• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New smileys!

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
I was bored :p

no, not really... but that tongue smiley was getting to me, so I decided to try to fix it. My tongue results are pretty awful - basically there aren't enough pixels to draw a mouth AND a tongue unless you do something like try to poke the tongue out of the corner of the mouth (and I'm too bad at art to make that work...) - but I think my new "surprised" one is much better than the existing one :D. The others are suitably bizarre.

smileys3.png

Feel free to nab any & use them as you see fit...

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Wahey, go Baratron and your new smilies. I do like the vampire one because it resembles my brother, and the spacehopper one which resembles a rabbit.

I think I'll repeatedly poke Gary until he uses them. *Pokes Gary repeatedly*

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I think the problem right now is getting the right smilie hack. I tried to add more myself and had no idea what to do ^^;

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Yoshi: Heh, the spacehopper smiley was originally SUPPOSED to be a rabbit. The vampire came from my original edit of the tongue smiley - I got halfway through it and realised it had turned into a pair of fangs with blood oozing out rather than a tongue sticking out of a mouth :twisted:. Then having made the vampire I thought there was a shocking overabundance of evil smileys and wanted to make a fluffy pink bunny wabbit instead, but my extreme lack of artistic ability prevented that from happening, and I ended up with a yellow mutant smiley.

Actually, to be a proper spacehopper it would need to be orange and have a toothy grin. Maybe I'll do that later.

Raichu: I know nothing about web forums beyond basic BBcode, but Richard (aka The One I Live With) administers a couple of boards. He actually said last night that they'd changed the smilies on their board from the default ones, so I'll just have to prod him to ask how - and then get him to type in the instructions, which is always the difficult bit. He has a habit of telling me how to do something in such a long rambly way that it doesn't help at all for actually doing it ;).