• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mega Slowbro Officially Revealed At Worlds!

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
BvKZX52CcAAuOT6.png
Our second major news from the Pokémon World Championships has just come thanks to Masuda officially revealing Mega Slowbro after the Pokémon leaked earlier this week.

During the opening ceremony for the event Masuda officially revealed Mega Slowbro, and while he commented that he may not be the first to show us the Pokémon, he is the first to show us footage of it in battle. The trailer can be seen above.

Yes! Yes! Yes! Mega Slowbro! :D I love it! Sucks you probably won't be able to get Slowpoke without transferring. I'm hanging on a limb with that because in original Ruby and Sapphire, you can only get it by trading.;_; Then again, they might make an exception. That'd be nice.

Aw damn, it only spun when using that grass type move. I'm glad they added the 'flip' animation as part of the tail end of the evolution, paying homage to Shelder. I wonder if big bad Cloyster gets one then?

Still kinda neat, though, and I certainly hope for more Kanto megas. It sorta makes sense that all pokemon evolutions should, as it's based on the trainer's bond rather than the pokemon itself. But one can dream!

Last edited:

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Awwww, I love the animation, it makes dear old Slowbro seem much happier about the whole 'being slowly devoured' thing :D

im fine with his mega and im betting hes going to be amazing. i can tell in his design he has realized a shelder has almost fully eaten him and hes no longer having trouble feeling his surroundings