• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When your stare causes Hellfire to erupted then yea. It was a strike to the Heart. But What else is in the Chest? Both Lungs, Liver, Pancreas, Intestines, Esophagus... just about everywhere inside the Chest/Abdomen area lies a vital organ which once injured will lead to your death sooner or later.

My point is, the Gentle Fist directly attacks your internal organs, and kill-zones are all over the body, so if I set out to really go on a murderous rampage then the slightest of touches is extremely dangerous. Neji gave Hinata Heart damage, and he wasn't even trying to kill her.

I've simply never gone for murderous blows against other characters (except Kidomaru cause Shen was asking for it)

Just saying, this view of the Hyuga takes them to overpowered territory and the only reason anyone in our cast can survive against them is the whims of the user holding back. And I don't like that personally.

Guess it's my turn to post, but before that, I need to ask a question, what is the logical extreme of FBS, the strongest it will get is in the spoiler below.
White FBS(can't remember the exact multiplier, someone help with that) plus Sage mode
i don't want to break the meta of this RP, and do I need your help to make sure that don't happen.
Well, in my analysis I'm not too sure if FBS and Sage Mode are super compatible. I haven't made any in-depth considerations, but you can't absorb nature energy while in motion. This problem is usually solved by attaching summons to your body who absorb energy for you. Not too sure how the same solution works together with FBS, but I kinda doubt the frogs will be able to match up to the sheer chakra consumption of FBS; White. (You'd said Taiyo could only keep it up for 5 minutes or something, right?)

However, Naruto by around mid-Shippuden could only throw Two(?) Rasen Shuriken before completely running out of Sage chakra.

Basically, you might find yourself with a sustainability problem.

Last edited:

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Guess it's my turn to post, but before that, I need to ask a question, what is the logical extreme of FBS, the strongest it will get is in the spoiler below.
White FBS(can't remember the exact multiplier, someone help with that) plus Sage mode
i don't want to break the meta of this RP, and do I need your help to make sure that don't happen.
ez counter:susanoo or 8 gates

Just saying, this view of the Hyuga takes them to overpowered territory and the only reason anyone in our cast can survive against them is the whims of the user holding back. And I don't like that personally.
Yep, you're exactly right. However, 'this' view, is the view we've been going along with the whole time. I'm quite sure that I've mentioned the capabilities of the Gentle Fist before. But that's only if you get hit. Myself and Shen included are pretty lenient with how we handle 'kill-moves' and at 600 Discussion Pages and nearly a month in, I'd like to think we would've earned enough trust that this whole 'Sagisō's gonna one-shot everyone in RP', or 'Reaver's Nuke is an unstoppable beast of an attack', various quips like that, can remain solely as running gags to be used during the discussion because regardless of what our characters are theoretically capable of, we as RPers have enough sense about us to know our boundaries and not go on murderous rampages.

Yep, you're exactly right. However, 'this' view, is the view we've been going along with the whole time. I'm quite sure that I've mentioned the capabilities of the Gentle Fist before. But that's only if you get hit. Myself and Shen included are pretty lenient with how we handle 'kill-moves' and at 600 Discussion Pages and nearly a month in, I'd like to think we would've earned enough trust that this whole 'Sagisō's gonna one-shot everyone in RP', or 'Reaver's Nuke is an unstoppable beast of an attack', various quips like that, can remain solely as running gags to be used during the discussion because regardless of what our characters are theoretically capable of, we as RPers have enough sense about us to know our boundaries and not go on murderous rampages.
Thank God for that, could you imagine if every character had their own mind? This would be one lawless and godless wasteland

Thanks Kyuu, that might be something to look out for. Anyone else?

I guess my question would be are FBS and Sage Mode compatible with each other? Like kyuu explained the mechanics seem to clash a bit and I am not sure if it would be a seamless union.

Feels more like just stacking two power ups on top of each other rather than working them with each other.

I think my point was less "you'll go murder mode and kill us all" and more "we only have a chance in Sagiso fights because you decide to have Sagiso hold back and play passive. Which cheapens any battle against her to a degree.

ez counter:susanoo or 8 gates

Naruto Ball Z: AU Edition

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I think my point was less "you'll go murder mode and kill us all" and more "we only have a chance in Sagiso fights because you decide to have Sagiso hold back and play passive. Which cheapens any battle against her to a degree.
thats like saying if i didnt allow raiku to put a smokescreen, crow feathers everywhere, or a genjutsu to stab your heart while you can't see raiku, then i'm holding back

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Naruto Ball Z: AU Edition
This simultaneously killed me and gave me life.
I guess my question would be are FBS and Sage Mode compatible with each other? Like kyuu explained the mechanics seem to clash a bit and I am not sure if it would be a seamless union.

Feels more like just stacking two power ups on top of each other rather than working them with each other
I honestly don't have an answer, I'm not even entirely sure what nature energy does, and canonically, Taiyo would stack up two power ups thinking they work together even if they don't. As far as I know, natural energy is just something to be absorbed and combined with chakra, and FBS just takes chakra and redestributes it around the body to the chakra points for release. By extension, I thought that Sage Mode when properly combined with FBS would allow natural energy to also be violently released from chakra points.

Your point is solid, however, at the same time I don't think the intentional lack-of-lethality of her moves cheapens any fight. When you battle Sagisō, you're not going up against the Gentle Fist, you're going up against me as an RPer.

This goes for myself, Retro, Shen, Zander, and just about anyone who's been placed on a pedestal as a 'top-tier combat RPer'. You're not fighting the techniques of our characters, you're fighting against our ingenuity and combat instinct as RPers. For any of my main OCs who are supposed to be top-tier fighters, the joy of defeating them doesn't come from trumping over the Gentle Fist, if that's all you wanted to do then just wear armor like Yasu or Reaver.

If you want me to remove the instant lethality of the Gentle Fist, then that's perfectly fine with me. I've never had it hit anyone, those I even used it against I allowed to dodge without being hellbent on hitting them. Techniques are nice and all, but when you beat me, the satisfaction you get won't be I managed to trump the Gentle Fist, it'll be I managed to trump the Queen of Tactics.

Seiun stretched his legs, not fully aware that the poison was slowed as well as his chakra points being sealed and promptly began to make a tactical retreat, although it really looked like a coward running for his life, the terms are basically interchangeable.
LMFAO!!! :):D:D:)

No. '-'

I'll give you a chance to correct that, try that again and I'm dislocation all his limbs. Besides, Mild paralysis is a side-effect of blocked chakra points and stagnated blood flow. He can probably move, but not with anything near the level of speed and coordination he'll need to actually escape.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Ahh ok I thought the pulverizing things to dust would need chakra
None at all. The ice serpent cost 40% as a down payment for borderline free actions for whatever the ice serpent does.
*flicks forehead*

You're too focused on that, focus on the battle, not your opponent's chakra capacity. You're gonna walk right into a trap without even knowing it.
^ he’s right ya know

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
It’s hard to describe what I was going for, but think of the rashomon. Imagine that being pressed against the serpent, though it’s much weaker in more spread to keep it stick to the ground with a part of it being open to fit the serpents body. And it’s much smaller, only as tall as a few feet above the ground.

It’s hard to describe what I was going for, but think of the rashomon. Imagine that being pressed against the serpent, though it’s much weaker in more spread to keep it stick to the ground with a part of it being open to fit the serpents body. And it’s much smaller, only as tall as a few feet above the ground.

A rashomon would smash the serpent instantly, in any case. As their hull is known to be unfriendly heavy, more so than even solid rock. I doubt that it’s around rashomon strength, you may want to rethink that

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Okay wait. Back up. You can’t just bring in two jounin level friends summoned in just like that. That screams foul.
Yea I know. Don’t really plan on using these guys often. They are summons after all anyways, they have a time limit. Looked it up tho, apparently you only need chakra to summon, keeping them there just depends on how much time is left. Explaining more on how Raiku summoned them with just “help” and using more chakra then usual is something that I wanna explain later.

Yea I know. Don’t really plan on using these guys often. They are summons after all anyways, they have a time limit. Looked it up tho, apparently you only need chakra to summon, keeping them there just depends on how much time is left. Explaining more on how Raiku summoned them with just “help” and using more chakra then usual is something that I wanna explain later.

Two jounin level summons is incredibly unbalanced and wholly unfair to everyone involved. And without any explanation in how they were summoned without Raiku even knowing how before this very point.

While having multi natured crows is a very neat dynamic for Raiku, making each jounin level before Raiku is even a chunnin is too far fetched and broken for my liking. Time limit or not.