• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

On which country do you live?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been wondering on which country do the people of pokecharms live, I don`t know why.
Also I would like to talk to someone who lives in Asia, it would be interesting...

Let's see if you can guess on which country do I live, here some stuff about my country:
1) it is located in South America
2)It's a tropical country
3) It has political problems
4)I don't think it's a country you hear commonly....

thats all try to guess it and you win the satisfaction of knowing you guessed where someone lives XD

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I'd hazard a guess it's Venezuela. First thing that comes to mind when I think "South America" and "Political Problems". XP

Also last time I checked you lived IN countries, not ON countries. Though the imagery is terribly amusing.

I hail from the shadowy realms of Israel. To the best of my knowledge I am the only active Israeli person on 'Charms. xD

B

burp23

I guess I'm the third bird... South Carolina is the state cursed with my presence :p

Keroooooo c:

So most people here know that I'm British. Some people don't know that I'm Scottish, but hey, I am :'D
No, that does not mean that I must have red hair. I do not wear a kilt all the time. Nor do my people have secksytimes with sheep (who even invented that myth?).

... but anyway, yeah.

Ever since Northern Light Suicune has magically vanished, I'm the only resident Dutchie on this site, aka, I'm from the Netherlands. And no, we do not wear wooden clogs all the time (I keep tripping in those things >> ) nor do we all live in windmills or farms.

But we are good at making cheese. That's true.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Rayn_Shyu said:
...We had a thread like this once upon a time, but I doubt it's still up.

It's probably so long gone now that there's no hurt starting a brand new one. :)

Anyway, I'm from Canada and currently live on Prince Edward Island, but I was born in Ontario. It wouldn't surprise me if we've never had another member from PEI on the forums before. It's kind of a speck on the world map. ;)

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Tunolipede said:
Nor do my people have secksytimes with sheep (who even invented that myth?)
In my neck of the woods, that myth is more commonly attributed to the Welsh.

Anyway I'm English, although the opposite end of the country to all the other English here :p

Teapot said:
Tunolipede said:
Nor do my people have secksytimes with sheep (who even invented that myth?)
In my neck of the woods, that myth is more commonly attributed to the Welsh.

Anyway I'm English, although the opposite end of the country to all the other English here :p

Aye, what he said. Oxford here~

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Um... well, I live in the US. If you want to be precise, I'm in that huuuuuuge state down south with the awesome housing prices and the awesome tornadoes and the awesome Metroplex of DFW and the awesome place that got washed up from the Galveston hurricane way back when. Yep, I'm in Texas, and have lived here since I was, what, 4, almost 5?

Though I do wonder what it's like to live in other countries... XD

Lithuanian Pokemon Fan here! :D
Sooo yeah. As far as I know, I'm the only Lithuanian that is registered here, because I'm fairly certain that there are more Pokefans around here who also suffer from utter lack of Pokemon games...

I'm from Ireland. Yes, I have an amusing accent, no I do not cohort with leprechauns. (I'd like to though c:)

I wonder what is like to live in other countries... What can american people tell :D I'm curious, and I will also like to know about Israel and Lithuania it sounds interesting hehe... for the people living normally it's like well another day, but if you think, it is wonderful like not everybody knows your language or writes in the alphabet you know... I would like to know like about those things you know, because you may think it's boring going to the same places everyday, but it's not, so please tell me :3

Last edited by a moderator:
I tell all you Americans to shut up. You do not live somewhere boring. I do. Arkansas, USA, the LITERAL place of nothing. Just ask Sem or Zacky. Arkansans, and this is TRUE, our idea of fun is going to other states/countries. I'm serious. There really is nothing to do here and nowhere to go. We're the only state without a tourist industry. The diamond mine slowed down years ago, and we barely even go XD

dafg said:
I wonder what is like to live in other countries... What can american people tell :D I'm curious, and I will also like to know about Israel and Lithuania it sounds interesting hehe... for the people living normally it's like well another day, but if you think, it is wonderful like not everybody knows your language or writes in the alphabet you know... I would like to know like about those things you know, because you may think it's boring going to the same places everyday, but it's not, so please tell me :3

Well, I hail from the hills of southern USA. Aka, Mississippi. If you come from other places, then you'd think this place is very pretty, and with all the hoe-downs and hoodinannies (aka crazy people on ATV's and dirt bikes) they'd think it's exciting. Well, lemme tell you this: It's rather boring (I don't care what Sho says, my neck of the woods isn't too great either). We're pretty open when it comes to racial sterotypes as well, unfortunately, which also reflects on the people like me, who believe in equality of all races. However, this doesn't mean we're just divided, we get along, but don't be surprised if you hear a "cracker" joke or anything reguarding "chocolate". I guess the people here just embrace those stereo types.

Most people here are hard working, which means it's rather hard to find a job here, and most people here are also rednecks, white trash, blue collar, hillbillies, hicks, you name it. If it has a squealin' pig, a truck with 5 lift kits, or a dirt bike in a pond, we have it, and more than likely shot at it. Basically it's rare to find someone like me who likes games and not sports, but we do have them. However for people like me, it's like I'm stuck in a loony bin with monkeys and squirrels hyped up on cocain and sugar, and a guy chasing them with a shot gun.

I guess I'm just saying I'd like to live somewhere thats more to MY liking and not to these people's likings. Seriously, for me, the most interesting thing to hear about is about what random vehicle "kerploded into the sky!!!". I'd like to go to other states, but we can't, as explained, due to lack of money.

Hope that's descriptive enough for you. Of course, I'm just speaking for my state, not my country.

C-c-combo breaker!

I'm do not come from America (but I think I have some very distant relatives there). I'm from the true cold north, Sweden. If you think that parts of Amercia is boring, you probably haven't been to Sweden.

I can't believe we don't have an active topic like this already!

Anyway, I hail from the southern United States--the state of Georgia to be exact. It's hard for me to describe my home because it's the only place I truly know. Despite all of the issues the country has, I love it. I can't say it's boring because there is plenty of stuff to do here if you put your mind to it. I feel safe here, so I'm grateful for that because many people around the world can't say the same. Currently my state is baking and it isn't even technically summer xD.

I do want to travel around the world, but first I want to travel around the US xD

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Secad said:
I live in the American Midwest. It's not very special, but at least that region of the US has Chicago.

Chicago, Fudge yeah! >=O

Yes, I'm an American and I live in Chicago (at least during the school year, I'm originally from the suburbs of Chicago~). My home town is pretty boring seeing as it was voted the best place to raise kids in America last year, but being in the city is pretty freaking awesome. :'D

The folks you meet on the trains and buses are so damn colorful. :3 So are the occasional bums you meet in the alleys around my school. Or the people you run into when you get lost going for a walk at 2 AM during finals week... >>

So yeah, Chicago...woot!

I live in the South West of England (Dorset, to be precise) although I lived in London up until I was 2 and a half. The town I live in is quite nice - it has a tiny population, but it is by the sea, has a 3D cinema and has a few annual events, so it isn't totally quiet I guess.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
I'm another Canadian, but I am from the complete opposite side as Katie. My home is British Columbia, right near Vancouver in fact. It's a beautiful place here, with lots of lovely scenery.

My life is pretty boring most days, but I happen to live near a mall so there are a lot of times when I go through there for entertainment. I also have a few friends that I see on a weekly basis that all play games together and generally hang out and have fun. Right now we're running two different Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 games.

I also live near a transportation hub, where I get to travel by skytrain or bus to different areas of note. Mostly my partner and I go to different malls that have stores our mall doesn't.

Other than that we spend most of our time on our computers... when he isn't at work, at least. Sometimes we also visit friends during the week if we get really bored.

If you think usa is boring better come to Venezuela, the only great city is the one in which I live, its capital Caracas, even though it's still boring and dangerous, I mean you can't even go out yourself until you are like 16 years old because is so dangerous, there are like 10 deaths every weekend (seriously). The best thing is that you find malls very very close one to another so you can go to anyone you want. It's also bad that you can't find anything good at the supermarkets and stuff and all is going scarce I mean everything like milk, sugar, cooking oil, etc... The best thing is that gasoline costs the equivalent of 0,5 us dollars getting the car full. Yea thats how it is to live here...

Just read your post about the murder thingy. For your information, where I live there have been 10 murders since 2000. There truly is a difference. But I must ask you, is Venezuela considered poor or extremly poor?

Depending.... It is for now like between, because even for wealthy families it is very hard to live here... imagine a ds game costing 350 us dollars... I think since 2008 is more to extremely poor, even though I am thanks God a family that lives good. By the way is you want to know how poor is venezuela imagine that 5 million people live in houses constructed by themselves.... Only in Caracas, the other like 10 thousand people have a little money, and like approximately 2000 people are considered wealthy, just in its capital, it's like you take 100 people and 5 stand up those 5 live good.

Oh, so it's a huge gap between wealthy and poor. And with the "houses constructed by themselves"-part, do you mean like favelas?

I live in Texas. And no we don't ride horses to work, unless we have our ten gallon hats! jk were just like the rest of the U.S.

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
I see it as the place where Caracas is, thanks to Spanish class cramming the capitals of the countries down our throats. I can still hear the teacher now..."Caracas Venezuela, Caracas Venezuela," Ugh...

Anyways, I'm from the U.S, in the bland old state of Ohio. Whatever, at least I live in an Irish obsessed city to keep things a little more lively

I hail from The United states... In the, as we call it, ethnic cauldron of the country, Florida... Well, south Florida anyways... I live in the Broward County/Dade County Area... That's lively enough, with all of the gangs, cops, bad neighborhoods, good neighborhoods, all within a few miles of eachother.... We have people from all over the place here, British, Irish, Puerto Ricans, Mexicans, Cubans, Haitians, Greeks, Dutch, French people, Scotts, Viets, Filipinoes... You name it, then we probably have it... I like it, I have friends that speak all types of different langauges and go all over the world on their vacations (they usually bring me something nice :p)... It's an okay place, but the economy sucks(pretty much like the rest of the country), the cops are all jackasses (chasing me down the street for no reason <It's because I'm Puerto Rican, RACIAL PROFILING >=O> -.-"), and the educators are way too underpaid (have you seen how bad some of the kids are down here?!)... So yeah... This place is epic in some ways, but pretty suckish in others.... T~T I feel so conflicted talking about it...

Status
Not open for further replies.