• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New Pokémon X & Y Trailer - Fairy Type And New Pokémon Confi

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Noivern_zps41b26769.png
Vivilion_zps44ea9eba.png

As many gamers will know, today marked a big day for Nintendo as they streamed their Wii U focused E3 Nintendo Direct, however before diving into Wii U stuff Nintendo were kind enough to show us a brand new trailer for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y and reveal some brand new details about the games, including introducing us to two new Pokémon, an exciting new feature, and a brand new type.

So, to start off we were shown a brand new trailer for the games which you can find right here. The trailer introduced us to two new Pokémon, the first of which is Noivern, who is a Flying and Dragon type Pokémon, has a love of fruit, and knows a new move called Boomburst which deals damage to all nearby Pokémon. The second of the newly revealed Pokémon is Vivillon who is a Bug and Flying type Pokémon.

One of the biggest announcements to be made however was the announcement of a new type, the Fairy Type. So far it has been revealed that Sylveon will be a Fairy Type, as well as Jigglypuff, Marill and Gardevoir who're all duel-typed so as to keep their original type as well as the new Fairy Type. Sylveon is also confirmed to know a new Fairy type move called Moonblast which is a powerful attack that can also lower the targets Attack stat.

pokemon-amie_pok___r__cr___pok__monami_screenshot_1.jpg

Lastly, but by no means least, a brand new feature has been confirmed for the games called Pokémon-Amie which sees players being able to interact with the Pokémon in their party and feed, pet, and play with them in order to make the bonds and friendship between you grow!

The games have also had their release date confirmed, they'll be released worldwide on the 12th of October.

Don't forget that we still have the Pokémon X and Pokémon Y round table tonight which the official Pokémon Twitter account will be Tweeting from, so we may have even more news to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: New Pokémon X & Y Trailer - Fairy Type And New Pokémon C

I must say, when so many people were saying that there absolutely wouldn't be a new type, it feels good for this to happen. Also, like Masuda had implied, you can bond with your Pokémon to help you in battles.

That bat Pokémon looks so damn awesome. It's also the first dual-typed Pokémon with Flying as its primary type.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four

Of the two new Pokemon, Noivern is my favorite. I am totally adding that to my final party. ♥

I'm hoping those aren't the only old Pokemon to be reclassified as Fairy-type. After all, CleFAIRY should be an obvious choice. I'm loving Pokemon Amie since raising happiness can be such a pain sometimes. I wonder if it will work in tandem with the Sooth Bell.

Oh man, wasn't expecting all this right when I woke up. I'm glad Fairy type was rumored beforehand so I had time to get used to the idea. I didn't want it at first but now I'm really happy for a new type.

I love the animation when you send your Pokemon out! They glow white for a second like in the anime.

These new Pokemon aren't my favorite, but Vivillon is pretty cute and I like the patterns on its wings.

So the Fairy Type is confirmed. I kind of have mixed feelings about this. On one hand I'm pretty psyched that we get a new type. But on the other, Fairies aren't all that appealing to me. Whatever, I'm sure I'll get used to it.

The new pokemon are pretty cool, too. I like both designs to them. It seems like Vivilion is going to be the butterfree of Kalos.

Either way, this is some pretty exciting news.

Re: New Pokémon X & Y Trailer - Fairy Type and New Pokémon

Fairy Type is real?! @.@

Glad we finally know for sure what type Sylveon is, and i'm interested to see what they will do with this new type. It's strong against Dragon, and so far its moves include Moonblast and Fairy Wind. I'm still skeptical, but I'm willing to give this new type a try.

As for the two new Pokemon, Noivern and Vervillion, I like them both(And I've noted that one had a Sound-based design and the other had a Light-based design, Auditory vs. Visual, Sound vs. Light. Maybe they won't be new types, but perhaps Sound and Light have something to do with Gen VI?), so I'll definitely try and add them both to my team, see how they do.

As for the Pokemon-Amie, I haven't had too much trouble with Friendliness in recent years, but this new feature intrigues me. How much I'll use it remains to be seen.

NOIVERN COME TO DADDY! I'm sorry you had to read that, I really like this pokemon. I do wish that they didn't give it and Vivillon the blah half flying type, Noivern could have passed for a Psychic type or Dark, possibly Fairy, and Vivillon definitely could've been Fairy.

As far as the new type, OMG I'M SO EXCITED EEEE sorry again. I really like that they made Fairies super effective against Dragons, it definitely evens the playing field more, and I'm especially glad that they made Pokemon like Gardevoir half Fairy type. All in all, people can complain about a new type if they want, but I think that, if Smash was correct about what types it could be weak and super effective against, it could add more balance to the game; plus there's always the added excitement of learning its strengths and weaknesses~

And Pokemon Amie also sounds cool. I wouldn't take it to mean anything special, but when they showed Lucario in the trailer, I think they definitely were hinting that this function was to help Pokemon that evolve by friendship evolve MUCH quicker. Though I'm probably wrong :p Still though, lovely feature~ I wonder just how deep it can go, like can you teach the Pokemon a trick? I really want to teach an Arcanine how to roll over~

Doubled said:
As far as the new type, OMG I'M SO EXCITED EEEE sorry again. I really like that they made Fairies super effective against Dragons, it definitely evens the playing field more, and I'm especially glad that they made Pokemon like Gardevoir half Fairy type. All in all, people can complain about a new type if they want, but I think that, if Smash was correct about what types it could be weak and super effective against, it could add more balance to the game; plus there's always the added excitement of learning its strengths and weaknesses~

Yes, the addition of the Fairy type probably did come around as a result of a need for more balance. I would not be surprised if, for example, Fairy Type was weak to Poison Types, as Poison has had the disadvantage of being super effective against 1 Type for so long, so that would even up the playing field a little bit.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member

Fairy Type is real? :O

No, I can't manage any more comment right now. Ask me next week ;).