• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New Pok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the blue skiy blog the other day revealed a picture of other pokémon forms.

forms.jpg

Oh and I have no idea why the topic header is now just "new pok" or what briefly happened to my first post.

Last edited by a moderator:
The blue one is a TV with horns crashing through the Golden Gate Bridge, the green one is a truck with a lightning bolt on the bottom and a satellite the red one is a Chingling with punching gloves on and the purple one looks like a boxy Rotom.

EDIT: But here're my real guesses: Blue one could maybe be a new Yanmega... The things coming off it just remind me of Yanma wings.

The orange one could be a new Abomasnow thing or something. To me it looks like an upsidedown snowman.

I still think the purple one is a boxy Rotom.

And maybe the red one is a Krabby or something.

I got a Rotom feeling from all of them too. But I see a kind of mutated Wynaut thing in the blue one and a Baltoy thingo in the orange one. Green and red are weird, red could be a Krabby baby or something. Purple = Rotom off-shoot for sure.

The orange form looks a lot like it could be registeel, which would make sense as regigigas has a new form. I think I'd be quite interested in new regi forms, just because I always thought they were far too bulky, and it looks a lot more scaled down.

What confuses me about the red, purple and blue shadows is they all have a point on the top of their head. Either its a radical redesign for an evolution chain and they're trying to throw us off with parts we're familiar with aka krabby's claws on the red one, the purple one's appendages looking a lot like pikachu's tail.... Maybe im just skeptical

I'd definately say the green has a magnezone vibe to it, in which case I'm tres interested in how thats going to go.

These silhouettes all resemble household appliances if you ask me. Some of them with their lightning bolt-shaped appendages and pointy tops make me think Rotom will be getting some more forms, though for what purpose I'm not entirely sure. Perhaps Rotom's form varies depending on the household item it possesses? We've found one in a TV, but there are quite a few other electronics in the game. Maybe different Rotoms appear in certain props all over Sinnoh.

We should also ask ourselves on what grounds would the game designers make new forms of Pokemon for. But then, it could all just be to make the gimmick Pokemon even more gimmicky.

I'm thinking Wobbuffet for blue....

Baltoy or Claydol for orange...

Green may be related to Tauros somehow, it looks oddly like a tractor....

Purple....Boxy Rotom...

Red might be a Krabby like Rayn Said.

Or, they could all be Rotom related, which the definately feel. Or, what if based on what type of attack a Castform gets hit by, it changes into one of those?

Nemesis

Former Administrator
I too think they are forms of Rotom when it posses different appliances.

Also, there isn't any confirmation of a new Rigigigas form. It was assumed the "Another Form" would be for Rigigigas but that is in fact the normal form of Giritina, if I am not mistaken.

Also, there isn't any confirmation of a new Rigigigas form. It was assumed the "Another Form" would be for Rigigigas but that is in fact the normal form of Giritina, if I am not mistaken.
Never heard that before... but it does make sense... kinda.

If they are Rotom ala other appliances, the red one kind of looks like a toaster. And maybe orange could be some sort of blender.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Actually, Nem, originally, they thought that Sky Forme would be for Regigigas, and Shaymin had an Ice Forme. Just to clear that up.

As for the sillhouettes? Totally Formes of Rotom. One wonders what their point will be - but I like Rotom, so this could be interesting.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Green may be related to Tauros somehow, it looks oddly like a tractor....

Because Tauros is totally a tractor.

Edit:
Who's idea was it to make the sarcasm colour completely unreadable on this forum?

Edit 2:
Did no one else notice the GAPING BLACK WHOLE at the Spear Pillar? What's that about?

I'm definitely getting the steel/electric vibe coming from them. That purple looks like it has Pikachu tails for arms. I have to agree with RX though, they do look like household appliances. I would like for those to be completely new and different Pokemon but I know that isn't happening, so they probably are Rotom related. Now if they ARE in Torn World, that would make me look forward to Platinum even more.

Because Tauros is totally a tractor.

Did no one else notice the GAPING BLACK WHOLE at the Spear Pillar? What's that about?

Well, when I first saw Probopass, I thought it was a Street Cleaner.

I just realized there's one other Pokemon who stands to have several formes to it.

ArtPorygonZ.png

While I still firmly support my Rotom-appliance theory, a Porygon-z changing its form in accordance to conversion is also quite possible.

also the gaping black 'whole' probably just means that the door to the torn world's door is in Spear Pillar. Either that or its simply that hole Giatina pops out of when it confronts Cyrus.

"Because Tauros is totally a tractor."

Why the cruelty to Newbies?
And I guess I didn't explain enough, I was thinking Tauros=Farms=Tractors....

But, I'm agreeing with most people, here, they'll probably just be Rotom forms.

As for the GAPING BLACK HOLE I think that might just be there as a backround, just to clearly state it's Platinum. If it had more signifigance, it would more then likely be a closer shot of it, perhaps even showing the inside of the Torn World

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
For one because they don't seem to read the -eff!-ing rules. Your signature has been edited due to excessive size. Consider this a warning.

Second... A high-quality scan of the sillhouette page recently appeared on filb.de and translated by the fine folks at http://www.pokemonplatinum.net/ :

Red header (literal translation):

I see Bronzong as the 4th one, and yet how would it have another form.
The Rotom thing could work, although it seems a little... idk.
It would increase his valley-low populatiry right now.

Update on this situation:

The purple silhouette is revealed to be Rotom (they all are formes btw) shaped like a fridge. It is known as Frost Forme and apparently knows Ice attacks.

For an update to aReXs' post, I have found out a small bit of extra information about the other forms I found when web-surfing

The green silhouette (which for I while I thought was a camera) is actually a lawnmower that knows grass moves
The orange one that resembles baltoy is a sort of fan, there was less information on that so far, but I hope to get some more information by the end of the week.
The blue one, is now a washing machine. Coverage is the same story as the fan one.

This means that the only form that has yet to be identified would be the one that was described by Virgil as 'a chingling with boxing gloves'. Although I bet it's a toaster.

My guess is that it'll probably be a Fire type if it is indeed a toaster.

We can ascertain that the washing machine knows water attacks, the fan knows Flying attacks and the lawnmower might knows steel or grass type attacks.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
All the Rotom formes have been revealed and you can see them here:

http://www.pokecharms.com/games/DS/platinum/?link=Formes

I'm locking this topic and all further discussion on the matter can be carried out here:

http://www.pokecharms.com/forums/index.php?topic=4832.msg71607#new

Status
Not open for further replies.