• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One thing to note is, who is gonna be grouped up with who for this arc?

As far as I know....

Team Iwa
-Guren
-Tomiko
-Mori

Team Kumo
-Darui
-Aisha
-Kenji

Team Suna
-Pakura
-Madoka
-Yasu(?)

We don't know who is going with Hinagiku and who is going with Kakashi in Konoha. I presume two separate teams.
Damn, Kumo is so lacking in jonin that a Konoha genin is on the team. Atleast Guren makes a bit of sense to have in Iwa

Damn, Kumo is so lacking in jonin that a Konoha genin is on the team. Atleast Guren makes a bit of sense to have in Iwa

I'm aware XD

Kenji is the only Kumo OC we have, and Rika was made to be a non-combative (Though she is kinda like Gohan in that she has the power but doesn't want to use it)

Kumo is in a sad state of affairs, though kyuu improved it a bit with the valkyries.

I'm aware XD

Kenji is the only Kumo OC we have, and Rika was made to be a non-combative (Though she is kinda like Gohan in that she has the power but doesn't want to use it)

Kumo is in a sad state of affairs, though kyuu improved it a bit with the valkyries.
I've played around with the idea of making a Kumo OC myself but not quite sure yet how to make them be a part of the main cast without saying 'Yeah, they knew Kenji and all that jazz'

I've played around with the idea of making a Kumo OC myself but not quite sure yet how to make them be a part of the main cast without saying 'Yeah, they knew Kenji and all that jazz'

Well, if you need a reason, we could have Ay insist they join the mission given they want the top ninja available. Maybe you can hand-wave him/her being on a mission instead of the exams to justify him/her not being around then.

Well, if you need a reason, we could have Ay insist they join the mission given they want the top ninja available. Maybe you can hand-wave him/her being on a mission instead of the exams to justify him/her not being around then.
Sounds good to me, not exactly busy OC-wise and if other members of this RP can control multiple OCs then I don't see why I can't. Give me some time to create them and feel free to criticise them

One thing to note is, who is gonna be grouped up with who for this arc?

As far as I know....

Team Iwa
-Guren
-Tomiko
-Mori

Team Kumo
-Darui
-Aisha
-Kenji

Team Suna
-Pakura
-Madoka
-Yasu(?)

We don't know who is going with Hinagiku and who is going with Kakashi in Konoha. I presume two separate teams.
I'm aware XD

Godjacob: Kumo is severely lacking in relevant Oc so they look like fodder.

Kyuu: *Creates 10 relevant OCs*

Godjacob while staring at the Valkyries: Kenji is the only Kumo OC we have.

Hahahahaha well their fighting style of tools was what really put them in the dirt. Zaku just beats weapon users easier

Pretty much this XD

Already tried fixing it by giving Madoka a bruiser fighter puppet and more emphasis on wind style jutsu. But yeah 2 Genin and one Jonin versus Konoha's army doesn't feel like a fair fight. Same really for Iwa and Kumo's numbers.

I did give you credit. I mean Genin OC (Who are our POV focus characters.) Apologies XD
Genin aren't even a relevant force for this arc lmao.

With people like Kakashi, Pakura and other Anbu tier characters running around they'll be pretty hard pressed not to get themselves killed.

They're honestly there to make up numbers and mob opponents with quantity over quality.

With people like Kakashi, Pakura and other Anbu tier characters running around they'll be pretty hard pressed not to get themselves killed.

They're honestly there to make up numbers and mob opponents with quantity over quality.

True, in power they don't mean much.

But the focus of this arc is on them, not the Kakashi or the Pakuras. So it is important for RP purposes.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
So...who should Taiyo recruit besides one of the Hyūga, an Uchiha seems almost mandatory for this, but I don't believe any other clans in the leaf are relevant now, I could make a relevant one but I think 3 is enough for me.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist

With kakashi, pakura and several other high powered characters, they’d probably be squaring off against one another. Like Hama for example

True, in power they don't mean much.

But the focus of this arc is on them, not the Kakashi or the Pakuras. So it is important for RP purposes.
True, but Kumo certainly has people they can send, so they're at no major disadvantage, their lack of low level fighters in need of protection actually puts them at an advantage.

With respects to Suna, I'd just call them and Konoha one unit since they're such close allies. There's really only gonna be 4 factions since Konoha and Suna stand together.

Name: Taji Kuramoto
Village: Kumogakure
Jutsu type: Lightning Release and Genjutsu, Sensor
Description: Dark skin with brown eyes with a lean body and brown hair tied in a ponytail. Keeps her headband around her head, wears a dark green sleeveless shirt with a pair of black cargo shorts and black shoes.
Bio: Demanding excellence from herself and those around her, or rather expected to be perfect by her parents and adopting that mindset, Taji was at the top of her class and graduated with flying colors. She has gone overboard in her demand for excellence a few times, falling asleep from training too much and trains twice as hard the next day to make up for it. When on a mission with others, she demands that the mission has the complete focus and will not tolerate any detours or jokes during the mission. She values the village above herself and is willing to die for it.
Dislikes: Jokers, liars, useless banter, people who don't give it their all.
Missions completed: 0 S-rank, 0 B-rank, 8 C-rank, 21 D-rank

True, but Kumo certainly has people they can send, so they're at no major disadvantage, their lack of low level fighters in need of protection actually puts them at an advantage.

With respects to Suna, I'd just call them and Konoha one unit since they're such close allies. There's really only gonna be 4 factions since Konoha and Suna stand together.

There's one problem with this.

Suna is gonna want the Tailed Beast for themselves. Their nation has none, so it would be a badly needed bolster to their forces, and Konoha is not gonna be generous enough to just let Suna have it.

There's one problem with this.

Suna is gonna want the Tailed Beast for themselves. Their nation has none, so it would be a badly needed bolster to their forces, and Konoha is not gonna be generous enough to just let Suna have it.
They don't really have a choice.

They're not strong enough as a nation to compete with the other 4, they're barely competing as it is with Konoha's assistance. Suna in canon lacks the ability to even hold a tailed beast apart from Shukaku. They don't have the manpower necessary to stop it when it rampages.

The Kazekage are able to stop Shukaku because they mix their metallic sand with the Shukaku's sand and thus suppress the tailed beast in that manner. Personally, I doubt their ability to restrain any other tailed beast apart from Shukaku.

They've declined Biju before in favor of acquiring fertile land, but that was during the Era of the first Kage's, and also under the condition that they already had the Shukaku and thus didn't need a tailed beast. Different circumstances call for different courses of action, but I'm still throwing that tidbit of info out there.

They don't really have a choice.

They're not strong enough as a nation to compete with the other 4, they're barely competing as it is with Konoha's assistance. Suna in canon lacks the ability to even hold a tailed beast apart from Shukaku. They don't have the manpower necessary to stop it when it rampages.

The Kazekage are able to stop Shukaku because they mix their metallic sand with the Shukaku's sand and thus suppress the tailed beast in that manner. Personally, I doubt their ability to restrain any other tailed beast apart from Shukaku.

They've declined Biju before in favor of acquiring fertile land, but that was during the Era of the first Kage's, and also under the condition that they already had the Shukaku and thus didn't need a tailed beast. Different circumstances call for different courses of action, but I'm still throwing that tidbit of info out there.

Aren't you the one who told me we shouldn't strictly stick to canon at all times? XD

I kinda want Suna to branch out more, and not be dependent bitches to Konoha to accomplish anything. I've already had Rasa express an interest in retooling their military and strengthening themselves so they are not as helpless without Konoha backing them up on anything.

Oh, a quick list of Baiyan's non-canon ninjutsu sword skills. I'll give you the names, but as for what they do, you'll have to guess or wait till they're revealed.

Nadeshiko Style Sword Arts

Tsubame Gaeshi
Reverse Tsubame Gaeshi
Iai Tsubame Gaeshi
Niten Tsubame Gaeshi
Santen Tsubame Gaeshi
Iai wind-beheading
Iai Air shot
Iai frictionless Blade
Niten Wind-Scar

Aren't you the one who told me we shouldn't strictly stick to canon at all times? XD

I kinda want Suna to branch out more, and not be dependent bitches to Konoha to accomplish anything. I've already had Rasa express an interest in retooling their military and strengthening themselves so they are not as helpless without Konoha backing them up on anything.
They're not dependent on Konoha because they lack military power, they're dependent on Konoha because they lack civil power. Rather than military power, what they want is resources and land.

Either way, like I said, different circumstances call for different courses of action. Feel free to develop them in whatever way you see fit.

They're not dependent on Konoha because they lack military power, they're dependent on Konoha because they lack civil power. Rather than military power, what they want is resources and land.

They have the weakest military in canon. They clearly lack military power. They aided with Oto and attacked a surprised Konoha and still got utterly dominated.

I'll do what I think is natural for them. But really if Konoah & Suna work as a pair the other interested parities have zero chance at all.

They have the weakest military in canon. They clearly lack military power. They aided with Oto and attacked a surprised Konoha and still got utterly dominated.

I'll do what I think is natural for them. But really if Konoah & Suna work as a pair the other interested parities have zero chance at all.
They lack offensive military power. If they want to invade anyone it's certainly gonna be an issue.

Defensively they're quite secure with a combination of natural barriers and Tsunade being the only one capable of foiling their most devasting of poisons.

Personally, if y'all are not careful my Valkyries will be starting a massacre. They won't even leave the charred corpses of their opponents in their wake. I'll make sure to reveal their specialty through Hinagiku when they're encountered though.