• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed MHA - Heroes Of Tomorrow (discussion) (AU)

Seeing as I was not accepted I'm going to assume my character is a bit too powerful. If anyone could give me some critique I'd be happy to make changes.

Yes, although his skeleton does make inflicting significant damage to his muscles difficult because it's expanded to protect muscles as well as organs. One could think of him as having a regular skeleton wrapped in muscles and then plated with an additional skeleton similar to how a barnacle grows a shell around itself when it settles down to it's sedentary adult life. The obvious difference being that all of David's skeleton is subcutaneous, so sort of an "endo-exoskeleton" which is technically an oxymoron.

With that being said, he still feels pain, although it's hard to inflict crippling pain on him because most wounds can't do more than scrape off skin before deflecting off his armored bones. Such wounds still bleed and are still unpleasant.

As a side note I just realized his armored bones have another weakness: bludgeoning attacks. Similar to how medieval knights could be defeated by blows from maces and flails without actually penetrating their armor, David's skeleton isn't able to disperse the impact of heavy bludgeons as well as it resists slashing and piercing attacks.

Sure. His bones aren't flammable but his flesh has that frustrating tendency to combust when subjected to radical increases in local temperature. Lasers would be less effective since they would usually just cut down to his bones but true fire has a way of working around defenses and to be clear, while his armor does a great job of covering the weak points of the normal human body, it's not perfect.

Sure. His bones aren't flammable but his flesh has that frustrating tendency to combust when subjected to radical increases in local temperature. Lasers would be less effective since they would usually just cut down to his bones but true fire has a way of working around defenses and to be clear, while his armor does a great job of covering the weak points of the normal human body, it's not perfect.
The laser beams aren’t Normal laser beams, they are the suns energy, so they create heat around them

I'd say that unless you have a blunt object or some sort of fire/ice/laser quirk, your best bet against such an opponent (which reminds me of Kirishima but the armor is on the inside) would be to attack the nerves. Technically fire, ice and laser do that, but I mean that the biggest chance you would have is to train in martial arts (or if you have a fire/ice/laser quirk you just train to be precise with them)

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
What would a good ultimate move be for Yua? Like “Identity Steal” or something like that where she acquires someone and then morphs them to pass as them?

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
I'd say that unless you have a blunt object or some sort of fire/ice/laser quirk, your best bet against such an opponent (which reminds me of Kirishima but the armor is on the inside) would be to attack the nerves. Technically fire, ice and laser do that, but I mean that the biggest chance you would have is to train in martial arts (or if you have a fire/ice/laser quirk you just train to be precise with them)

Or you could try to strangle him, or cut of his air supply. Drown him, wait for him to die of old age, make him drink acid.

God I'm good at thinking of ways of killing people, that's scary

=Nightshade=

Her quirk is manifested from the acquisition of DNA, so if it was a natural-born quirk she’d probably have a weaker version of it, but if their quirk was not tied to their DNA (i.e. Takashi’s quirk) then she wouldn’t get it at all.

So, if there is a school for people with good quirks, such as U.A., and there are multiple other schools... that means that there would be a school for people with absolutely terrible quirks, quirks that are so random or so detrimental that it would worsen them?
The more I think about the latter category, the darker and sadder I realize such a person's situation in life would be. Just look at Soramitsu.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Ultimate moves huh?
Can't really think of anything for Wyatt, since his quirk is kinda simple. I do have a couple things in mind, but they work more like improvisations.

Ultimate moves huh?
Can't really think of anything for Wyatt, since his quirk is kinda simple. I do have a couple things in mind, but they work more like improvisations.
Not that it matters much but I would like to know whether or not he can affect his own gravitational pull (sort of like Ochaco but only on himself) or if he affect his mass. I guess an ultimate move would be that he somehow learns how to do this to others and either sends them flying or makes them crash into the ground

=Nightshade=

I mean, at this point, we don’t really need to be worrying about ultimate moves... we can always cross that bridge when we get to it? Or does that sound like I’m a procrastinator who never faces her problems head-on and prefers to work around them which is entirely, completely, and utterly true?