• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Naruto: Shinobi’s Dawn (Discussion)

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate.

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here...

— Dante's Inferno

The Second Section of the Chūnin Exams Begins!

To rehash what Anko said in my post, there are indeed a limited number of spaces. We do have something in mind for the people who 'fail' this section of the exam though, but they have to reach the central tower within the allotted time period (5 days). Any questions can be directed to myself or Zander.

@Godjacob
@ThAtGuY101
@DarkHydraT
@Mango137
@Grand Master Koop
@Nukas
@Schrift
@sSoul
@=Nightshade=
@Mystic Zander
@kyuukestu
@NDB
@Gamingfan
@Retro Master

Okay so I've not posted in a stupidly long time and that's mainly cause I procrastinated and got lost, so what's going on so far? And how does the second exam work?

Before we get into that- I’m gonna need to know if this is gonna continue.
People dropping off the grid for a long time due to procrastination, lack of enthusiasm, writers block, etc- are typically the people that drop repeatedly.
Can I actually count on you to be active and read up on the rp yourself?
I’m already concerned as several of the last few posts in the discussion have been the logistics of the next exam. Meaning you haven’t read up at all.

If it's a summon that exists in canon then it will probably need to go through the normal means. Which means you'd need to get into contact with the summons OR a person that has access to tthe summon. Once you've signed a scroll you can detail your summon. I'm thinking something like a smaller character sheet that details their abilities, whether they can utilize ninjutsu, how their abilities work etc.

What say you @Mystic Zander

====Example====
Name: Furīsu

Race: Kitsune
Nature: Fire release | Yin Release

Bios:
Furīsu is a small Nine-tailed Fox and the primary summon of Hinagiku Hyūga. She has a silver-white cloak and can often be seen riding along inside Hinagiku’s clothing when summoned. She secretes a scented and flammable oil in her fur which she ignites with her chakra to produce flames. This allows flames that are a combination of Fire and Yin Release, which are dubbed 'Foxfire'.

Last edited:
If it's a summon that exists in canon then it will probably need to go through the normal means. Which means you'd need to get into contact with the summons OR a person that has access to tthe summon. Once you've signed a scroll you can detail your summon. I'm thinking something like a smaller character sheet that details their abilities, whether they can utilize ninjutsu, how their abilities work etc.

What say you @Mystic Zander

====Example====
Name: Furīsu

Race: Kitsune
Nature: Fire release | Yin Release

Bios:
Furīsu is a small Nine-tailed Fox and the primary summon of Hinagiku Hyūga. She has a silver-white cloak and can often be seen riding along inside Hinagiku’s clothing when summoned. She secretes a scented and flammable oil in her fur which she ignites with her chakra to produce flames. This allows flames that are a combination of Fire and Yin Release, which are dubbed 'Foxfire'.

Exactly what I was thinking. And remember, you’re always welcome a smaller support summon right away if you want- just make sure it actually fits the character.

Larger summons will come later, obviously. All the perks as well, Sage Mode and what have you, but the requirements will be high.

In short- yeah. Once we decide on a sheet, you’re welcome to submit a summon whenever. :)

I'd totally like to get me a gorilla sage mode if that's possible. In gorilla sage mode, he'll probably look like super saiyan 4 or something.

I understand this is impossible until much MUCH later on. Considering it took naruto hundreds of episodes to get his.

Just figured I'd ask now, since we are on the subject.

I'd totally like to get me a gorilla sage mode if that's possible. In gorilla sage mode, he'll probably look like super saiyan 4 or something.

I understand this is impossible until much MUCH later on. Considering it took naruto hundreds of episodes to get his.

Just figured I'd ask now, since we are on the subject.

It’s IS a possibility, but as you said, for a much later date.
We’ll work out the logistics of that a bit down the line, but for now, focus on where’s you wanna take your character in a year or two, rather than five or ten.
It’s good to know where you’re going so you can build up to that point, but you gotta show me a starting point and the progress made before we get there.

Ngl I'm kinda salty since I kinda wanted to go after Kikyō too and hand Kyuu another L, but wanted to set up something first. Would've been prepared for this 2 v 1 situation too, but this man was a few steps ahead of me somehow. Well played Kyuu. Your god luck just might save you for now. :D:@
You're talking a lot of smack for someone who's about to get clapped smh

If I wasn't using Fire Release it would already be over for you. Just wait until I have Fire-Release figured out.

You're talking a lot of smack for someone who's about to get clapped smh

If I wasn't using Fire Release it would already be over for you. Just wait until I have Fire-Release figured out.
Smh you better clap me with those advantages you got.

Anyways, how far would you say Kikyō was when she shot her arrow? I’m visualizing it as she was a little bit behind him on the ground and shot it at an upwards angle at the branch. Have my response mostly written, but just want to make sure.

Smh you better clap me with those advantages you got.

Anyways, how far would you say Kikyō was when she shot her arrow? I’m visualizing it as she was a little bit behind him on the ground and shot it at an upwards angle at the branch. Have my response written, but just want to make sure.
I was more leaving that up to you. Kikyō isn't that far from the entrance since she attacked almost immediately. So it's up to how far you think Kazue would've gotten in that amount of time.

Kikyō

The Suna nin didn't deign to speak but she carefully watched her opponent's reaction. His reaction was smooth, his counter-play even smoother. A simple wind-bullet that borrowed from her flames, transforming itself into a conflagratory incendiary. Her eyes sparkled. Kikyō leaped backward, avoiding the flame-bullet while trusting Hiroshi to take care of himself. At this distance, both parties had ample time to react to each other's attacks; but, Kikyō was in no rush to close the distance. Her bow was well-suited for combat at this distance and she had no qualms with whittling down her opponent.
Where did you get bullets from? I specified it was like a wave of wind mixed with fire.

50 ft is about the length of a Truck with a trailer attached, and since Kazue and Kikyō both retreated then the distance between them would've widened even more. I'd say we're nearing 70+ ft away.
Makes sense.

Where did you get bullets from? I specified it was like a wave of wind mixed with fire.

Makes sense.

He took a deep breath, carefully allowing sharp chakra to flow from his lungs up to his throat before expelling a decently sized blast of air downwards out of his mouth.
This part.

I mean bullet as in 'general projectile' since Wind bullets have a pretty wide range.

I figure it's something similar to Wind Release: Great Breakthrough

d64a20aa326f0a45d73c36acc7bcdcc44ea1125b_hq.gif

Though since you said 'decently sized' I take it that you're not going for anything too big.

This part.

I mean bullet as in 'general projectile' since Wind bullets have a pretty wide range.

I figure it's something similar to Wind Release: Great Breakthrough

d64a20aa326f0a45d73c36acc7bcdcc44ea1125b_hq.gif

Though since you said 'decently sized' I take it that you're not going for anything too big.
Oh okay. That’s pretty close to what I had in mind except a bit larger. More of an AoE attack rather than single target. When I saw wind-bullets, I thought you meant something like Danzo’s vacuum bullets.

Ah, yes, thank you~
Um, so do I enter a bio, or...?
If you’re okay with waiting until after the chunin exams are over, I personally think it’d be cool if you made a Shimogakure shinobi since we’re basically trying to establish the village from nothing and don’t really have clans with a history there. Of course that’s only if the creators are okay with it