it. This had been a proven fact time and time again. Mike gripped the edge of the ground. One small slip would send him plummeting down into the trees and likely result in something getting broken. He kicked around, looking for something to get a foothold on, when his foot landed on a branch. It was flimsy and probably wouldn't hold his weight if he tried to stand on it, but he could use it to get up. Mike pulled himself up off of the cliff edge, and upon doing this realized that he had rolled into a spot where the barrier that normally separated the highway from a long drop was broken. "Dammit," he muttered to himself.

Ashley was sitting up in a tree, on a branch that someone without superhuman powers couldn't have possibly reached. This was because of the fact that some animal had apparently decided that they were more important to a nest or something than the actual tree. She sighed in annoyance at a song that was stuck in her head. It was a depressing song from a musical that her friends had gotten her into. Ashley knew that she probably ought to be using her time to do something productive, but had the typical teenager mindset of it can be done later, just give me half an hour and I'll do it afterwards.

Monty wiped the sweat from his brow as he heard Shawn walk up. He set his tools on the anvil and turned to Shawn, listening as the other man greeted his and asked, "I'm taking a team out to see if we can save some metas. Was gonna ask if you'd like in on it?" Monty chuckled and replied, "Hell yeah I'd like in on it." Monty grabbed the bucket of water he kept nearby and doused the forge, putting out the red-hot coals. As steam wafted into the air, Monty turned back to Shawn and said, "I have to grab my things from the cabin, then I'll be ready." With that, Monty left his blacksmithing station and made his way to the cabin, excited to finally be doing something.

Shawn gave a nod and stepped aside as Monty passed. Now, Shown needed to think about what he needed to do to get ready. If they happened upon some wild life, that'd be great. He didn't want to come back empty handed, so bringing his dad's old hunting rifle seemed to be a good idea.
He made his way into the shed to find Nora checking on the fish. He smiled at her before reaching up to a high shelf and pulling down the rifle. He was a little surprised it was still here, but he'd need to check to see if it worked before they begin. So, he got to a fast-paced cleaning session.
---------------------------------------
"Now. You seem to have been growing bolder over the last few weeks. I intend to remind you who's in charge." Blake continued. "You don't need to! You're in charge! Please, just go! You're in charge!" The President cried, his eyes watery. He was on the verge of crying. Blake looked down at him, cocking his head slightly. "I think your lying." He smiled. "I don't like liars. I think they're the scum of the Earth. Do you want to know what I do to liars?"
The President only whimpered in reply, incapable of words now. He was scared shitless.
"I kill a liar. Or I kill someone close to the liar." Blake smirked. At that moment, two masked men came into the room, shoving a woman in before them. "No!" The President shouted, trying to stand to reach his wife, but Julian forced him back down. Blake's grin widened. "Perhaps now you'll finally get the message." With that, he reached down to another holster on his waist, this one carrying a machete, and he unsheathed it, raising it above his head, eyes gleaming with malice as the sharpened machete finally swing down, severing the First Lady's head from her shoulders.
The room fell into a shocked silence from both parties (except Blake, obviously) as the woman's head rolled away from her body, which then collapsed. The President watched on in shocked horror, unable to do a thing. Blake wiped the blood off his machete on the President's shoulder before sheathing it. "That'll be all. Thank you for your time, Mr. President. Oh, and good luck with finding a new Vice President." Blake sneered as he began to walk out of the room, Julian and the masked men following, Amelia hovering close behind. "Until next time." With that, they were gone.

Dasken woke up from his sudden and awkward sleep, back cracking with several other joints as he shifted to get up. He didn’t have the energy or will to stretch much, and was now wide awake. He looked around frantically, remembering Ashley and the events that had happened previously. Without thinking, he yelled out, “ASHLEY!” Far louder than he’d want to.

Ashley heard the sound, and though it was faint, it was recognizable after a few seconds of thinking. She smiled, a blush creeping onto her face. Ashley wondered if she should go see him. Not that she knew where he was at all, but she could theoretically find him by flying...

Dasken pinched his temples for yelling. He wanted to bang his head aginst something. STUPID. Stupid, stupid, stupid! What if someone heard me!? He mentally scolded himself. He took a breath, wishing for a second that Ashley was with him only to push it out of his head. “You’ve hurt enough people already.” He told himself aloud.

Last edited:
A short time later...
Shawn had gathered the others. Xander, Darcel, Quickdraw, and Monty. They had all prepared, and had with them what they deemed necessary. No words of encouragement or preparation were needed to be said, on Shawn's part at least. They were together now. Time to start this mission.
Slinging the hunting rifle over his shoulder, Shawn took the lead, marching into the forest, headed back the way they came, in the hopes of rescuing more metas, with as little casualties as possible this time.
---------------------------------------
Back in his original, human form, Ted began to jog up the road a way, trying to ignore the pain on his back, left angle and right forearm. They all were throbbing painfully after that escape. The trucks had rounded a corner, and disappeared from view as some more metas dropped out of it.
Not noticing whoever had transformed into a Bat, Ted jogged up to the corner, where there was a sharp turn to avoid a cliff edge. He saw another meta climbing, pulling himself up from over the edge. "Whoa! You're not very lucky!" Ted called as he jogged towards Mike. "Wow! That's gotta be at least a thousand feet down!" He whistled in awe as he approached the edge, gazing down it, placing his hands on his hips, before turning to Mike, who still hadn't gotten to his feet. "Name's Ted, as you might have known. Maybe." He introduced, offering his hand.

Mike shrugged. "I guess I just foresaw it. Precognition," he said, pointing to his head. "I'm Mike, by the way." He almost made a wisecrack remark about his cosplay, but decided against it. Kinda sucks that I'll have to wear this probably for the rest of my life, he thought.

Ashley sighed in relief when she saw Dasken. He was by the lake, and Ashley mentally kicked herself for not looking there first. She landed near him and grinned. "You called?" she teased, oblivious to the fact that this was not a good time to be teasing.

Daniel changed back into his normal form. Raven was some distance away, having jumped about three people after him. Daniel noticed that someone had rolled off a cliff, and saw another Meta offering the aforementioned person a hand. "Everyone okay?" he called out.

Soon everyone was out of the truck accept for Jason. Everyone had felt through, whether it the willingly or by force, he was alone. He turned and flipped off the direction of the drivers, before falling into the hole. His body was wrapped in a pale blue energy, keeping his body safe from getting rubbed raw. He hit the dirt and maunivered his body clear of the tires, as the passed over him. And as the last truck drove over him, he rolled to the left, avoiding being seen.

He stood up once they had made the turn and left, and jogged over to help various people along the way, who were getting up.

“Okay, what’s the plan? How are we gonna kidnap a bunch of super humans from a moving military convoy without being noticed.” Quickdraw asked after a while of walking. He held tight his assault rifle, and he had a pistol, shotgun, and knife on his person. If someone saw him he looked like he was headed into war.

Xander sighed at Quickdraw's question. "Well, judging how easy it was for us to escape I can only assume security has increased, not to me-" Xander stopped short, his head shooting around for a brief moment. "I hear something." He muttered, looking ahead down the main road. "Keep your eyes peeled." He added, trailing off to the side of the road where he got low while continuing forward.

-----

Eros jumped to his feet, quickly brushing the dust off his uninjured body and taking a look around the area. "Yup, just as I thought.....we're lost." He said plainly, scratching the back of his head. "Guys! We should probably get off the main road in case they notice there 'cargo' is gone!" He shouted to the rest of the group, jumping into the ditch off the side of the road to keep hidden.

"Sounds good." Daniel said. He jumped into the ditch. Raven soon followed suit. She closed her eyes, then opened them. 'What's to become of us?' Raven thought.

Cody looked as he saw Eros, Daniel, and Raven jump into a ditch. "This feels weird" Cody thought to himself as he jumped into the ditch, but he made sure that he didn't fall on anyone. Cody closed his eyes as he thought about disappearing...the thought of it had cause a effect on him.

Dasken whipped around, a wave of heat tracing the motion of his hands and evaporating the water in the lake where it hit. “I, uh... My bad...” he stuttered, ignoring the searing steam at his back. He looked down. “Um...” He took a deep breath.
“About back there...”

Shawn froze, narrowing his eyes, inclining his ears to pick up what Xander had heard (though he'd probably felt it). After a second, a distant voice faintly called to someone. It wasn't a yell, but rather relaxed in tone. They were close. "Heads down. Split up. We don't who they are, so until we're certain they're harmless, stay in the shadows. Darcel, stick to Quickdraw." Shawn ordered, getting Quickdraw's name right for once. With that, he silently stalked off ahead of them, making sure to barely make a sound.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Hidden in the treeline, the group of escaped metas found themselves out of sight of the highway. Ted looked about at each face here. Age fluctuated, but they all mostly seemed relatively close in age. "Okay. We're hidden... now what?" Ted asked, biting his lip, glancing back to the direction of the road.
----------------------------------------------------------
"The Russian assassin..."
"Eliminated."
"The rebelling Broken Ring members..."
"Gone."
"The White House..."
"Handled."
"The Outcasts..."
"...That's still on the list?" Blake asked, swiveling around in his chair to face a surly, hunched over man reading off of the Broken Ring 'to-do' list in his nasally voice. The man's name was Brooker, and his ability also caused him a harsh physical disfigurement, giving him slimy-lookng, pale green, rashy skin covered in mysterious lumps, making his skin appear reptilian. His long, oily hair fell irregularly over his eyes, and his bulbous eyes were red and yellow, with tiny pupils in the center. "Yes, sir..." Brooker replied, his voice harsh and raspy. "Hm. Alright, I suppose we can deal with them. Julian." Blake called to his right hand man, who stepped forward from beside the entryway. "Yes, sir?"
"Organize a team. Meet these 'Outcasts', learn what you can, and then we'll decide if they're worth our time."

Darcel nodded, and followed close behind Quickdraw. The blood rippled in his fingertips as the boy pressed his hands together, concentrating. He could feel a cluster of hearts beating quickly nearby, fluctuating in different ABO types. They were humans.

Nora anxiously checked on the fish over and over again. She acted like they were her pets, even though she knew what was gonna soon happen. She'd dip her finger into the water occasionally, making them happy every time they got frightened.

Quickdraw's eyes surveyed the road, as he saw trucks pass, making dust cloud up behind them. It was a military convoy, so that meant this had to be the one the Metas were being held in. However he watched as they passed over a dark haired boy, who had appeared out of know where, from between their tires. The boy rolled quickly into a ditch, and soon the trucks were out of sight.

Those bastards had done their job for them. Quickdraw felt a smile curl up, underneath his bandana. He then turned around to go tap Darcel's shoulder. "Go tell Shawn, I found them. And that they are loose and free."

Before Jason had fallen out of the truck, a blonde-haired teen had fallen out of the truck and also rolled into the ditch. Thankfully, Jason had offered the teen help and allowed him to escape along with everyone else.

Once Matt was in the ditch, he had accepted Jason's hand and pulled himself up on his feet, "Thank you." Matt simply said to the other meta before brushing some of the dirt off of his clothing. Everything to Matt before this was a blur, but now, they were free. They were still in a sense fugitives but free.

Darcel obeyed his order, making his way towards Shawn. After living in the same house for weeks with him, his blood was easy to sense/track. He luckily found him quick enough, and began to gesture for the man to follow him. "Quickdraw has located them, follow me." he smiled happily, pressing his hand onto the ground.

Shawn gave Darcel a nod, and began to follow him, still with his rifle at the ready, as he was unaware the Outcasts were already free. They'd been located fast enough. Rescuing them might prove to be a challenge, and a risk, but that was a risk Shawn was willing to take.

Monty stayed low in the undergrowth, a hand on the hilt of his sword. It was the first he had forged, and he had been trying to rid himself of the dependency on his M14. He did, of course bring the rifle. It was strapped to his back, along with a bag full hat looked similar to a civilian gym bag. It has some purified water inside, as well as the last of Monty’s medical supplies. If these new Metas were in any similar shape as the first group, then they’d need some help.

Monty went ahead of the group, coming up on the edge of the treeline quickly. The man could see that there was some activity near where he was. Broken branches and crushed plants littered the area, and he heard voices coming from past the treeline.