• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Naruto: Shinobi Road (Role play Thread)

The White Team

Moving to the east, the room appears...empty. Apart from the exits to the North and South, nothing else seems to be of note. The walls are rough and uneven, as the rocky walls of a cave should be, but certain sections of the wall seem a bit...too uneven. Perhaps searching around would yield more results?

The Yellow Team

Moving to the south, the team is met with a long room, much larger than the one they'd been in. Through the room a river flows, circulating throughout the room in a ring. Inside this ring of water is an island. At first glance, both the island and the room appear to be normal, a closer look may reveal otherwise.

However—

Shīnkai

"Shuju..? Well, I'm Shīnkai, from Kumogakure. I was...errrrr—"

Slightly flustered, the Kumo-kunoichi fumbled for a way to explain herself. However, her voice cut-off abruptly as she whirled in the direction of the northern door. "W-who's there!"

Her flustered appearance waned. She leaped backward, landing in a stance that appeared only a bit clumsy. At some point, she'd picked up a rock, and without hesitation, she launched it at the first figure she saw as the Yellow team entered their room.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Kiyoshi
Kiyoshi watched as the new girl quite literally dropped in as he did not long ago. Airi seemed to not be very invested in the new challenge, but hopefully, she would work with him and Hitomi, who seemed nice enough from his first interaction with her. Kiyoshi looked around the room once more. He noticed the team that had fully formed in the center of the room across the water. It seemed that one of the members had just walked to get across the water. That was impressive, most people don't learn that skill until they become a genin. Kiyoshi was able to make out a clan symbol on his blue cloak. "Umm, I suggest we head right. I would rather not deal with a student from the Uchiha clan this early on." Kiyoshi said as he was trying to get to the exit as quickly as he could without looking too nervous.

Fumiko
Fumiko was glad to hear she would be working on a team. She didn't have much experience when it came to fighting, she was more of a book worm and it was good to know she wouldn't be alone. She felt bad about shaking Etsuji's hand when she remembered the girl from before who had "inked" her. Hopefully, there would be someway soon to wash all this off. She offered up her name to the group trying to make a better introduction than before. "Hi, I am known as Fumiko Yamamoto of Iwagakure, it's a pleasure to be working with you. I believe we should at least see around the corner as to what we are dealing with. Since there was no possible way of knowing exactly where would land I think it's safe to assume that everything up to the corner is safe at the very least" As she said this she walked up to said corner, trying to be as cautious as possible. When she got there she noticed another hallway. It seemed to break off halfway down, but also lead to a room straight ahead. "So now it does seem we are at a bit of a crossroad, which way will it be boys?

Last edited:
Sayaka tiptoed into the room, wary of any other teams as she heard a voice coming from this room. Already on edge, she could not use a thrown rock that barely missed her. "Hey, watch it! Do you want to trigger a trap and die? Because the latter can also be done without chucking rocks at people. Just say the word." She scowled at the offender as she reached for a red scroll and held it in front of her. "What are you planning here? Trying to pick a fight already? Well that's totally fine by me, gets rid of some competitors! Either you fight here or let us be, make your choice." She wasn't that keen on fighting so soon, but she would not hold back if she had to fight.

---------------------
"Kumogakure huh? I'm from Tanigakure, hopefully we'll get along just fine." He was about to shake her hand and smile because she didn't seem to want to taunt him when his teammate turned around and entered a stance. He heard it too, a second team was coming their way. He reached for his copper covered bo staff and was ready to fight if needed be. It was a bit annoying that they were only with two people, but they would have to make do with that. The newcomer was alone as of yet, but she was clearly confident in her skills if she didn't even wait for her teammates to show up before spewing remarks and drawing a scroll.

Taking a few deep breaths, Shizuka has eventually managed to calm herself down. She began looking looking around the room she and her presumed teammates were dropped in. “Huh? It looks like we’re surrounded by a set of walls.” She thought to herself. When Mako went to introduce themselves Shizuka, the Aburame looked up towards the Samurai with a shy smile. “Uh yeah, I’m alright. Shizuka Aburame, p-pleased to meet you.” She introduced herself as she stood up.

Jōdan turned his head towards Ayano when she walked up to him and introduced herself. “I’m Jōdan Chikarajo.” He introduced as he returned Ayano’s handshake. Jōdan turned his head Zadol who was walking on the rings of water surrounding their group. “Water walking? I didn’t know people learned that this early, the again different villages probably have different ways to do things.” He though to himself. “But first of all...” he raised his voice and waived at Zadol. “Hey do you know where you’re going?”

Melia

Slightly taken back, the honey bee shinobi scanned Zento's face for signs of mockery— She found none. 'Huh...this one is actually quite likable.'

Cocking her head backward, she gave Zento a magnanimous smile. His impressive attitude and bearing had indeed sated her anger. In fact, she was so impressed "—I'll reward you for being so understanding!"

Stretching her arm out, she presented the back of her palm. Waddling through a simple set of one-handed seals, her chakra began to flow, clumsily at first, but still producing the desired result.

"Honey Release: Honey Secretion Jutsu"

Slowly, orbs of honey began to form across the skin of her hand. A thick glistening gold, it slid across her skin, gathering into large droplets on her fingers.

Staring expectantly at Zento, she urged him on, "Go ahead, try it! It's really good!"

For a moment, her eyes were devoid of the icy arrogance that seemed instilled in her bones. This was the first time she'd shared her own honey after all. "You should feel proud to be the first to taste my honey errr— what's your name again?"

Needless to say, Zentō was slightly caught off guard by the sudden shift in the girl’s expression. Perhaps it was unfair to judge her based on only first impressions. The generous smile Melia revealed to him seemed to be a genuine one. She even went as far as to reward him with something.

“Honey?”

The tone of his question was a combination of both curiosity and wonder. Zentō watched in fascination as the orbs of thick, golden honey began to slowly manifest on the skin of her hand. It looked just like real honey. When the girl granted him permission to taste her honey, Zentō hesitated for a brief moment, only to give in to his temptation.

“It’s Zentō and I’m honored to be your first.”

Zentō probably should’ve been a bit more suspicious of the girl’s actions. Like how did she forget his name after he just mentioned it?! They were on the same team, so it was also unlikely she would try anything. Giving Melia the benefit of the doubt, the young Mugen moved to gently lick her honey after taking some with his finger.

Last edited:
Ayano:
"I know where he's going. Right into a wall. We should be going this way instead. But first, let's make a strategy" Ayano said defiantly as she pointed to the east. They could only move that way or to the northwest. Ayano figured northwest was where Zadol was going for but she opposed that idea. She thought that they should go east.

Etsuji:
Etsuji wanted to warn the girl that just had taken off but was too slow. She didn't appear to get hurt though so that was a good thing.
"Okay, so the hallway is clear but don't do that again. You could've gotten severely wounded. Which would either give us one teammate too little or some 'dead weight' to carry" he said. But he followed her up to the corner and looked down the next hallway. It seemed almost as dead as the previous one except here it looked like there was a room straight ahead and another hallway that was closer to the left.
"Let's check what the hallway to the left would have to offer. Then we can continue straight ahead if we don't find anything in there. Sounds good?" He said to his teammates as he started to slowly walk down the hallway, so he'd be prepared for booby traps.

Dead account

Previously Super Lazy Man
"Ah damnit... and i don't have much chakra left..." Zadol said, noticing the wall, he ran back but he decided to stop using chakra. To preserve it right before going, wich meant he had to swim "where will we be going then?" He asked , now waiting because he doesnt want to make the mistake again.

Last edited:
There had been a lot to observe within a short amount of time as they entered the room. First, it was what appeared to be some sort of island that a river circled around it that.

The other, more pressing one had been a rock that was hurled at their team upon entry. Quickly Sora tilted his head to the side as he just avoided getting hit much as one of his make-shift teammates had who began to curse the girl and the team who threw it and even threatened a fight.

Ah a girl with spunk huh? Have to keep that in mind...

"Much as I think a good ole slugfest would make things a bit more entertaining it doesn't help either of us." Sora advised to both the girl who threw a rock and his teammate before he turned to the other team.

"So, you guys found this place or did you start here?" Sora asked, curious what if any exploration this group had done with this room. If they had any info that might help them on this exam he was bound to try and get a piece of it.

----------
"A pleasure indeed, though it seems we have less than ideal starting point. A room with all walls..." Mako said, as "he" had thought the same thing Shizuka had as this "maze" seemed more like a prison least on the end they ended up.

"I doubt the proctors would be as cruel to send us to an inescapable room. There has to be a some secret here to lead us out." Mako guessed aloud as, proceeding with caution, the young aspiring samurai moved to a wall and began to gently tap at the wall to the left, trying to find any indents or anything to indicate there was a slap to press or pull or listen for an echo behind a spot if there was a hidden tunnel beyond any given section. "We should proceed with caution, but be eyeful of anything that might led to a hidden exit." Mako advised "his" two teammates.

Shizuka looked at Mako as they took initiative and began looking for a way out of their unusual landing space. “Oh wow, he’s pretty cool, being so confident about all this.” She though before snapping back to reality. “Ah, I should help too.” Extending her arms, countless tiny insects began flying out from below the Aburame’s coat. “Alright guys, go look around.” She said before her bugs scattered around the room.

Listening to Ayano’s suggestions, Jōdan took many quick glances at Zadol who was swimming back to shore. “So what was the point of that anyway?” He though before turning his attention towards the east side. “Yeah sounds good.” Thinking for a moment, Jōdan realized something. “So how do you plan to get across these ditches? Do you plan to swim?” He asked. “Because I could throw you if you’d like.” He added.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Hitomi observed what Kiyoshi seemed to point to as indeed another team formed not too far from them as one even began to walk the water. A formitable one among the group given it was an advanced skill for academy students, but irregardless she turned to Kiyoshi and cleared her throat ready to speak with confidence.

"Right, that is a good suggestion. But let's tread carefully." Hitomi advised, speaking with composure even as internally the sight of another team so relativly close to them and one of them being a water walker had nerved her she showed no visible concern over it as she spoke in favor of Kiyoshi's proposed motion.

Dead account

Zadol got back up, as he listened to the suggestions "i could use water walking and lift you up but i don't think i'd have enough chakra or strength .. throwing us could hurt. You know, i don't want to fall face first into a wall.. " he explained, he could go there easily. But his teammates cannot do so and now they need to find a way to go over the water "I'm already wet. I couldn't care about jumping in the water." He said,

The Pink Team

The passage was a short one and seemingly unobstructed. However, as the team trod through the maze, caution in every step, they would find themselves the first to trigger one of the maze's...special features. There before them, in a once empty passageway, the path blurred, the air shimmering and distorting. As if hidden all along, perhaps by a genjutsu, a massive door was revealed.

The door completely sectioned off the corridor, leaving no way to proceed, save for, of course, through it. Above its iron gildings, engraved in its wooden ornaments was a set of lines.

Born of Mist.
A piece of seven.
A tailor's wish.
What am I?

Below the small riddle was space for an answer. It would appear these exams weren't all brawn after all...

The Ice Blue Team

Astute as they were, the team would find their efforts rewarded. The southern wall was hollow and furthermore, the texture of the stone betrayed its nature. This wall was not made of stone, but instead wood simply disguised as a wall. Pressure on either side of the door released that it could rotate in place.

It was a simple 'flip' door which would allow them access to another part of the maze.

This new section of the maze revealed a T-junction, with passages leading East, West, and South. Towards the South, off in the distance, a small lake of water could be seen, and for the remaining two passages, leading to the east and west, both appeared to end in small sections of forestry.

The path had been laid before them, all they needed to do was pick their poison pick a direction.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Kiyoshi
Kiyoshi was surprised by the sudden appearance of the door as he was trying to get away from the Uchiha. He looked around until he saw an engraving in the door. This excited him because it was a riddle and a rather obvious one at that. "The riddle must be talking about the long sword of Kirigakure. My clan is has a few ties to the seven swordsmen of the Mist so I know all about the individual swords. The long sword is one of the seven swords of the Mist. It is also basically a long needle connected to thread which would be any tailor's dream. Is it ok with you two if I put in Nuibari, the swords real name, into the compartment?" He decided to ask his teammates before just putting in the answer because he didn't want to put them in danger and he wanted them to trust him.

Sashi was quick to note the uneven structure of the walls, as the room they had previously been in was relatively uniform in shape.

“Guys, I feel a bit uneasy in this room....maybe we shouldn’t stick to one location for to long.” The Genin to-be spoke up quietly, slowly trailing his fingers along the rocky walls for any sign of give.
“Even so, we should probably try and sweep each room we enter just to be safe, never know if there may be something here that’ll clue us in on how we should progress.” He added while gesturing to the ceiling, hoping one of his teammates would take the time to examine each face of the room for potential clues.

Ayano:
"I don't know how to walk across the water so i'm gonna swim. No reason to waste chakra on this if we can swim don't you think?" Ayano said with a smug smile. It would take longer than to just run across the water but they might need their chakra later depending on what they would need to do to get those treasures. That's as far as Ayano's thought went though.

Tailing close behind the two, Sokaze thought they were being just a bit paranoid. After all, it was just the Genin exams, and he doubted anything could be too bad.

"Look, guys, we can't be this jumpy this early. If we aren't confident, there's no we're going to get through this with a treasure. Come on!" Waving his hand in the direction of the left hallway, he ran past the cautious boy and...

Straight into a pool of water

Flailing his arms, he yelled a loud "Oh shit!" in surprise, teetering on the edge of solid ground. Thankfully there was a small 'island' in the middle, which he managed to reach by pushing off the edge of the pool. Kaze turned back towards the rest of the group, scratching the back of his head sheepishly.

"Y'know, it would've been helpful if you'd mentioned that. Anyways, can you two jump across?" If not, they'd either have to ditch the straggler or he'd have to launch them across with some sort of seal, which would be a big waste of his chakra

Last edited:
Suisentō

Swooosh

Like a gust of wind, Suisentō stormed into the room. Caution? What was that? Could you eat it?

She was all over the room like ants to a chocolate bar. If there had been any traps in the room she would've 100% triggered all of them. Luckily, this room was danger free or perhaps the team would've found themselves knee-deep in deep deep doo-doo.

Not that Sui had the time to care about any of that. She pulled out her two fans, snapping them open with audibling chinks. Then, with no regard for anyone else in the room, she began to dance.

"Lalalalalalalalalalala~"

She spun around, pirouetting on her toes, and waving her fans around with surprising grace. Her own taijutsu style was quite unique as a blend of ballet, gymnastics, and dance. Her body was beyond flexible, and so she could freely swing her fans around while she danced. Although her spontaneous dance appeared random, it actually had a purpose.

She finished her spin, both her fan snapping south.

"The Divination technique has spoken! Let's go-go-go-go!"

Apparently, by hopping around three times and waving her fan in the air, she'd divined the direction the group should go in.

Melia

Smugly angling her face, she expectantly looked at Zentō.

"So? How was it? Delicious right."

Her expression was back to one of haughtiness, but not particularly condescending.

Mako felt a quick wave of satisfaction hit "him" as the guess had been correct and they found a passage out of this boxed room, though that satisfaction gave way to curiosity as it appeared that three main paths were laid out in front of them.

Naturally, Mako turned to "his" teammates before any move was made. "So....how should we decide where to go?" Mako asked as "he" wanted to make this a discussion topic so they can decide as a trio which path is best to explore first....though as Mako said that "he" had been quick to go to a wall of their formally boxed in room as "he" pulled his standard katana and carved a lotus symbol onto the wall.

Just a little reminder that they had been here so that they'd know if and when they'd run in circles. Something to repeat as they'd venture through the maze.

Sayaka scowled, but put her scroll away. Antagonising herself in the eyes of her team would not be a good idea, no matter what. "I'll stand down for now, but don't expect me to be this forgiving when they attack any of us again." As her eyes went across the room, she walked forward to the little river in the room and knelt down.

The water was discolored by some kind of substance, touching it could be harmful. "This water appears to be contaminated, by what exactly I don't know. I don't think that this water is contaminated just to take down a water source, that island might be worth looking at. Any of you know how how to swim if we need to? Preferably I'd like a way to cross without getting wet and I have an idea, but I don't want to show my tools with them around." One thing was clear, the Tomonaga was not trying to be friends with the new team.

--------------------------

Shuju wasn't nearly as eager to put his weapon down, and instead kept it ready to strike. "I don't know if you are trying to backstab us or not, so I'll only say this. We started on this floor, up to you to put any weight behind my words." They didn't explore at all, but he would be damned if he'd let them know that. Besides, if they triggered any traps his team would be okay.

Sashi paused as Suisento came in behind him and proceeded in making a full of herself once again, acting as if she were a five year old who’d ran away from her mother out of excitement.
The Kumo nin let out a heavy sigh, not even turning to look at her as he began pressing firmly against the more rugged parts of the walls to see if they had any form of wiggle room, now completely okay with letting Sui do as she pleased.
“You’d think someone who wanted to be a ninja would act more like....a ninja.”

sSoul

Previously Swirled
As his teammates travelled, the Senju had adopted a silent attitude. Sure, he knew that communication was the foundation of teamwork, but Shihasu had frlt there to be no need to communicate with his team. The need to communicate seemed to manifest when his team came accross another, but it turned put that a peacful resolution was met without his involvement. Shihasu's lack of involvement in the matters of his team caused him displeasure, but he decided to stifle his emotions to avoid indulging in any reckless behavior.

"This water appears to be contaminated, by what exactly I don't know. I don't think that this water is contaminated just to take down a water source, that island might be worth looking at. Anyof you know how how to swim if we need to? Preferably I'd like a way to cross without getting wet and I have an idea, but I don't want toshow my tools with them around."

With this information available, the Senju decided to briefly examine the water to check her theory of vontaminatef water. On the surface, it didnt seem contaminated, it just looked like ordinary lake water. Still, he was unable to give a definitive answer in that regard, but he could answer the first question she asked.

"I know how to swim...althoigh Im not entirely sure if now is an appropriate setting to be handing out lessons,"

The, White, Team

True to Sashi expectations, the west-most side of the wall gave way. The wall crumbled away, revealing a small hole, just large enough for a person to squeeze through. The wall was lined with moss, and the rocks inside this little passage were moist slippery even, as they seemed to be covered with slime. Although it couldn't be seen, listening closely, moving water could be heard echoing through the small chamber.

Not much else could be gleamed from their current position. As it were, they would need to proceed either through the tunnel, or down one of the corridors.

The, Orange, Team

Splash!—

As soon as Sokaze had splashed down into the room, it's hidden mechanisms had been activated. Slowly, and almost imperceptibly, the water level began to rise. As the group of academy students chatter about their course of action, the island in the room was gradually swallowed up by the rising tide. Then— chink!

Dropping down behind them was a door of cast iron, study and by the sounds of its drop, extremely heavy. Another such door dropped at the other side of the room, effectively sealing all exits.

Slowly but surely, the waters began to churn, swirling like cyclones of wind. With the submerged island as the epicenter, a powerful whirlpool had began to form. For now, they would be fine, but the waters still rose and the whirlpool grew stronger. Soon, it would be too powerful to resist.

From the ceilings fell thick rattan vines, they would, at the very least, provide something for the group to hold onto.

Unbeknownst to them and elevated out of their sight, directly to the east, was a tiny exit to the room. In fact, there were not one, but three such exits. The elevated exit was the first. Beneath the waves of the whirlpool, was a small underwater channel that lead northward. The channel was the second exit. To the south of the room, cloaked behind a curtain of vines was a hole in the wall, the third exit.

Last edited:

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Ah this isn't good....I know of the famed swordsmen but I doubt the answer is so basic as to just be "sword", but I don't know specific names. Damn it why didn't I pay more attention to global history back in class!

Hitomi's panic in her head had been masked by her rather expressionless look as she took in what seemed to be some sort of riddle they'd need to answer as she tried to look like she was keeping cool even if she was stressing slightly about what the answer could be. Thankfully, it appeared one of her teammates had greater knowledge on the specifics about the swords of the Mist than she had and presented an answer that as far as she could tell seemed solid. It wasn't as if she had a better alternative so she would be quick to reply with a nod.

"Seems reasonable to me." Hitomi replied as she gave her seal of approval though would wait to see what the third member of their core had to say on the matter.

Dead account

Zadol, realized something... he could have just jumped over all the small rivers "... i ... feel dumb now...."He said.. with a hint of shame, then, he did exactly what he thought of. He jumped over the small rivers, until he got to the end, where he waited for his teammates, this time, at the right place "you guys coming or what? I'll wait if you want!" He told the two teammates over at the starting point

Ayano:
Ayano rolled her eyes as the Uchiha jumped across the small rivers but followed right behind.
"You'd have to wait for us anyway because you need us both to find those treasures. We're supposed to be a team, remember?" She said, though she didn't fully realize that meant that she would also have to take part in the team. She figured she could just boss the other two around and they would do her every bidding. (For kyuu to know where we're going, i think we decided to go in the direction of the pink team)

Etsuji:
Etsuji wasn't prepared for the doors on both sides would close. He was too busy laughing at Sokaze that almost had taken a bath.
"You know you were too fast for us to react on that" he said. Then he heard a sound behind him. He turned his head to the door to find it closed. He looked in the other direction to see that the door over there was also closed.
"Okay, that's weird. I guess we're stuck here now. We gotta find a way to get out. Should be easy enough" he said. But then he also noticed that his feet were getting wet. He looked down at the ground where water was now rising.
"Come back here, Sokaze!" he said. They would need to figure out a way together. But there was also the possibility of a treasure in here. But, even if it wasn't much, Etsuji's armor would definitely be in the way of swimming. He decided to keep it on until absolutely necessary. In the middle of the room, a whirlpool began to form and Etsuji felt the suction it created. Luckily, vines came down from the ceiling. They could hold onto them when the current got too strong.
"I'll look for a way to open the doors again, if you feel brave enough you can look for an exit in the water. Or you can go across the room and look for an exit there" he said quickly and started looking over the walls and the door on their side of the room, seemingly in a panic.

Zentō licked every drop of her sweet, luscious honey off his fingertips. Luckily, the gooey, sticky liquid took its time to dissolve, allowing him to maximize the pleasant sensation in his mouth. After taking a moment to savor it’s sugary taste on his tongue, Zentō responded to Melia with a tone that echoed his satisfaction.

“Nah. Delicious would be an understatement. I’ve never tasted such a pure, rich flavor in my life. So thank you again for granting me the privilege to taste your honey.”

Looking at Melia, his expression was a respectful look of true appreciation. Needless to say, he still thought it was pretty cool of her to even offer up the honey to him. He considered it a well-mannered greeting between teammates. Speaking of teammates, Zentō had nearly forgotten about the exam.

“By the way Melia, which way do you want to go?” He asked the girl calmly, careful not to show any signs of incompetence.

When the rotating wall revealed itself, Shizuka hastily recalled all of her insects and ran towards Mako as they made their way to the other side of the wall. The Aburame looked around the T-road in front of her. "Uh, I could scout ahead." She spoke, extending her arms and once again sending out her insects, having them in fly in each of the three possible directions.

Still standing on the small island, Jōdan was about to join his teammate but just as he was about to jump, he heard voices coming from the direction they were headed. “Hmm?” Narrowing his vision, Jōdan’s suspicions were confirmed as he saw the silhouette of team pink. “Oh. Hey guys do you see that other team there?” He asked. “I don’t think it’s a good idea to engage anyone right at the start of this, do you mind if we go the other way?” He pointed toward the west direction.

Last edited:

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Kiyoshi
With his teams trust placed in him, he knew he couldn't allow himself to mess this up. He was nervous as he put in his answer to the question into the designated area. Both of his teammates seemed to be keeping their cool while he was just over here freaking out like a nut job. Regardless he was able to put in what he thought to be the answer to the riddle "Nuibari"

Fumiko
Fumiko knew that Etsuji was being a little overly cautious, that's why she ran down to the corner earlier because she knew it would be safe st least up to there. However, she didn't expect the kid from the mist to charge into a room down the corridor. This was obviously a reckless way to go about things. She thought it was bad enough when she saw him run straight into the water, although in all fairness it was a little funny. She chuckled lightly to herself when he fell in, but then she saw iron doors close behind her, completely blocking their exits while the water slowly rose in the room. Needless to say, they had to find a way out of the room. The vines were a nice thing to grab onto if the water kept rising, but she was hoping it wouldn't have to come to that.

She scanned the room for some kind of exit, seeing nothing but the iron doors, the rising water, the vines dangling from above, and the wall covered in vines to their right. Wait why is that wall covered up and none of the others she thought. "You two keep trying to find a way out of here. I have to investigate something, if it doesn't work I'm hoping you two will have a backup plan." She leapt over to the vines so she could start investigating.

Melia

With Zento's praises, the Iwa-kunoichi cocked her head slightly higher and puffed her chest out just a bit more. Clearly, she'd found someone who both understood their place in the world and could see her own magnificence. Both pleasing to the eye, and the ear. Whether is be genuine or otherwise, stroking her ego had produced effects, and now the emboldened honey bee was in quite the good mood.

"Choose whichever direction, we shall not mind."

Even referring to herself with the royal we, Meli throw the decision of direction back to Zento. Capable servants should be rewarded, it was only right and just. This Zento was a very capable servant...though she'd need to work on the servant part. In any case, Melia had full confidence that Zento could make a sensible decision, he had, after all, already made so many of them!

The, Ice Blue, Team

The buggy scouts sent out by the Aburame reiterated what could already be seen. On the Eastern and Western wings, forestry, oddly thick for a location underground. Of note, however, was that the bug found various fruits and veggies just waiting for the plucking. The fruits were pristine, glistening with life as they hung over a lush field, interspersed with tufts of grass.

The southern path led to a large lake, it's girth covering the passage way. It would appear there was no way around the lake. Perhaps they would need to go over it?

Notably, there were passages leading in all four directions from the lake. With the inclusion of the northern corridor, the one they were currently on, there was a passage-way for every cardinal direction. Beyond the lake's southern boundaries the maze returned to it's corridors, branching off into another 4-way intersection. It's eastern boundaries led to a tunnel, nay this one was a dead end. The Western path led to another lake, this one stretching the length of a tunnel running East to West.

The, Pink, Team

The door rumbled, it's engravings vanishing before the student's very eyes. Releasing a thunderous sound, as if furious beyond all measure, the door glowed red. The winds stirred around the door, guided by something yet unseen. As the door trembled, appearing to shake the very cave to it's core, it —exploded.

A tempestuous fury erupted, the wrath of gods descended in the form of sprinkles and confetti.

Evidently, their answer had been correct.

Soon after, the sprinkles and confetti vanished, as if they'd never been there to begin with. The door itself, or what remained of it, also vanished just as cleanly. Revealed on the other side was a long room, it's length running north to south. Voices could be heard in discussion, and if anyone took the time to count, they would find 5 people already present.

Airi Uchiha

Airi stared blankly, somewhere between stark shock, and sheer disbelief. This maze...was getting weirder and weird by the second. She eyed her teammates, judging to see if they were as taken back as she was.

The, Orange, Team

The waves swirled, seeking to sink the trio of students beneath their frothy crests. Beneath Fumiko's administrations, the vines revealed their secrets. It was a short passage way, one that would lead the trio of students—should they decide to take it— into a large southern chamber, with three lakes settled in it's rocky floors.

Should the team take this path, they would be greeted with three choices yet again.

Three paths of exit existed.

A wide path to the south where shadows cast by stalactites covered the ground, giving the path the appearance of a fanged maw. Out of the three pathways, this one appeared the most...dangerous. It seemed to scream trap. This path was a set of jaws, ready to devour all who dared to tread it...

The second path would least to the east, another simply cave, but clearly less ominous in it's making. The simple stone of the floors and walls went as far as the eye could see as that corridor appeared to open up into another room. Simple as it might've appeared, the most dastardly of traps were often disguised in plain sight.

Lastly, was a corridor leading toward the north. Square in the middle of this corridor was a large door, gilded with Iron. Engraved in this door, with fancy curved writing was a riddle —

A Scripted Seal.
Weapon of Paper.
Elites hidden in stone.
A blank space lay beneath the riddle, an answer requested.

"You're right, swimming lessons are not what we need right now. What we need is a way to test what this water is contaminated with. It looks like oil, or...paint? I would not be too surprised to find out that there is a trap that is supposed to set this stuff ablaze." Sayaka said as she used a kunai to get a bit of the substance out of the water, although it quickly dripped back into the water. Let's see, it doesn't look corrosive. My puppet can probably get all three of us across, but I don't want those other two kids to discover it so soon.

------------------

Shuju was quiet, keeping a sharp eye on the new team before trying to whisper into the ear of Shinkai to the best of his abilities. "What is the plan? Attack from behind, stay here or leave? I don't trust these people, especially not that girl. Don't forget we're the minority here, they have extra manpower."

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Kentō was going to respond to his brother's question before the proctor began saying what will happen in the exams. He listened and was then surprised by the sudden drop to the labyrinth. Unfortunately, when he finally reached it he fell with his head hitting the floor, causing him to become unconscious.

-~-~-~-~-~-
Sura followed Suisentō and Sashi and watched as the west side of the wall crumbled and revealed a hole.

"If you guys want, I can go through it first unless you guys want to go before me, or we can find another way to the treasure, if this is even is one."

-~-~-~-~-~-

Nikota watched the interaction between Melia and Zentō and stayed quiet, though she did note that Melia did not regard the Terumī's introduction to her teammates, at least that's how Nikota saw it.

"Yea, I guess we should be going. I don't mind if Zentō chooses the direction," she said cheerfully, also remembering the name of her teammate who DID acknowledge her.

A bright idea came you Sashi’s mind as the small pathway was exposed. He turned his head to the sound of his teammate, Sura, volunteering to go first....no, that just wouldn’t do.

“Hey....Sui. This pathways kinda narrow, and your our smallest team member. How about you take initiative and lead the way.” The young Kumo nin spoke up in an enthusiastic tone, ushering his comrade to the hole without waiting for a response.

“Either the pathway leads to somewhere that’ll make this task a whole lot easier....or it’s another trap that Sui is gonna fall head first into. Either way, it’s a win win.”

“Alright, I’ll try not to let you two down.”

Zentō responded in a grateful but somewhat serious manner. Though he was pleased that he had gotten both Melia and Nikota to put their faith in him, there was now a burden that had been placed on his shoulders. Now he felt it was his responsibility to make the right choices and lead the team to victory.

However, instead of buckling under the pressure, Zentō wore a slight grin that detailed the confidence he had in himself. He glanced at the two possible paths before taking a breath. With the lack of knowledge, Zentō could only assume it was a 50/50 chance he would make the right decision.

“Okay. Let’s go this way.”

The Mugen gestured in the direction he chose before starting to walk. Sticking to his first choice, Zentō had chosen to lead the team east of their position in the maze.

Shuju turned around to look at the newcomer, who appeared to be unconscious. What is it with my teammates and being knocked out when they land? "What took you so long? Did you get stuck or something?" He asked as he grabbed the unconscious body and propped it against the wall. He knew the water was safe, as it got that weird color from Shinkai, but he wanted to watch the other team struggle. "You couldn't arrive any earlier?" The chance that the unconscious boy would hear him were smaller than he was, but it still felt good to get it out of his system.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Hitomi as Ari gazed her seemed to be unphased, as she managed to keep a cool expression the entire display explosion into confetti and all. This would be an impressive show of her ability to handle even the most out there situations, though internally...

Shit shit shit we're gonna die we're gonna die! W-wait is that confetti? Holy crap how big is that room! D-do I hear voices? Other teams? What if it is some dungeon boss! What if they attack us? Damn it all this is crazy!

Hitomi took a minute to clear her throat, and her flustered thoughts her cool expression masked, as she turned to Airi and Kiyoshi. "So um...there seem to be other people inside. Should we enter anyway, or how did you want to handle this?" Hitomi asked the pair as she figured that the possibility of meeting another team or even more had been worth a quick group check.

"Well, one idea that might work....but I wasn't the most precise thrower in the kunai so might need a warm up throw." Sora replied, as Sayaka seemed to give the report about the river being contaminated in some fashion which made the prospect of "swimming" within it one Sora had been eager to avoid. But with a rather smug grin it appeared that he had an idea of some sort, and before long the pieces to that plan came into fruition.

A kunai, and what appeared to be a rolled up bundle of steel wire. About a hundred feet worth, maybe longer as he began to roll and firmly tie one end of it around the handle of his kunai. Once the grip was secure, and after a test swing or two in the air Sora pulled the kunai to hand as he turned to Sayaka.

"I have one question to ask, why are we even bothering with this? I mean I have an idea to get over the river but it seems to me we could just walk around it to one of the doors. Is that island worth the inspection?" Sora asked Sayaka, with a lower voice to try and not inform the other team that had been there. But given one of the members present had knocked himself out he wondered if there was even reason to give them concern.

"I think it might be, it is suspicious that this water is contaminated and surrounding a piece of the floor. It could just be a way to delay us, but I feel like there's something on there. How about we mark this place and return later? Although we could probably take these fools down, one of them knocked himself out for crying out loud.' Sayaka whispered as she judged the distance between the ceiling and the floor, maybe they could use that to their advantage.

Suisentō

Not even an hour and she'd already made a best friend! Suisentō's eyes sparkled. Not even she had been prepared for Sashi's intimacy, but it seems they were already on a nickname basis! "Really, Shi-shi!?"

The prospect of being the fodder excited her, though she didn't realize that's what she was. "I'll definitely go in first then." She spoke to both teammates, answering Sashi (now Shi-shi) and Surunoha. Without wasting another moment, she began to crawl through the tunnels. After several moments, she emerged from the other side. Within the room was a small, cross-shaped pond, with exits to the north and south.

She peered around the room and quickly called back, "Looks safe!"

Shīnkai

Staying mostly silent, Shīnkai nodded. "We should probably take them out...save ourselves a future enemy." She whispered, brushing aside her rainbow-colored hair and laying her palm on the handle of the butterfly swords. The concealed short-blades were held at the small of her back, usually hidden completely by her hair. The pair of swords were stored together, appearing to be only a single blade due to their thin build.

"We attack together..?"

Her eyes glossed over Kentō's unconscious body but didn't linger.

Sokaze had assumed that getting soaked was the extent of the room's dangers, so the sudden rising of the water and the doors shutting came as a surprise to him. Glancing around, he noted that the other two had already begun taking action in trying to find an escape, but hadn't tried one of the most obvious spots yet.

"Okay, so the water has to come from somewhere, right? I'll try swimming down and checking there," he said, wading towards the center of the whirlpool. Although the vortex wasn't yet all that strong, it seemed to be picking up in intensity, so best to hurry. Kaze took a deep breath and ducked underwater, making quick strokes as he went towards the epicenter.

"Damn," he muttered to himself, letting a few more precious bubbles from his lungs. The water was twisting around a grate, and there was no chance of swimming through that. However, a few moments before he pulled himself up, he spotted something else a little while away.

He gasped for air as he surfaced, taking a few deep breaths before submerging once more to double check what he'd found. It was definitely some sort of channel, with enough space to swim through. Perhaps it was an exit? Kaze surfaced once more and called out to the others,

"Guys, I think I found something useful. Get over here," he said, flicking his hand towards himself in a 'come here now' sort of gesture. "I sure as hell hope you two can hold your breath."

Last edited: