1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.

OR/AS Mega Metagross

Discussion in 'Mega Pokémon' started by Linkachu, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza
    Staff Member Administrator

Mega_Metagross-x600.png
    Steel / Psychic
    20477_info.png
    Japanese Name: MegaMetagross
    Height: 8'02"
    Weight: 2,078.7 lbs.
    Classification: Iron Leg Pokémon

20471_abilities.png
    Ability: Tough Claws

20473_cryptidata.png
    Revealed: Mega Metagross was first revealed via a CoroCoro leak on July 10th, 2014. It was later revealed internationally via the Pokemon Company's Youtube channel in an OR & AS gameplay trailer on July 14th.

Additional Info: Our Hoenn Champion, Steven, is said to have a Mega Metagross companion who's Key Stone is stored in his Mega Stickpin.

20483_stats.png

Upon mega evolving, Mega Metagross has a greatly increased Speed stat along with increases to its Attack, Defense, Sp. Attack, and Sp. Defense.

HP: 80
    Attack: 145
    Defense: 150
    Sp. Attack: 105
    Sp. Defense: 110
    Speed: 110

20479_locations.png
    [​IMG]
    Mega Stone:
    Metagrossite
    OR/AS: Given by Steven after rematch following Delta Episode. A special shiny Beldum holding a Metagrossite was also distributed between November 21st, 2014 and January 14th, 2015.

20476_evolution.png
    Mega-Evolves from Metagross.

20472_artwork.png
    steven_megametagross_small.png Shiny_Mega_Metagross_withEffect.png
    20482_screenshots.png
    july_p21_01_kmk.jpg july_p21_02_orz.jpg july_p21_03_lil.jpg july_p21_04_jmm.jpg july_p21_05_rcq.jpg aug_p24_03_qqq.jpg aug_p24_01_ewm.jpg aug_p24_02_ysq.jpg

#1 Linkachu, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017
  2. Hmm better have levitate otherwise im not sure how this thing will walk around.

3. voidaquariums

voidaquariums Formerly Luxray901

@Jeydis Probably with it's gorilla hands XD

4. Facing the ground then lol.

5. voidaquariums

To heck with traffic
    I am Mega Metagross (try saying that ten times fast)

6. KoL

KoL FPS Guy
    Staff Member Moderator

I've heard many theorize that it'll get Tough Claws for its new ability, but Levitate on top of its increased stats would be a fantastic ability for it to have.

The big question is whether this Mega Evolution will go the same way as the other pseudo-legendary Mega Evolutions, merely serving as a niche alternative to the original or whether it'll completely revolutionize how effective Metagross is.

I'm not as hyped about this one as I was about Sceptile and Sableye, but there's definitely a lot of intrigue about this one.

Ash/Red likes this.
  7. Well, at least it means Steven isn't getting a random Charizard after all, or it only exists for demonstrations. I'm not sure what to think of its design, I like it and all, but I can't be the only one that thinks it is suffering major constipation while trying to poop out a Metang.

8. I am not sure whether or not it will have the Ability Levitate, but the regular Metagross, while generally being shown walking on the ground with its arms, can also be seen floating sometimes in either the anime or the movies. As this one is already floating, I don't think that movement will be a problem. :)

Ash/Red likes this.
  9. Doctor Oak

Staff Member Overlord

It's not easy to make out, but you can identify the same shapes of the first characters and after that there's only one translation that makes sense:

[​IMG]

Megagross has Tough Claws. "Powers up moves that make direct contact by 33%".

10. What I meant is that if his claws are on the ground he would be facing downward the way he is posed.

Looking at it more closely though it looks like its arms are on ball hinges so I suppose he could rotate the body which could work.

11. voidaquariums

Whenever he jumps, a hole in the ground is made. Oh god dem spikes

Ash/Red likes this.
  12. Hmm, not a huge fan of the design, but I'm happy it got a Mega evolution :)
    To add, I like how it has golden stripes like it's shiny form.

13. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza
    Staff Member Administrator

I added some images of shiny Mega Metagross to its above page. It looks pretty damn sweet in its shiny version, too.

Meta Metagross was one mega that I've wanted from the start, particularly because my held-item of choice for standard Metagross was simply a Life Orb. Mega evolving the beast replaces the need for such perfectly. Can't wait to try one in battle. ♥

Ash/Red likes this.
  14. That Shiny Mega Metagross is so freaking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Well... everybody loves metagross

16. Not me because it is like bronzong which are really annoying since their levitate ability makes them immune to ground type attacks leaving it with ONE WEAKNESS. but still i would not want to get in the way of this Mega, talk about a bulldozer, but i think it's kind of funny because it looks like a pod racer from STAR WARS! ' snicker '

Pika7771 likes this.
  17. Too bad Steven Didn't have a Shiny Mega Metagross in the game. That would be awesome

18. I LOVE MEGA SHINY METAGROSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

19. Yeah Best Mega Shiny