• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mafia 1: Day Two (June 18th-20th): First Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Current village members: [13/14]
  • Yoshimitsu
  • Rain
  • Shocari
  • Dwayna
  • Mr. RMA
  • Sir Red
  • Sem
  • Pyroblade55 (greased)
  • Tangrow
  • Weeds
  • Komachi Onozuka
  • Toru
  • Brendan
  • Jertyuiop
MAFIA SPILLS BLOOD

A body was found last night in the river, reportedly "riddled with gunshots." The murdered individual was Pyroblade. This is expected to hasten discussions as to how best to deal with the increasing problem, which has thus far stalled due to lack of evidence.

More as it comes.​

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Re: Day Two (June 18th-20th): First Blood

I had Pyro pegged as Mafia, so I'm somewhat surprised by this.

He was pretty vocal about suspecting Tan, though. Is this a counter-strike by the Mafia? Is Tan Mafia?

Or are the Mafia just throwing out red herrings?

Hmm... I really wasn't expecting this either. I would've thought the mafia would've wanted to go for some of the "louder" voices. Maybe this was a manouever to throw us off guard? Also, how will the detective announce his discoveries of the night? I thought Mr. Teapot would've told us that, as he obviously can't say it him/herself...

Like El, Pyro seemed rather brash in his accusal of Tan. But he did abstain soon after, so maybe he was confident that the Mafia might finish him off. This may point a few fingers in Tan's direction, but it's still rather early to say today. For now, that is.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

@Weeds: That's exactly what makes the Detective's job so risky. (S)he can't just come out and say what they found at the obvious risk of being a mafia target. We just have to hope that the detective finds some way of getting the word out so that we have some sort of head's up.

As for Pyro being killed...did not expect that one. El's comment about this possibly being retaliation for the Tan accusations is definitely a possibility, but this could just be to throw us off obviously. It would be nice to know who the doctor chose to save, though. Even if we don't get to know who the doctor is.

I'm just going to say that Pyro wasn't all that vocal about any assumptions towards me being mafia, except for agreeing with El and jumping on the bandwagon. So I'm not really sure why everyone wants to shoot me under the bus! :<

Poor pyro...moving on!

This could easily mean that Tan is Mafia, as one of the biggest speakers against him is now gone, but that could be a plot devised by the Mafia, and that Tan is just a pawn.

Dwayna said:
Well, you could be. You were one of the three to agree to the idea right away. Also Sho seems to have an affinity with El... you could all be working together.

I also find it somewhat suspicious that Red was the first to mention that there could be multiple mafia members. Also, why is he trying to pinpoint the Doctor, who is an essential asset to us?

I accuse anyone who is eager to accuse others, pyro. But we are all eager to accuse, including you.

Dwayna said:
'Facts' are fickle when anyone could be making an elaborate deception, pyro. We need to keep in mind that the mafia could be any of the suspicious townsfolk.

Dwayna said:
You do have a good point though, Red. Since Tangrow seems to be the person most people are agreeing on then he might not have much of a chance. If he turns out to be innocent, however, I do think we should turn our eyes to those so willing to accuse him in the first place.

After re-reading through Day One, these posts in particular caught my eye. They also all come from the same person: Dwayna. Dway was the sole person to defend Tan, the first to say that the anyone could lie to cover their tracks, and the first to want to lynch those who accused Tan. In addition to her other posts, I'm seeing red flags that she is Mafia.

I could be wrong, but I have a very strong feeling that I'm right.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

What malice disregard you have for life, Sho. :p

Anywho~, Sho brings up some interesting points about Dway's comments. I just find it odd, of all the suspicious posts (because I read a whole lot of them) you only singled out Dway. I'm not accusing Sho of anything, but he could be targeting Dway for some reason other than thinking she's mafia (Like perhaps he felt shafted when she traded him three loafs of bread for two chickens!). Now obviously Dway very well could be mafia, I just found it odd that you waited till now to cast suspicion onto Dway. All of your evidence was from Day 1 and yet you didn't try and make this head-way then. Why did it take you till now to be so sure? If you have more evidence than simply here-say, I'm all ears and then we will be getting somewhere. ;)

[me=Sir Red]polishes sword and is totally not biased as Dway's knight, nope >>;;[/me]

They stood out the most to me. Plus, I was waiting to see what all Day One would bring to the table before making some finite judgment. I know there are other Mafia members out there, but Dway strikes me the most as being one.

Other suspects(to me, at least) are RMA, Sem, and El, for reasons similar as to why I singled Dwayna out. Above the rest, their posts just stand out as being different from what a townsperson would say. Granted, they may be posing as Mafia so as to hide being a townsperson, doctor, or detective, but that's all on a guess that the Mafia doesn't know who the other members are. Just a very vague, coffee-induced guess.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

I'm not too sure why anybody would pretend to be mafia/outwardly give off signals that they are, seeing as the point of the game is to survive. :x Also, what do you mean by "the mafia doesn't know who the other members are?" If you mean they don't know who is the doctor/detective/townsfolk, then that's a given. But if you mean that they don't know who the other mafia members are, well seeing as the rules say that they discuss it with each other I think it's safe to say they know each other. :p

As previously stated, I still have suspicion towards RMA (who then accused me shortly after I questioned him, which I found to be a rather snap response). Dway is indeed suspicious, however.

So the mafia hates ponies... that´s a good start

It definately seems that the most prominent action of Pyro yesterday was accusing Tan and then change to abstainment when everyone else did the same. This of course would point towards Tan. Though I am still worried about how smart the Mafia members are. It is pretty obvious that the Mafia would want to speed up the lynching, by increasing suspicion in others. I honestly believe that Tan is being used as a pawn, as much suspicion as that will throw on me if an execution proves me wrong.

As for Sho´s theory on Dwayna, that is interesting nontheless. If it wasn´t for your quote evidence, I would have believed that you pulled that idea out of a hat, since this is the first time that Dwayna has been seriously accused. With a evil-persona like Soul Stealer (Who I am a little biased towards after she tried to kill me one Halloween), she would definately look like someone that would be mafia. Though I still don´t follow about how defending Tan would give her a red flag. If she defended Tan in the first place, why would she turn around suddenly to kill the one that would point the most fingers at Tan, especially if he´s mafia too?

Could both be innocent, and the real mafia be someone even more planning? Because I can see a chain reaction forming when we get to lynching. Assume that both Tan and Dway are innocent first. Tan would be lynched first, and then we will begin to suspect Dwayna and get her lynched too. Finding her innocent, we will then suspect Sho for making the accusation in the first place, and then we lynch him. That´s three lynches, with three late-night deaths happening before we´re even done, and then we´re already down to only 7 players with who knows how many mafia left.

I just finished reading that, and I´m already believing that I´m overthinking it. I´ll post it anyway since I went through the trouble of writing it anyway. Care to offer some input to my thoughts?

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

Yay I'm not dead.

Ahem, anyway. I'm quite suspicious of a few of you, but I didn't outwardly say so much for a few people since, like Sho said, I wanted to see what the first day brought to the table. I've suspected Dway as mafia since the start, for reasons Sho has said and others as well, such as how she's willing to defend anyone who has suspicion cast on them, but also says she's trying to keep an open mind on the possibility. She's trying very hard not to make enemies.

Granted, none of us want to make enemies, but it's more important for a mafia member to not make enemies than for us townsfolk. Why? Because there's more townsfolk than mafia members. How many more? No one but Petey knows, but we DO outnumber them. So picking off one of them could be like them picking off two of us.

And they do know who each other are, they have to, otherwise how can they decide on who to kill at night? And since they know who each other are, they can play mind games with the rest of us. That is their advantage, what they do to overcome their weakness in numbers.

I'm totally for lynching Dwayna this round. Sorry love, but it has to be done </3

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

Honestly, I had my thoughts about who the mafia were in the last round, a lot based on who was suspecting who. From the start, I must admit, I found Dwayna the most suspect, for many reasons stated above and in the last topic, so I think I'll be forced to say her.

Voting for Dwayna

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

I personally say that we lynch RMA. Pulling a trick out of Sho's hat I was looking through Day 1 and noticed him even more suspicious than previously. His first post was talking about how we had nothing to go and shouldn't be so accusing of one another and helping the mafia. Then as soon as the idea of abstaining was first brought up his very next post was saying that we would need "collateral damage". And he continued with this. Just seems odd that he would so drastically change his ideas the moment we took his first advice about not helping the mafia. I think he didn't expect his plan to be quite so effective if you ask me.

However if everyone is in consensus, I will willingly lynch Dway. (Sorry, My Lady. :x)

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion

Whoa whoa whoa, I haven't even replied to this nonsense yet and suddenly you're ganging up on me too? ):

If you want to kill me off, then go right ahead. I could be mafia just like any one of you. *shrugs* I was just trying to be as unbiased as possible.

I'm going to be out all day tomorrow anyway. I vote to ABSTAIN again, not that it matters.

So, the mafia strikes again, this time killing pyroblade55. Could this be Tan's revenge? Or the mafia pretending it is so that we can help them wipe out our numbers? We don't know yet...

In the meantime, everyone seems to be voting for Dwayna. I agree that she has been suspicious, but others have been to. I see that if a few people say one person is suspicious others are keen to jump on the bandwagon and blame that person. Yes, Dwayna was trying not to make any enemies, but nobody wants any, do they? The main people who I suspect (apart from the obvious answer 'Dwayna', she jumped on some blaming bandwagons too) are El (for arousing suspicion that it's Tan in the first place), Sem (for casting the first blame among other things) and Shocari:
Shocari said:
Poor pyro...moving on!
I could be wrong, but I have a very strong feeling that I'm right.
These are just suspicions though, people who blamed others in some way, so I don't want to cast my final vote yet, I want to see what other people have to put (plus, it's supposed to be from the 18th-20th and it's still the 17th, so we have some time).

Last edited by a moderator:

Looks like everyone believe that it´s Dwayna for this round. So I might as well let my previous experiences boil up and get vengence on Dwayna. There, we´re even now!

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool

Oops, forgot to reply after all this time. My vote goes to Dwayna as well.

Personally I'd vote for Mr.RMA, as personally my suspicions towards him are higher than those towards Dwayna, even though she undoubtedly seems very fishy as well. My vote probably won't matter at this point, but I still want to make it because I can >:3 (Also sorry for replying so late, didn't have an opportunity until now >>; )

Ok, I've made up my mind now. No matter what I vote or who I vote for Dwayna's being lynched, so I'm just going to vote for Dwayna too.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

OOC: Ahem, sorry for the late wrap-up, guys.

THE FIRST LYNCHING

The executive committee has taken swift and decisive action, storming Dwayna's house and killing her on the spot. Further investigation of her effects reveals that she was a mafia member.

The remaining Mafia members' reaction to this has yet to be seen, but it is expected to cause a major retaliation.​
Also of importance, Rain has dropped out of the game due to personal reasons, so she won't be participating from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.