• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New Pokémon Magiana Revealed

How aren't we sure this is some 6 gen event pokemon they managed to keep secret until now? I know there's no data about Magiana in X/Y and ORAS but maybe it's Z exclusive?

image.gif
It looks... Ugh. I have no words.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
How aren't we sure this is some 6 gen event pokemon they managed to keep secret until now? I know there's no data about Magiana in X/Y and ORAS but maybe it's Z exclusive?
It's very possible! Given that ORAS had Mega Evolutions that weren't in XY, there's no real reason why Magiana can't be #722 and just exclusive to Z. There's also theoretically the ability to patch new Pokémon into XY and ORAS, but they've never done it before, so they probably won't do it now.

I could easily see us changing that "7th Generation" category to the "Pokémon Z" once we learn more about Magiana's relationship with the games. :)

Last edited:
Honestly, the only thing that worries me here is Magiana's name. I know it was handmade by humans, but its name is just too human-y [XD]. It worries me that Nintendo/the Pokemon Company might be running out of ideas, especially when I stated in an earlier post that it really just looks like a bunch of Pokemon got fused together and a Pokeball was used as its body.
I feel so bad for Magiana, everybody's just hitting it with hate XD

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
@~Pokelover~ Worth noting: Magiana is its Japanese name. Game Freak don't usually change the name of legendary Pokémon when localising them, but the possibility is there.

268807_corocoro3164.jpg

*Gasp* Just a sec!! Look at the picture close up and tell me what you see under Volcanion's tail!! If that building has nothing to do with the movie I will DIE XD
EDIT: this also looks like a double battle/two battles with Ash-Greninja and Mega Gardevior vs Mega Alakazam and Mega Gengar

Last edited by a moderator:

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Thanks for correcting me @Rex. I was well aware that Zoroark was revealed prior to the US getting HGSS, but I was going by Japanese release. I didn't know that Ho-oh and Munchlax were revealed prior to the completion of Gens I and III respectively so thanks for pointing that out.

Wild guess/theory here... It was created 500 years ago? Maybe it was created by humans to catch other Pokemon- sort of an automated Pokemon catcher. It would explain the Pokeball-esque appearance. (or perhaps it was a precursor to the modern Pokeball?) We don't know it's general demeanor yet, but maybe it's a Mewtwo case where it hates humanity for what they did to it or for creating it.
So from this, we can confirm that Volcanion and Magiana might be related in the history or lore somehow.
I don't know much about Volcanion, but perhaps they're in the same boat? (being created for functions in human society)

Again, just a wild theory. I like to let my mind run with things like this.