• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Michael Jackson is Dead

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
The BBC have confirmed it (though at time of posting, haven't updated this post).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8119951.stm

RIP.

*Will play the greatest hits album at some point tonight*

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I couldn't believe the news when I heard it earlier today. It's just... Michael Jackson. I can't believe he's dead o.O

RIP indeed.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
It's a bit of a shock, but the media coverage is just mental. As much as I liked his music, it's kinda... blown out of proportion :/

Also:
Check this out.

Elvis was a cock who wasted the last years of his life too - hasn't stopped him continuing to be a hugely regarded figure in the industry or loved by millions of people to almost cult-like status.

I've got a feeling that Neverland Ranch will one day be just as much a heritage site as Memphis...

...I'm still mourning over this.

I just can't believe that Micheal Jackson is dead. During my childhood, he was the butt of all my friends' jokes. This forced myself to research him online...and I fell in love completely with his music.

We're losing good people these days.

I personally found the news absolutely devastating- the amount of press coverage and hype about it are nothining astounding if you consider
a. The amount of support he received from people that came from dozens of different countries during the 'dark years'
b. His freaking massive fan base (massive)
c. How absolutely amazing he was as an entertainer.

I'm one of the people that love MJ regardless of what happens, if not only because of the music he produced and shared with us for all of his life, even as a five-year-old. He was an amazing musician, he gave us Thriller, Beat it, Billie Jean, and the moonwalk. He paved the way for the pop artists of our day even amongst the developments of Rock and Roll to make him one of the most famous people around the world. His death is a huge loss, and he will be missed.
Rest in peace, MJ.

oh man this shocking I herd about it last night, image how his family must be taking it, but I think his records will live on for a while, kind of like Elvis. RIP Mr Jackson.

I first heard about Michael Jackson going into cardiac arrest and being sent to UCLA hospital around 5:30 PM EST, when I was heading to the dojo for karate. Then, around eight, I heard he died. :o

My thoughts on Mr. Jackson are mostly on his early career, like Jackson 5 and his album Thriller. They were good pop music, unlike (in my opinion) some of the stuff sold today.

Then he got a little creepy by sexually abusing children and having strange plastic surgery. I didn't listen to much of his music after the 1980's stuff, anyway.

Overall, I find Michael Jackson's music to be decent, but himself a little creepy, and his death a bit of a surprise.

Ohh ... I just can't believe it.

I live in Scotland, where we're about 6 hours ahead of America. Yesterday night, when I was supposed to be asleep, I heard my Mum saying to my big brother, "Luke ... did you see the news? Michael Jackson's died." And I so though that I was dreaming. But I woke up this morning, my Mum came through and broke it to me that Mr. Jackson is dead. I was just ... wow.

And just a few days ago, (I dunno, Wednesday maybe?) I was saying that I might dress up as Mr. Jackson for Hallowe'en. But now I'm thinking that maybe it'll be a bit sick ... ?

My uncle came into my home state today, so I went to my grandmas with a lot of my aunts, uncles and cousins. As I was sitting at the computer with my cousin (Who was flipping between Pandemic II and Facebook) I heard of Michael Jackson's death.

From my cousin's Facebook!

Then my folks started talking about it, then I saw it on Yahoo, the 10 o' Clock news... It's true. However creepy he may have been, he led the world into the modern age of music, and we shall all remember Thriller and those dancing geckos.

...Wait, that's Sobe's commercial. :D Rest in Peace Mr. Jackson, may you always be remembered for the good things. :(

-AL

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Then he got a little creepy by sexually abusing children

Except two juries have said he never did.

Sure he was screwed up in the head and was little more than a big kid most of his adult life, but considering both his trials were pushed forward by the parents of the children in question, neither of which were all that well off and against a (at one time) billionaire, it's really not hard to see where the real motivation lay.

I'd feel it's fairly safe to say he was never guilty of anything more than being a loon.

The man may have been creepy, but he was a genius with his music. Not only has he made some of the best selling albums ever, he paved the way for what music videos are today with his epic Thriller video. His voice will surely be missed in this world. RIP Mr. Jackson.

I couldn't believe it. I thought my little brother was just making another MJ joke, till I saw it online. I love his music. I wish the media coulda left him alone during is rough times, though. He will be missed. RIP, Moonwalker.

I loved Michael Jackson, and I fear this entire thing will be turned into a media circus, a true travesty. The man has been through so much crap in life, and he shouldn't have to deal with more indignity during his passing...I pray he is given at least that much.

There will never be another like him...

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Except two juries have said he never did.

Sure he was screwed up in the head and was little more than a big kid most of his adult life, but considering both his trials were pushed forward by the parents of the children in question, neither of which were all that well off and against a (at one time) billionaire, it's really not hard to see where the real motivation lay.

I'd feel it's fairly safe to say he was never guilty of anything more than being a loon.

The fact the families were happy to settle for financial compensation says a lot, too. If someone abused my kids, I'd want to see them in prison. Forever.

I did initially think (hope?) that Michael Jackson had faked his own death - on the basis that the only way he'd ever be left alone would be if he was dead. He had so much plastic surgery that he looked like a freak, which would make it easier for someone else to die in his place - it's much easier to make someone look just like a freak than to make them identical to a normal person. Find someone who is dying, pay them or their family a lot of money, give them enough plastic surgery to make them look like Michael Jackson. Then that person dies in Michael Jackson's home, is anyone going to question whether it was the real Michael Jackson?

But as more information has come out over the past week or so, I'm increasingly convinced that it was either a tragic accident or a suicide attempt. The kind of drugs he was using (anaesthetics, etc) were not the sort of things that anyone should be using at home, even with the assistance of a doctor. You need a full resuscitation team on standby before it's safe to use things like that, which is why operations take place in hospitals.

I don't think he was a drug addict, by the normal definition, either. I think he was someone in a huge amount of physical and mental pain who was abused by his doctors and handlers in the same way that he was abused by his father as a child. Poor guy.

I couldn't believe that Michael jackson died and I wouldn't believe it but the next day when I turned on the news it was saying that Michael died and that made me so sad I cried after like not crying for a entire year i'm still sad about it..... :'(