• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mafia 1: Day Three (June 22th-23th): Cheesewire at Midnight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Current village members: [10/13]
  • Yoshimitsu
  • Shocari (garrotted) [detective]
  • Dwayna (knifed)
  • Mr. RMA
  • Sir Red
  • Sem
  • Pyroblade55 (greased)
  • Tangrow
  • Weeds
  • Komachi Onozuka
  • Toru
  • Brendan
  • Jertyuiop

DETECTIVE ASSASSINATED

As revenge for the committee killing one of their own, the Mafia struck a swift and brutal blow to the committee by breaking and entering the house of one of the committee members, Shocari, and ending his life via cheesewire. Later analysis of the scene determined that he was the detective.

This is expected to complicate procedures, and as of yet it is too early to tell how the committee will respond.​

Re: Day Three (June 22th-24th): Cheesewire at Midnight

Uh oh, Shocari really was the detective... My avatar is a lie...

It does however explain the truth about how he successfully singled Dwayna out as Mafia in the first place. This really changes the game, I wasn´t expecting to lose the detective this early. This Mafia isn´t going to let us enjoy what happiness we get for long in these dark times. It´s quite clear that the mafia killed Sho out in a revenge act for the lynching of Dwayna. Unfortunately, this gives us no real leads to who Dwayna´s cohorts are, so we´re stuck with the last two days for solid evidence. I have a few suspects from those days however that are etching me at the moment.

First off, and most recently, is Weeds, since he was the only one of us that chose not to kill Dwayna yesterday, instead opting to vote for Mr.RMA, so he probably didn´t want to turn on his own ally, and opted to vote for someone else instead. Mr.RMA was a favorite suspect in the first day, for wanting to promote "collateral damage" to "speed things up", perhaps he just didn´t want to get his hands dirty. Of course, these two contradict each other, so I don´t know whether to cast more suspicion on one or the other. So I´m interested in what they, and everyone else, have to say concerning the trouble we´re in now before I pick one.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

Sir Red said:
What malice disregard you have for life, Sho. :p

Anywho~, Sho brings up some interesting points about Dway's comments. I just find it odd, of all the suspicious posts (because I read a whole lot of them) you only singled out Dway. I'm not accusing Sho of anything, but he could be targeting Dway for some reason other than thinking she's mafia (Like perhaps he felt shafted when she traded him three loafs of bread for two chickens!). Now obviously Dway very well could be mafia, I just found it odd that you waited till now to cast suspicion onto Dway. All of your evidence was from Day 1 and yet you didn't try and make this head-way then. Why did it take you till now to be so sure? If you have more evidence than simply here-say, I'm all ears and then we will be getting somewhere. ;)

[me=Sir Red]polishes sword and is totally not biased as Dway's knight, nope >>;;[/me]

The fact that Red suddenly jumped to Dway's defence once Sho implicated her strikes me as very suspicious, moreso now that we know that Dway was mafia. Using this post's reasoning (and Sho's actions), it was fairly easy to deduce that Sho was the detective, which means that he must have known Dway was mafia after asking Petey.

Red's immediate defense is suspicious enough for me to think he's mafia, since he jumped to the defense of mafia, and especially since his reasoning is flimsy. Because of this, I vote Red to be lynched.

I am an absolute retard.

I had my suspicions about Sho as the detective. I took a big risk when I voted for Mr.RMA. This I realized afterwards. All I managed to do was seem suspicious. I am absolutely brain-dead >>; I deserve to be lynched out of this game. FML ,>_<

Anyway, moving on. I wonder who the doctor decided to protect, since Sho was killed. He did seem like quite the possible mafia target after the evidence against Dwayna. My opinions about Mr.RMA have not changed since last thread. He's been keeping low recently, possibly because he's trying to cover up his mistake(s)? Red also does strike me as suspicious, just like El stated. I think I'm going to re-read the previous threads before casting my vote, though.

EDIT: And that proved to be a good idea :D

I agree with Red about Sem, but he's suspicious too. He could be using his knowledge of Sem against us to throw us off the trail! Or he could know something about Sem that we don't... Personally I don't trust anyone.

Dwayna's first post. It seems odd that she'd be suspicious towards Red, seeing as how she was mafia. Then again, this was posted very early in the game, so it doesn't really prove anything.

I have a strong feeling of Tan being mafia, seeing how Dwayna protected him in the first thread. Of course, this might've been Dwayna's plan, to make Tan seem suspicious, but at this point Dwayna wasn't marked as any more suspicious than anyone else.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

I've personally been suspicious of Red since the start and I'd also vote for lynching him. He's simply too suspicious and if he is mafia then he's a big fish, so taking him down would prove invaluable. His willingness to toss Dwayna under the bus only came after her death was pretty much inevitable anyway - a perfect cover.

Lynch Red ;-D

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

Weeds said:
I agree with Red about Sem, but he's suspicious too. He could be using his knowledge of Sem against us to throw us off the trail! Or he could know something about Sem that we don't... Personally I don't trust anyone.

Dwayna's first post. It seems odd that she'd be suspicious towards Red, seeing as how she was mafia. Then again, this was posted very early in the game, so it doesn't really prove anything.

Unless she's throwing out a red herring.

She could, but she argued with you in a similar fashion at that stage of the game. If you think she was tossing herrings around, the case could be similar with you.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

El has been leading this game from the get-go. I still stand by my accusation of him leading killings at two times of day. And if me wanting reasonable evidence as to why Sho accused Dway is suspicious then you do not get justice, my friends. ;) We can assume that Sho knew Dway was mafia because he investigated her and then threw together bullshit reasoning to try and convince us and he didn't want to outright say he was mafia (although it clearly did not help him :x). El, you've been one of the most suspicious people this entire game, you wield a startling amount of power and Sem has never once questioned you. I'm beginning to believe that you two are mafia (and not very subtle about it either :x), or at the very least El is mafia and Sem is just easily led around.

I vote for El's lynching.

Unfortunately I will be away until Sunday, so I'll have to make a very early vote here. I'm going to vote for Mr.RMA again, because I don't think he should be forgotten. He's been keeping a low profile after day one, and if we don't get him now, we might just forget about him and his suspiciousness. I would've wanted to stay here to see the (sort of) Red/El battle that seems to be going on, since I do have suspicions about both of you :) Anyway, may the Force be with all of those who are innocent (whoever that might be >>; )

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

Sir Red said:
El has been leading this game from the get-go. I still stand by my accusation of him leading killings at two times of day. And if me wanting reasonable evidence as to why Sho accused Dway is suspicious then you do not get justice, my friends. ;) We can assume that Sho knew Dway was mafia because he investigated her and then threw together bullshit reasoning to try and convince us and he didn't want to outright say he was mafia (although it clearly did not help him :x). El, you've been one of the most suspicious people this entire game, you wield a startling amount of power and Sem has never once questioned you. I'm beginning to believe that you two are mafia (and not very subtle about it either :x), or at the very least El is mafia and Sem is just easily led around.

I vote for El's lynching.

That's super but as soon as someone is getting close to lynching the real mafia, you get defensive. I might notice last round, you got defensive when a mafia member was cast under suspicion. This round, you've done the same? That's not coincidence, that's a pattern.

I didn't ask to be some kind of leader figure, you're just all a bit easily led ;3 no, I kid. The last day, I wasn't the person who lead the lynching wasn't me at all, it was Sho. The day before, I just asked to abstain because I didn't want to unfairly kill someone. I mentioned Tan as a joke, because anyone who knows Tan knows he's unlikely to be a murderer.

If I was mafia, I get the feeling I wouldn't make a spectacle of myself. Hiding in plain sight never works as well as it should.

Edit:

As another point, I happen to have been in good communication with the detective, and he gave me certain articles of information which I'm sure the other innocents would find interesting. Before he died, he named another mafia member to me, and that member was Red.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

Yoshimitsu said:
That's super but as soon as someone is getting close to lynching the real mafia, you get defensive. I might notice last round, you got defensive when a mafia member was cast under suspicion. This round, you've done the same? That's not coincidence, that's a pattern.

I didn't ask to be some kind of leader figure, you're just all a bit easily led ;3 no, I kid. The last day, I wasn't the person who lead the lynching wasn't me at all, it was Sho. The day before, I just asked to abstain because I didn't want to unfairly kill someone. I mentioned Tan as a joke, because anyone who knows Tan knows he's unlikely to be a murderer.

If I was mafia, I get the feeling I wouldn't make a spectacle of myself. Hiding in plain sight never works as well as it should.

Edit:

As another point, I happen to have been in good communication with the detective, and he gave me certain articles of information which I'm sure the other innocents would find interesting. Before he died, he named another mafia member to me, and that member was Red.

No shit I'm going to defend myself. Am I just supposed to say "Yeah! Let's all kill me! :'D" No, sir. Of course I am going to try and prove my innocence, it would be stupid of me not to. If people defending themselves from such accusations is considered guilty then again everyone ever accused of anything is guilty if they try to prove otherwise. Your sense of justice is flawed, El. You're just trying to twist things to get your point across and pushing aside all else despite it making sense. And yes "you didn't ask for it", but you still have more influence than anybody (and Sem seems to immediately go along with you, so you two are in cohoots in some fashion).

Also, if you really learned that I was mafia from Sho before he died (which I don't buy and I will explain why in a few ways) then why didn't you immediately say so? There was no chance of you being outed as the detective as he had just died. Thus, you could simply post a quote of how Sho told you and my fate would be sealed. But instead you decided to throw together evidence and accusations and only after I defended myself did you later edit in this claim. Plus, if Sho really did investigate me and find me as mafia to be true, then he died that night. Unless Data told him my identity before Sho died and Sho immediately turned and told you, El, then that would be very lucky of him to just think of going out and telling you immediately. I don't buy that. And even if your claim of Sho telling you I was mafia, again, why wait until now? Did Sho tell you today after he was dead? Breaking the rules, sir? Or just making shit up because I'm onto you?

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

I'm not easily led, it's just that great minds think alike! :'D I've always brought my own thoughts to the table and never have I simply followed anyone else without question. Except on the thing about Tan. But that's because I don't like Tan :x

Sho told me nothing about anyone so I'm not basing my thoughts on Red off of any idea that Sho possibly told El that Red is mafia. Of course, the reason for that may be that Sho suspected that I am also mafia, which MANY of you have also said from the start but none of you have actually made any proper movements against me voting-wise. Apparently right now I'm "El's flunky", so that doesn't make me seem like much of a threat? I'm hurt =(

Anyway, I'm liking how fervently Red is attacking others in order to draw attention away from himself. This could be viewed as some sort of defense but I'm not going to be fooled. |D

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

Thus, you could simply post a quote of how Sho told you and my fate would be sealed.

It's a game, treat it like one ;3

But I checked with petey to see if I was allowed to share that information, so I am doing :)

Edit: for the record, petey said I was allowed to share the information, and Red himself asked me to show the quote, so that's exactly what I've done. :3

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

Well then. Looks like Red has nothing to hide behind now |D Lynch, lynch, lynch~

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

[me=Sir Red]shrugs.[/me]

The original timestamp states that Sho informed you when he was still living so I have nothing to complain about. Well played, gentlemen, well played.

[me=Sir Red]shoots himself before he can be beaten to death by you sick, sadistic townsfolk. :v[/me]

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool

Weeds said:
Unfortunately I will be away until Sunday, so I'll have to make a very early vote here. I'm going to vote for Mr.RMA again, because I don't think he should be forgotten. He's been keeping a low profile after day one, and if we don't get him now, we might just forget about him and his suspiciousness. I would've wanted to stay here to see the (sort of) Red/El battle that seems to be going on, since I do have suspicions about both of you :) Anyway, may the Force be with all of those who are innocent (whoever that might be >>; )

This I can explain, at least for the most part. I've been traveling since Saturday, and it's been hard to find a Wi-Fi hot spot to connect to over that course of time. Usually, I've only been able to connect later in the day.

Though I guess I'm trying to defend myself in that way, I doubt that's gonna change your mind any time soon Weeds, along with anyone else suspicious of me, so it's probably more like an indifferent excuse.

In either case, judging by what I've read up to this point, I'm gonna have to vote for Sir Red

Sorry Red, but waha, I am excite that one more mafia is down ♥

It would be very surprising if Sir Red wasn´t Mafia with this evidence against him. Let´s go lynch him before he suicides!

And just as a sidenote, it´s ironic that Dwayna and Red are both Mafia, given their knight and lady relationship, it´s starting to make me believe that there really is a pattern in who the Mafia is.

Sir Red lynching getto daze~!

But yes, reasons seem to point to Red pretty well.

Lolololo I lie. What an interesting turn of events O.O I'm gonna say kill Red then, no suspiciousness in the world beats raw facts.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Day Three (June 22th-23th): Cheesewire at Midnight

THE DETECTIVE'S LAST LAUGH

In an interesting turn of events, another Mafia member was identified by Shocari, the detective, before he died. The townspeople have summarily dealt with Sir Red, reportedly by forcefeeding him poisonous berries.

One can say many things about the committee, but they certainly get the job done efficiently. Now they no longer have the Detective, however, one must question how long their luck will last.​

So I ended the day early. Sue me. Mafia, it'll be this time tomorrow when I start the next day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.