• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Looking to make a superpower academy roleplay.

(Huzzah! Joining late as per usual. I'malwayslate...) Please excuse the longness of le post.

Name: Rio Fratohana
Alias: Draco, she is protective of her identity out of habit, spends almost all her time in costume and goes by Draco.
Height: 5'4"
Personality: Rio has a little bit of sass and sarcasm mixed in with harmless teasing. She usually plays optimist, and seemingly always has a gentle grin on her face that more often than not doesn't quite reach her eyes. She can be slightly snappy, isn't afraid/ doesn't hold back her opinions. Nothing harmful, but when she is annoyed you'll know when she's annoyed. Overall, she is very loyal and has little regard for self preservation when friends are on the line. Can be loud and annoying at times, but in a way you simply have to role your eyes and call her out on it to make her stop. She doesn't mind. She seems like the type to easily make friends, and while she is social no one ever really sticks around for long. But that's ok, she's used to it.

Appearance: (I am sorry for how long this is don't kill me, *cowers*)

Normally, she is thin and lanky, as in you can tell she usually doesn't get enough to eat even though she does. Her skin is a dark olive color that has clearly been tanned. Her hair is wavy, curly, black, all in all it looks like she came out of the ocean and dried her hair by speeding in a car with no roof. Gnarly scars, and some simple faded ones, cover her all over, but you only see the ones speckling her arms and a few spots on her eyebrows and cheeks due to her clothing. She has large wide eyes, and her face and nose are a little round. But her nose and face are also long and angular. To be perfectly honest you can defiantly tell she is half Hawaiian, people usually can't see her Egyptian heritage. Here is where it gets interesting. Her eyes have no white, the sclera are golden with a darker iris, and her pupils are slit and dragon like. Her ears are long and pointed, looking like a scaled cross of a horse or deer ear, and no they don't poke from the top of her head they are where her normal ears should be. Her hands and feet have ebony colored claws, and of course are scaled. Scales dot her shoulders, neck, hips, face, chest, and parts of her back like freckles in concentrated patches. The scales are a deep cerulean, and she has a pointed and slightly oriental crest of feathers poking from the back of her head through her hair and from her lower back. Her shirt and hair usually cover them though, you usually only see the tips poking out unless they are raised for whatever reason. (Shock, surprise, hostility, etc.) Oh, and she has one crooked tooth in the back of her mouth, this tooth along with its straight sibling on the other side are fangs.

Her clothing is simple. She wears a dark grey sports bra and matching booty shorts. However, because we require appropriateness, she does wear grey jeans, a burgundy T-shirt with an orange maple leave design around the collar, and a jacket that has what appears to be olive green vest material and metal buttons. The jacket has light grey sweater like sleeves and hood, and has four large pockets, two where they normally are, and two over the chest. She always wears a tear dropped shaped pearl type necklace the size of her thumb attached to a silver chain. Also she wears no shoes, little rebel you...

WHEN POWERS ARE ACTIVATED (Ho ho thought I was done didn't you? ;) ) She wears a plain blue mask only over her eyes, kinda magically fused to her face as in can't fall off or be removed. She gains a full skintight suite of some unknown material but has little round circles that appear to be scales that you can only see up cloooooose. Or when she's in the light cuz the costume is shiny *3*
The costume matches her scales, as in its dark cerulean, but she has a white throat marking, and her entire stomach is covered but the white stops around halfway up her chest. The suite covers the claws on her hands but the fabric bends so you can still see them, but her feet instead are clad in what could be shoes, but the suite is all one piece you can't tell if there are shoes beneath it or no. The top of where here nails would be on the suite, along with three spots on her feet are black, when activated claws of pure light are formed. She has two black lines on her back, wings of pure light form there. Also, she still keeps her ears, fangs and feathers still show/poke out of the costume seamlessly. Around her waist is a scarf like belt which ties at the back and extends into a scarf tail. The end of the tail is cut up to look like feathers, and moves as if it actually were a tail. But you know, it's a scarf. The scarf is the same color as the rest of the costume, but also white on the bottom. If you look closely at her palms and bottom of her feet you can see she has mock paw pad designs.

History: Here's the gist of it. She is/still kinda is/was human. No powers, no nothing. She HAD two mom's. Her Uncle-papa was the best friend of one mom, and was like a brother hence he is uncle. He offered to donate so the two women could have a kid, hence he is papa. Papa was Egyptian, Moms were Hawaiian and Irish. Hawaiian mom got cancer, she died. Other mom applied herself fully to scientific work, got a new job offer for a restricted lab, (Oh no never a good sign is it.) Family moves to Atlantis. Lost city you mean? Exactly, they use fancy schmancy technology to hide themselves, subtly offer people to move there, and no one is allowed to leave. Rio lives in the lab, mom gets abusive cuz Rio doesn't follow in her footsteps. Mom hears about ancient artifact, finds ancient temple. Rio finds necklace, knows whatever mom plans isn't good, hides necklace. Necklace has spirit of a dragon in it. She grows up with spirit, eventually things get too bad, Rio with the help and hesitation of spirit runs away. Dragon spirit is convinced by Rio to grant her the power in the necklace when a villain emerges. Rio is a homeless vigilante for about a year. She isn't the chosen one as in, she isn't the proper inheritor of the dragon spirit, so mutations occur. Rio eventually is fed up with the police hunting her she flies away from Atlantis, never mentions it again. Despite both her and the dragon spirit loving each other and not wanting to be separated, both still believe Rio is not the chosen one.

She hears about school after hiding away, and thinks, this is a new chance. Lenny, the dragon spirit, encourages Rio to become a full fledged hero. Also because they both knew Rio wouldn't last long on the streets anyways even if she did go back to being a vigilante. Also, they both knew her methods, which were almost second nature/ Rio doesn't hesitate, were rather unhealthy. These methods included knowing how to kill quickly = maiming/tearing/shredding/biting/making a huge freaking mess and she is "skilled" in effectively avoiding both police and government. Yea..... not something to boast about on a resume.

Powers: She can fuse with an ancient dragon spirit. Other than gaining a fancy costume and simple things like enhanced senses, strength, and durability. (Not in the way you are thinking, she is only about 3 times stronger/more durable than a normal human, nothing major.) Her main attributes include using and bending light to her uses, such as making herself claws and wings made of pure light, condensing herself into light to run at light speed but ONLY IN A STRAIGHT LINE, and she can split herself into pure light copies of herself (Only 7, one for each color of the rainbow) but this final power uses a lot of energy and she usually looses her transformation after that, but if she doesn't use that she can remain transformed for around 2 days. This is how she will go to school, she is still protective of her identity. She can breath blue fire. But nothing else is special, she just breath it.

How did she get her powers? She found a necklace that held the banished spirit of a dragon. The dragon is named Lenny, due to the curse Lenny is not any longer than Rio's hand. Standard western dragon, no horns, markings match costume, eyes match Rio's, no ears, feathers! Also feather wings :3 She can fuse with Lenny to become the vigilante Draco that no one knows about unless you've been to Atlantis, but since Atlantis "doesn't exist" even to the supers, Draco doesn't exist. Lenny also loves honey and must be fed after every transformation. Rio inherited Lenny's features and some dragon like behavior from being exposed to the power.

Weaknesses: Despite being tougher to bruise/cut, she is still human. Things like blood loss, disease, suffocation, drowning, etc are still lethal. The gem of her necklace also fuses into her chest, and if this thing is tugged out, minus the excruciating amount of pain, Rio dies. Not even if you put it back in after it is removed, this is her heart once she transforms, and instant removal is instant death. Also, unless someone has healing powers, the literal and annoyingly only way she can heal is through contact with water. But it leaves soreness and scars. Despite preferring rain, she has a distinct fear of thunder, guns, and the police. Also the girl is allergic to freaking every type/form/variation of nut in the known universe, even as Draco, so there's that too. Not to mention, those black areas on her costume, also extremely vulnerable, if you hit it just right it is pretty much useless until she transforms again and it gets repaired. MAGICALLY

(Sorry for how long this was but I get paranoid if I don't do my character's appearance justice and shtuff.... I really hope I did this whole ask to join thing right... ^^; )
Well then...I don't really see how I could turn this character down even if I wanted to, it's just too well written! Your definitely in, feel free to post as soon as you get the chance :D

But yeah teams are now going to be tricky, it'll have to be 5 pairs as @kyuukestu said...

Hey... I'm so sorry for being so inactive here... and everywhere else... but I can't really type at the moment, and posting in an RP on my phone is a royal pain in the ass. I promise I'll get something up soon. The only problem is my recovering state. My surgery went well, and ok getting better every day, but I still think it's too much to be posting on RPs at the moment... You can just say that Lux came ok last or something... :p

Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

Hey... I'm so sorry for being so inactive here... and everywhere else... but I can't really type at the moment, and posting in an RP on my phone is a royal pain in the ass. I promise I'll get something up soon. The only problem is my recovering state. My surgery went well, and ok getting better every day, but I still think it's too much to be posting on RPs at the moment... You can just say that Lux came ok last or something... :p

Don't worry about it, you just focus on getting better, much more important than this roleplay :D

Aaaand double post

But I just read through everything, haha, that tool a little bit.

As for teams, apologies for flip flopping the numbers around lol. And seriously just throw me into one of those wheels you see people use in bingo and get a random number or whatnot for teams.

Also, I would like to mention I have 12 hour school days( holy fudge that's the first time I've counted from start to finish...) and I live in good old California, so my time zone is like, Waaaaaaaay behind everyone xD

Aaaand double post

But I just read through everything, haha, that tool a little bit.

As for teams, apologies for flip flopping the numbers around lol. And seriously just throw me into one of those wheels you see people use in bingo and get a random number or whatnot for teams.

Also, I would like to mention I have 12 hour school days( holy fudge that's the first time I've counted from start to finish...) and I live in good old California, so my time zone is like, Waaaaaaaay behind everyone xD
That's fine, Im sure we can make it work, I dont think many of us live in very similar time zones anyway :p

Im glad your starting to feel better as well Ringmaster :)

Get well Soon ~

Hey, so what are we doing for the rest of the tests? You tell us the tests, we tell you how we react, we count up the points accordingly?If we fully RP them, it'll take weeks.

so idk if i'm just bad at RPs which is fine, however i'm getting a bit confused on whose names botny know and doesn't know. can a teacher or someone do like a role call? i'm not sure if it matters but i feel like i've already messed up on it. :p

so idk if i'm just bad at RPs which is fine, however i'm getting a bit confused on whose names botny know and doesn't know. can a teacher or someone do like a role call? i'm not sure if it matters but i feel like i've already messed up on it. :p
If it makes you feel better I'm the same. So just pretend you were given a list of names with photos next to them when you first arrived :)

I just realized but, now that teams are gonna be paired, regardless of how they're paired I still would have given away strategies to the enemy.... orz

At best i could only have one of them on my team though :/
Or neither, but I can always change the odds so that it's easier for those who were in the original teams to end up with each other. And I will be making some changes for the sake of balance, timezones and activity levels as well.

I need to consider strategies for each person in case then end up on my team, but at the same time i really want to pick a fight with them to see how it would go, maybe I'll take to ambushing the other students during the night. Or better yet, I'll go ambushing y'all in your dreams ~

I mean your not really meant to be fighting us....we are all on the same side here, heroes against evil! And to be honest your sounding more evil

What happens when a student has a nightmare or a questionable dream? Does Sylphiel just wake up and sit on his bed regretting his actions and attempt to bleach his eyes?

What happens when a student has a nightmare or a questionable dream? Does Sylphiel just wake up and sit on his bed regretting his actions and attempt to bleach his eyes?
Depends on how questionable the dream is, I've already hoped into a Nightmare of Christmas Carols, but it would depend on my reaction, maybe just a ....... and off to the next dream.
Syphiel is probably safe from Nikolai, as well, since the boy is so dastardly in love with him lmao
ah the troubles of being beautiful xD

you guys are funny. no i won't betray anyone as long as you don't upset me ;p BWAHAHA. anyways new teams seem good to me but i will miss my old teammates...boo hoo! boo hoo! booooooo hooooooo!

you guys are funny. no i won't betray anyone as long as you don't upset me ;p BWAHAHA. anyways new teams seem good to me but i will miss my old teammates...boo hoo! boo hoo! booooooo hooooooo!
If there's a combat class I expect you to use the idea's I gave, if only to display the (former) prowess of team Nightshade!
Well at least I haven't told you all my secrets ~