• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Okay so lemme address each subject.
•Power: Taiyo definitely has a bunch of raw, abeit untamed. Even if the Jutsu did fail, the explosion of Fire Release: Flashing Burst Style did a lot of damage to the surroundings, and even more to his arms lol.
•Effectivness: Taiyo did exhaust his opponent and even made Azumi bleed a little. Even if he did lose, his last Jutsu did a number on everywhere
•Stamina: Taiyo lasted surprisingly long for someone who had two broken arms and was bleeding out, he even said that he d rather break his body than lose. If he wasn't bleeding out, maybe Taiyo could have won.
•Utility: Taiyo utilized every tool he had, save for Genjustu. From explosive tags, Senborn, clones, his Swiss Army Knife and Ninjutsu. And when Taiyo's arms were broken, that didn't stop him from fighting, he simply used his legs.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Okay so lemme address each subject.
•Power: Taiyo definitely has a bunch of raw, abeit untamed. Even if the Jutsu did fail, the explosion of Fire Release: Flashing Burst Style did a lot of damage to the surroundings, and even more to his arms lol.
•Effectivness: Taiyo did exhaust his opponent and even made Azumi bleed a little. Even if he did lose, his last Jutsu did a number on everywhere
•Stamina: Taiyo lasted surprisingly long for someone who had two broken arms and was bleeding out, he even said that he d rather break his body than lose. If he wasn't bleeding out, maybe Taiyo could have won.
•Utility: Taiyo utilized every tool he had, save for Genjustu. From explosive tags, Senborn, clones, his Swiss Army Knife and Ninjutsu. And when Taiyo's arms were broken, that didn't stop him from fighting, he simply used his legs.

Hmmm i’ll Bear all of this in mind with my submission:

•Power: If Taiyo has one thing going for him, Power was on his side. He lacked the ability to connect any of his powerful attacks as a melee fighter, but power none the less.

•Effectiveness: now this is where we have a big problem. He did slim to none against his opponet, as his abilities wee reckless enough to be countered and even used against him on several locations and jutsus. His strongest move needed up doing more to himself then his opponet.

•Stamina: Taiyo really shines here, having the second best Stamina as seen yet, second only to Tomiko, which says a lot. With two broken arms he held in using his legs and sheer determination, which was a shock.

•Utility: another weakness of his, his utilization had poor tactical reasoning. For an example he should have saved his all out skill when at close range so that it would hit her more likely. Or using the rocky terrain to entrap his opponet for his melee to shine. He didn’t have much tactics other than determination.

Total: 22/40

Last edited:
I feel like if I said anything, being I RPed his opponent, there would be bias seen one way or another. I'll weight in if no one else will but I'll give others a chance to speak first.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I was off by one xD. Also as for my reasoning to bump them up, well his Justus were very powerful, but not really REALLY strong so .5 seemed like a small good boost. As for utility he did use most of his ninja tools which I didn’t see in your explanation so I boosted that by one. As for 2.5 on effectiveness, he DID exhaust Azumi.

Okay.

1. Power->8 (His bomb might be one of the stronger jutsu used in this RP. Blowing up one of the arenas is strong stuff, just Azumi had the time to set up a multi-layered defense before it hit. And he packed series firepower.)
2. Effectiveness->2.5 (His own big jutsu backfired on him because he used it too early and did more damage to himself cause Azumi had the time to set up a shield. He should have either done more damage to Azumi, closed the distance or immobilized her in some fashion. Not to mention he kept using his broken arms as a shield which only sped up his blood loss. He did damage and exhaust Azumi, so it wasn't totally futile.)
3. Stamina->9 (Not much more to say. Despite blowing himself up and breaking his arms he kept fighting.)
4. Utility->5 (He had a lot of diverse attacks, used weapons and a habit for improvisation. He just used them poorly. He wasted his big bang finale early on when Azumi had been fresh and was free to mount a defense. Which given the 20 seconds there, she had plenty of time to do. Also was kinda direct with his jutsu, just shooting fire forward, though he used everything he had.)

Total-24.5/40

Edit: Bumped up effectiveness by .5.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
28 = 70%, a C- so passing grade normally technically. 30 = 75%, or a normal C. Makes a bit more sense. 32 = 80%, my teacher told me in college this is the minimum and becoming a chunin should be a very high standard so this is what I’m going for. 30 is more average and normal tho

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I think we could also incorporate Shen’s idea into this too. 75% minimum, but let’s say taiyo lost in semi finals instead of first, his chance would be times 1.2 percent. Since he lost first round tho no boost

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
To be fair, Zaku does deserve somebody to kick his butt for once. He's been a huge jerk this entire story yet nothing ever goes wrong for the guy XD

I can understand wanting to see that from Soul.

In all fairness Yasu did start it lol. He has been a jerk, but in real life jerks win sometimes. He may win or lose, but Karma doesn’t exist. So we’ll see where he goes ;)

I don’t see any reason why the bad guys should be punished. Winning jerks gives more reason for others to get stronger, eventually Zaku will run out of ways to improve and we can beat him.

You are making the assumption that the bad guys would eventually lose. Rather than just improve themselves to and keep their advantage forever XD. Not like Zaku is gonna just remain where he is while others "catch up."

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Even if Zaku doesn't get completely destroyed, I still want someone to put him in his place a little. After all, pridecomes before fall, so Zaku is doomed for a fall anytime now...