1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New smileys!

Discussion in 'Questions and Site Feedback' started by baratron, Dec 3, 2004.

1. baratron

baratron Moderator of Elder Scrolls
    Staff Member Moderator

I was bored :p

no, not really... but that tongue smiley was getting to me, so I decided to try to fix it. My tongue results are pretty awful - basically there aren't enough pixels to draw a mouth AND a tongue unless you do something like try to poke the tongue out of the corner of the mouth (and I'm too bad at art to make that work...) - but I think my new "surprised" one is much better than the existing one :D. The others are suitably bizarre.

[​IMG]

Feel free to nab any & use them as you see fit...

2. Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

Wahey, go Baratron and your new smilies. I do like the vampire one because it resembles my brother, and the spacehopper one which resembles a rabbit.

I think I'll repeatedly poke Gary until he uses them. *Pokes Gary repeatedly*

3. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza
    Staff Member Administrator

I think the problem right now is getting the right smilie hack. I tried to add more myself and had no idea what to do ^^;

4. baratron

baratron Moderator of Elder Scrolls
    Staff Member Moderator

Yoshi: Heh, the spacehopper smiley was originally SUPPOSED to be a rabbit. The vampire came from my original edit of the tongue smiley - I got halfway through it and realised it had turned into a pair of fangs with blood oozing out rather than a tongue sticking out of a mouth :twisted:. Then having made the vampire I thought there was a shocking overabundance of evil smileys and wanted to make a fluffy pink bunny wabbit instead, but my extreme lack of artistic ability prevented that from happening, and I ended up with a yellow mutant smiley.

Actually, to be a proper spacehopper it would need to be orange and have a toothy grin. Maybe I'll do that later.

Raichu: I know nothing about web forums beyond basic BBcode, but Richard (aka The One I Live With) administers a couple of boards. He actually said last night that they'd changed the smilies on their board from the default ones, so I'll just have to prod him to ask how - and then get him to type in the instructions, which is always the difficult bit. He has a habit of telling me how to do something in such a long rambly way that it doesn't help at all for actually doing it ;).

5. Doctor Oak

Staff Member Overlord

Ahem...

:p

And in the words of Bob and George:

"Now shut the fuck up about it!"

^^

6. :p God bless you, Santa Oak! Only one problem--it has a blue aura around it. :p

7. Doctor Oak

Staff Member Overlord

'fixed'.

There was nothing wrong with the smilie, just IE being gay towards PNGs. Everyone should get Firefox NOW.

8. w00t! Three cheers for Gary!!! :D :D :D